ITC Probate Legal Services www.itclegal.com Reviews

ITC Probate Legal Services www.itclegal.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for ITC Probate Legal Services www.itclegal.com

ITC Probate Legal Services www.itclegal.com

“avoid at all costs”

Written on: 04/06/2014 by STEPHZEB44 (1 review written)

I was directed to chorus law firm by the bereavement advice centre, as i was trying to help my disabled, distraught mother who lost her beloved husband in january this year. As she lives 200 miles away,and i have disabled children so couldnt help with any practicalities, i foolishly arranged an appointment for them to come and see my mother at home. The salesman was lovely, we thought they were a legal firm, if we had thought otherwise we wouldnt have used them. My mother was told she would be… Read Full Review

Itcprobate's Response to STEPHZEB44's Review

Written on: 05/06/2014

I am very sorry to hear of your experience and would very much like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please would you be able to email me with your case details (name and case ref number) so I can quickly locate your case and look into this for you? Many Thanks

“Do not use this awful company.”

Written on: 18/02/2014 by MissN06 (1 review written)

My father passed away in November 2011 and I am still waiting for everything to go through! I have had three case managers, none of which have even researched our case and each person who works there gives conflicting advice against the other! We tried to change the deeds of the house, was told this was fine, was sent the paperwork, signed, sent back, only for them to send a letter to say this is invalid as the first names on the deeds would be the finalised document, even though i do not… Read Full Review

Itcprobate's Response to MissN06's Review

Written on: 25/02/2014

I'm sorry to hear of your experience and I would like to look into this for you. Please would you be able to email your case details to us. Many Thanks

Missn06's reply to Itcprobate's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2014

Hi, if you can let me know a specific email and name to send this to, I will get it sent over asap.

Itcprobate's reply to Missn06's Comment

Written on: 03/03/2014

Apologies for not putting this on the original comment. Please would you be able to email us. You may put it for the attention of Helen Pearce and I will make sure it goes to the correct person. Many Thanks

Sylviamil's Response to MissN06's Review

Written on: 15/07/2014

Terrible company, staff are rubbish and so slow! I wonder how many are qualified and the conveyancing company DC Law really do not have any experience! They are not acting for but are for my seller, what should have taken two weeks is still not completed after 8 weeks! A local solicitor is much better!

“Do not use this company you will regret it and my case...”

Written on: 28/11/2013

Do not use this company you will regret it and my case finished April 2013. Evidently the same shoddy service for years, constant lies. ITC say on here they will look into your complaint and will than do nothing as they are happy with the incredible low standards they offer… Read Full Review

Beanybabe's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2013

I forgot to mention the exhorbitant fees, which are by far higher than solicitors, The sooner this outfit are closed down the better, along with their other shoddy company Chorus Law.

Written on: 02/12/2013

Thank you for leaving your comments. I can assure you that we do look into all complaints raised with us and investigate thoroughly - including helping people who have left reviews and complaints on this site. If you would like to email smsupport@itc.co.uk with your case reference and details then I would happily look into this for you personally. Many Thanks

Iseeitall's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2014

You may well look into the complaints (eventually), but that rarely leads to a satisfactory outcome for the client does it?

“quite staggered by negative reviews”

Written on: 07/11/2013 by carlahua (1 review written)

i used ITC in 2008 for distribution etc of a relatives large estate. we had updates from itc at the arranged times and excellent service . took longer to close the estate than they had said - approximately 12 months instead of 9 but they follow the same process as the solicitors or banks do, which is very lengthy. i did feel anxious at the time, as a large amount of money was tied up with them but i received all the money due and they charged the quoted amount. i would very highly recommend… Read Full Review

Itcprobate's Response to carlahua's Review

Written on: 08/11/2013

Many thanks for leaving your feedback - it is very much appreciated. We hope that others will be able to use this review and advice to make a more informed decision. Once again many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Written on: 07/03/2014

I too used them in 2008 and through into 2009 and 2010. The case was simple and not a large estate, yet iTC were ridiculously long winded, 200% more expensive than their quote and hopelessly inadequate at their job.

