Careington 500 Dental Plan www.1Dental.com Reviews - www.1dental.com

Careington 500 Dental Plan www.1Dental.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Careington 500 Dental Plan www.1Dental.com

Careington 500 Dental Plan www.1Dental.com

“Horrific Customer service!”

Written on: 20/03/2015 by O'Gradydt412 (1 review written)

I had this plan over the years & just renewed it last Summer. I never received an id card & needed that to go to a different dentist after having implants done. I got a terrible runaround, saying they couldn't find my name in their file, yet I used it earlier that month. Now, to date, since January 7th, I cannot get my card & I'm being billed monthly on Amex. Amex opened a claim for the card in January & they have not gotten a response yet either!!! total NG!… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/04/2015

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble receiving your cards. We would be glad to send you another set if you will just give us a call and verify your mailing address. Our phone number for the direct customer service line at 1Dental.com is 855-329-6305. Or, we can go ahead and cancel your plan out if you no longer want to be billed.

One of the best things about our plan is that you can use it and the dental office will just call us to verify using your last name and zip code as long as they are in the network.

Best Regards,
The 1Dental Team

“Be warned! ”

Written on: 06/03/2015 by raypal45 (1 review written)

This is NOT dental insurance. It is an arrangement for "discounted" services from a variety of dental companies. I was referred to Great Expressions in Cross Creek, Tampa. They then referred me to a colleague who was a periodontist in Wesley Chapel. I have had periodontal disease for the past 24 years and been treated by regular cleanings every three months and deep cleanings once every two to three years. The discounted cost of basic Xrays and cursory evaluation by the regular dentist was… Read Full Review

1Dentalcustomercare's Response to raypal45's Review

Written on: 09/04/2015

You're right, we do not offer dental insurance. Instead, our dental discount plans provide our members with savings up 60% off procedure prices at network dentists and periodontists. We'd be happy to help you find a new provider in your area. Please give us a call at 855-329-6305

“Skip Carrington ,500. in West Palm Beach, Fl”

Written on: 04/02/2015 by 231Goode (1 review written)

This is the first time Ive been compelled to write a negative review. Do yourself a favor and do NOT use this plan. I had a very bad experience with one of their dental providers about three months ago, filed a complaint with Carrington and have yet to receive any status of my complaint. And when I requested cancellation due ti my bad experience, they denied it due to the request being after the 45 day trial period. Ive used other dental plans in the past and have been satisfied for the most… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/02/2015

We screen and qualify the dentists on our lists to ensure our customers with quality providers, and so we are very sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience at that dentist. Please give our provider relations department a call and we will glady look into this provider again. We would also like to help you with your refund. Can you email me your contact infromation, so I can investigate this futher? Just send an email Attn: Jenn to us.

“Very Good Plan”

Written on: 13/11/2014 by Rayne249 (1 review written)

I looked at dental insurance they all want you to pay first then maybe do major work .The carrington 500 plan is plan for fee. I live in Florida and have no trouble finding a dentist . i just went to dentist today I need perodonic maintenance every 4 months I pay $65.00 I need a filling on back tooth $69.00. I think plan is good its finding a good dentist … Read Full Review

“Dentist from hell”

Written on: 29/10/2014 by wendykraft (1 review written)

The towncare dental dentist tortured me with five shots into an infected gum and gave me 2000mg of pencilin in which I was sick for a month, this dentist is a nightmare how could you recommend him in davis blvd naples flThis was the worst dentist I have ever experienced… Read Full Review

1Dentalcustomercare's Response to wendykraft's Review

Written on: 23/01/2015

I am very sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience at that dentist. We screen and qualify the dentists on our lists to insure our customers with quality providers. I have passed this on to our Quality Assurance/Provider Relations team to look into. We would also like to help you find a new dentist so you can continue receiving the discounts on your dental work. Please give our customer care team a call so we can help you out!
Customer Care Manager 1 Dental.com

“My wife and I saved a ton of money when we used this...”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by Jakobeu345 (1 review written)

My wife and I saved a ton of money when we used this plan for routine work and for major work… Read Full Review

“Its wonderful experience”

Written on: 08/06/2014 by BenjaminParker397 (1 review written)

"Just a quick note of thanks for my new smile! So many friends have said how well I look. Everything happened so quickly and my teeth look so fantastic now that I really can't believe how easy it seems it was for you to put things right. I really appreciate all of the aftercare your calls and your staff's friendliness made all the difference." … Read Full Review

“In central PA, hardly any dentists recognize the plan...”

