Singer 2273 Reviews

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Singer 2273 - Ask a question now

“I decided to update my sewing machine after 35 years...”

Written on: 14/01/2011

I decided to update my sewing machine after 35 years using a Jones machine, so I ordered the Singer 2273. I wish I hadn't bothered The machine is flimsy plastic, the foot pedal so light that it was difficult to keep it from slipping away when pressure was applied to it. The horizontal spool holder is thin plastic which bends when used. This machine might sew on very thin fabrics but it certainly would not work on the chenille curtain I tried it on. Out came the old Jones machine & my curtain… Read Full Review

“I had a vintage Singer, but decided to get something...”

Written on: 21/03/2010

I had a vintage Singer, but decided to get something more powerful.
I chose Cooper sewing machines, http://www.sewingmachinediscount.co.uk/
I had never experienced a better customer service. They were great! In the middle of purchasing process I discovered terrible reviews about them, but it did not happen to me. All I know is that they are friendly and helpful people.
At first I bought Toyota RS2000, which I didn't like at all. So I exchanged it to Singer 2273, and fell in love with it.
It… Read Full Review

Nworthy's Comment

Written on: 17/08/2010

I too have now bought a Singer 2273. I learnt to use a sewing machine when I was little on my Mother's 1957 Elna (cost £100.00!). It sadly gave up the ghost this year, so decided to find something that could match it for ease of use and variety of stitches (I'll get back to you as to reliability in 53 years). Having borrowed a Toyota, this review was useful to compare user experiences.
<br/>My singer does everything virtually the same as the Elna, although I'm not mad on the horizontal spool pin, and has a foot peddle rather than a knee lever. I am so pleased with it!