Written on: 22/11/2013

Why no defence to the negative responses below? Do you need to run it by the press office first?

Angrygirlie's Response to carlahua's Review

Written on: 20/11/2013

I am happy that you had a good experience with ITC Legal Services, but did you know that during that time (you say 2008) the large amount of money that you had tied up with ITC would of been in an account that earned ITC Legal Services INTEREST, and that interest would be retained by them?. This is a fact as l too was a client of ITC from 2008 and they retained the interest on my mothers estate, but as l had not signed their terms and conditions, and because they made horrendous and continous 'errors', l demanded the interest back. The terms and conditions during the time you were with ITC, would stipulate that they retain any interest, however, the wording of their terms and conditions were not that clear for you to realise exactly what ITC meant. So your belief that ITC "follow the same process as solicitors" is incorrect; solicitors are not allowed to retain interest on the clients money, and ITC are not solicitors. They are an unregulated company who pass on the 'legal' work to a solicitor and charge as a third party, so you, the client, have no leg to stand on when ITC get it wrong (which you were fortunate and very, very lucky to not experience judging by your review)

Written on: 20/11/2013

Why did you wait until now to post such a wonderful comment about this company rather than back in 2008 when your case ended?
Just a few corrections:
ITC Legal Services DO NOT follow the same process as solicitors or banks, they do what any executor can do - obtain the Grant of Probate, which iS NOT a lengthy process.
After that, ITC have to employ a solicitor themselves because they are not allowed to do the legal work themselves - they are NOT legally trained or regulated.
The warning that you give over ITC possibly taking a couple of months longer than you anticipated is rather vague - ITC regulary take in excess of 2 YEARS to finish a case, even simple ones (and I can prove that claim). That is AFTER they obtain the Grant of Probate and receive the estate funds into their own account THEY will not pay interest on that money over the 2 years either - you forgot to mention THAT.
ITC are, to use your own words " the charlatans/ rogues etc that they are made out to be" and that is exactly why they are getting such negative reviews on here and everywhere else on the internet.
Even the solicitor that they have been using has been shut down by the Solicitors Regulation Authority due to dishonest practices and without a doubt ITC knew what was happening. If they didn't they should not be in business of supplying legal services

Outlander74's reply to Iseeitall's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2013

We are all staggered by your 5 star awarded ITC review!!!!! ITC are a wicked wicked wicked company not just by my experience,but by hundreds of others too !

“Thank you for all your help.I was kept well informed...”

Written on: 28/10/2013

Thank you for all your help.I was kept well informed throughout the whole process. I would certainly recommend you to friends… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/11/2013

Many thanks for leaving your review. We appreciate you taking the time to inform others of your experience with ITC.

Written on: 01/11/2013

“How wrong can you be.”

Written on: 24/10/2013

My wife died suddenly in September 2011 and I informed Barclays Bank who immediately froze her accounts. They said that they could put me in touch with their Bereavement Service who could advise me on what to do as my wife had died intestate. I thought that at that time I would arrange the funeral and sort everything out when I was ready to face it. Three days later I was informed that someone from the bereavement services would be coming to see me the next day. I arranged for my daughter to… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/10/2013

We are very sorry to hear of your experience and we would very much welcome the chance to rectify this. Please would you be able to email smsupport@itc.co.uk with your case reference and details and I can look into this for you. Many Thanks

