Alice in Wonderland (2010) Reviews

Alice in Wonderland (2010) - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“loved it”

Written on: 14/01/2013 by katiekatjas (11 reviews written)

When I was a kid I used to have an alice in wonderland book, I would sit reading it and looking at the pictures for hours. I never quite thought the animations in the book or film version grasped the darkness of the story. I really liked the tim burton version and we have to remember its a follow on from the original, not the original. I did think my 8 year old daughter might be a bit scared of it so was weary to let her watch it, infact she loved it. I think Johnny Depp is one of the best… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“I would only recommend my friends to watch it when it...”

Written on: 23/04/2010 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

I would only recommend my friends to watch it when it comes out on Blu-ray or if they can get tickets cheap (Orange Wednesday perhaps). I am not a huge fan of Tim Burton as I feel he churns out the same oddity in each of his films, crazy curly trees, same old music from Danny "hah hah" Elfman and predictably starring Johnny Depp and his wife, Helena Bonham Carter. Enough already.

So onto the film itself. Alice in Wonderland looks good, the 3D is pretty but not as stunning as Avatar and the… Read Full Review

“Very poor ”

Written on: 22/04/2010 by jdqueen (1 review written)

Very poor
I anticipated to watch this for ages
Just didnt make any sense.
Dont watch it… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“I have mixed feelings about this film. The plot has...”

Written on: 11/04/2010 by duncanFrance (9 reviews written)

I have mixed feelings about this film. The plot has nothing at all to do with the original Alice in Wonderland books and is frankly a bit thin. Although the individual performances were actually pretty good, the lack of a decent storyline meant that they didn't work together.

There is obviously a fair amount of weirdness in the film and it is surprisingly scary in places so don't take young kids to it.

Overall it is an interesting exercise in 3D effects, but not really much more than that… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to duncanFrance's Review

Written on: 04/08/2011

Yo, good loikon out! Gonna make it work now.

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“I think it was boring really because i thought it was...”

Written on: 09/04/2010 by Nishaa2000 (1 review written)

I think it was boring really because i thought it was just the same as the old one so really its the same film but bit diffrent.I think if you want a DVD of it think againg because you will notice that it is just the same!

Just a waste of money!!!!!

SO DON`T BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, was, well, pretty...”

Written on: 29/03/2010 by Taylott (173 reviews written)

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, was, well, pretty good actually. I wasn't sure what to expect, and can only vaguely remember the story from the original book, but all in all, an enjoyable watch.

A typical Burton movie, with a few edgy dark undertones running throughout. The Mad Hatter for me, played by Johnny Depp proved to be my favourite character, although getting a little creepy at times. The red queen played by Helena Bonham Carter came a close second!

This movie is very colourful… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“my recient trip to see the new version of alice in...”

Written on: 27/03/2010 by tambobalina1 (2 reviews written)

my recient trip to see the new version of alice in wonderland wasnt as good as i thought it would be.
Tim Burtons remake of the childrens classic was dark with the use of deep bold colours.
Tim has used some top of the range actors and actresses, but unfortunately i dont think he has used them to there full capability.
main character Jonny Depp play's mad hatter, this charactor is not one of the best picked for him as jonny has a string of good charactors in his portfolio, some parts of the… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“Kind of weird and whacky this film - as you'd expect I...”

Written on: 26/03/2010 by glenc (305 reviews written)

Kind of weird and whacky this film - as you'd expect I guess from Tim Burton - but actually surprisingly enjoyable.

I hadn't read huge amounts about it before I went, but I'm not a massive Tim Burton fan so wasn't expecting that much, but I was pleasantly surprised.

It appears to have absolutely nothing to do with Alice in Wonderland, other than the fact that the characters are the same, but as a standalone film (ie forget the original) its a pretty good watch.

Some of the characters are… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“i took 2 5 year olds to see this film. we had to leave...”

Written on: 22/03/2010

i took 2 5 year olds to see this film. we had to leave half way through because they were scared! not suitable for young children, maybe for 8s and over. great special effects. a real must see, but not for children!… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“Wow, what an incredible film if not purely for the...”

Written on: 15/03/2010 by jessica87 (22 reviews written)

Wow, what an incredible film if not purely for the visual effects and atmosphere. No doubt, the storyline itself was slightly lacking - by the end I did feel there was something missing. The 'climax' of the film is short lived and leaves a sort of emptiness.
But Tim Burton has done wonders with the usual lineup of actors including Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. It's wonderfully light entertainment and will certainly leave you wanting more. Lets hope Alice returns to Wonderland one… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“I was realy excited bout this one! But deffinetly...”

Written on: 13/03/2010 by gurujosh76 (3 reviews written)

I was realy excited bout this one! But deffinetly dissapointed. It might hav been better if was on shrooms! How many accents did depp have! He even did his jack sparrow voice at one point! WTF! And WTF with the break dancing and spinning head at the end! Creepy and akward! I thought the movie was gna end with a singing number! Lol.That wouldv been awful. It was just huge mesh of a story! And mess! But looked kinda cool… Read Full Review

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

“My Wife & I watched the SKY/3D Regional private...”

Written on: 26/02/2010

My Wife & I watched the SKY/3D Regional private 'Premiere' screening last night of Disney's 'Alice in Wonderland' at the Xscape Cinema Complex in Milton Keynes.
Whilst the story telling / characters & costumes made for an enchanting evening do not expect to be 'blown away' by the 3D visual effectiveness of this film. If you have already seen AVATAR in 3D you will immediately notice the relitavely poor 3D quality with insufficient attention paid by Disney to the details - these are the things… Read Full Review

Emanrodriguez's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2010

I couldn't agree more with this reviewer. I enjoyed avatar much much more. Although I really liked this film. It could have been as successful without the 3rd dimension.