Huddersfield, Firth Point Reviews

• Cleanliness

Huddersfield, Firth Point - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Huddersfield, Firth Point

Huddersfield, Firth Point

“The staff at Firth Point are bullies”

Written on: 18/12/2012

The only things that are good about Firth Point are that it is right next to the University of Huddersfield and the rent includes unlimited Internet, electricity, water and heating. Other than that, living Firth Point is worse than living at home if you brothers and sisters you don't get on with. The reception staff are bullies, if you stand up to them they are like "We're treating you the same as we treat everyone else" and other stupid excuses. If you have a disability (e.g. Asperger's… Read Full Review

Otherhand's Comment

Written on: 17/07/2013

Calm down

Written on: 18/07/2013

From 1 October 2010 the Equality Act offers you protection from disability discrimination. If you are disabled and the reason that are being evicted is because of something to do with your disability then you will be protected by the Equality Act. For example, you may have a mental condition that affects the way you behave, if you are being evicted because of this behaviour then you will be protected.

Written on: 18/07/2013

So endangering other flat mates is acceptable? Either the other four of us get kicked out for being tormented or he leaves because he is tormenting. I accept that this may be down to his disability. But, this may also be down to his personality. I feel discriminated against as I am not classed as "disabled" and therefore have to be subjected to living in such conditions. It's a two-way thing. I had to live through it for half a term, scared all the time.

Jimabb's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2013

the place should be shut down!

Written on: 17/07/2013

I do not believe this is an accurate portrayal of the staff working in Snow Island or Firth Point. [Name removed] works hard and was a great help to me when I had problems there. If they were discriminating against you, then why why not elaborate on the situation if it is not worthy of being kicked out over?

Written on: 18/07/2013

They kicked me out because I'm autistic. It is against the law to do that. If you don't think that's discrimination I don't know what is.

Written on: 18/07/2013

That was the definite reason? There was no other incidences? Are you sure? Tell me, was you in B block?

Written on: 18/07/2013

I don't know you so I'm not going to answer that question. What business is it of yours anyway?

Written on: 18/07/2013

Had that been the case, then I was your flatmate and know this review is not accurate.

Written on: 18/07/2013

That's about as accurate as it can get. Which flatmate were you?

Written on: 18/07/2013

I don't agree. I'm the one that endured you breaking my things in the kitchen, being shouted at aggressively and enduring your poor hygiene. And worse of all, I'm the one who had to listen and say nothing against your sexest comments, because I would be "discriminating" against you. You were not kicked out being you had Autism. You were kicked out because you were aggressive to your other flatmates, and the staff.

“these people are the the worst people to live with,...”

Written on: 21/07/2010

these people are the the worst people to live with, they are proper scandals tey would charge for anything and would never tell you why. They always mess lead people into paying more money and thier service is awful and very poor customer service. In regards to mail, if they had the oppurtunity to throw all ur mail they would as it taked them ages to put the mail in the mail box. My advice to anyone is not to go with these people and try to look for something better… Read Full Review

“Hi Everyone! ”

Written on: 26/10/2009 by Uniteliving (1 review written)

Hi Everyone!

I had major issues while my stay in firth point Huddersfield and I strongly recommend finding accommodation elsewhere. I moved out after 3 months to a much better and economical place.

On my first day to the UK, I met the first receptionist who dint even knows whether she can take money by cash or not. As you know not many will have a bank account before entering UK. Secondly the room which they allotted me belonged to civil service flat and I did not fit there. Also I asked for… Read Full Review