Feelingbetter's Comment

Written on: 26/10/2013

It appears that my experience with ITC is not unique having read the past reviews. My objective at that time was to have the whole of my wife's affairs sorted out in the quickest and most efficient way possible enabling me to get on with the rest of my life. Your representative gave me the impression at the time of his visit that ITC could help me to achieve this objective. That is where the timing and costs were acceptable. The fact that your company did not achieve this objective was no fault of mine as I provided all of the information as and when required. If your representative had informed me that it would take a year to complete. I would have rejected the offer made.
As the time moved on it appeared that my case was put onto the back burner, and your staff were pro-longing the time to carry out what would seem to me basic tasks. When I was given incorrect information regarding my wife's investment, I contacted the investment company and received conflicting information, and sorted this out myself so that progress could be made. Having spent a frustrating year, I was much relieved when the whole process was finalised. I thought that the feedback sheet sent to me was some kind of sick joke. I have since taken steps to ensure that myself and my family can avoid a re-occurrence of the stress caused by ITC and Barclays Bank.
I thank you for your offer to rectify your mistakes but I can't see how you can give me back my time that you wasted.

Written on: 28/10/2013

I'm very sorry that you do not feel we can help you any further. Without knowing the details of your case I cannot advise on any areas that we could look into for you. If you do change your mind, please contact me at smsupport@itc.co.uk. Many Thanks

“very good”

Written on: 19/10/2013

i used itc in 2008 as they were a lot cheaper than banks or solicitors . i think why they are cheaper is because they work on bulk files - hence the delay in getting the estate paid out. we were told 6-9 months for the estate to be settled but it took about 14 months . they did call on the appointed dates with updates but they were hard to get hold of in between those times. i would recommend their service but just be aware that it will probably take longer than the quoted time scale… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/10/2013

Many thanks for your review. We are glad you found our service value for money and were updated regularly. We do however apologise for any unforeseen delays in completing your case. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback.

“don't use itc”

Written on: 15/10/2013 by Clemmillard (1 review written)

Would never use this company , they lie. Still waiting 3 years and no joy… Read Full Review

Itcprobate's Response to Clemmillard's Review

Written on: 17/10/2013

Thank you for leaving a review. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your case. Please would you be able to email your details and case reference number to smsupport@itc.co.uk and I will get this looked into for you. Many Thanks

Iseeitall's reply to Itcprobate's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2013

ITC, you forgot to add that after you have had this "looked into", there will be no issues that you can find to explain why this person and over 60 others have given you a very poor rating on this site.
I suspect that your company would, by rights, only have a score of 0.4 out of 5 stars if reviewers had the option of leaving zero stars. But as the system stands, we can't.

Iseeitall's Response to Clemmillard's Review

Written on: 30/11/2013

You might like to search for the following group on Facebook:
Chorus Law, ITC Legal, Simplify & B.A.C. Ripped Me Off

There are many other people there who have the same problem as you

“CHORUS LAW AVOID AT YOUR PERIL”

Written on: 14/10/2013

MY MUM PASSED AWAY IN MARCH 2013 HER FREE WILL MADE AT BARCLAYS WAS NOT FREE THEY ARE THE EXECUTORS HENCE IAM NOW STUCK WITH CHORUS LAW NIGHTMARE FROM THE ONSET IAM 8 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE AND NO FURTHER ON CALLING THEM CONSTANTLY AND GETTING NOWERE I WAS TOLD THIS WAS A STRAIGHT FORWARD WILL AS IAM THE ONLY BENEFICARY THIS IS COSTING 6000 POUNDS I COULD OF SORTED THIS OUT MYSELF FOR FAR LESS MONEY AND FOR LESS UPSET AND WORRY THEY HAVE CAUSED ME SO MUCH STRESS IAM NOW QUITE SURE I WILL LOOSE A… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/10/2013

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. Please can you email your case details and I would happily investigate this further for you. As your case is with Chorus Law as opposed to ITC please could you email smsupport@choruslaw.co.uk

“ITC - DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER USING THESE AWFUL PEOPLE”

Written on: 10/10/2013

RE: ITC My mum died back in March 2012 and, in a very distressed state, I contacted the number given in a pack from the funeral service firm. The man who came to see me was very consoling and charming. He 'established' the value of all my mum's stuff, by saying things like 'did she like antiques? she must have had some lovely pieces, I bet they are worth something?' etc etc. He 'offered' a figure of 'around £10- £15,000. I agreed to all this (the furniture subsequently sold for £100.00… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/10/2013

