Veissmann Vitodens 100 Reviews

Veissmann Vitodens 100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Veissmann Vitodens 100

Veissmann Vitodens 100

“Veinsman Vitodens 200”

Written on: 03/11/2014 by Famousgrouse (1 review written)

our boiler was installed in September 2009. Initial issues relating to vibration through the pipes and excessive noise led to Viessmann attending who could not resolve the problem. Our fitter later installed a pressure relief valve that has reduced the vibration but not the noise, however the boiler needs constantly pressurising. On a separate occasion the boiler went into fault and when our installer stripped down the boiler, the burner was full of water that subsequently spilled out on to the… Read Full Review

Johncbs's Response to Famousgrouse's Review

Written on: 05/11/2014

I have never come across a vibration on a system especially a 200, and a pressure relief valve would only help if the system was running at a far too higher pressure than it should be.
The expansion vessel comes with a nitrogen charge when new and will last for 3-5 years, but should be maintained and checked very year. I assume this was not done. And therfore would cause the need to re-pressurise the system as you mentioned.

Brianthegasman's Response to Famousgrouse's Review

Written on: 10/12/2014

Combustion chamber full of water?
That is a service issue from not cleaning the trap or having adequate flow on condensate pipework. It is more common on boilers with aluminium heat exchangers TBH. Expansion vessel is a service issue too, the vibration through the boiler sounds due to high water pressure (requiring a pressure reducing valve) that is an installation issue. So given the issues you describe are external factors related to install and service, what do think of the boiler?

“Great with weather compensation”

Written on: 26/10/2014 by Ismael1947 (1 review written)

I've had a Vitodens 100 in my rental property for over seven years. It's never let me down. What more can I say it's a boiler and it works. By boiler prior was a baxi and lasted only two years… Read Full Review

“Great with weather compensation”

Written on: 24/10/2014 by andrew.millward (1 review written)

“I have fitted hundreds of these”

Written on: 23/10/2014 by johncbs (2 reviews written)

I am a totally honest man and would like to think that most people are. But reading some of these reviews I would doubt that they are! I own a company that specialises in the repair and installation of boilers, I know almost everything about the Viessmmann boiler rainge. I have only had one pipe split and that was due to a subcontractor not flushing the chemical out of a system correctly. Viessmann boilers are bullet proof and the 200 rainge are out of this world for reliability. We have… Read Full Review

“had boiler installed in 2008.first hose burst(flooding...”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by MaiaMcLean (1 review written)

had boiler installed in 2008.first hose burst(flooding my kitchen)in 2012.still under warranty the hose was replaced free of charge.the guy had to come back 2 weeks later to refit a grommet that he had left on top of the boiler.seccond hose burst may 2014.air valve leaking august 2014 engineer said system needs flushing and a magnaclean filter fitted,my installer says the system dont need flushing.they argued for the best part of an hour then left.looking to replace this boiler before one of… Read Full Review

Johncbs's Comment

Written on: 06/11/2014

Sounds like a terrible install, there is chemical flushing agent left in the system ! You're lucky the pump has not ceased up also.
none of these are the boilers fault.
bad installer.

“Rubber hose , bang splash”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by AbbyPollard475 (1 review written)

Watch out for the rubber hoses, they go with a bang!! 4 days to replace after Viessmann said they was not covered by the warranty even though system sound and clean. What a cop out, my installer managed to sort it for me? He will not fit any more after this shocking treatment to me the end user. … Read Full Review

Suedenymsecond's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2014

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. They refused to fit the hose under warranty and I have had to pay my installer to sort it out, even though I have a 3 year old boiler with a 5 year warranty! Customer service and aftersales care non-existent. Avoid Viessman at all costs they're great till they break down then they don't want to know.

“complete bag of -oo just a pile of scrap metal”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by Halled48 (1 review written)

I would not recommend to anyone flooded house again for the 4th time and I will say the last this bag of poo can go to hell cost more in repairs than the boiler itself and also the price of new roof downstairs so before I do that it can go and parts are a joke at least 2 weeks to get them never never again… Read Full Review

“Quiet efficient and worth the money”

Written on: 14/06/2014 by WalterFuller359 (1 review written)

My boiler was installed just over 2 years ago. Apart from a error in the wiring up by the plumber the boiler has worked without fault. I think this comes down to the quality of the installation. The annual service is quiet expensive but keeps the 5 year warranty in place. My only complaint would be that I would like the display back lit… Read Full Review

“Viessmann Vitodens 200-W Boiler with weather compensator.”