Written on: 16/04/2014 by KaydenDixon177 (1 review written)

In central PA, hardly any dentists recognize the plan much less use it. If you have no insurance at all, many dentists will give you a discount which is less than what the plan "offers" if you can find a dentist who will honor it. When it really got bad was when I needed to find an endodontist and crown and bridge work (forget about implants). After I cancelled, the company continued charging my credit card. When I cancelled again, they refused to give a refund even for one month, after… Read Full Review

Stevebxl's Comment

Written on: 20/06/2014

You probably live in a very rural area right? Well, if a dentist is in a small town and doesn't have to compete for customers, there's no reason for him to offer his patients a discount. It's NOT Careington's fault - it's because of where you live. Not many providers in Alaska either. :)

Written on: 23/01/2015

Oh no! I am very sorry that happened. Our network has over 100,000 dental access points nation wide, but sometimes we simply just don't have dental offices near members. Please call us and we will get this taken care of immediately. We can issue a refund check for the months you were cancelled, but got charged anyway. If you email me, i'll investigate what happened.
Customer Care Manager 1 Dental.com

Stevebxl's Comment

Written on: 20/06/2014

“Providers are the issue, Not the plan”

Written on: 10/04/2014 by inciDentallyDigusted (1 review written)

If you go to the plans participating providers and you are fortunate enough to have great teeth and just need maintenance then it will work. However, it has been my experience that the providers tack on every single possible extra charge to an already exhorbant "Treatment plan" that they possibly could. After going to two different providers, I have been told I have periodontal disease bad enough to need root scaling. I just had this done about 1 year ago and the hygenist said I was back on for… Read Full Review

“Have Cancer/Will Not refund my $6.95. Move on folks!”

Written on: 10/02/2014 by DEBWILLIAMS1 (1 review written)

I called and told this company that i have cancer and no longer need this insurance/plan... They refused to give me this months money back. They are wrong and whomever wrote the 'policies' shall pay one day. You don't treat folks like this in a business. Todd is the one that took my call. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE RUDE AND RELENTLESS… Read Full Review

Stevebxl's Response to DEBWILLIAMS1's Review

Written on: 20/06/2014

OK. So did you call your auto insurance guy and ask for a refund for the month's you didn't have an accident? Really?

1Dentalcustomercare's Response to DEBWILLIAMS1's Review

Written on: 23/01/2015

I am so sorry to just now be hearing of your less-than-desirable experience with us. Please email me with your contact information I'll be happy to check into a refund for you.
Customer Care Manager

“I WAS REFUNDED EVERY PENNY! HERE IS HOW...”

Written on: 07/08/2013 by LIZMARIE0620 (1 review written)

Their representative on the phone wasn't very helpful in articulating how their coverage actually worked. I called the dental offices provided on Carrington's website and I must say the dental assistant/receptionist was very nice on the other end of the line until I mentioned my "Carington500 Plan". Her attitude completely changed, and said she would call me back with pricing but that they have a lot of problems with their pricing. I felt very uncomfortable, embarrassed and almost felt… Read Full Review

Eghill's Response to LIZMARIE0620's Review

Written on: 08/01/2014

Carington500 Plan is a rip off. The plan does not have any Doctors, a total ripoff

1Dentalcustomercare's Response to LIZMARIE0620's Review

Written on: 23/01/2015

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, and that we weren't able to help you out sooner. I would personally like to investigate why you weren't refunded your money back when you called Careington so that this doesn't happen again. Would you mind sending me your information via email, so I could look into this matter?
Customer Care Manager

“PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE REVIEW.”

Written on: 25/07/2013

The other reviews on here which are so positive regarding this dental plan MUST BE written by agents who are working for the 1Dental company offering the Careington 500 "dental discount plan." It's a huge joke played on the public seeking affordable dental care. That is the only possible scenario. Why? Because this is THE WORST program I've ever been talked into believing and paying for. I feel like a sucker, for sure. I should have listened to the numerous people who wrote honest reviews… Read Full Review

Loara71's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2013

thank you for your review. Do you know any great plan to get then? I am leaning towards Delta Dental Clear plan.

Written on: 23/01/2015

We are sorry to hear that you did not find success using your dental discount plan. We have over 9 million plan members nationwide that would suggest there are many people who have been, and continue, to be able to save 20-60% on their dental costs at over 100,000 dental access points.

Ubermao's Comment

Written on: 30/07/2014

Hey there, i signed up a week ago and did my research on people that took the plan before tho... i had known about it previously but only pulled the trigger on getting it when my DENTIST told me to get it ... since i had a $1500 treatment plan looking at me... it was going to cut it by atleast half.

