Veissmann Vitodens 100 Reviews

Veissmann Vitodens 100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Veissmann Vitodens 100

Veissmann Vitodens 100

“Rubber hose , bang splash”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by AbbyPollard475 (1 review written)

Watch out for the rubber hoses, they go with a bang!! 4 days to replace after Viessmann said they was not covered by the warranty even though system sound and clean. What a cop out, my installer managed to sort it for me? He will not fit any more after this shocking treatment to me the end user. … Read Full Review

“complete bag of -oo just a pile of scrap metal”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by Halled48 (1 review written)

I would not recommend to anyone flooded house again for the 4th time and I will say the last this bag of poo can go to hell cost more in repairs than the boiler itself and also the price of new roof downstairs so before I do that it can go and parts are a joke at least 2 weeks to get them never never again… Read Full Review

“Johnb222”

Written on: 27/06/2014 by 53Sanders (1 review written)

hi!,I love your writing so much! share we communicate more approximately your post on AOL? I need an expert in this space to resolve my problem. Maybe that's you! Looking forward to peer you. bcddadcgecbg… Read Full Review

“Quiet efficient and worth the money”

Written on: 14/06/2014 by WalterFuller359 (1 review written)

My boiler was installed just over 2 years ago. Apart from a error in the wiring up by the plumber the boiler has worked without fault. I think this comes down to the quality of the installation. The annual service is quiet expensive but keeps the 5 year warranty in place. My only complaint would be that I would like the display back lit… Read Full Review

“Viessmann Vitodens 200-W Boiler with weather compensator.”

Written on: 12/04/2014 by Mirfielder (1 review written)

My Boiler was installed new in August 2008 and has been a constant source of trouble and I would never ever recommend this boiler to anyone, although sadly I did to my brother in 2009. Consequently he also installed this same model and has had worse problems than me and is now looking to scrap it after less than 5 years and replace with a different make. I had a major water leak which almost flooded the house when the plate heat exchanger body, which is only secured by a couple of screws… Read Full Review

“Never again a Viesman Boiler”

Written on: 25/03/2014 by Barney19449 (1 review written)

We have had our Vitodens 100 boiler for 8 years now and it has to be the worst pile of scrap metal I have come across. It was claimed it was one of the best boilers available blah blah blah but there hasn't been a year without faults or call outs. We are now on our 3rd Expansion Tank, our 2nd air pressure switch, our 2nd motherboard, our second airflow valve, our 2nd ignition electrode, our 2nd water pump and basically we have got a virtually new boiler. - if only! In 2010 we were without… Read Full Review

“Rubbish boiler”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by ScottishDispleased (1 review written)

I decided to replace my reliable but inefficient boiler with a new Viessman one - costing £3000. My house is now much colder than it ever was!! Viessman was extremely unhelpful- claimed that the boiler works well even though it is constantly turned up to its maximum. They blamed the 'environment' I am now having to pay another £1200 for new pipes with no guarantee that this will fix it. Don't buy one - typical German after service!… Read Full Review

“Viessmann Vitodens 100 WB1A series - Hamilton ON Canada”

Written on: 04/01/2014 by J.Birch (1 review written)

During this cold winter I have further come to appreciate Scott Bivand's January 2009 installation of our Viessmann Vitodens 100 ultra high efficiency boiler that heats our home. Scott and his dad completed the installation in less than one day converting our 1870 house from oil to gas, arranged the removal of the old boiler and oil tank and left the basement cleaner than when they found it. Their plumbing job is a work of art on its own. They also installed a Bradford White on demand domestic… Read Full Review

“Vitodens 100 WB1A ”

Written on: 21/12/2013 by Jack108 (1 review written)

when i Moved to new house, was fitted with this boiler, with 2 year warranty remain. had lots of trouble, lossing prasure no hotwater, no heating, I called independent engineer, he fix extra small exapantion tank, changed pump, elbow pipe, flow valve water pressure sensor,and serviced. no problem using for last two winter… Read Full Review

“Avoid like the plague”

Written on: 10/09/2013

I've had problems with this boiler for the last 4 years from the day it was installed. F2 / F5 and 0b errors. I've done everything Veissmann have suggested - Power Flushes, installation of Magnaclean and yet I still keep receiving these errors with a boiler that doesn't work. Veissmann have a long list of get-out-clauses they raise; E.g. it was the wrong type of PowerFlush etc. I am now looking to replace a new Veissmann boiler after less than 4 years with no help from Veissmann whatsoever… Read Full Review

Kingwilliams's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2013

I have had several issues with them as well since I installed the boiler in 2008.

They is often something wrong with it and I have been calling them out on average od 3 time per year. Now it is rediculous as I am having to pay them 250£ plus VAT to come out for a product that never realy worked. I think they have had to change every circuit board in it over the last 5 years. The the author above, I shall be replacing it and telling everyone I know, not to but this.