Written on: 12/04/2014 by Mirfielder (1 review written)

My Boiler was installed new in August 2008 and has been a constant source of trouble and I would never ever recommend this boiler to anyone, although sadly I did to my brother in 2009. Consequently he also installed this same model and has had worse problems than me and is now looking to scrap it after less than 5 years and replace with a different make. I had a major water leak which almost flooded the house when the plate heat exchanger body, which is only secured by a couple of screws… Read Full Review

“Never again a Viesman Boiler”

Written on: 25/03/2014 by Barney19449 (1 review written)

We have had our Vitodens 100 boiler for 8 years now and it has to be the worst pile of scrap metal I have come across. It was claimed it was one of the best boilers available blah blah blah but there hasn't been a year without faults or call outs. We are now on our 3rd Expansion Tank, our 2nd air pressure switch, our 2nd motherboard, our second airflow valve, our 2nd ignition electrode, our 2nd water pump and basically we have got a virtually new boiler. - if only! In 2010 we were without… Read Full Review

“Rubbish boiler”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by ScottishDispleased (1 review written)

I decided to replace my reliable but inefficient boiler with a new Viessman one - costing £3000. My house is now much colder than it ever was!! Viessman was extremely unhelpful- claimed that the boiler works well even though it is constantly turned up to its maximum. They blamed the 'environment' I am now having to pay another £1200 for new pipes with no guarantee that this will fix it. Don't buy one - typical German after service!… Read Full Review

“Viessmann Vitodens 100 WB1A series - Hamilton ON Canada”

Written on: 04/01/2014 by J.Birch (1 review written)

During this cold winter I have further come to appreciate Scott Bivand's January 2009 installation of our Viessmann Vitodens 100 ultra high efficiency boiler that heats our home. Scott and his dad completed the installation in less than one day converting our 1870 house from oil to gas, arranged the removal of the old boiler and oil tank and left the basement cleaner than when they found it. Their plumbing job is a work of art on its own. They also installed a Bradford White on demand domestic… Read Full Review

“Vitodens 100 WB1A ”

Written on: 21/12/2013 by Jack108 (1 review written)

when i Moved to new house, was fitted with this boiler, with 2 year warranty remain. had lots of trouble, lossing prasure no hotwater, no heating, I called independent engineer, he fix extra small exapantion tank, changed pump, elbow pipe, flow valve water pressure sensor,and serviced. no problem using for last two winter… Read Full Review

“Avoid like the plague”

Written on: 10/09/2013

I've had problems with this boiler for the last 4 years from the day it was installed. F2 / F5 and 0b errors. I've done everything Veissmann have suggested - Power Flushes, installation of Magnaclean and yet I still keep receiving these errors with a boiler that doesn't work. Veissmann have a long list of get-out-clauses they raise; E.g. it was the wrong type of PowerFlush etc. I am now looking to replace a new Veissmann boiler after less than 4 years with no help from Veissmann whatsoever… Read Full Review

Kingwilliams's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2013

I have had several issues with them as well since I installed the boiler in 2008.

They is often something wrong with it and I have been calling them out on average od 3 time per year. Now it is rediculous as I am having to pay them 250£ plus VAT to come out for a product that never realy worked. I think they have had to change every circuit board in it over the last 5 years. The the author above, I shall be replacing it and telling everyone I know, not to but this.

Written on: 24/11/2013

If you don't replace with a Viessmann then your using a lesser product!
If I install 40 + a year with 0% call back what does that mean? Either you have a Friday boiler or your installer was an idiot. Think I can assume the answer. You've named the boiler quickly, why not now name the installer? How do you know which is to blame? 9/10 installers do not power flush correctly.
Good luck with the new system.

Siteguru's Comment

Written on: 19/12/2013

If someone told me I MUST have a power flush I'd tell them to sling their hook. (That would be YOU, British Gas). It is only needed for old and/or really dirty systems. A magnetic filter is a better investment.

BUT ... I agree that Viessmann boilers (which are British not German) appear to be fine. (We've recently had one fitted).

