121 Car Hire Reviews - www.121carhire.com

1165

121 Car Hire www.121carhire.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for 121 Car Hire www.121carhire.com

121 Car Hire www.121carhire.com

“Quick and easy to collect car and to bring it back....”

Written on: 21/06/2015

Quick and easy to collect car and to bring it back. Staff very helpful, no hidden costs. I appreciated very much the reminders that were sent to me by email before I left home as to what paper work was needed to collect the car, then a couple of days before I was due to return the car a reminder again. This is a very good idea. The car it self was great. Thank you for all of this… Read Full Review

Visit www.121carhire.com

“Quality Cars and Service at Low Prices.”

Written on: 26/05/2015 by Davidsonyt112 (1 review written)

Car Quality and service was excellent but returning to Aiport Departure point at a set time was a little difficult and time wasting. It would have been easier to return to a Garage or Car park etc where the actual time of arrival could have been a bit more flexible… Read Full Review

“Great service!”

Written on: 16/05/2015

Booking could not have been easier and the website information was helpful - things like knowing exactly what the fuel policy would be. My only concerns were at the Greek end - no one came to 'meet & greet' (as it said, on my paperwork, very clearly they would) - instead I waiteda long time before realising that the Auto Union office was at the far end of the airport, several hundred yards walk away from the airport building. My only other concern was that one of the headlamps was not working… Read Full Review

Visit www.121carhire.com

“Excellent and Exceptional Service”

Written on: 04/05/2015 by Mattie435 (1 review written)

I am really happy with the service provided on line and over the desk;quick and easy and especially the weekly rate. I will definetely use the service again and will recommend to family and friends. The cars are new with low mileage and clean. The only thing I didn't like is fuel policy and the charge of £30 as you don't know if it is a full or half tank. Only thing I will recommend is if you have either a full tank or an empty tank policy so as a customer we know. I also love the flexibility… Read Full Review

“nice and easy”

Written on: 29/04/2015 by uhLawrence145 (1 review written)

Painless booking, easy collection and drop off at San Francisco airport. Good vehicle… Read Full Review

Visit www.121carhire.com

“Easy collection and good price”

Written on: 16/04/2015

The Goldcar office is in the airport so its easy to get to. The price was avery competitive and the car was in excellent condition. Very quick return as well. Just left the keys… Read Full Review

Visit www.121carhire.com

“excellent excellent and excellent”

Written on: 09/04/2015 by salmanalbert (1 review written)

There is nothing bad to write . Everything was excellent i have no complains about the service and i will recommend it to my family and friends… Read Full Review

Visit www.121carhire.com

“You are what you say you are”

Written on: 03/04/2015 by 20Boone (1 review written)

Very easy booking system with clear information. Pick up and drop off were easy. We had a very new car which was above our expectations. An agent was waiting for us at pick up and drop off and dealt with us speedily. Do make sure you have enough credit availability for the guarantee for the excess, if you don't take the extra insurance. we were 100% satisfied… Read Full Review

“Could have been better”

Written on: 26/02/2015 by 364Huffman (1 review written)

The website great, easy to book, print vouchers and that's it. Our car-hire company was KlassWagen Auto - positive: easy to collect, polite, friendly customer service. They speak English very well. Car was clean condition. Good fuel policy (full to full), no out of service hours charge - eg: our flight was landed at 9pm and she was very helpful and no extra charge for late collection. Negative: Where to start......well you need to pay 30euro for winter tyre - which let's say fair enough BUT the… Read Full Review

“germany in february”

Written on: 13/02/2015 by Shyla190 (1 review written)

great experience all in; very friendly & helpful counter staff; great car, low mileage; what more can i say ?… Read Full Review

Visit www.121carhire.com

“Misleading Fuel Policy - then car from worst rated...”

Written on: 04/02/2015 by DieselDen (2 reviews written)

Booked a Tenerife car with 121 because their fuel policy said Pick Up Full, Return Full - and because it offered a Mini One car or similar for a little extra. Only after booking, did it state the actual provider was Gold Car (the worst rated rental company, which I could have booked directly for less) and that the fuel policy was instead Full/Empty with Pre-Payment - a great way to increase profit with an inflated fuel charge and an additional "fuel service charge" - ie re-filling charge. I had… Read Full Review

121Carhire02's Response to DieselDen's Review

Written on: 05/02/2015

Hi DieselDen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our company.

We are very sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you have received from Goldcar. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and really appreciate it when customers take the time to let us know when the service received didn't meet the standard they were hoping for. We will pass this on to our rental partner so that they are able to speak with Goldcar directly to help improve their standards.

Whilst the following information is of little help to you now, it may help to know for future car hire that our rental partner works with a number of different car hire suppliers. If customers are ever unhappy with either the car hire supplier confirmed or a specific term of their rental agreement, our reservations team would be more than happy to help you find an alternative car, though please bear in mind that there may be admin charges to change a booking or the changed vehicle may have additional charges to it, these would be discussed and explained in full with you before any changes were made.