Written on: 24/11/2013

If you don't replace with a Viessmann then your using a lesser product!
If I install 40 + a year with 0% call back what does that mean? Either you have a Friday boiler or your installer was an idiot. Think I can assume the answer. You've named the boiler quickly, why not now name the installer? How do you know which is to blame? 9/10 installers do not power flush correctly.
Good luck with the new system.

Written on: 19/12/2013

If someone told me I MUST have a power flush I'd tell them to sling their hook. (That would be YOU, British Gas). It is only needed for old and/or really dirty systems. A magnetic filter is a better investment.

BUT ... I agree that Viessmann boilers (which are British not German) appear to be fine. (We've recently had one fitted).

Written on: 19/12/2013

sorry Viessmann are 100% German. Privately owned firm designed and manufactured in Allendorf. In UK we have Telford head quarters but all products are made in Germany and shipped here.

Written on: 20/12/2013

I'm only going by what MY installer told me <shrug>

"In UK we have Telford head quarters" ... I guess you must be a manufacturer's rep? :-)

Written on: 20/12/2013

No just a gas installer who's fitted Viessmann boiler for a long while. By 'we' I meant us lot in the UK ;)

Docholiday2's Comment

Written on: 03/05/2014

Veissmann boilers are highly sophisticated & highly energy efficient, however, they are dreadfully unreliable. I am on my second Veissmann boiler & both have cost me a lot in repairs. At the moment my boiler which was fitted new in 2008 is leaking again & has two faults. I do not mind spending money on an expensive unit if it is reliable but over the years I could have bought lots of cheaper, less efficient boilers for the same outlay & repair costs. I dare not risk another winter without heat so I am looking to replace rather than waste more money on repairs.The only good thing I can say about my boiler is that it has decided to breakdown in the summer when good deals will be available on a non- Veissmann replacement.

“Viessmann 100 W with weather compensation and Vitotrol 100”

Written on: 05/08/2013 by Trilogic1 (1 review written)

We have this boiler for nearly a year. It runs and runs. Just tested a heating run and cleaned the Magna Clean. Boiler heating came straight on.. It even has saved us money in this short period. People that write here that it is a piece of junk, they are lying through their teeth. Especially if you claim you had the boiler seven years and you can't EVEN SPELL VIESSMANN. Get a life, this boiler needs at least 4, 4,5 stars. We also have weather compensation and works flawless in cold weather… Read Full Review

Trilogic1's Response to Trilogic1's Review

Written on: 05/08/2013

Saved us £150 in the first 3 months.

Shj1's reply to Trilogic1's Comment

Written on: 24/06/2014

I have had my rotten boiler since 2008. My experience of its reliability is exactly the same as those of the people who complain about it. Not a year has passed that I have not had to call out a plumber at least three times (and that does not include the extortionately priced yearly servicing) because it has ceased to work.

Of course, the problem might not be with the boiler; it might be to do with stupid English plumbers. I am now attempting to persuade Viessmann to refer me to someone who will over-haul the boiler such that it becomes reliable. I somehow expect that there will be no response from Viessmann.

“Vitodens 100 WHEA”

Written on: 28/06/2013 by AlanJShaw (1 review written)

Boiler went wrong after seven and a half years always thought it was not working properly. Engineer arrived four times and finally declared a new boiler was needed and informed us it was a load of rubbish (his words not mine) even Veissmann could not help to diagnose what was wrong. I will never buy another Veissmann. All other boilers we have had have lasted at least 15 years… Read Full Review

Pupi05's Response to AlanJShaw's Review

Written on: 02/07/2013

ha ha couldn't agree more, I have this piece of junk, was sold it as an all singing all dancing superduper German boiler blah blah (installer saw me coming, i really do believe he had these as a job lot to get rid of onto the unsuspecting public), it has packed up too many times to mention, now it is out of its 5 year warranty and has packed up again today, less than 5 and a half years of use, am seriously thinking of replacing but my god this has made my blood boil. To be honest every time I have switched it on since installation I have held my breath to see if it works - sorry for venting but i am soooooo angry

Trilogic1's Response to AlanJShaw's Review

Written on: 05/08/2013

Seen this boiler on YouTube in very complex installations, never seen before in my life. If it was rubbish they would not do so. They must be reliable. Also this company has one of the biggest employment in Germany. We had a Vaillant before, even it did service, the last years when it worked it gave us huge deplorable bills and it was sometimes so hot inside the house, you sometimes needed to open the windows. Very uneconomic and not convenient.

“greatboiler”

Written on: 28/04/2013

very quiet boiler,reliable, going to buy 2 more… Read Full Review

“Best boilers on the domestic market ”

Written on: 29/03/2013

I've been installing Veissmann boilers for two years now and they are by far the best on the market. I previously fitted worcester bosch, but have found Veissmanns are more reliable and better made. No other manufacturer gives a 10 year guarantee on the heat exchanger. buy one now !!!… Read Full Review

Actionjack's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2013

Worcester-Bosch give a 10yr heat exchanger warranty on gas boilers, and 5yr warranty on oil. Also their spares are a lot cheaper than Viessman.

