Remeha Avanta Plus Reviews

Remeha Avanta Plus - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Remeha Avanta Plus

“Try This ”

Written on: 23/04/2014 by Mort56Owl (1 review written)

Had my boiler about 4 years , yes had the E5 problem a couple of times , each time the Engineer played around and got it going at a cost. The last one came and said all he,d done was switch off completely , top the water pressure up , switch back on and when the E5 shows press the R reset button. Ive now done this successfully 3 times after the E5 warning has shown. So "touch wood" Ive been ok since . Seems like the boiler needs to have the water pressure up at about 2 or 3 ? works for me… Read Full Review

“Nothing but trouble”

Written on: 10/02/2014

Had one of these when I moved in my current house. The temperature control device never worked properly , this in turn is connected to a further main controller which was again problematic. Replaced PCB twice and finally replaced the boiler ! Wouldn't touch one with a barge pole… Read Full Review

“remera boller problems ”

Written on: 04/01/2014

we had our fitted 4 years ago but the last year has been a nightmare with the e5 flashing at least twice a day ..our plumber changed the transformer that didn't work , the changing of the circuit board is apparently the only way to go I wsa quoted 190 pounds call out and 290 pounds for the part can remera get away with all this ???… Read Full Review

Johnjonjo's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2014

Did you know you have a 5 year parts warrantee on that boiler ! So you shouldn't be paying for parts !!!

“E5 errors”

Written on: 28/12/2013

Inherited one of these with a house purchase. Has been a nightmare from day 1 with E5 errors. Engineer is now at the stage of throwing parts at it to try and get it to work reliably for a while. To be honest i'd rather just junk it and fit something that's not going to have me stood shivering pressing the reset button trying to get it to fire… Read Full Review

“nearly free from e4 e5 nightmare 28c model”

Written on: 29/11/2013

this boiler has ruled my life and bank account since moving into this bungalow 18 months ago.Good performance when working but it keeps locking out showing e4 or e5 for no apparent reason,even after being serviced.It just refuses to reset until it decides to.Often a dozen attempts. In two weeks time I will take revenge by putting a hatchet through it after my plumber has removed it.Im going for a Worcester Bosch… Read Full Review

“Biggest waste of money”

Written on: 23/11/2013

One star is generous for this product. The boiler regularly breaks down, leaks water and is a complete disaster. My boiler is three years old and has already had parts replaced and repairs. I seriously doubt it will last much longer and I will have to replace it. One thing is for sure, I won't be buying another Remeha product again and wouldn't recommend anyone else does. Good points, it's nice to look at (and that is all you can do with it sometimes)!… Read Full Review

“Don't go there”

Written on: 15/09/2013

Remeha 28c fitted 4 years ago worst purchase ever wish we had gone for a Worcester after being repaired AGAIN 8months later E5 flashing again so look like more expense on repair or buy another boiler Maybe cheaper to buy again than keep wasting money on this heap of scrap metal… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/11/2013

If you had a decent engineer it would have been fixed the first time
e5 is a easy repair to rectify just most engineers are either unexperienced or unsure how to repair correctly

Hwbowden's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2013

E5 very easy fault to rectify, find an engineer who's read the book & has an analyser

“Wouldn't touch another Remeha with a barge pole”

Written on: 28/06/2013

We had the 35c fitted 5 years ago, and it has given us the worst 5 years of our lives. The boiler is extremely noisy when running hot water, and if someone is having a bath or shower you can't be in the same room as the boiler. We were told by local installer that it's because we live in a high water pressure area (4 Bars), but Heateam told us that the water pressure is not the problem as this boiler can work up to 10 bar. the installer fitted it according to the manufactures guide at the time… Read Full Review

Noisy hot water can usually be down to incorrect co2 on high fire
or fit a portable expansion or pressure reduction on mains yet again probably diagnosed by an inexperienced engineer
ive fitted and maintained hundreds and id say 95% of my customers still thank me fir maintaining and recommending their appliances
good luck if i was closer id fix it for you
Simon

Stu59's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2013

Thanks for your comments. As the boiler has been worked on by several engineers, all of who have adjusted the gas settings, I'm not sure that the CO2 levels would be incorrect. I'm not saying you're wrong but I would have hoped that between them they would have got it near to right. I would dearly love to have a pressure reduction valve fitted, but unfortunately we have recently fitted a new kitchen and the access to the main stopcock is through a small hole in the back of the sink unit and therefore we would need to a lot of damage to access the incoming main to fit a valve. I still don't get why I would need one if other people around here don't. I wish you were closer as I would love you to have a look as you sound like you have a good relationship with your customers. Thanks again for your comments. Regards

Written on: 05/11/2013

Yes i agree you would think that many engineers would be right
so really its mechanical so not a lot in there that can be noisy so maybe mains pressure, you could maybe fit one just on boiler incoming mains but i guess it may be access again
they aren't expensive a caleffi valve 35-40 inc vat maybe worth a go
good luck

“Don't pick this boiler.”

