Veissmann Vitodens 100 Reviews

111

Veissmann Vitodens 100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Veissmann Vitodens 100

Veissmann Vitodens 100

“Excellent boiler, excellent value”

Written on: 09/01/2016 by ImmanuelBishop366 (1 review written)

Have had our Vitodens 100 for 2 years now and could not be happier with it. It runs so quietly it is remarkable. Very efficient, I reduced my heating costs to less than half what I paid to run my old oil fired boiler. Also should mention that the physical size of the Vitodens is very small, compact. I gained a whole new room when I got rid of the old boiler. To me, the only downside might be the initial cost - it is not cheap by any means. Wish I had added the DHW Combi unit at time of install… Read Full Review

“Well engineered quality boiler ”

Written on: 17/12/2015 by Salim786 (1 review written)

I'm just finishing the installation of my third viessmann 100 boiler, and am very impressed with the performance of the boilers, the first one is nearly 5years old now and has been absolutely superb and reliable,and impressively quiet, it's in a studio flat and cannot be heard at all in operation and heats all the rads hot in less than 5 minutes , once heated it modulates down to a whisper quiet tick over, the gas bill has dropped around 50% compared to the previously fitted Worcester Bosch… Read Full Review

“fantastic ”

Written on: 07/12/2015 by ecConrad166 (1 review written)

Running the 26kw model, being used in a family home now 4yrs , no services either it's quite ,smart looking and well built. Fit these and forget… Read Full Review

“Veissmann 100 closed system boiler - all good”

Written on: 21/11/2015 by ldWilliams330 (1 review written)

We've had this boiler for two years without a problem - although the wireless thermostat (standard version) is not the easiest to use or understand . The benefit of this boiler - closed system- is that everything is contained in the boiler itself- we had a pressure cylinder 'megaflow' installed recently for the loft conversion and the plumber was surprised that we didn't have an external pump etc that is usual with the Bosch systems, Everything was installed smoothly and the boiler works well… Read Full Review

“Very Impressive Boiler”

Written on: 21/10/2015 by HULLASH (1 review written)

Vitodens 100-W 30kw I was a little sceptcal about this combination boiler after reading many poor reviews on this site, however this as been installed for 14 months and i'm very impressed with the efficiency of the boiler, helping drive my gas bill down to only £65 a month (3 bed semi) The boiler was installed onto a newly piped system a mixture of copper and plastic pipe. A scale inhibitor and Magnaclean filter was installed and the full system cleaned by a powerflush. The gas pipe had to… Read Full Review

“Waste of money”

Written on: 20/10/2015 by sophiejo1 (1 review written)

I have lost count, in the six years since I have had this boiler, how often I have had to call out a plumber because it has simply cut out. It has just cut out again tonight, for no apparent reason: I had it on all day, then suddenly felt cold. The radiators were stone cold. Once again, it has lost pressure. Now I am without heating or hot water -- again. No amount of complaining to the Viessmann has drawn a response, so I have ceased to pursue that line. I am looking forward to throwing this… Read Full Review

Heat247's Response to sophiejo1's Review

Written on: 07/11/2015

You are associating this fault with the boiler but the boiler is correctly going into safety mode to protect itself from damage. Pressure loss is usually a problem with leaks elsewhere on the system, if these leaks are not obvious ie. radiator valves and visual pipework then it may be under flooring or behind studded walls. Replacing the boiler will not resolve this and you need to get a tradesman willing to help you find and resolve these leaks. I have been fitting Viessmann boilers for many years and very rarely have any complaints from customers. I hope this helps and you save yourself the expense of fitting a new boiler unnecessarily.

Sophiejo1's reply to Heat247's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2015

Thank you for your advice, Heat247. I am in a flat, so if there are leaks in my pipes, the people in the flat under mine would be complaining. In any case, my plumbing was entirely new, put in specifically to accommodate the Viessmann.