Thank you for leaving feedback. I would very much like to help resolve the issues you have raised in your review. Please would you be able to email me on smsupport@itc.co.uk with your details and case reference number and I will look into this for you. Many Thanks

Angrygirlie's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2013

So sorry for your experience..sounds very, very similar to mine and many others. I was promised in 2010 by ITC ( my case finished in 2009) that measures would be put into place so that further clients would not go through the same bad experience that I had......ITC have not learned, nor do they appear to want to as they continue to treat clients with no sensitivity. I know how painful the extra problems this company causes on to of bereavement so I do empathise with you. ITC saluted ME as Mrs. xxxx when l am a Miss, so was being saluted AS MY MOTHER...it hurts.

Janegreen654's Comment

Written on: 02/12/2013

I have just received a feedback form from these people - I don't even know where to start!
I believe that criminal investigations should be instigated or pass all the comments on to a tv investigative programme such as Watchdog. As an individual, I just don't have the energy to pursue this company. They have made a very distressing time so much worse, awful - awful - awful. The directors need to be brought to book and made to suffer as much as their practices have made us suffer.
I don't think despise is too strong a word for how I feel about this pack of charlatans.

Angrygirlie's Comment

Written on: 03/12/2013

As you say janegreen, you do not have the energy to persue this company. That is one of the advantages this company has, clients are emotionally exhausted and in grief, so less likely to challenge and confront/deal with the company's unacceptable practices. As ITC Legal Services are an unregulated company, the client is seriously disadvantaged when needing redress. ITC literally get away with it.

Clemmillard's Comment

Written on: 15/10/2013

I couldn't agree more , I think they keep the funds in an account and take the interest

Written on: 15/10/2013

Thank you for leaving your comment. If you have a case query past or present that we can help you with or an issue you would like to raise with us, please email your case details to smsupport@itc.co.uk and I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Janegreen654's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2013

I will certainly be emailing you, but at present your company are still withholding my mum's money and, try as I might, your staff seem unable to tell me what the costs are going to be. I have sorted out all the final bills myself which was the reason you gave for not completing the process. I am sure that if I query anything now, your company will use it as yet another excuse for withholding what is not yours to withhold!!

“Chorus Law is NOT a law firm! ”

Written on: 01/10/2013

As the rest of the forum states, stay away from Chorus Law (part of the same group as ITC) at all costs. I have a probate case running with them at the moment and they have made it incredibility difficult at every turn. The constant chasing for updates, the lack of accountability they take when you are paying them a large fee for their terrible service you are receiving is a joke. I have complained on a number of occasions to my Case Manager who just does not care about the service I'm given… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/10/2013

Many thanks for leaving your comments. I am very sorry that any previous complaints have not been dealt with to your satisfaction and I would like the opportunity to rectify this.
I just wanted to clarify one point so that I may better deal with your concerns. ITC and Chorus are not the same company, but two separate companies that are part of a larger group. Therefore if your case is with Chorus Law, please may I ask that you contact smsupport@choruslaw.co.uk with you case ID and information and a member of the Chorus Law customer service team will be in touch directly.
Many Thanks

“disgusted ”

Written on: 17/08/2013 by nasha1981 (1 review written)

My daughters father died and the other family went ti this company, I asked all the correct questions was promised I would be informed of everything come to the end bill and debts have been taken from the esate wuthout me being informed. Questioning the chattles I was told yes I can disbrute it now I am been told no I could never do that. Bills are not fully recieved and they have just lied to me full stop. I am currently talking to my solictior if I knew then what I know now I would never of… Read Full Review

Itcprobate's Response to nasha1981's Review

Written on: 20/08/2013

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry that you are dissatisfied with ITC's service. If you would like to contact us at smsupport@itc.co.uk and quote your case number, we will do our best to address your concerns.

