Hypnia Memory Foam Mattress Reviews

Hypnia Memory Foam Mattress - Ask a question now

“fake waste of money”

Written on: 19/05/2014 by LandonChoate (1 review written)

I bought super king size 12 inch thick memory foam mattress and within 4 weeks all the memory foam was all peeling away and the the mattress wars not performing well at all leaving dips in the bed where you'd been asleep its fake memory foam doesn't work waste of money. I rang the manager so many times they refused to refund or take back the mattres or swap it! They just kept telling me to send emails of me putting something heavy on the bed did all that then they just keep telling me more… Read Full Review

Kingwhiskers's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2014

seems like there is a lot of fake Hypnia products on Amazon. I have been comparing the prices and it is looking like it is cheaper to buy direct from Hypnia.
At least if you are buying direct from Hypnia it can not be a fake product.

“Do not buy !!”

Written on: 28/11/2013

I ordered the Hypnia "premium" memory foam mattress using a voucher deal. £750 mattress for £180 ... bargain it is not ! The mattress that arrived did not in any way match the description of the product on their website and despite a week of emailing them, they refuse to sort this out, saying I have to pay for the return postage and lose 15% for the mattress disposal. The most shockingly bad customer service and in my view, not a professional company. Stay far far away !!… Read Full Review

“Hypnia memory foam mattress ”

Written on: 25/11/2013 by Horseman_22 (1 review written)

I bought a "great deal" on this hypnia mattress through amazon local.. On the day of delivery I was rather relieved as we had been sleeping on the sofa for over a week as my cat decided to use our old one as a toilet!!! We unwrapped the matress and notice a horrid yellow stain on the top corner of the mattress cover. I called hypnia to say I wasn't happy with this item as it has been delivered damaged/faulty. The manager there, refused to refund or replace unless I paid delivery costs to return… Read Full Review

“Hypnia Memory Foam Mattress”

Written on: 05/09/2013 by iceblue1981 (1 review written)

I was looking for a new mattress, I received an email informing me of offers on mattresses, I took a look great offers on amazon local. Just waiting on delivey. Would highly recommen :-D… Read Full Review

Dandannydandan's Response to iceblue1981's Review

Written on: 11/10/2013

surely you should review AFTER you'ev used the item for a while. This review has no value whatsoever.

Hereitis's Response to iceblue1981's Review

Written on: 15/11/2013

Are you serious? How can you recommend a product you haven't even received yet! You seem to have based your 5 star rating on it 'being a great offer'. Nice bit of in-house free advertising?? BEWARE these matresses, they are not fire resistant!!!

“Value for money”

Written on: 30/08/2013

The best mattress I have ever had . My children are over the moon with joy . These mattresses are very comfortable . I definately recommend to a friend .affordable material .Go for it people… Read Full Review

“I will NOT be paying for my mattress to be made FIRE SAFE!”

Written on: 04/04/2013

I have had several conversations with Trading Standards since receiving a letter in the post from an orderout ltd telling me the mattress I bought DOES NOT MEET UK LEGAL FIRE SAFETY requirements. The options? I should PAY myself to have the mattress shipped to orderout for treatment that the mattress to bring it up to the fire safety specification IT WAS LEGALLY REQUIRED TO MEET BEFORE BEING SOLD! Oh and the last piece of great advice is that I do not contact the retailer of the mattress who… Read Full Review

Stillalive's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2013

I wonder if people are aware that 'fire safe' doesn't mean it's safe for your health? Fire retardant chemicals are now known to be extremely toxic and carcinogenic. Some USA fire departments are now seeking for them to be banned as the health of firemen has been adversely affected. Please also bear in mind that 'fire retardant' doesn't mean it's not going to burn and when they do burn the toxic fumes incapacitate you a lot faster than normal smoke thereby making it less likely you'll escape the blaze. Also, the only likely way your bed would catch fire nowadays is if you are a smoker.

Nixx's Comment

Written on: 03/06/2013

I'm going to contact Trading Standards AND Watchdog... The company are a joke.

“Read this before reading the complaints.”

Written on: 03/04/2013 by scottmarshall88 (1 review written)

I really don't understand why some people are complaining about their mattress. Those people clearly didn't do their research because if they had, they wouldn't be whining about their purchase. As a consumer, it is your responsibility to do the research before you buy anything. Right... Firstly, to all the people talking about fire hazards; I haven't had a letter yet and if I do I don't think I will really care. Just do as they say, and don't smoke or have a naked flame in the room. Mine has… Read Full Review

Nixx's Response to scottmarshall88's Review

Written on: 05/06/2013

What if people can't afford the more expensive mattress? This is why they opt for the cheaper one.