Written on: 19/12/2013

sorry Viessmann are 100% German. Privately owned firm designed and manufactured in Allendorf. In UK we have Telford head quarters but all products are made in Germany and shipped here.

Siteguru's Comment

Written on: 20/12/2013

I'm only going by what MY installer told me <shrug>

"In UK we have Telford head quarters" ... I guess you must be a manufacturer's rep? :-)

Written on: 20/12/2013

No just a gas installer who's fitted Viessmann boiler for a long while. By 'we' I meant us lot in the UK ;)

Docholiday2's Comment

Written on: 03/05/2014

Veissmann boilers are highly sophisticated & highly energy efficient, however, they are dreadfully unreliable. I am on my second Veissmann boiler & both have cost me a lot in repairs. At the moment my boiler which was fitted new in 2008 is leaking again & has two faults. I do not mind spending money on an expensive unit if it is reliable but over the years I could have bought lots of cheaper, less efficient boilers for the same outlay & repair costs. I dare not risk another winter without heat so I am looking to replace rather than waste more money on repairs.The only good thing I can say about my boiler is that it has decided to breakdown in the summer when good deals will be available on a non- Veissmann replacement.

“Viessmann 100 W with weather compensation and Vitotrol 100”

Written on: 05/08/2013 by Trilogic1 (1 review written)

We have this boiler for nearly a year. It runs and runs. Just tested a heating run and cleaned the Magna Clean. Boiler heating came straight on.. It even has saved us money in this short period. People that write here that it is a piece of junk, they are lying through their teeth. Especially if you claim you had the boiler seven years and you can't EVEN SPELL VIESSMANN. Get a life, this boiler needs at least 4, 4,5 stars. We also have weather compensation and works flawless in cold weather… Read Full Review

Trilogic1's Response to Trilogic1's Review

Written on: 05/08/2013

Saved us £150 in the first 3 months.

Shj1's reply to Trilogic1's Comment

Written on: 24/06/2014

I have had my rotten boiler since 2008. My experience of its reliability is exactly the same as those of the people who complain about it. Not a year has passed that I have not had to call out a plumber at least three times (and that does not include the extortionately priced yearly servicing) because it has ceased to work.

Of course, the problem might not be with the boiler; it might be to do with stupid English plumbers. I am now attempting to persuade Viessmann to refer me to someone who will over-haul the boiler such that it becomes reliable. I somehow expect that there will be no response from Viessmann.

“Vitodens 100 WHEA”

Written on: 28/06/2013 by AlanJShaw (1 review written)

Boiler went wrong after seven and a half years always thought it was not working properly. Engineer arrived four times and finally declared a new boiler was needed and informed us it was a load of rubbish (his words not mine) even Veissmann could not help to diagnose what was wrong. I will never buy another Veissmann. All other boilers we have had have lasted at least 15 years… Read Full Review

Pupi05's Response to AlanJShaw's Review

Written on: 02/07/2013

ha ha couldn't agree more, I have this piece of junk, was sold it as an all singing all dancing superduper German boiler blah blah (installer saw me coming, i really do believe he had these as a job lot to get rid of onto the unsuspecting public), it has packed up too many times to mention, now it is out of its 5 year warranty and has packed up again today, less than 5 and a half years of use, am seriously thinking of replacing but my god this has made my blood boil. To be honest every time I have switched it on since installation I have held my breath to see if it works - sorry for venting but i am soooooo angry

Trilogic1's Response to AlanJShaw's Review

Written on: 05/08/2013

Seen this boiler on YouTube in very complex installations, never seen before in my life. If it was rubbish they would not do so. They must be reliable. Also this company has one of the biggest employment in Germany. We had a Vaillant before, even it did service, the last years when it worked it gave us huge deplorable bills and it was sometimes so hot inside the house, you sometimes needed to open the windows. Very uneconomic and not convenient.

“greatboiler”

Written on: 28/04/2013

very quiet boiler,reliable, going to buy 2 more… Read Full Review

“Best boilers on the domestic market ”

Written on: 29/03/2013

I've been installing Veissmann boilers for two years now and they are by far the best on the market. I previously fitted worcester bosch, but have found Veissmanns are more reliable and better made. No other manufacturer gives a 10 year guarantee on the heat exchanger. buy one now !!!… Read Full Review

Actionjack's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2013

Worcester-Bosch give a 10yr heat exchanger warranty on gas boilers, and 5yr warranty on oil. Also their spares are a lot cheaper than Viessman.