“I found the service satisfactory”

Written on: 16/08/2013

Since my dad died last year and I put the probate into itc,s hands its gone well - I'm shocked at all the bad reviews +feel sorry for all those concerned - I've been kept in the loop all the way through +when they said I would get a call I did - the process has been painless +yes you pay enough -i can only tell how I've got on +a special mention to Ms L Williams she's been ace - thanks -the reason I wouldn't recommend to friend is its a personal decision involving money… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/08/2013

Many thanks for posting your comments. All feedback is very gratefully received.

“ITC AVOID AT ALL COST'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 14/08/2013

My mum was told by BArclays they could help with her dads affairs when he passed away that was 2 years ago and still no further forward and today I have been looking into these rip off merchants and cant believe all the negative feed backs these scumbags have got, they pray on people when they are at there lowest and c on people out of there money, my mum thought they would take a lot of stress away from her as at the time she was looking after mum and me as I was diagnoised with cancer so it… Read Full Review

“Do not consider ITC Legal”

Written on: 25/07/2013

If I could have awarded zero stars I would have! ITC Legal was recommended by Barclay's Bank when my wife died. However, they were absolutely terrible. It has taken nearly three years and they did not even deal with the main issue within my late wife's Will, which meant I had to instruct my own solicitor anyway. Throughout the three years, ITC's communication has been poor to non-existent, failing to keep me informed of key events/activity and changing 'Case Workers' without telling me. Overall… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/07/2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we would like the opportunity to address the points you have raised. Please email smsupport@itc.co.uk with your case name and reference number and we will look into this further. Many Thanks

“SAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 11/07/2013 by Andrew514 (1 review written)

Please please don't use this company get a solicitor and save yourself money and time… Read Full Review

Itcprobate's Response to Andrew514's Review

Written on: 12/07/2013

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please would you be able to email your name and case reference to smsupport@itc.co.uk, and I would be happy to assist you with any problems you may have experienced.

“ITC stands for Incompetent, Timewasting and Costly”

Written on: 05/07/2013

Don't even consider using these people. I hope they go out of business very soon. Utterly useless… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/07/2013

Thanks for your comment. Please email your case details and reference number to smsupport@itc.co.uk and we will investigate any specific issues or concerns. Many Thanks

“Please dont ever use this company”

Written on: 01/07/2013 by lifesabeach (1 review written)

They are the worst people I have ever had to deal with .You use this company at the saddest and lowest time of your life thinking they will at least take some of the worry and stress away from you but they make it a million times worse.They are totally useless and the amount of mistakes and lies that they tell you is unbelievably.it was the worst 13 months of my life trying to do the job that these usless bunch were charging me for.so avoid at all cost… Read Full Review

Itcprobate's Response to lifesabeach's Review

Written on: 08/07/2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have previously been able to help people who have raised issues on this site- if you can email your case details and reference number to smsupport@itc.co.uk, then I will certainly look into any concerns you may have. Many Thanks

“DON'T BOTHER WITH ITC”

Written on: 03/06/2013

My partner passed away in December 2011 I was recommended to use ITC to deal with the probate by Barclays Bank. I gave them all the documentation that they asked for but they then decided to query the Will made by my partner at a local firm of Solicitors. After three months they decided to contact my late partners Solicitor (who drew up the Will) to check whether or not it was actually prepared by them. This was confirmed both over the telephone and in written correspondence. There was no… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/06/2013

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have raised in your post above and I would very much like to look into these for you. If you're able to email your case reference number and name to smsupport@itc.co.uk then I will be able to investigate your concerns. Many Thanks

Julie1952's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2013

Sorry but I do not see the point of supplying you with the information you have requested because you will probably do what you have done with my previous complaints and enquiries which is absolutely nothing. Whilst you were supposedly handling my case I made numerous phone calls to your offices only to be told that the person who was handling the matter was either "not in the office" or "unable to take the call" and that they would be asked to phone me back. I did explain that I could only be contacted by telephone before 10.00am or after 3.00pm as I would be at work and un-contactable between 10.00am and 3.00pm. Yes somebody did phone back but when I was at work and again I had to ring you and go through the whole procedure again. So basically I have lost all confidence in your company as it appears 1: No idea what you are supposed to be doing and 2: absolutely no concern for your clients, who at the end of the day are paying your salary.
I would not recommend your ITC to anyone.

