UK Computers Reviews - www.uk-computers.co.uk

UK Computers www.uk-computers.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Fast shipping of Hard to find electronic parts.”

Written on: 18/03/2014 by sparkyuiop (7 reviews written)

I was very impressed with this company that I found through Google while searching a Sony component part number. The part was going to have to be shipped from overseas so I expected a long wait. However to my surprise it arrived in around one week! I was also provided with a tracking number that actually worked, as often they seem to be pretty useless from overseas and all for the sum of around £8.00GBP! Excluding part cost of course which was actually a bit cheaper than the other two… Read Full Review

“Misleading pricing”

Written on: 10/05/2013

Google shopping price does not make clear that VAT is not added… Read Full Review

“payment option limited on website- no paypal”

Written on: 18/10/2012

My experience wasn't great because the website didn't offer my preferred payment option - paypal. Will have to look for a website that accepts paypal. The reason I would not recommend to a friend is because all my friends use paypal to shop online… Read Full Review

Mcscotty's Comment

Written on: 05/04/2014

You give important consumer rights by using PayPal.

Written on: 26/06/2014

We may provide Paypal at a later date but please bear in mind paypal charge an extortionate 3-4% in fees so this would mean we would have to put our prices up.

Regards
Angus
Director.

“Underhand Pricing”

Written on: 20/06/2012

Google shopping lists price including VAT, making UK Computers appear cheaper, but clicking through to the website shows that the quoted price is actually excluding VAT. Waste of time and dishonest. Google should check up on these things… Read Full Review

“Misleading Prices”

Written on: 31/05/2012

They quote the price less VAT so when you get to the checkout you find it is much more expensive than you are led to believe. Seems underhand to me. They do this to appear cheaper than rival outfits on price comparison sites. Beware… Read Full Review

“Excellent Service and price”

Written on: 17/04/2012

I had a qestion about the item i wanted. They gave me great help and customer service, I got exactly what i wanted at a great price (could'nt find anywhere cheaper including ebay)with very fast delivery… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/05/2012

Dont ever use UK-computers. I purchased something that turnd out to be not what I wanted (this was after I had to chase it up sevral times as it didn't arive for weks). I emailed and called them about returning it and they never responded to me. They refuse to take a return unless they have given you a reference and they refuse to give to a reference. I returned the item anyway so they couldn't use the time dealine trick but they just sent the item back to me with no explanation, cover note or anything. Really poor service, bunch of crooks.

“Misleading Description, Arrogant Attitude, Avoid”

Written on: 18/10/2011 by markymarkmark (9 reviews written)

There are better online computer wholesalers. Dabs, Medion, Ebuyer etc. When I read a product headline that says 'Win XP Pro Licence and Media' I believe that that is what I'm buying. The fact that it says at the bottom of the page in small print that this product is for authorised refurbishers does not mean that I understand that in fact the product does NOT ACTUALLY include a licence and is not even intended for RETAIL CONSUMERS. To cut a long story short; uk-computers refused to accept a… Read Full Review

Kwe1's Response to markymarkmark's Review

Written on: 18/10/2012

I totally agree with you.

The tone of email i got back asking for paypal to be added to website was arrogant.

It says I will HAVE TO use their payment option.

“Great customer service - makes a nice change.”

Written on: 17/07/2011 by devilkane (1 review written)

Great customer service - makes a nice change… Read Full Review

“called in and was told item is in stock, ordered the...”

Written on: 28/02/2011

called in and was told item is in stock, ordered the next day, wasn't contacted for week, finally was told that I have to wait three weeks more!
won't do business anymore
plus website kept crashing all the time

“Ordered a Lenovo laptop from their website which said...”

Written on: 04/02/2011

Ordered a Lenovo laptop from their website which said they had plenty in stock. Got a call the following day brusquely saying that it was not in stock and asking if I'd checked the stock level on the website before ordering. They then tried to sell me a more expensive, yet lower spec laptop!