Scottmarshall88's reply to Nixx's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2013

I afforded it and I'm unemployed so...

Marcvaliente25's Response to scottmarshall88's Review

Written on: 25/04/2014

Just read your comment and found it extremely helpful but I have a pair of questions if you can clarify me. I've been checking the Hypnia that you recommend and precisely they don't make that one on my size required (small double) so I have to move to another brand. I tried Kayflex in one random store over my district and I found it very comfy (the platinum one) but I'm not 100% sure about buy it cause I'm trying to find reviews online and I don't find any but it seems to be a proper english manufacturer. Do you know about this brand and model? It comes with 17.5cm of reflex foam on the base and 7.5cm of visco elastic memory foam (25 cm depth in total) with knitted quilted fabric, high density V60KG and guarantee of 5 years. I think it's the best one of their luxury range apart of the latex ones and quite affordable but I'm not sure now as you said that don't recommend the ones with the reflex foam on the base. What do you think? Could you please help me? I'm in the middle of a big dilema! Thanks a lot! Marc

Scottmarshall88's reply to Marcvaliente25's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2014

Hi Marc,

Firstly I am not familiar with Kaylex but always go with the specifications because that should tell you what the mattress will be like in terms of 'feel' and overall 'quality'.

Now obvisously there is no such thing as a perfect anything, so you're descision will be based on your needs.

How much are you willing to spend?
Companies of all shapes and sizes will try and charge you what they think you'll pay. Tempur, for example are probably the most reputable company which means that they are able to charge a premium because they know people are silly enough to pay that. Now Tempur are very good but when you can buy an 'ergoflex' which comes close to the same quality level then that puts it in perspective.

Do you prefer a soft, medium or firm feel?

Now this all depends on the density (the lower the density, the softer the feel and vise versa), however memory foam is a lot different to your standard stuffed mattress. To sum up, your stuffed mattress will have different spring tensions to adjust the firmness, whereas a memory foam matress will absorb your body weight and distribute it evenly therefore people who are used to a soft mattress will easily adjust to a high density (firm) memory foam mattress because even though it's firm, it's supporting your body. That is why I suggest getting the highest density value possible. It will also last longer than lower density mattresses.

Do you prefer a 'modern' foam base or a more traditional 'sprung' base?

The reason I suggest staying away from 'reflex' or just high density foam based mattresses is for one, they don't last nearly as long than a sprung mattress does because over time the foam base, just like the memory foam topping, looses its shape which results in a large 'dimple' within a few months of consecutive nights. Sprung mattresses don't have as much of a problem in this regard, as the springs last a long time and when the memory foam starts to flatten (after a year or two) you can just buy a topper and you don't have to buy a new mattress. You could always buy a pocket sprung mattress and just put a high density memory foam topper on it, but it could cost more than a memory foam pocket sprung mattress. p.s. just remember to look for pocket sprung in the specs as traditional sprung mattresses are made of one continuous wire and thus connected together, meaning that if you lie on the matress, the entirety of it will move with you. Now compare that to a pocket sprung mattress, where each spring is indvidually contained in its own 'pocket' (hence the name). This allows each spring to move individually which supports your body well. Another thing to look for is the number of springs. You should pick a pocket sprung mattress with at least 1000 springs. A rule of thumb being, the more the better.

I hope this helps in some way, but if you let me know the answers to my questions, I should be able to find some mattresses in your price range that should meet your needs.

Cheers

Scott

Jsyao77's reply to Scottmarshall88's Comment

Written on: 30/05/2014

Hi Scott,

Just thought I'd let you know that you have left a most excellent reply. Very well thought out as you've obviously done your research. I am trying to figure out whether to go for the Hypnia 5 zone, 7 zone or the 'budget' pocket sprung model. From what I can tell, all of the pocket sprung type mattresses overall have positive reviews from verified purchasers on Amazon, but what I was reading on this site was starting to put me off. After reading your review, I am sure now to just avoid altogether a 'foam only' mattress and go for a good pocket sprung model.

Now, if it turns out you work for Hypnia then I guess I'm really scr***d (JK).

Jess

Scottmarshall88's reply to Jsyao77's Comment

Written on: 31/05/2014

Hi Jess,

Thank you for your appreciation of my reply.

