Brides Of Ashford Reviews

Media Gallery for Brides Of Ashford

Brides Of Ashford

“vile human being”

Written on: 11/08/2012

This woman is a vile human being iv just seen her on cowboy traders and im disgusted that this person was able to get away with it so long. she should be locked up. Those poor brides and then to pretend she had never seen those two brides was truely awfull. I hope one day Karma comes back and bites her in the behind. i hope she ends up with nothing. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WOMAN!… Read Full Review

“A piece of dirt !!! ”

Written on: 07/08/2012

I saw it on Cowboy Traders, how she can live with herself I do not know!! If anyone even looks at booking a wedding with that Lady DON'T!!!!!! If I had problems with her, I would take her to court!!!!… Read Full Review

“Sharon is Disgusting”

Written on: 09/07/2012

Saw Cowboy Traders- what a piece of scum that woman sharon is!!!!! I hope her name gets put there and nobody ever deals with her in business again. My thoughts are with the poor brides who's weddings she wrecking… Read Full Review

“Use at your peril ”

Written on: 10/06/2012

Do not use this company and the same person owns brides OF portsmouth so be warned .USE AT YOUR RISK… Read Full Review

Beagssmile's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2012

omg wish i had seen this 5 months ago my daughter has parted with £4000 and 11 days to go till wedding and (name removed) has shut shop there were brides outside in tears, we are 9 suites short a limo and 2 photographers this women is lower than low we are numb with shock!! my daughter beside herself!!!! brides of portsmouth you disgust me!

“Decietful business lady”

Written on: 09/04/2012

I use to work for this lady when she bought the bridal shop from my previous employer, in Dorset, never had a good feeling from the start of her taking over the business.To say that her customers were scum is totally out of order if anyone is scum it's her and her husband Tony.How she can take money off of brides and then leave them without nothing is disgusting and this just shows what type of people they are… Read Full Review

“WARNING; stay away. ”

Written on: 05/04/2012

Just seen cowboy traders. Strangely enough I don't think you'll be welcomed back into Ashford anytime soon. We're scum? Psssssssssst, we're not the ones going around fobbing people off on their big days. Would give you a lower score, but sadly enough they don't do no stars or minus stars! Well, you know what they say!!! What goes around comes back around. Karma's going to come bite your bum, you silly lady!!!… Read Full Review

“Brides of Ashfords”

Written on: 04/04/2012 by lawkaryn1978 (1 review written)

Just seen Cowboy Traders - SHAME ON YOU SHARON FOR TREATING THOSE TWO CUSTOMERS THAT WAY. AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SAY YOUR CUSTOMERS WERE 'SCUM'?? BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THE LAST PART OF THE PROG WHERE THE BRIDE WAS SO HAPPY TO GET A PROPER WEDDING… Read Full Review

“I know this will probably not help anyone but I am...”

Written on: 24/05/2011 by irmajune (2 reviews written)

I know this will probably not help anyone but I am selling my dress which was purchased from brides of ashford. it is ivory size 10 from mon cheri it has small straps. if this sounds like the dress any of you wanted I am selling this for £450. if you need a picture give me your email.

joanna creane… Read Full Review

Irmajune's Response to irmajune's Review

Written on: 24/05/2011

My email is jojen184@btinternet.com if you need it.

“The advice for all brides being ripped off by this...”

Written on: 23/05/2011

The advice for all brides being ripped off by this company is to ring the manufacturer of the dress. They can advise you of some of their other stockists and try and help.

I spoke to a nice retailer today and they were so helpful telling me where to go , and trying to get hold of some dresses for me. I get married in 7 weeks and there are apparently some brands that can get dresses in 4 weeks.

Good luck ladies, lets hope no one else has to suffer like we have had to… Read Full Review

“I unfortunately bought my dress from this shop. I am...”