I would not recommend their service, very disappointed!!… Read Full Review

“Presently quite upset. I spoke to them yesterday who...”

Written on: 20/01/2011

Presently quite upset. I spoke to them yesterday who promised that my order (Asus Xonar D1 Soundcard) would be with me today. I originally ordered this product from another supplier on Monday and assured a Tue delivery. By Wednesday I was getting concerned as no delivery had arrived so contacted them and was guaranteed product by thur. Half hour later I got an email explaining they were out of stock (even tho they had debited my account) and not sure when replacement would be available. So when… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/02/2011

Yes we did let this customer down with his delivery because unknown to us our distributors xml link was corrupted so his order hadn't actually shipped out last week which caused us problems with some customer orders. The problem has been rectified and this customers item was eventualy delivered and we are now collecting the item from him and he will be credited in full.

“I bought my Asus laptop from UK-Computers because they...”

Written on: 11/01/2011

I bought my Asus laptop from UK-Computers because they had the cheapest prices on the spec I was interested in. I called them to check if stock was available for next day delivery, and the customer service was second to none. I was speaking to a human being straight away, and they provided informative and accurate advice, and told me stock was available. The next day it arrived, no problem! I would recommend to anyone. Thanks UK-Computers!… Read Full Review

“Terrible, rude customer service. The company...”

Written on: 07/01/2011 by ledders (1 review written)

Terrible, rude customer service. The company effectively blamed me for a problem with the delivery company. After spending days trying to track the parcel myself I informed, very politely, this company that I could not trace the parcel only to be advised that they had received the parcel back. They refused point blank to do any further business with me. Their tone of correspondence was curt and offensive… Read Full Review

Ukcomputerscouk's Response to ledders's Review

Written on: 07/01/2011

Our courier company made two attempts of delivery and left two calling cards yet the customer did not get in touch to arrange collection or re delivery so the goods were eventually returned to us by the courier. Also customer said they had gone away after ordering their goods? Despite this debacle costing us £25 in courier fees, the customers card was refunded in full but we refused to send the goods out again due to experience with this customer.

Written on: 26/04/2012

I also shall not be purchasing anything from this company! I do not like that way they have dealt with this customer and I really dont like their website. Very shoddy all round! I shall take my £1000 elsewhere!

Written on: 18/08/2011

I was minutes away from buying a netbook as it was 12 pounds cheaper. I read the childish and amateur response to this customer's legitimate issue and now I'm buying from a professional company. I can't believe they put this in a public thread for potential customers to see.

Written on: 30/07/2011

Wow, the replies from ukcomputerscouk on this thread are shocking. I wouldn't expect to be spoken to that way by anyone, let alone a company you do business with.

I was about to place a £300 order with them. Definitely won't now.. thanks for saving me the hassle!

Written on: 27/07/2011

I think we all know how invaluable reviews are for customers. I was considering purchasing from this company but thankfully read the reviews before doing so. It is not the details of this order that have put me off. As the customer in this case rightly pointed out most reasonable people accept that problems often occur with deliveries. But the response from the company was both shocking, rude and completely unsatisfactory. It is most definitely one of the worst examples of customer service i have ever read. UK-computers you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Baggieboy 's Response to ledders's Review

Written on: 05/02/2011

After reading the review i alsao have decided to take my business else where.
<br/>You can tell from the replies of the company they do not know how to deal with customers.
<br/>When reading reviews i always read the negative comments, that's how you can tell what the compant will do if things go wrong.