I feel rude not to reply, so I'll just advise you to go with either the 5 or 7 zone unless if you are on a budget, because the added 'zones' have firm or softer springs depending on the body part region they subside in (feet zone will have softer springs below it, whereas head zone will be firmer). I have had the 7 zone one for over a year now and I can't really fault it. It has barely sunk at all which is better than I expected.
I imagine the 5 zone variation will be almost the same although it has less springs. Now I know a lot of people say to have more than 1000 but I don't know how 870 (5 zone) relates or compares to 1326 (7 zone) so it all depends on what you're willing to spend.
Another pro that the 7 zone has over the 5 zone is that instead of 3 inches of memory foam, it has 2 inches with an inch of natural latex (which is like memory foam but is a natural-made foam made from tree sap instead of plastic. It also has better ventilation properties).

I hope this helps a bit.

p.s. I don't work for Hypnia, so don't worry :) ...just a guy who doesn't like to be ripped off if he can help it.

Scott

“Hypnia Memory Foam IS NOT FIRE SAFE!”

Written on: 26/03/2013

I purchased my Hypnia mattress in November after a friend bought one from a retailer Zleeps (I got mine from eBay). I was quite happy with it until I got this letter out of the blue: Dear Memory Foam Customer Unfortunately we have identified a recent batch of hypnia memory foam mattresses which do not meet the acceptable level of fire retardancy required to pass the BS 5852 test. This relates to the rate at which the foam filling burns when exposed to an open flame [or cigarettes - me]. Rest… Read Full Review

“Would you risk a mattress that doesn't meet a BS fire...”

Written on: 16/03/2013

Purchased two of these mattresses. Get a letter some months later stating that they do not meet the BS 5852 (naked flame) test. That means you would not be safe if a flame caught hold of the bed. Hypnia (who are the same company as the one organising the recall) couldn't have been more helpful. Only way to make fireproof is to send to Dorset at my own cost! Shocking. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID… Read Full Review

Markallan80's Comment

Written on: 26/03/2013

I have received the same letter and I am appalled. Luckily I bought my mattress on my credit card so I have contacted them and they will be issuing a chargeback to the retailer (which means a refund for me). I suggest you do the same.

“Hypnia Foam Mattress”

Written on: 05/03/2013 by fatboyohare (1 review written)

We brougt are mattress from sleeptight who offer a 10year warrenty?thing is the mattress went soft after 9 months and the warrenty covers basically nothing,everything is at your cost even the replacement delivery cost if they find a problem????they asked me to put a pot of paint on the mattress and send the photo's,how that represents a human body I will never know. Stick to a sprung mattress memory foam WILL NOT LAST and they go SOFT… Read Full Review

“MATTRESS IS A FIRE HAZZARD”

Written on: 28/02/2013 by Honesty321 (1 review written)

I have recently received a letter from sleep tight memory foam /hypnia telling me my hypnia mattress has failed to meet the required level of fire retardancy to pas BS 5852 test.They state in the letter I have to return the mattress to Dorset at MY OWN COST for the mattress to be treated with a fire retarder .lol .I have been in touch with the company and they are not willing to foot the cost for delivery which legally they are bound to.Their customer service advisers including a supervisor… Read Full Review

“Great Value”

Written on: 07/02/2013 by larebz (2 reviews written)

Bought the 8" Memory/Reflex foam mattress and all i can say is wow. Having slept on spring mattresses all my life it does take a couple of days getting used to but once you are then you're out like a light straight away! The cover they provide is lovely and soft and easily washable too. Would just like to say as well that i know people say about the smell which i can understand but it does go away after a while, just give it time and plenty of airing the room for the first few weeks. Also on… Read Full Review

“Poor after sales service,sold by Amazon”

Written on: 22/01/2013 by Badback65 (1 review written)

I purchased the King Size Hypnia 10 inch deep mattress from Amazon. Initially I was very happy with the mattress ,but when I removed the mattress cover to wash it,with the help of my brother, When's we attempted to put the cover back on,the teeth in the zipper snapped off.It was laid out flat and no excess force was applied.I contacted Amazon,only to be told the cover is not under warranty! As it came free with the mattress. This is the worst excuse I have ever heard from such a huge retailer… Read Full Review

“Have now been the owner of one of your mattresses for...”

