The Butchers Arms, Woolhope Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Butchers Arms, Woolhope - Ask a question now

“Dreadful meal. Very overrated and over advertised....”

Written on: 25/11/2010

Dreadful meal. Very overrated and over advertised. When you actually look at the reviews there seem to be very few "independant ones". The steak was tough and not cooked to my liking. For the first time in my life I left the meal, we paid after telling the Barman that the steak was tough and then went to the Crown just up the road… Read Full Review

“Lovely atmosphere in 17th century, timber framed pub...”

Written on: 26/11/2009 by rosetrees (1 review written)

Lovely atmosphere in 17th century, timber framed pub with beams, log fires and beautiful garden.

Excellent food cooked by renowned chef Stephen Bull. (I thought of adding this to the "celebrity chefs" section, but I don't think Stephen is as well known as some as I understand he refuses to appear on tv.

The food is top quality, London gastro but at regular Herefordshire pub prices. I can't recommend it highly enough.

On one visit I took my 13 year old nephew - I phoned ahead to see if it… Read Full Review