Alice in Wonderland (2010) Reviews

Alice in Wonderland (2010) - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“loved it”

Written on: 14/01/2013 by katiekatjas (11 reviews written)

When I was a kid I used to have an alice in wonderland book, I would sit reading it and looking at the pictures for hours. I never quite thought the animations in the book or film version grasped the darkness of the story. I really liked the tim burton version and we have to remember its a follow on from the original, not the original. I did think my 8 year old daughter might be a bit scared of it so was weary to let her watch it, infact she loved it. I think Johnny Depp is one of the best… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, was, well, pretty...”

Written on: 29/03/2010 by Taylott (173 reviews written)

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, was, well, pretty good actually. I wasn't sure what to expect, and can only vaguely remember the story from the original book, but all in all, an enjoyable watch.

A typical Burton movie, with a few edgy dark undertones running throughout. The Mad Hatter for me, played by Johnny Depp proved to be my favourite character, although getting a little creepy at times. The red queen played by Helena Bonham Carter came a close second!

This movie is very colourful… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“Kind of weird and whacky this film - as you'd expect I...”

Written on: 26/03/2010 by glenc (307 reviews written)

Kind of weird and whacky this film - as you'd expect I guess from Tim Burton - but actually surprisingly enjoyable.

I hadn't read huge amounts about it before I went, but I'm not a massive Tim Burton fan so wasn't expecting that much, but I was pleasantly surprised.

It appears to have absolutely nothing to do with Alice in Wonderland, other than the fact that the characters are the same, but as a standalone film (ie forget the original) its a pretty good watch.

Some of the characters are… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“Wow, what an incredible film if not purely for the...”

Written on: 15/03/2010 by jessica87 (22 reviews written)

Wow, what an incredible film if not purely for the visual effects and atmosphere. No doubt, the storyline itself was slightly lacking - by the end I did feel there was something missing. The 'climax' of the film is short lived and leaves a sort of emptiness.
But Tim Burton has done wonders with the usual lineup of actors including Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. It's wonderfully light entertainment and will certainly leave you wanting more. Lets hope Alice returns to Wonderland one… Read Full Review