Ledders's Response to ledders's Review

Written on: 11/01/2011

Again, uk-computers.co.uk are telling lies. They did not provide me with a tracking number at any point. In fact, their order confirmation email sent to me on 13/12/2010 makes specific reference to not being able to track parcels. I quote "We do not currently offer the facility to track your order online, however your order status will be changed during the processing of your order." I understand why you are telling these lies, but you just keep being caught out. Furthermore, regardless of your defence of this episode, it just makes you look dishonest and untrustworthy.
<br/>
<br/>Uk-computers.co.uk seems to think that I am upset that the delivery was not made. This whole episode is solely because of the disgusting way that they have spoken to me, calling me a pain and saying they would rather deal with business-to-business transactions only.
<br/>
<br/>I understand all too well that deliveries do not sometimes go to plan.
<br/>
<br/>I have shared the correspondence I have received from uk-computers.co.uk with a number of friends and colleagues, just to make sure that I am not being over-sensitive. In EVERY case the feedback has been that uk-computers.co.uk have dealt with this an unbelievable and disgusting manner. Just because you have 100s of satisfied customers when things do go right does not negate the fact that when things go wrong you lash out and upset the customer.
<br/>
<br/>The final thing I will say and then as far as I am concerned it is case closed. I am a reasonable man, and had uk-computers.co.uk just said "look, we've got this parcel back and incurred charges because there were a few difficulties in delivery" I would have indeed acknowledged this was not their fault and offered to pay the company the &pound;25 charge they incurred and for them to resend it to my work address where there would have been a porter to accept delivery. However, uk-computers.co.uk took the red rag to the bull approach, very unprofessional and totally arrogant.
<br/>
<br/>As I said in my last post. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS FIRST, THEN MAKE YOUR MIND UP. But whatever frustrations you have as a business owner, do not take this out on your customers, it's totally infantile and a recipe for bleak future.
<br/>
<br/>I wish you all the best and hope that you may, in due course, realise that a successful business is based on placating customers, regardless of their apparent "incompetencies."

Ukcomputerscouk's Response to ledders's Review

Written on: 11/01/2011

Please see below proof of delivery attempts one on the 16th December and one on the 20th December. In any case if I was going away on holiday and was expecting a package, I, like most people would email or telephone to ask the wherabouts of my order and to delay delivery. We can't keep shipping items out again and again at our expense until a customer decides to take delivery or do something about it. We also gave the tracking No to this customer but he was using a No 2 instead of a Z at the beginning which is why he could not tack it but again decides to blame us for this incompetence.
<br/>
<br/>P.S we have hundreds of satisfied customers, unfortunately most people only leave a review when they think they have suffered a bad service or experience.
<br/>Tracking History
<br/>22:04 Tuesday, December 14, 2010 On route to delivery depot
<br/>06:41 Thursday, December 16, 2010 Arrived at Delivery Depot
<br/>08:08 Thursday, December 16, 2010 Goods loaded onto a van
<br/>11:10 Thursday, December 16, 2010 Delivery point closed (Carded)
<br/>18:34 Thursday, December 16, 2010 Goods returned to depot
<br/>08:59 Friday, December 17, 2010 Goods loaded onto a van
<br/>17:58 Friday, December 17, 2010 Goods returned to depot
<br/>07:03 Saturday, December 18, 2010 Goods returned to depot
<br/>08:48 Monday, December 20, 2010 Goods loaded onto a van
<br/>12:36 Monday, December 20, 2010 Delivery point closed (Carded)
<br/>17:54 Monday, December 20, 2010 Goods returned to depot
<br/>06:50 Friday, December 24, 2010 Goods returned to depot
<br/>09:12 Friday, December 24, 2010 Goods Delivered