You mention that you changed your original selection to a Mini One or similar car - Please be advised that the T&C's for each car displayed on our website can vary as they may be provided by different end/local suppliers. Full T&C's including information on the fuel policy can be viewed on the first and final pages of the booking form, after customers have selected the car they would like to book. It is important to remember that if you select another car after checking the T&C's, they may be different from your original selection so you would need to check each car separately. It may be that the first car you looked at had full to full option on fuel but the upgrade option for the Mini One would have been different which could be why you ended up with the a Full/Empty fuel policy with Pre-Payment - all T&Cs are correctly displayed on our website and are committed to as soon as you hit 'book now'. Once a booking has been made, the supplier can not be change the T&C's - your voucher would have shown you exactly what was shown on our website at the time of booking.

It is also worth noting for future use that our site offers customers the ability to cancel their booking free of charge within the first 48 hours of booking, so you could have cancelled and re-booked your car hire had you noticed that your terms were not quite what you thought you had agreed to or that you were not happy with the supplier provided.

Whilst this did not affect you - it is also important to note that when hiring child seats with a rental car, suppliers are unable to fit them in to the vehicle for insurance reasons. It is the parents responsibility to ensure that any child seats hired are fitted correctly and are safe for their children. If you were involved in an accident during your hire, the supplier would be held liable for any injury if they had fitted the car seats.

As for the condition of the car, we were very disappointed to hear about this. This can unfortunately happen at very busy locations or peak holiday times. However, it is not ideal and we shall make sure our rental partner brings this matter up with Goldcar. Again, for future hires, it is very important to make the rental assistant mark down any damages on the rental agreement before driving away - if they are not as helpful as they should be then please take photographs of the hire car with a date stamp so that you can prove if necessary, what damage was already on the car at the time of collection. You should also take photographs again when returning the car. Alternatively, you could fill out the damage report yourself and take it back to the assistant to sign as agreed.

We do hope this helps explain things further for you and once again, we are very sorry to hear about the problems you suffered with your hire. We do hope that the above information helps you and reassures you for using our site for your future car hire needs.

121carhire.com

“Collection Depot was CLOSED until 3 days after due date..”

Written on: 02/02/2015 by Eddie50 (1 review written)

What's wrong ask 121? They are incapable of understanding that instructing me to Collect the car from a Depot that is closed until 3 days later is a problem. NO notification By pure luck I walked past the Thrifty Depot and learned the truth from them. 121 explanation? No response just a stupid question on What's wrong? Pathetic firm, who caused concerns from Booking onwards I'll never use them again, and neither will my family. That's 4 customer bases lost by 121… Read Full Review

Visit www.121carhire.com

“We have used 121 car hire on numerous occasion and...”

Written on: 30/01/2015 by Patsycollns (1 review written)

We have used 121 car hire on numerous occasion and always found them to be extremely helpful. The vehicles are always excellent and the staff vey helpful. The service has improved as they are now based within the airport so avoiding having to travel to a pick-up and drop-off location by bus. The only criticism would be that the valentine of the vehicles is obvious carried out by untrained staff - the windows are often not thoroughly cleaned and the interior dashboard on one particular… Read Full Review

Visit www.121carhire.com

“Worst Car Rental Broker on the Net”

Written on: 19/01/2015 by Mr_J_Foster (4 reviews written)

My booking was for collection on 15 Aug 2014 @ Naples airport, Italy. Upon arrival, the car type that we specified was not available, so had to take a larger car than we ordered and considering that we were going to Sorrento, this was very inconvenient! Upon collection, we were forced to purchase extra insurance, or we couldn't have the car. Upon collection, it was filthy inside and out! It was damaged on every panel. The Firefly representatives were rude, unhelpful and ignorant! The car… Read Full Review

121Carhire02's Response to Mr_J_Foster's Review

Dear Mr Foster,

Thank you for taking the time to review our company.

We are very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to assure you that we take customer satisfaction very seriously. Should the service received by one of the suppliers we work with fall short of customer expectation, we would always like to know so that we can feed this back to the supplier in the hope that their service can improve for future customers.

We would also like to assure you that our customer support team respond to all emails received from customers.

If you would like us to look in to this further for you, please can we ask you to contact us using the contact form on our website and we will be more than happy to help you.