Written on: 23/05/2011

I unfortunately bought my dress from this shop. I am so angry and upset, it really has ruined a lot of what should be such a special time. I went there in good faith back in January and found my 'perfect dress'. My mum then put a deposit down for me and I was so excited and couldn't wait for it to arrive. They said the dress would be there in mid April. April arrives, no phonecall from them so I decide to give them a call myself. The 'manager' answers and very nervously says that it won't be… Read Full Review

Missydoddy's Comment

Written on: 23/05/2011

Hiya Hun, I also ordred my dress for brides of Ashford and only found out today whats happened and Im totally gutted! Back in March the shop had a fashion show which I went to just to have a look at dressed and get an idea of the type of thing I wanted. I ended up trying on some dresses and actually finding 'the one'. They offered me £200 discount off the dress if I made and order and put a deposit down that night which regretfully I did. That evening I was assured the dress would be ordered first thing in the morning and should be in by this September. I went away that night so happy I had found my perfect dress. After speaking to a few people i got wind of the shops bad rep so decided to give them a call to check the progress of my order. I was told quite abruptley that my dress would be in the end of July and then the phone was put down! A week or so later I called them again as I wanted to arrange to take my bridesmaids in the shop to show them my dress. I was told I could pop in any time which I did and I must say the young girl that was working in the shop at the time was very nice and helpful. Again I checked when my dress would be in and she confirmed July.
<br/>Then today I got a call from a friend telling me the shop had gone bankrupt and closed down. Words cannot describe how angry and upset I felt. I tried calling them on all 3 numbers i have but no answer on any. I actually went down to the shop myself to see it empty and closed! My aunty actually paid the deposit for me and was so annoyed when she found out she phoned the local paper. Apparently they were already running a story on Brides of Ashford and my story is just one of many. One poor girl actually went into the shop this saturday and paid a deposit on a dress which they took full well knowing the situation. The journalist had managed to speak to the Manager of brides of ashford who told him they would be for filling all orders but even the journalist admitted this was unlikely. Hopfully we should be able to get the deposit back though the card provider but have no idea what the situation is with my dress. I doubt they ever ordered it in the first place!
<br/>I am totally gutted, my wedding is not till October but I now have the stress of trying to find another dress when I thought I had already found my perfect dress. Brides of Ashford are nothing but a bunch of crooks and I feel they held that fashion show knowing full well they were going bankrupt and wanted to coin in as much money whilst they could.

Written on: 26/05/2011

Im really sorry to hear the problems you ladies are having. This company have been going under for the last year. No offence to you but this is what they deserve due to the way they treat people and are pure conartists. I had the same thing happen to me last year from there and we took them to court because of it. I had to have one of their stock dresses (also size 8) and made to fit because of their cockups and failure to order my dress and contact me to say there were problems. This was 5 weeks before I found out. Then they had the cheek to charge me for the alterations.

I would try and contact your designers to see if they are able to help at all. They might be able to tell you some local stockests of your dresses.

I feel so sorry for everyone that has suffered because of this company and wish you all the best of luck with your weddings.

“omg - what a mess Brides of Ashford have left everyone...”

Written on: 21/05/2011

omg - what a mess Brides of Ashford have left everyone in. good luck everyone hope you get some justice. They are not going under the same name - surprise surprise… Read Full Review

“For anyone interested ITV Meridian were outside the...”

Written on: 20/05/2011

For anyone interested ITV Meridian were outside the shop today filming for tomorrows news (21/05/11) I can confirm most of the stock from inside the shop has been taken along with the furniture and mirrors.

Having had my own experiences with them they are nothing but crooks who think they are above the law. They even threatened their staff and treat everyone like mud. I felt so sorry for some of the girls working there because some of them were genuinely nice people.

Its such a wonder they… Read Full Review

“All the dresses are dirty we were pushed and pushed...”

Written on: 20/05/2011

All the dresses are dirty we were pushed and pushed into buying a package
but luckily we didn't succome to their undue pressure.

Felt like a boudoir with the painted gold furniture and red settees which made the whole experience suffocating.

Now learnt they have transferred all the gaudy settees mirrors etc to 51 High Street, Sittingbourne.

If you are one of the unlucky brides who paid for your gowns there I feel so sorry for you but at least you now have a chance to get hold of them… Read Full Review

“My fiancee, now wife, purchased a dress from Brides of...”

Written on: 17/05/2011

My fiancee, now wife, purchased a dress from Brides of Ashford. They measured her but the dress supplied was much too big and had things like poor stitching and embellishments not in line, so we asked for a refund but were refused. (Although they state they have a 'no refund policy' it seems that legally they should have!!!)
We have taken them to court and won. They did not pay so we have instructed bailiffs and are now awaiting the next step.

Written on: 26/05/2011

Hi
Could you tell me under what company name did you serve your court summons. Was it Brides of Ashford Ltd, or was the company under a different name.