There is one hope, though: My present (Viessmann-trained) plumber will raise the level of the taps that serve the boiler. (At present those taps are close to the floor, and behind my very heavy washing machine. So I cannot get at them.) He tells me that simply turning the taps off when pressure fails, then back on again, will get the boiler started.

Anyway, I am heartened by your opinion. Thank you.

“6 years-3 circuit boards-4 exchange units-now beyond...”

Written on: 13/10/2015 by swCoyle444 (1 review written)

Thanks for nothing Viessman. Stress & expense and repeated winter breakdowns. The boiler and the owner. Leaks. Never could rely on it working. What a complete waste of money… Read Full Review

“For sure it's the best boiler you can buy for still a...”

Written on: 04/10/2015 by McGregor490 (1 review written)

For sure it's the best boiler you can buy for still a good price,but not the cheapest.sandrine cazaux montreal quebec canada… Read Full Review

“Prince Edward Island Canada”

Written on: 29/08/2015 by Gaspereaux (1 review written)

Hi, we are building a new home, 1,400 sq. ft., on a slab, on the water, facing north on the island of PEI (the smallest Province of Canada pop. 140,000). It can be very cold in the winter and we do have high winds. My spouse is allergic to wood stoves, we are going with in-floor radiant heating ans a propane fire place. We do not have natural gas on the island and we import everything (oil & electricity). We pay the highest rates of electricity in Canada (15.9 cents per kwh). Oil sells for… Read Full Review

Dthomso1's Response to Gaspereaux's Review

Written on: 06/01/2016

I live in SW Ontario in a 2000 sq. ft. log home - and log homes are drafty! I have had a Vitodens 100 gas fired boiler for the past 2 years and I could not be happier with it. It is unbelievably quiet and costs less than half of what my old oil fired boiler cost to run. The only trouble I have had was I once let the batteries go dead in my wall thermostat which shut down the boiler. Put fresh batteries in and it fired back up.
By the way, ON has you beat on electricity costs - as of this month the peak rate goes over 19 cents per KwH!

Dthomso1's Response to Gaspereaux's Review

Written on: 06/01/2016

“Installed one year ago and I'm impressed.”

Written on: 23/05/2015 by glen5000 (1 review written)

I have to agree the v-100 is a good boiler and worth the money! I replaced a wood/electric boiler with a nat. gas v100 and have cut my heating costs by 50 per cent with no problems so far. If your considering having one installed find a good fitter that has had experience with this product and dont cheap out on the installation… Read Full Review

“Great boiler and well built ”

Written on: 06/04/2015 by abcgascare (2 reviews written)

Loads bad revue on this but its about correct install and some one bitching the price install thats not the boilers fault . 5 year parts labour pay about £200 get 10 year no brainier. Again my favorite its spacious inside easy to work on I like it . But you need a filter eg Magnaclean 2 budget £100 for extra life and energy saving 6% , I will not fit any boiler with out one rubbish or a diamond . My top list is Viessmann Vaillant Baxi duotec , budget Heatline Capriz plus . not on my list… Read Full Review

“ok for first 24 months, numerous faults after”

Written on: 03/02/2015

boiler was fitted as advised by our local heating engineer, personally wanted a Worcester but was talked into having this instead. great for the first 2 years, then twice in 6 months the hose has burst emptying the water from the boiler all over the floor on my airing cupboard and through the floor. not impressed. wish I had insisted on the Worcester now!… Read Full Review

“My Biggest House Related Mistake”

Written on: 02/02/2015 by Gerfus (1 review written)

I replaced my oil boiler with a propane Vitodens 100 with a Combi kit. I have hot water baseboard heating. My old system would heat the house in minutes. It now takes several hours to heat the house up a couple of degrees. (I no longer turn down the thermostat when I leave the house through the day). I have an auto thermostat on one zone, it will not get back up to temperature either so I no longer reduce the temperature with it. I get complaints about "no hot water" from everyone visiting my… Read Full Review

Dazrickard's Response to Gerfus's Review

Written on: 14/02/2015

un plug the weather sensor, and turn the heating dial upto 6 on the front of the boiler. This will give you 75 degree flow temp, same as your old boiler.

