The Forge, Covent Garden (Garrick Street) Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Forge, Covent Garden (Garrick Street) - Ask a question now

“Good food, good service.”

Written on: 16/07/2013 by JamieB83 (3 reviews written)

I was walking back from a meeting when I came across this little paradise, only stayed for lunch but the service was friendly, prices weren't too bad either. Portions were a bit small though, I suppose it's part of this "A la carte" trend that's sweeping the UK. I might come back here again, but I won't be sad if I don't get the chance. All in all, not a bad lunch… Read Full Review

“I think I amy have just been unlucky...but I was...”

Written on: 29/01/2010 by Pookie D (11 reviews written)

I think I amy have just been unlucky...but I was sevred by a waiter who could not make any recommendations...didnt know anything about the dishes, couldn't name any of the cheeses on the cheese board.

I had an urge for some comfort food- so chose the Hambuger and real chips -it was like chewing a piece of rubber. Had it not been for the chips I would have starved!
They also tried to over charge me by quite a lot.
All in all very disappointing… Read Full Review

“On arrival we were not offered a drinks menu or any...”

Written on: 16/11/2009

On arrival we were not offered a drinks menu or any drinks. After being seated for 10 minutes and after ordering our food we asked for drinks. The only soft drinks they had available were OJ & cranberry juice.

The portion sizes were way too large. Gordon Ramsey would be have a fit at the amount of food being wasted.

The menu was not varied e.g. 'Spinach & Tomato & Ricotta Galette' as a starter and 'Spinach & Tomato Rissoto' as a main on the same menu is pretty poor. Was the Spinach &… Read Full Review