121CarHire.com

Mr_J_Foster's reply to 121Carhire02's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2015

Thanks for your response, but its a little late to respond publicly don't you think? Especially as I've already brought this to your attention via the feedback & directly through telephone & email correspondence, privately. It only because I'm so fed up, that I've published this review of the performance of your company, that I've personally received.
As a company, you've done nothing for me, left me hanging without any support what so ever, 121 Carhire just passed the 'buck'!. You've taken my money, that's it as far as 121 Car Hire is concerned.
I would gladly, call you again and speak directly, if it means that you'll refund my £178 for the car hire, especially as it's been since Aug 2014 that I've been pursuing this. I can't leave a number on this review site, for obvious reasons, but if you give me a direct telephone number to call, I'll call you.

121Carhire02's reply to Mr_J_Foster's Comment

Dear Mr Foster

We have checked our customer support system and can confirm we have received your emails regarding the problems you experienced with your booking and responded to you back in September 2014.

Our customer support team have passed each of your emails on to Cartrawler, the broker that power 121 Car Hire and they have confirmed that your query has been forwarded to the local supplier, Firefly.

As explained by Cartrawler, they are not able to investigate complaints regarding the condition of any car provided as they are simply an introductory service and do not have access to records relating to the exact car provided, the condition of that car or any insurance products that you may have chosen to purchase at the time of collection.

As this is the case, you are best placed to discuss your issues with Firefly directly as they are in a much better position to resolve them for you.

With regards to the excess insurance cover that you purchased at the time of collection, it is important to note that customers are responsible for the Excess (the first £500 and up to £2,000) on the rental vehicle's insurance in case of damage or if the vehicle is stolen. If you do not have sufficient funds on your credit card to cover the excess deposit, the local supplier will insist that you purchase their own insurance product. This is standard practice and would have been explained in the T&Cs that you agreed to at the time of booking, along with information about how much the amount held against your credit card during the rental, would be.

Please be assured that we have done everything we can to help and we are very sorry that you are not happy the way this has been handled. Our customer support team have responded to your query again today, including a contact phone number so that you can speak to Cartrawlers customer support team directly about this issue and have also contacted Cartrawler again on your behalf in the hope that they will be able to chase Firefly for a response for you.

We hope this helps.

121CarHire.com

Mr_J_Foster's Response to Mr_J_Foster's Review

Written on: 01/02/2015

I have had further communications with the 121 carhire team, I've been offered 2 days rental refund as a settlement to my complaint, which I accepted. However, this was agreed 2 weeks ago and promised to be paid with 7-10 days. I have not been refunded yet! ( as of 1 February 2015 ) I've since emailed to chase the refund and again been ignored! I don't understand why? Nor do I believe that I've received the level of customer service expected. Why are you taking so long to refund? Do you really want repeated bad press? You know what they say? If you have one unhappy customer, you will end up with ten unhappy customers! Come people, if you!re going to promise a refund, then do it quickly!

“Straightforward, no fuss”

Written on: 11/11/2014 by KaylynnMcCormack (1 review written)

Website simple to use. No hidden extras. Reasonably priced. Agent at airport could have been clearer about how to exit car park! Didn't answer phone when we called agent from the barrier!… Read Full Review

Visit www.121carhire.com

“Easy to use, great service”

Written on: 05/11/2014 by strongy7 (4 reviews written)

No hidden cost, brand new car, will always use this site for my car hire needs… Read Full Review

Visit www.121carhire.com

“Easy to use, great service”

Written on: 05/11/2014 by strongy7 (4 reviews written)

“Car hire”

Written on: 01/11/2014 by Morris45 (1 review written)

Certainly use again and recommend to friends.Cars hired here and in the USA through 121 were good quality and easy.No complications and says exactly what it says "price you pay is the price you pay".Good friendly service all round… Read Full Review

“121 is Second to None”

Written on: 25/10/2014 by 376Haynes (1 review written)

I had to return to the UK at short notice and needed a convenient and cheap flight option from Geneva. Easyjet have curtailed their flights to UK a Regional airports so much outside the ski season that the only option was flying into Luton and then hiring a car for the 249 mile journey home. That was a doddle with 121 even at Luton! Many thanks for friendly and helpful staff… Read Full Review

“ALL A BIT UNSAVOURY”

Written on: 15/09/2014

Hi there I booked a hire car through you guys who promised me a good deal. What you hadnt explained at the outset was that it was with a car hire firm not actually in Gatwick airport. Having walked 10 minutes to a bus stop I then had to wait another 25 minutes for a lift 2 miles down the road to an Industrial estate and a portacabin. Once there and having waited a further 10 minutes i was asked to produce my driving licence, then my passport and then was asked to have my photograph taken, which… Read Full Review

121Carhire02's Comment

Written on: 18/09/2014

Dear Customer

Here at 121carhire we take customer satisfaction very seriously and should the service from any of our suppliers fall short of customer expectation then we would want to know so that we are able to feed this back to our suppliers in the hope that future customers so not experience such issues.

If you would like to contact us directly please do so by clicking on the 'Contact Us' link on our website and we will be more than happy to hear your comments and help you.

Kind regards