Written on: 11/04/2013 by coldremehaboilerowner (1 review written)

We had this boiler fitted as our installer recommended it in late 2007. It gave trouble in it's first year ,the now imfamous e5 and e4 fault. It has alway been unpredictable and inclined to stop working for no good reason, usually when we go on a winter holiday. Now it is older it constantly switches off showing the e5, e4 fault code. We have had many repair call outs and a lot of aggravation and a very cold house. Rameha Uk we found difficult to contact and not much use when we finally make… Read Full Review

Siwilkie's Response to coldremehaboilerowner's Review

Written on: 01/11/2013

Remeha like mist manufactures are slow you are better off using a master tech someone qualified to repair and maintain outside baxi group the e4/e5 related issues are easy rectified at minimal costs
and once fixed selden return
im always recommended in such a job but i think geographical issues mean in only available fir advise
Simon inhomeservices Ossett

“Worst boiler, so unreliable”

Written on: 04/04/2013 by Jennydrake18 (1 review written)

I like the look of the boiler but that is about all. It's very unreliable and is continually breaking down with an Error 5 problem, despite parts being changed. The boiler is less than three years old and is a complete disaster. You don't want a boiler that breaks done regularly and sometimes day after day, despite being assured by the engineer that it is 'fixed'. I do not have any confidence in the boiler and should never have agreed to purchase this make and model. If I could have… Read Full Review

Dbbbbb's Response to Jennydrake18's Review

Written on: 09/04/2013

Agreed. We have an Avanta Plus - it's an absolute heap.. Customer service is abysmal too. Have spent a fortune on repairs - right now it is turning itself on and off despite the wireless thermo being switched off. All the radiators are blazing whereas six weeks ago the boiler refused to work. As I say, singularly the biggest pile of **** I have ever wasted money on.

Remeharevolt's Response to Jennydrake18's Review

Written on: 14/05/2013

We had an Avanti 35c installed 5 years ago. First two years no problem. Last three a catalogue of failures, flummoxed plumbers, unnecessary new parts and considerable expense and inconvenience all of which has failed to cure the recurring E4 and E5 failures. I discovered in my internet search for a solution that Broag, the makers, offered plumbers/installers some very attractive incentives to fit these boilers. Incentives such as family holidays etc. Little wonder so many of us mugs ended up with these quite useless boilers. Broag's incentives to plumbers is all the more galling when you consider how badly they treat us, the people who pay!!!

“Remeha Avanta 35C”

Written on: 11/03/2013 by ronthebodge (2 reviews written)

We had this boiler fitted in August 2011 on the recommendation of our Corgi registered installer ( not British Gas ), who told us this Remeha boiler was a better bet than the Worcester boiler we wanted, as it had a five year warranty and Worcester only gave two, All of our gas and electrical products are covered by a British Gas yearly contract so we had that peace of mind, the first winter the boiler failed to work, the british gas fitter on inspection found the main sealing ring inside had… Read Full Review

“Good choice or just lucky”

Written on: 17/02/2013

Had this Boiler going for 3 Years now with no problems, replaced an old Solid Fuel System, using the existing Pipework ( New Radiators, valves and thermostats ). The Boiler and System have been great and obviously, considerably cheaper than the old System. A local Qualified Heating Engineer ( with His own Business ), installed the System and has come back each Year; to check things over and Service the Boiler. I have read good and Bad reviews on this Boiler, as I have with just about every… Read Full Review

“Damn the E5 error....”

Written on: 15/02/2013

We have had a Remaha Avanta Plus for 4 years. For the first 2 years it was great and yes it does supply lovely hot water and a good pressure but then that is what i would expect out of a 2,000 boiler. The last 2 years however have seen us plagued with the dreaded E5 and E4 errors. We have had new probes but they don't solve the issue for long and numbers checks on co2 mix and flow and what not. We are now about to get a new PCB as Remaha say that is the only thing left to try, but at £200+… Read Full Review

Jennydrake18's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2013

I too have had Error 5 problems for the last year or so. boiler is less than three years old. Had to call out engineer three times this year so far. this week alone I have come home from work to a freezing cold house every day because of E5. Have just just called Heat Team again and they can't come to 'fix' it until the end of next week. I would never recommend these boilers as I think this has been one of my worst purchases ever. I seriously think that the 5 year warranty will outlive the wretched boiler.