Written on: 05/06/2013

Once again I'm very sorry that you do not feel your complaints have been dealt with during the course of your case. My role is specifically to help deal with complaints in a customer services capacity, so if you are able to send me any case references and details then I would personally look into this for you. Many Thanks

Julie1952's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2013

My details are as follows:
Case ID 39069
Contact ID 704609
ITC reference number 834336-39069
The last correspondence I received from yourselves was from the Case Manager, enclosing the Grant of Probate 16 months after the death of my partner..
I look forward to receiving a fully detailed response, by letter, as to why all the delays took place within the next 10 working days. Unless I hear from within this period I feel I will have no option but to take the matter further.

Written on: 07/06/2013

Many thanks for this information.
I will now look into the details of your case and contact you as soon as possible. Before I look into the full details of your case, at this stage I cannot promise to have all the answers within 10 working days but I will certainly be in touch within that time frame.

Cornwall71's Comment

Written on: 21/06/2013

Very well put.

Written on: 19/06/2013

Thank you again for the information you provided. We have now fully reviewed the case and will be writing to you at the address provided on your case file. If this address is likely to have changed, please could you email your amended contact details to smsupport@itc.co.uk. Many Thanks

“Why can't I leave zero stars ?”

Written on: 06/05/2013 by Cornwall71 (1 review written)

Appalling service and vastly inflated charges. Do yourself a favour and employ a solicitor . Months later and no action plus they got me to sign over a power if attorney so they could be in control. Stay away… Read Full Review

Itcprobate's Response to Cornwall71's Review

Written on: 07/05/2013

Thank you for your comments and the points you have raised. We'd very much like to investigate this further and help with your concerns. Please could you email your case reference number to smsupport@itc.co.uk. Many Thanks

Cornish71's reply to Itcprobate's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2013

You had already "investigated" my concerns and proved to be equally useless at that !

Itcprobate's reply to Cornish71's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2013

I'm sorry we were unable to help with your complaints in the first instance, without knowing any of the details of your case I am unable to comment on why this was. However, if you would like me to look into these again, please email smsupport@itc.co.uk with your case reference number. Many Thanks

Apalledfromdudley's reply to Itcprobate's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2013

I think maybe you could help me out with a similar matter then because I was quoted (merely days after my mothers death and after losing my father a year before) £3000+ for getting the grant of probate. I was explained to with big understanding eyes looking at me about how much stress was involved in the whole thing and how they would help. He also showed me some calculations of how much a local solicitor would cost, in excess of £5000 due to lack of man power etc and hourly charges. I was in such shock from her passing and being the only one able to apply for probate. I was overwhelmed and stupidly agreed.

My local solicitor just called me because apparently he is being asked for a will that he already sent on 24th June and he warned me about ITC/Chorus law. His bill would have been £800+ vat. How is that £5000 or even near your quote of £3000. RIP OFF. Please let me know how I go about stopping your handling this matter before grant of probate is applied for and how little I can pay you for this service. 1p? My mother passed on the 17th May and probabte still hasn't been applied for. The will and estate couldn't have been any more clear cut and straightforward!

I have had my 'case manager' constantly harassing me to sell through Move With Us knowing full well that it would delay the distribution of funds from the account with which I am supposed to be carrying out my mothers wishes in helping my nephew who has leukaemia. I don't think I should be delaying carrying out that wish, do you?

The whole thing is a sham and I'm appalled to hear peoples accounts of dealing with you. I had phone calls on the day of my mothers funeral and letters from Move With Us asking how they can market the property even though of course I wasn't even thinking about that. Nice! Heartless. Really heartless.