Garrett Ace 250 Reviews

Garrett Ace 250 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Garrett Ace 250

“A wonderful machine”

Written on: 29/08/2012

The Garrett 250 Ace is an amazing detector for the price. It has just one failing and that is the lack of a volume control, I personaly havnt found this to be a problem, I use headphones with just one phone in the ear and the other ear free, it works a treat. The positives are numerous, it is amazingly sensitive and quite accurately pin points items to within an inch or so. Owners of this machine must be prepared to spend some time getting used to the sounds and indications after a short while… Read Full Review

Garrett Ace 250

“The detector has a scale with "Iron...Gold...Silver"...”

Written on: 16/10/2010

The detector has a scale with "Iron...Gold...Silver" but the problem is that it registers metal as gold and silver when it isn't. It's disappointing when the detector register gold and you dig it up and find it's another bottle top. If Garrett don't have the technology to distinguish among various types of metal, they shouldn't bother putting the scale on the display. The first thing I noticed was how loud the detector is and that there is no volume control, so you may need to purchase… Read Full Review

Garrett Ace 250

“I am not a hard core Metal Detectorist so when I...”

Written on: 16/11/2009 by oceaneagle (22 reviews written)

I am not a hard core Metal Detectorist so when I decided to buy a Metal Detector I wasn't looking in the high hundreds. I wanted a decent all rounder at a reasonable price. I have owned one before and I knew enough to stay away from the cheapos. This then would be my first piece of advice. Whatever you buy do not buy those you see around for £40-£60 they are no more than toys.
I plumped for the Garrett Ace 250. I knew Garrett was a name to be reckoned with and my research proved that their Ace… Read Full Review