Simple.

“Avoid Viessmann boilers”

Written on: 05/11/2014

I have now owned a Viessmann boiler for over 6 years. I am very disatissfied with this product and would go as far to say that it simply is not fit for purpose. I have had a number of parts changed throughout its relatively short life and for a model that cost me approx. £2200.00 it certainly is not a good example. This ownership experience has certainly left me feeling disappointed and very annoyed and unfortunatly I simply cannot recommend this product. My advice as an honest homeowner would… Read Full Review

Johncbs's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2015

Hi I am an installer and we have fitted over 300 of these in the last 5 years and I can say with hand on heart your installer must be terrible or you work for Worcester because I cannot begin to think what could go wrong with these boilers.

“Veinsman Vitodens 200”

Written on: 03/11/2014 by Famousgrouse (1 review written)

our boiler was installed in September 2009. Initial issues relating to vibration through the pipes and excessive noise led to Viessmann attending who could not resolve the problem. Our fitter later installed a pressure relief valve that has reduced the vibration but not the noise, however the boiler needs constantly pressurising. On a separate occasion the boiler went into fault and when our installer stripped down the boiler, the burner was full of water that subsequently spilled out on to the… Read Full Review

Johncbs's Response to Famousgrouse's Review

Written on: 05/11/2014

I have never come across a vibration on a system especially a 200, and a pressure relief valve would only help if the system was running at a far too higher pressure than it should be.
The expansion vessel comes with a nitrogen charge when new and will last for 3-5 years, but should be maintained and checked very year. I assume this was not done. And therfore would cause the need to re-pressurise the system as you mentioned.

Brianthegasman's Response to Famousgrouse's Review

Written on: 10/12/2014

Combustion chamber full of water?
That is a service issue from not cleaning the trap or having adequate flow on condensate pipework. It is more common on boilers with aluminium heat exchangers TBH. Expansion vessel is a service issue too, the vibration through the boiler sounds due to high water pressure (requiring a pressure reducing valve) that is an installation issue. So given the issues you describe are external factors related to install and service, what do think of the boiler?

Dazrickard's reply to Brianthegasman's Comment

Written on: 01/02/2015

Another person too scared to consult their installer. Any gas engineer will read your issues and immediately tell you the installation is poor. Combustion chamber full of water.. how is that a boiler problem? This can only be caused by condensate pipe / trap blocked due to poor servicing. Pressure in the system keeps dropping.. Well that is simply a leak. Pressure relief valve installing? If pressure is too high then that is nothing to do with boiler. Either system water content is too large for the expansion vessel in boiler so external one needs installing or the fill pressure is too high to start with.
Vitodens 200W are the most reliable on the market, your installer isn't.

The homeowner also needs to be responsible for ensuring their boiler is serviced and get someone who does more than test the combusion gases.

“Great with weather compensation”

Written on: 26/10/2014 by Ismael1947 (1 review written)

I've had a Vitodens 100 in my rental property for over seven years. It's never let me down. What more can I say it's a boiler and it works. By boiler prior was a baxi and lasted only two years… Read Full Review

“Great with weather compensation”

Written on: 24/10/2014 by andrew.millward (1 review written)

“I have fitted hundreds of these”

Written on: 23/10/2014 by johncbs (3 reviews written)

I am a totally honest man and would like to think that most people are. But reading some of these reviews I would doubt that they are! I own a company that specialises in the repair and installation of boilers, I know almost everything about the Viessmmann boiler rainge. I have only had one pipe split and that was due to a subcontractor not flushing the chemical out of a system correctly. Viessmann boilers are bullet proof and the 200 rainge are out of this world for reliability. We have… Read Full Review

Dazrickard's Response to johncbs's Review

Written on: 01/02/2015

Intelligent homeowners will realise their issues are with the ones employed to install their quality boiler.