Written on: 24/11/2013

Unless you have a water softener as Worcester use aluminium, instead of quality Stainless.
Your right though I can get Worcester spares quite easily, good job as I fix loads of them!

Viessmann3's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2014

This person really knows what Viessmann stands for . I"ve been involved with the products for years and by far if installed correctly plus componets in the home like pumps and water pressures are correct they will never fail if set up correctly.

You have to take the time to set up properly check the system and the boiler will last forever.. They also have a 316 SS heat exchanger. The only system on the market that has that. JR

Yemili's Comment

Written on: 28/01/2014

It's really a great boiler than other. I already provide a superb service from last 4 years. I am facing a problem with this couple of months ago . That is over heating but this boiler company provide me a free service for repair this boiler. I am truly happy with their service.

Dianewoff's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2013

I've hAd this boiler just short of 5 years it's been a load of rubbish since the day it was installed,in just under 5 years it's had a replacement ignition switch which was to get the boiler working in the first place,18 months later a step motor ,then another 18 months on another step motor....it's now needs topping up everyday to get it to work at all...sick to death of it and don't say it has a 5 year warranty at the time I brought it it was only 3 year warranty ....that said you do expect a boiler to last longer then 5 years ...so people learn from my mistake and do not buy this boiler ..

“Veissman Vitrodens 100 System Boiler 3 years on.”

Written on: 13/03/2013

Her Majesty’s Government with their Boiler Trade in Scheme and the sneaking suspicion persuaded me to replace my perfectly functional but very inefficient (I know know) Portterton Kingfisher (Vintage 1973) with a new boiler. It was a hard decision as the Potterton worked fine and I was “used” to paying the gas bill. It was also a very simple boiler (Pump, Gas valve and Stat) so I was concerned about adding complexity. Doing my research it was clear that a stainless steel heat… Read Full Review

Stevekane's Comment

Written on: 17/11/2013

Excellent write up, esp as were still useing an old Potterton Kingfisher and are finding the gas bills very expensive, my big concern is the reliability of these modern boilers, I dont expect them to last the 30 or 40yrs of the old Pottertons, but there are so many tales of almost new boilers having to be dumped as unservicable, a shocking waste,,and no saving for those poor consumers. I looked at the Green Deal Scheme (though I would not use it) and it struck me that there are people who will get a new Combi Boiler fitted using one of the Green Deal loans, and who will be still paying for it years after its gone to the tip! But to return to the review, it was very intresting to hear that your bills are noticably smaller and I now might chance a new boiler.
Many thanks again,
Steve.

Markrocketman's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2013

Three years in and it has not put a foot (flame) wrong. I do have top it up every now and again. Which is as simple as turning a tap and watching a gauge. I guess one day that will be automated when the water companies review their regulations which prevent permanent connection to the water supply.

I really believe the key to long life in a modern boiler is a Stainless steel large bore heat exchanger and inhibitor when serviced.

I was genuinely surprised at the saving the Vitrodens 100 has given me....its a no brainer for me now.

Good luck with your deliberations
Mark

Markrocketman's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2013

Sorry that should be 4.5 years ... In

“Works well in Canada - no complaints here.”

Written on: 12/03/2013

Our Vitodens 100 with Combi-Plus gives us plenty of reliable heat and DHW, despite our cold winters. Paying for a quality installation really is the key. Our installers provided a 1-1/2" circulation loop with a low loss header, and the rads tie into this loop. The installers also created a distribution manifold that allows us to control every rad in the house from the boiler location. Given that we no longer have a hot water tank, we naturally have to wait a minute for the DHW, but once the… Read Full Review

Juliestockport's Comment

Written on: 16/03/2013

pleased with ours - it was fitted may 2012 and we think its great - plenty of hot water, rads warm instantly, had read a few bad reviews but so far no complaints from us and would recommend

Paulinekish's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

How large is your house. One company has recommended a Vitodens 1B-35 but another has recommended a Vitodens 2B-45. It's confusing!