HTC HD2 Reviews

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

Summary

HTC HD2 delivers an experience your senses have been waiting for. The unprecedented 4.3-inch pixel-packed display is stunning. The world’s first capacitive touch technology on a Windows phone along with 1 GHz processing power ensure a smooth and lightning-fast response to the lightest touch of your finger. Most importantly, it is the first Windows phone to embody HTC Sense - a holistic experience that focuses on making phones work in the most intuitive way. HTC Sense is based on three core principles – make it mine, stay close, and discover the unexpected.

HTC HD2 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for HTC HD2

HTC HD2

“HTC HD2 is unpredictable”

Written on: 22/07/2012 by Tom_Lima (3 reviews written)

Ive had the phone for a round about 2 years now and it has been a rollercoater of experiences. But on this roller coaster the downs take you through the bottom of the Earth, and the highs, well are just mere pauses to the next down. Once I first got my new HTC HD2 in 2010 I thought I it was flashy as! It looked great and touch screen, it was awesome. But slowly this facade of greatness wore away. The phone, first of all, takes an eternity to load once you turn it on, so once out your left with… Read Full Review

HTC HD2

“Good phone HTC UK repair service is unacceptable”

Written on: 16/05/2012

I had HTC HD2 for almost two years. It is an unusual phone because you can change the software from the original Win 6.5 to win 7 or the best, in my opinion, Android software. The phone transforms itself into a quality kit with android (I used 2.3 version). Unfortunately like with many phones it uses a micro usb port for charging and data transfer. With the regular use the port develops loose contacts due to physical vibrations. Eventually I send it for repair to the UK HTC repair centre. It… Read Full Review

HTC HD2

“I bought this as a replacement for my Windows PDA to...”

Written on: 17/12/2010 by Lomelec (4 reviews written)

I bought this as a replacement for my Windows PDA to use as a handheld PC with an integrated phone. It is an excellent example of sleek, powerful hardware, but the operating system is patchy and cobbled together.
The big advantage over any other phone I've come across is it's ability to create, edit and sync with PC Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. It will print to a portable printer albeit in poor quality. It is a lot better than the old XDA and does not crash nearly as often, but it… Read Full Review

HTC HD2

“Firstly, the hardware on this phone is very good....”

Written on: 18/07/2010 by thugedtricks (1 review written)

Firstly, the hardware on this phone is very good. Despite already being at least 6 months old, the specs are comparable to the current high-end smartphones available.
It does everything you want it to and despite reports of software faults related to the camera and text messaging, HTC release updates not soon after I bought it on New Year's Eve so I've not had any problems.
The software itself is surprisingly customisable. Thanks to a website called XDA-developers, you can download apps… Read Full Review

HTC HD2

“From promising start I loved this phone, my son was...”

Written on: 28/03/2010

From promising start I loved this phone, my son was born on the 24th December 2010. I have been sending more than 100 text and MMS and looking up any information I needed in the delivery room on the Opera browser.
However it did not take me long to realise that this phone has SERIOUS problems. I wish I had brought an android based phone. List of problems follow.
1. SMS/MMS - Sent to outbox, are not delevered, tries to resend a default of 5 times. I am charged 5 times by my operator. I avoid… Read Full Review

HTC HD2

“The HD2 is a very impressive piece of kit. The screen...”

Written on: 16/02/2010 by TOMLEECEE (121 reviews written)

The HD2 is a very impressive piece of kit. The screen is massive, the software is quality (Windows Mobile 6.5 with HTC Sense) and the features are numerous. It takes amazing photos with it's 5 megapixel camera, has wifi connectivity, HSDPA support, GPRS, Bluetooth, GPS, standard 3.5mm earphone jack, crystal clear display...in fact everything you possibly want from a smartphone. Except a decent software keyboard. I got my HD2 at the beginning of January and I have just swapped it for a Palm Pre… Read Full Review

Grillkevin80's Response to TOMLEECEE's Review

Written on: 22/07/2010

Yes true absolutely.
<br/>
<br/>My friend uses the same model. I have seen the piece. Looks damn impressive and stylist even. I am looking for a good mobile phone for my wife to gift he on our anniversary. I think i will buy HTC phone for her and apple iphone for me.
<br/>
<br/>Thanks buddy to place this review even. Its useful for me to take my decision.

HTC HD2

“I have to say, I was torn between the iPhone and the...”

Written on: 15/01/2010 by samnoble18 (2 reviews written)

I have to say, I was torn between the iPhone and the HD2 but in the end, after much research I decided to go for the HD2.

The biggest pulling point for me was the amazing deals that are around on this phone. I got mine from Mobile Phones Direct on a 24 month contract. The deal I went for came with 300 free minutes, unlimited texts and web plus 3 months free insurance on Vodafone.

Ordered the phone on the Wednesday morning and it arrived with me the following lunchtime, I couldn't have been… Read Full Review

HTC HD2

“This is a great phone, only downside it the battery if...”

Written on: 13/01/2010 by jamiehodges1 (1 review written)

This is a great phone, only downside it the battery if your using lots of applications e.g the internet it kills the battery very quickly and I've had the screen freeze on me a couple of times like I had on the Iphone but with this you just take the battery out to reset but with the Iphone you had to wait for it to discharge.....I've had the phone 9 days now and im still learning new things on it everyday.....This phone can ony get better once Htc decide to upgrade the software to windows 7.0… Read Full Review

Jamiehodges1's Response to jamiehodges1's Review

Written on: 13/01/2010

I bought the phone from mobiles.co.uk and I got the phone the next day and they had the best offer on the price plan I've got which im very pleased with.....Buying a phone off the internet you are able to beat what ever they offer in the shops.

HTC HD2

“I eagerly waited for the HTC HD2 having read a great...”

Written on: 30/11/2009 by glenc (305 reviews written)

I eagerly waited for the HTC HD2 having read a great deal about it online.

Its a funny one to review, as some aspects are great, some are very dissapointing.

Overall, the most annoying thing about the phone is that the HTC Sense interface has been slapped on top of the Windows 6.5 operating system in a fairly haphazard way. You regularly drop out of the Sense interface and into the Windows 6.5 interface which is a really bad experience in terms of continuity.

The other annoying aspect of… Read Full Review

Glenc's Response to glenc's Review

Written on: 02/09/2010

A few months after writing this review the phone gradually became slower and less stable. The windows effect began to kick in!
<br/>
<br/>It got to the point where I was so frustrated with it that I ended up ditching it and buying an Apple iPhone instead.
<br/>
<br/>I was pretty blown away by just how much better the iPhone is - simple things like the keyboard actually works makes a world of difference

HTC HD2

“I wanted to get an iPhone as I was finally out of my...”

Written on: 03/11/2009

I wanted to get an iPhone as I was finally out of my old T-Mobile contract, but it was out of stock at all the O2 shops in my area! I went for the HD2 as I couldn't be bothered to wait, and I am SO pleased that I got it!

I was scared that it was a Windows phone, but the layout is still really clear, it's really simple to use and the screen is massive! There's an app store with loads of free games and software, and the camera takes much better pictures than my sister's iPhone!

Bad things are… Read Full Review