Sutchy's Response to johncbs's Review

Written on: 13/09/2015

I replaced an old oil fired boiler with a Vitodens 100 boiler (propane gas fired) heating our house and it works great.
We are wondering if we could connect from the existing system and install heating into our living room floor.
I believe this should be possible if we kept the loop intact. Would you agree? We have an unheated crawlspace under our living room and thought this may be a good way to warm the floor as we are replacing the flooring????
Comments or suggestions are most welcome.

Johncbs's reply to Sutchy's Comment

Written on: 13/09/2015

Yes it would be possible. You would need a single zone underfloor pack, to blend/mix the temp if you have radiators on the rest of the system.

Lorrainematlock's Response to johncbs's Review

Written on: 09/06/2015

Well, do you live in Ontario ?
You can come fix mine . We have had our boiler for 4 years and it has now started to "boom" when it starts up . Scares the hell out of anyone near by.Ever repair person says we need a new one 20,000. To replace.it. They say it is difficult to fix. I think it's more that they do not know "how" to fix it.Vissemann Tec support says that it must have been installed not" level," and if it is not "level " it's not under warranty anymore! To make matters worse the company that we used to install it is now out of business.
If your in Ontario , please contact me. I and a architectural designer and have really pushed my clients into purchasing these boilers , but with the lack of support from this company , I'm not comfortable doing so anymore.

Johncbs's reply to Lorrainematlock's Comment

Written on: 13/09/2015

Sorry. I'm in Norfolk England.

“I'm looking for a combi boiler and been recommended a...”

Written on: 12/08/2014 by Yellowmini71 (1 review written)

I'm looking for a combi boiler and been recommended a Viessmann 111-w DHW are these any good I need help please it's the 35kw version… Read Full Review

Johncbs's Response to Yellowmini71's Review

Written on: 23/10/2014

Yep they are awesome for hot water.

“had boiler installed in 2008.first hose burst(flooding...”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by MaiaMcLean (1 review written)

had boiler installed in 2008.first hose burst(flooding my kitchen)in 2012.still under warranty the hose was replaced free of charge.the guy had to come back 2 weeks later to refit a grommet that he had left on top of the boiler.seccond hose burst may 2014.air valve leaking august 2014 engineer said system needs flushing and a magnaclean filter fitted,my installer says the system dont need flushing.they argued for the best part of an hour then left.looking to replace this boiler before one of… Read Full Review

Johncbs's Comment

Written on: 06/11/2014

Sounds like a terrible install, there is chemical flushing agent left in the system ! You're lucky the pump has not ceased up also.
none of these are the boilers fault.
bad installer.

Burn34's Comment

Written on: 15/01/2015

I am a gas installer i was fitting the viessmann 100 w in 2008 and i have had nothing but trouble with this boiler the rubber hoses are not fit for the job iv had at least 6 customers had to replace both hoses due to them busting, damaging the pcb as well as the mess it cause. we allways powerflush the heating system and magnaclean fitted as well fernox f1 inhibitor add but still problems with the hoses ,bust one to fix tomorrow viessmann just wash there hands and keep blaming the installer even under warrantry they would not send a engineer to fix them would send me the parts and expect me to fit them free off charge then in 2011 viessmann redesigned the 100 just tells me that alot off the problems have been down to the design,and the materials used

Stratty's Comment

Written on: 26/01/2015

nice to see there are honest installers out there.after 3 hose splits my installer said he had fitted loads of these boilers and never had any problems with split hoses.

Dazrickard's Comment

Written on: 01/02/2015

Strange then, as I have been fitting these boilers since 2007, no split hoses ever and I am still fitting these now.
I fit the 100w, 200w and the 200w commercial, all exceptional. I have had one dead PCB on a brand new boiler and that is it.
They update the boiler, but this was because it was due an update. Rubber hoses are still used in it. Combining the PRV and condensate was an excellent idea.