The St Helena, Bedford Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The St Helena, Bedford - Ask a question now

“Beautiful setting, good service but only average food”

Written on: 30/08/2011 by glenc (305 reviews written)

We visited the St Helena for our wedding anniversary after a recommendation - and first impressions were excellent. The restaurant is in a beautiful house and it feels very warm and cosy as you enter through the lovely grounds (past the restaurant dogs) The interior was lovely, really what you'd hope for and expect in a fine dining restaurant I had high hopes at this point. The staff were excellent, friendly, efficient and welcoming. The food arriving was the only real let down of this… Read Full Review

“I must recommend a most wondeful restaurant vsit to...”

Written on: 07/10/2009

I must recommend a most wondeful restaurant vsit to all whom enjoy fine cuisine and ambience alike, our recent visit was once again truly enjoyable from booking to eating from fine wine to good service, the beef St helena main course (myself) and the Skate dish , chosen by my wife Denise was tasty, well presented and most of all delicious, the Gervey martin was not bad either!
If you are a historian and know off Pilgrim'e progress, then you may be interested to learn that John Bunyan lived in a… Read Full Review