“This is the worst shop in the world.the good reviews...”

Written on: 06/04/2011

This is the worst shop in the world.the good reviews are obviously written by the owners. We have waited ten months for wedding dress as with all reviews they fob you off with lie after lie.we also contacted the dress manufacturer only to find the dress had never been ordered. Currently taking them to court please don't shop here… Read Full Review

M1Ch3Ll3's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2011

Good for you taking them to court. We did the same and won all be it outside of court. They didnt supply any evidence that they would use in court so didnt stand a chance. Just make sure you keep records of everything ie phonecalls etc and you should be fine. Fingers cross you, that you win as well. This company need to be closed down

“brieds of ashford is a fab shop”

Written on: 02/04/2011

brieds of ashford is a fab shop… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/04/2012

Really? Come on!

“I will be totally honest. The dresses are amazing and...”

Written on: 05/03/2011

I will be totally honest. The dresses are amazing and the suites are lovely if you get them on time and are the correct ones. They will not call back in the first few times of calling but once you call them again and again they will then return your calls another time when they know you will not go away. Tasmine and Jade are the only helpful people in the shop and the only ones who know whats going on even thought the manager should know. Make sure if you go with brides of ashford that you take… Read Full Review

“I felt pushed into buying my wedding dress although it...”

Written on: 20/02/2011

I felt pushed into buying my wedding dress although it was lovely, the lady who altered it was rubbish!! They were extremely rude and didn't even bother to do it, so the top of my dress was too big and the girls in the shop were not bothered either, They completely mucked up with the suits too one didn't turn up then the wrong trousers were ordered. DO NOT go there at all if it wasn't for my mum sorting them out my wedding day could have ruined AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!… Read Full Review

“I dont post reviews, but I was so well treated by...”

Written on: 06/02/2011

I dont post reviews, but I was so well treated by Tamsin I want to tell everyone that the things on here are a load of rubbish! I bought my dress from here in January and was in the shop nearly all day. I tried on nearly every dress in the shop! and Tamsin was so helpful and helped me find the perfect dress. I was knackered by the end of the day and I think so was she! I can't beleive that people put bad things about this shop, they are so helpfull, go see yourself!!! The choice of dresses are… Read Full Review

Nikki B's Comment

Written on: 16/02/2011

I found this review not helpful because...it's saying that all the other reviews are wrong (or that people are Lying).
<br/>I am so pleased she had a positive experience and do hope she has taken the dress and ran. The member of staff mentione joined this shop after many other lovley helpful young girls had either left or where sacked, and yes she is very helpful and good at her job.
<br/>There is no doubt this shop has some amazing lovley dresses but in mine and both of my daughter's experience it is the customer service that lets it down. Broken promises and delays, constantly feeling you are being fobbed of and finally very disappointing Wedding Photo's.
<br/>It is when your wedding is approaching and your dress has still not arrived and you constantley told next week it makes what should be an exciting time into a very stressfull one.
<br/>You only get one chance at perfect wedding photo's you never get that day and those memories again. PS: have a lovley wedding.

Nikki B's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2011

O! dear if only people had listened to my previous rants about this shop - I am not normally vindictive but I wish I knew of a way this "Lady" could be stopped from ever doing this to any Bride or her family ever again.
<br/>She was Brides of Portsmouth - I think there was also another not sure of the name Now Brides of Ashford I will watch the reviews of Brides of Sittingbourne with interest and perhap's report them to Trading Standards Earlier to save future Brides of this experience.

Ducess's Comment

Written on: 19/05/2011

i wonder if the brides who have paid deposits and not seen their gowns feel the same, especially now the shop has shut and done a runner with deposits have a look at www.weddingsuncovered.co.uk

Jdodd08's Comment

Written on: 01/03/2011

I found this review very helpful because i know the shop would treat me if i went in there plus it is nice to know everyones opinion of the shop thanks :)

“Thanks Brides of Ashford for all your help with our...”

Written on: 29/12/2010

Thanks Brides of Ashford for all your help with our wedding dress. My husband was blown away when he saw me in my dress. We bought a stock dress from Brides of Ashford in October as we didn't have time to order a new one and having looked at shops in the area, the best selection was here. The staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable. I would defo recommend to anyone and the shop is beautiful… Read Full Review