Bacst's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2014

I generally replace the spark generator & ignition probes if a simple clean & reset of the spark gap on the probes doesn`t do the trick.

“Remeha - only as good as the Engineer who services it!”

Written on: 14/02/2013 by Chei (6 reviews written)

My Remeha Avanta Plus 28c was installed in 2006. It is a quiet, compact boiler. The boiler was installed over six years ago,but I have recently experienced problems! I had to call Heateam out to rectify the problem. The heat exchanger needed replacing. I have the boiler serviced annually by the company who fitted my boiler and central heating system, and I feel this is the fault of the Service Engineer who I use annually. I feel they did not diagnose a leak, which had been happening for some… Read Full Review

“Remeha 39c combi boiler nightmare”

Written on: 08/02/2013

Plumber recommended this boiler said he had fitted over 50 of them without any major problem. Worked ok for just one week then needed a new PCB board worked ok for another week and guess what again needs a new pcb WTF?? Works ok for 2 week then needs a pump, it's been running ok now for 3 months but have to reset sometimes. Wish I had just got my 6 year old chaffoteaux boiler repaired all it needed was a fan!… Read Full Review

“not impressed”

Written on: 12/12/2012 by brian41 (1 review written)

I oversaw installation of boiler for my stepson, by a competent gas ftter not too long ago .(rented property) It recently leaked which was due to two simple `O` rings that had perished .I am now informed this has led to the breakdown of the heat exchanger ( over £400 plus) I dread to think of the final bill, what design of boiler relies on two 10p rubber rings from such dire cosequences?, It ran okay in operation, but boilers always break down in zero temps.mid winter don`t they ?… Read Full Review

“Remeha Avanta 28 totally unreliable”

Written on: 09/12/2012

Remeha Avanta 28 installed in 2009. Since that time every part inside except the combustion chamber has been replaced under warranty. As expected, we are now on the third winter of parts replacement - first was a leaking gas valve which caused the boiler to be condemned for 3 days, and since being repaired on Friday, there is now a failed diverted valve (3rd time it has failed). The failure of this boiler has cost me 2 tenants and the manufacturer won't replace it until they can't fix… Read Full Review

“Avanta Plus 28C”

Written on: 05/11/2012 by Bungle666 (1 review written)

Installed 6 weeks ago by my local heating man on his recommendation! Very nice quiet operation, SUPER hot rads and baking hot water delivered at full mains pressure! I have a Salus RF controller and the whole lot works perfectly! The old glo-worm boiler we had was fairly small but the Avanta fitted right into the tiny gap with no problems, and looks sleek and modern sat in the kitchen. Overall, im over the moon with it!… Read Full Review

“Dreadful boiler. Avoid at all costs!!!”

Written on: 25/10/2012 by TyburnField (1 review written)

Boiler has multiple problems, pressure gauge swinging about accompanied by loud banging noise whe running hot water generaly leading to error mode and resetting. Slow or non reaction to controls,running on for up to 30 minutes and then having to turn off power supply to stop. Boiler not firing up, many other problems almost to many to write about. The latest thing to happen on top of the aforemention is that a leak has developed. For six months nothing but problems after problems that probably… Read Full Review

Bungle666's Response to TyburnField's Review

Written on: 05/11/2012

Might i suggest that the installation, as opposed the boiler is at fault??

Tyburnfield's reply to Bungle666's Comment

Written on: 08/11/2012

No, not installation. Boiler did work O.K. then problem after problem. Installer/ Plumber has had a great number visits and contacted manufacturer from site. Boiler has been regularly serviced and maintained. Rehema wanted hundreds of pounds just to come and look at boiler. Problems started when two years old. Forget about the guarantee. Rehema have been no use in this. What a dreadful company!!!!

To1Smitd's Response to TyburnField's Review

Written on: 23/11/2012

Well i have to write on this comment as i am a engineer and i can see that the boiler is not at fault its the as all modern boilers now that are not powerflushed before installations are prone to blockages especially with your problems.

I have been fitting these boilers for 5 years and we as a company offer the extra 2 years of labour for warranty on these boilers as we have not been back to one of these boilers we fitted and have fitted over 100 easy.

I would recommend a powerflush on the boiler and system with fernox ds3 as this is the best and neutrilising crystals do not be fooled by the boiler being a problem because its not working the system plays a huge part in boiler problems

Tyburnfield's reply to To1Smitd's Comment

Written on: 18/01/2013

Thank you for your comment and advice, unfortunatly nothing seems to solve the problems with this boiler and will be replaced as soon as funds allow. Thank God the central heating side works fairly well but I have little confidence in it. Overall the boiler is becoming more unreliable. The manufacturers technical team have come up with a possible cause of the problem "It is sludged up". In fact the parts they refer to are in fact very clean.