As a freelancer in her mid 20's with NO health insurance this helped me out greatly.

I guess it different depending on where you are... NYC has alot of takers.

Debwilliams1's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2014

Worst company to get involved with. Agreed.

Sknuck's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2013

You say the plan is bad but don't say specifically why or what didn't work about the plan?

Written on: 13/11/2013

Hello there -

I will be more specific as to exactly what works and what does not work regarding this plan. Please read the following bulleted list:

WHAT WORKS ABOUT THE PLAN:
● They consistently withdraw money from my bank account each month, so it would seem that their billing department is functional.

● They do send you a lovely, albeit useless, plastic card in the mail. Perhaps a particularly creative person could make it useful... for breaking into homes? Scratching off lottery tickets?

WHAT DOES NOT WORK:
● The discount you would receive on your dental procedures is at the sole discretion of the desntist providing the services, whether they're listed on Careington's "group of dental providers" or not. You'll notice that they do mention this quite a bit in their fine print, while still reassuring you (misleading you to believe) that the dentists on this mystifying list of theirs have made some form of agreement with them to honor the discount to their cardholders. I live in Philadelphia, allowing me access to a great number of very modern dental professionals but, still, not a single dentist with whom I have spoken - of which their have been 12, taken directly from Careington's "list of providers" - NOT ONE, has agreed to accept this card to offer ANY discounted rate on ANY of their services.

Therefore, in short, what works? Nothing.

Of course, you're free to take whatever it is you feel is the appropriate course of action and give it a try yourself. Maybe, somehow, it will work for you. I am simply suggesting that you, please, take the advice of someone who has wasted hard-earned money on this and has tried exhaustively to make it work for them with no luck whatsoever and do not make the same mistake.

Thank you for writing. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Kelharv23's Comment

Written on: 10/01/2014

your experience sounds funny.. I had never heard of this plan until my wife had to get some dental work done yesterday. We are relocating from Australia to California and have yet to establish medical or dental insurance. Anyway the dentist we went to advertised on Pennysavers and their prices seemed very reasonable, so we made an appointment and arrived there on time. it was all very professional and the dentist was great! My wife told her our situation and she advised her to look into this "plan" she told her the costs of her treatment (remove a bridge and address some decay under it and then replace bridge, also possible root canal).
Well the cost was still quite reasonable compared to what we would pay in Australia but the costs for patients under the plan was around 50% less. I was very dubious, hence here I am trying to check them out. I really think it must be legit because why would my wife's dentist recommend it if they didn't accept it?? So anyways we joined last night just for 1 month and when she has had the work done we'll probably just cancel. But its only $7 monthly so well worth the potential savings, but there is a $20 startup fee. I still think its a great deal and almost too good to be true so my fingers ae crossed on this one a little.
But if what they say is right and they honour the prices they gave my wife I think its a great program but this is just my experience and its not over yet.
My wife's sister is in a plan called Aflac where you have to pay in full and then get a reimbursement. I wasn't keen on that one because it seems like a bit of a hassle and theres the potential you won't get what you expect back.
But good luck to anyone out there as its an expensive but necessary experience. I'll let you know how things go after she gets her work done.
K. Harvey
Tustin CA
(obviously I don't work for the company or dentists)

Thank you for writing!

In response to your message, I have to say that I feel there must be a fraction of truth to something they do or else I feel they would be shut down by now.

You may have gotten lucky and found the world's only dentist who actually does work with them :P

Honestly, I do wish you the best and will be very happy for you if it works! Please keep us updated.

Kelharv23's Comment

Written on: 11/01/2014

Thanks for your well wishes, my wife made her appointment for next week today. I really hope it works out well because I need 3 CROWNS!! plus other work which I have been putting off as it would have cost me over $7K in Aussie, but I'll wait and see how it works out for her before I sign up.

I will keep you posted.

K Harvey

Scrubs8's Comment

Written on: 11/01/2014

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Lots of people need to be educated about garbage like this on the internet.

Just because something like this is "allowed" to exist, doesn't mean it is functional / useful.

Thank you!

Gjames5456's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your honest review. I almost pulled out my debit card to purchase this plan out of desperation. I will continue my search for affordable dental care that I can trust.

Written on: 10/01/2014

It was my pleasure. I am glad I was able to help steer you away from making the same mistake that I made!

Were you able to find anything that worked for you?

Hannah561's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2015

I almost purchased this as well but now i will wait and ask my dentist first.. thanks for the heads up