Written on: 18/01/2013

Have now been the owner of one of your mattresses for just over two weeks and just wanted to say what excellent value they are for the money i tend to ache a lot when sleeping and have found this has been reduced considerably and have found i tend to sleep a little longer also… Read Full Review

“Hypnia Kingsize Memory Mattress (It Smells Very Badly)”

Written on: 18/01/2013 by petbicknell (1 review written)

Caveat Emptor "Let the buyer beware". To help any new purchaser, I have decided to include here full email communication between myself and Hypnia, regarding my purchase of Hypnia memory foam from ebay. You read through then make your mind up. Good Morning, Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear that the smell has not dissipated. What we would suggest is to send you a product called 'Borax', this is a disinfectant and deodorizer. This is a natural product and does help clean/freshen… Read Full Review

Raj9675's Response to petbicknell's Review

Written on: 28/01/2013

Wow, Thanks for that. I almost bought three of these. What terrible customer service. They are telling you to hang on for 14 days for the smell toy disappear (before sending you some kind of solution) but by then your refund window time has elapsed.

Clearly this mattress you've received is faulty. Mattresses should not smell. Why would anybody want a mattress that smells. They should be footing the returns cost and also issue a full refund.

If you've paid by creditcard, you can ask them to issue a dispute against the seller.

Nixx's Response to petbicknell's Review

Written on: 03/06/2013

I'm battling with them now :( The smell gives me a headache and the cheap foam is so soft I end up sinking through to the base of my bed whilst sleeping, resulting in much pain.
One for Trading Standards and Watchdog I feel.

Shoutyman's reply to Nixx's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2013

did you buy a premium mattress from amazon local, if so what was the code on the box

Dean.pye1's Response to petbicknell's Review

Written on: 22/02/2013

(Name removed) behavior was incredibly poor and very much seems to be responsible for the breakdown of communication in these exchanges. His review should be taken with a pinch of salt. Few companies would respond as civilly as this one did when faced with such correspondence clearly designed to antagonize and intimidate. There is no evidence he did anything to help resolve the situation or read the terms and conditions.

Blooman's Response to petbicknell's Review

Written on: 03/02/2013

I was interested in one of these mattresses - bt with that customer support I will give them a swerve. Thanks.

“Worst customer service experience ever!”

Written on: 15/01/2013 by StephanieW31 (1 review written)

I placed my order via a voucher through KGB, which was a fantastic offer. Too good to be true some might say, well, it was! Hypnia use a delivery company called Yodel (who themselves shouldn't be able to trade!) Yodel managed to deliver my mattress to the wrong address & then blame us for it! Even though my husband had rescheduled the delivery for the following day, for which he received confirmation from Yodel. IT WAS STILL DELIVERED TO THE WRONG PROPERTY ON THE WRONG DAY! And the courier… Read Full Review

“A bed fit for a Princess.”

Written on: 23/10/2012 by ScandinavianPrincess (1 review written)

My new memory foam mattress is that comfortable, I'm thinking about adopting it and making it part of the family! My husband doesn't share my views on adoption but does think that the mattress is very good and he actually managed to sleep through the night without waking up :) and being the man my husband is, he is now looking to getting everything for it and buying the topper and the pillows, luckily Hypnia has great value for money and we won't be forking out an arm and a leg to complete our… Read Full Review

“sleep on the floor its softer”

Written on: 11/10/2012

We bought a Hypnia 10" Single Memory Foam Mattress for our student daughter to come home to, she had tried numerous examples at various shops and liked the idea. turned out to be the hardest, most uncomfortable any of us has experienced. tried to return having tried it for a few nights but unsuccessful as outside returns period despite explaining daughter away at uni and used only on return for weekend visit. The mattress is described as being on the softer end of the firmness scale but is… Read Full Review

“More comfortable than sprung!.”

Written on: 10/10/2012 by canw (1 review written)

Purchased a Hypnia 12" king size memory foam mattress almost 3 years ago,and what a difference from sprung!. We find it extremely comfortable & has never let us down. The only down side was that my wife's snoring got a lot worse within a few days of use, maybe just a coincidence?, who knows!… Read Full Review

“I love it!”

Written on: 10/09/2012

I tried the mattresses that cost over a housand pounds but I could not take the leap of faith. I discovered Hypnia that was 90% cheaper yet near the same performance. I've had my deep mattress now for six months and sleeping is so much better than before. I no longer suffer from aches and pains and I'm cheerful in the mornings. You have to get used to the fact you don't roll around anymore, but lift and roll to kiss your partner good night. Buying sheets is a problem, there dosnt seem any… Read Full Review