Perhap I have been unlucky with this boiler but it still remains a fact that this particular one is a load of junk.

“Sub standard boiler not fit for purpose”

Written on: 23/09/2012 by Loftylad (1 review written)

I had a Remeha Avanta Plus 35c installed by a Corgi registered plumber on 05/02/09. I have had nothing but problems with this boiler since the day it was fitted. It has never held pressure correctly (for any amount of time) and has had leaks from the outside, the expansion vessel and most recently, the Heat Exchanger. Since having it installed, it “whistled” like a boiling kettle (when up to temperature). The advice given by Remeha's Technical Team was to slightly close some valves… Read Full Review

Anygreg's Response to Loftylad's Review

Written on: 14/11/2012

Very strange, i'm 3 years in without a problem. Did you use a Broag Installer??
Also fitted recommended one to my father in law to replace his 1970's glow worm boiler, his gas bill has halved, no problems what so ever, can only imaging your problems are down to installation/ or damaged goods. Broag have been doing this for 100 years!! great product,

Loftylad's reply to Anygreg's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2012

Why should I use a Broag installer?
And why should that make any difference?
I used a corgi/gas safe registered plumber who has fitted boilers all of his life with no (installation) issues.
Since writing my initial review, the piece of rubbish Broag/Remeha boiler has now started leaking and losing pressure AGAIN!
All the main parts of my boiler have all been replaced, and it is still useless.
I would swap this rubbish for ANY other make of boiler in a heartbeat if it were not so ridiculously expensive to do so.
Instead I have taken an additional boiler cover scheme to cover all future repairs (and there will be many, I am sure)
Broag/Remeha are a disgraceful company who take your hard earned cash and do not give a monkeys thereafter. Even speaking to their helpline [sic] or service requires you to use a premium rate telephone number.
I'm pleased you have had no issues with yours or your father-in-law's boiler because God help you when you do ('cause Remeha wont! - well, they will, but for a huge price)
I stand firmly by my original review.
BUYER BEWARE !

Anygreg's reply to Loftylad's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2012

Why should I use a Broag installer?

Both installs i had done were by Broag trained installers, and i have not had any problems

And why should that make any difference?

I have never had any problems?? I also had a fernox TF1 fitted which collected a lot of rubbish from the system, if this wasnt done it would of caused any boiler to malfunctions.

How many Broag Boilers has he fitted??

Just sounds really our of sorts, i have spoke to Broag a few times (once when we had the -20 degrees in winter and the drain pipe outlet froze and they were brilliant?)

But i suppose it goes on your own experience, and by the sound of it you got a Friday afternoon boiler!

After lots of research into changing my boiler it came down to either bosch or broag. hope i don't have to eat my words but, the house has never been so warm, my gas bills have dropped dramatically and the boiler is near silent and so far had no problems.

The model i have is the Broad Remha Avanta Plus 39c by the way.

Sorry you have had a bad experience, and am very surprised Broag are not helping or providing you with a solution.

Loftylad's reply to Anygreg's Comment

Written on: 20/11/2012

The plumber I used was NOT a Broag installer, nor had he fitted a Broag boiler before, but I still fail to see why this would be an issue?

If Broag boilers require special or Broag trained installers to fit their products, then they should make this very clear before you buy their products. As far as I'm aware, no other boiler manufacturer requires specifically trained engineers to fit their products. Sure, boilers will be slightly different in installation, but Its like servicing a car. A competent mechanic can service a Ford as easily as a Vauxhall.

I was in the same situation as you. I had narrowed my chioce down to Broag or Bosch. I went with the Broag after positive comments from friends I know in the trade who told me about how wonderful Broag commercial boilers are.
Broag are reasonably new to the domestic boiler market.
Having said that, we have two fairly new huge commercial Broags at work and they are constantly breaking down too.

To be fair, Broag's technical team ARE helpful ( I also had the freezing pipe issue last year), but I just want a product that does what it should do and not break down every couple of months. Also you have to 'phone them on a premium rate number. Most phone calls I make to them cost me around £6.00!

I have two young kids and being without heat (even for a couple of days) is no fun.

Funnily enough (or not!) the mechanical timer clock has stopped working on my boiler yesterday.

Time for ANOTHER visit from their engineer :-(

(Oh, and its still losing pressure, whistling like a kettle and struggling to provide red hot water)