Ledders's Response to ledders's Review

Written on: 11/01/2011

This company are not only downright rude and arrogant, but liars too. As at 5pm on 10/1/2011 my credit card has still not been refunded. After contacting the company they advised me that the card would be refunded within 30 days, as per distance selling regulations.
<br/>
<br/>Regarding the courier service, I ordered the goods on 13th December 2010. No card was left until 20th December, despite what uk-computers claim. I was only able to retrive the card from the postbox on 21st and was leaving for the holiday the same day, hence unable to anything about this until the 30th. That is one whole week between ordering and receiving initial notification of delivery attempt.
<br/>
<br/>uk-computer.co.uk advise I take it up the courier. Well, I see no reason why I should bother when I can use Amazon and get a much superior service of customer care. Suggest the company reviews their own relationship the courier, it's no concern to me where I source my goods from. However, I do prefer to support smaller companies, but this has left a sour taste in my mouth.
<br/>
<br/>Reading other responses by this company to unsatisfied customers confirms to me that this company is amateur, arrogant, and not particularly destined for great things.
<br/>
<br/>Please, listen to your customers and treat them with respect. You'll be much happer for it.

“I purchased an item but entered the wrong details....”

Written on: 22/11/2010

I purchased an item but entered the wrong details. They were supportive, empathetic and exchanged the product without any problem. They even looked around to see where else to source the correct item for me. A superb service… Read Full Review

“You are grade one cretins.... ”

Written on: 08/11/2010

You are grade one cretins....
You ask for a password and then send it back in a mail in plain text.
This is the second time today I have been caught by this sort of pig-ignorant behaviour so I put a rubbish one in. But this is beyond impolite, it should be illegal.
It also makes it clear that your approach to passwords is incorrect and this should also be illegal. Undoubtedly it will be in time.
You should only be able to see encrypted versions of passwords. Otherwise it leaves it wide open for… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/11/2010

Thanks for your comment but what could anyone do with your password even if they got hold of it? Since none of your card details are stored by us you still have to enter your card details in order to buy anything and this is done over our secure connection with Sagepay so I fail to see your point?
<br/>
<br/>I think next time rather than leave a nasty review like this is to contact us first so we can sort things like this out and explain.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 18/04/2012

The Data Protection Act says that companies (Data handlers) have to use all reasonable and necessary protection for data, which in 2012 means encrypting ALL personal data (name, address, order details AND card details and definitely passwords). Failure to do this is an absolute breach of the Data Protection Act and ought to be prosecuted. Like bad driving, though, the culture has yet to catch-up with the technology (and the hackers). The Data Protection Act is only as good as our willingness to complain when it is breached. So complain to the Data Registrar, vocally. As for UKcomputers.co.uk - how's about we invite anonymous to post your passwords for your social networking sites (no card details there, so why worry, eh?) to Pastebin and see how you like it? You utter Fail. I was about to order, too, but won't now, as I tend to get violent thought when mistreated by deeply-ignorant people and wish to avoid police, courts and your potential hospital bills...

“There was a phone number where I was able to get an...”

Written on: 05/05/2010

There was a phone number where I was able to get an instant answer to a question I had about the item, which is always a good start.

The price was one of the best out there, the delivery was cheap and prompt, and everything works fine. I'd definitely recommend UK Computers… Read Full Review

“The delivery was quicker than I could possibly have...”

Written on: 23/04/2010

The delivery was quicker than I could possibly have hoped for. The product was good, and the price competitive. I called to ask about a formal invoice and the guy on the phone was friendly and efficient. A highly pleasurable purchasing experience that I would recommend to anyone… Read Full Review

“Best customer service ever!! I have never experienced...”

Written on: 16/02/2010 by scandal1 (4 reviews written)

Best customer service ever!! I have never experienced such a well formed team and such a professional system. Well done!! I will forward this to my friends and hope they will find it attractive too… Read Full Review

“Ordered items and came next day. Excelent service and...”

Written on: 29/01/2010 by philmeacham (1 review written)

Ordered items and came next day. Excelent service and will use them again without question.

Product is great and provided hours of fun for all of the family at christmas with the Karaoke… Read Full Review

Stevewhite1963's Response to philmeacham's Review

Written on: 04/01/2011

Does anybody find it quite funny that this review is written by Phil Meacham, Upon closer inspection it appears that he works for the provider to the website, hmmmmm very dubious indeed