Written on: 24/11/2013

Unless you have a water softener as Worcester use aluminium, instead of quality Stainless.
Your right though I can get Worcester spares quite easily, good job as I fix loads of them!

Viessmann3's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2014

This person really knows what Viessmann stands for . I"ve been involved with the products for years and by far if installed correctly plus componets in the home like pumps and water pressures are correct they will never fail if set up correctly.

You have to take the time to set up properly check the system and the boiler will last forever.. They also have a 316 SS heat exchanger. The only system on the market that has that. JR

Yemili's Comment

Written on: 28/01/2014

It's really a great boiler than other. I already provide a superb service from last 4 years. I am facing a problem with this couple of months ago . That is over heating but this boiler company provide me a free service for repair this boiler. I am truly happy with their service.

Dianewoff's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2013

I've hAd this boiler just short of 5 years it's been a load of rubbish since the day it was installed,in just under 5 years it's had a replacement ignition switch which was to get the boiler working in the first place,18 months later a step motor ,then another 18 months on another step motor....it's now needs topping up everyday to get it to work at all...sick to death of it and don't say it has a 5 year warranty at the time I brought it it was only 3 year warranty ....that said you do expect a boiler to last longer then 5 years ...so people learn from my mistake and do not buy this boiler ..

“Veissman Vitrodens 100 System Boiler 3 years on.”

Written on: 13/03/2013

Her Majesty’s Government with their Boiler Trade in Scheme and the sneaking suspicion persuaded me to replace my perfectly functional but very inefficient (I know know) Portterton Kingfisher (Vintage 1973) with a new boiler. It was a hard decision as the Potterton worked fine and I was “used” to paying the gas bill. It was also a very simple boiler (Pump, Gas valve and Stat) so I was concerned about adding complexity. Doing my research it was clear that a stainless steel heat… Read Full Review

Stevekane's Comment

Written on: 17/11/2013

Excellent write up, esp as were still useing an old Potterton Kingfisher and are finding the gas bills very expensive, my big concern is the reliability of these modern boilers, I dont expect them to last the 30 or 40yrs of the old Pottertons, but there are so many tales of almost new boilers having to be dumped as unservicable, a shocking waste,,and no saving for those poor consumers. I looked at the Green Deal Scheme (though I would not use it) and it struck me that there are people who will get a new Combi Boiler fitted using one of the Green Deal loans, and who will be still paying for it years after its gone to the tip! But to return to the review, it was very intresting to hear that your bills are noticably smaller and I now might chance a new boiler.
Many thanks again,
Steve.

Markrocketman's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2013

Three years in and it has not put a foot (flame) wrong. I do have top it up every now and again. Which is as simple as turning a tap and watching a gauge. I guess one day that will be automated when the water companies review their regulations which prevent permanent connection to the water supply.

I really believe the key to long life in a modern boiler is a Stainless steel large bore heat exchanger and inhibitor when serviced.

I was genuinely surprised at the saving the Vitrodens 100 has given me....its a no brainer for me now.

Good luck with your deliberations
Mark

Markrocketman's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2013

Sorry that should be 4.5 years ... In

“Works well in Canada - no complaints here.”

Written on: 12/03/2013

Our Vitodens 100 with Combi-Plus gives us plenty of reliable heat and DHW, despite our cold winters. Paying for a quality installation really is the key. Our installers provided a 1-1/2" circulation loop with a low loss header, and the rads tie into this loop. The installers also created a distribution manifold that allows us to control every rad in the house from the boiler location. Given that we no longer have a hot water tank, we naturally have to wait a minute for the DHW, but once the… Read Full Review

Juliestockport's Comment

Written on: 16/03/2013

pleased with ours - it was fitted may 2012 and we think its great - plenty of hot water, rads warm instantly, had read a few bad reviews but so far no complaints from us and would recommend

Paulinekish's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

How large is your house. One company has recommended a Vitodens 1B-35 but another has recommended a Vitodens 2B-45. It's confusing!

“Viessmann Boilers”

Written on: 06/03/2013 by JCook (1 review written)

Have just had installed a Viessmann Vitodens 200_W 35KW system boiler with 300 litre Viessmann tank complete with Weather compensation system and it works First class - no issues with it - the control unit is fairly straight forward and simple to use. In addition I have three rented properties all with new Viessmann systems - 2 combi and 1 system and no reported issues or problems. They are well engineered and cannot fault customer service support as had a simple query which I was passed on to… Read Full Review

Juliestockport's Response to JCook's Review

Written on: 16/03/2013

delighted with our viessmann - would recommend.

“excellent ”

Written on: 16/02/2013 by jim.2007 (1 review written)

After my old boiler let me down it was time to spend some pennies on a new one..A friend who moved away who is a plumber for BG gave me 3 good boilers to go for, I decided to go for the more expensive german Veissman 35kw as 1, it's German and so will be over engineered! And 2, after reading up on it, it had a unique internal componant that no one else could make and therefore patent apparently. I rang a local plumber and he used to work for british gas, bye chance he only fits these boilers… Read Full Review

“AVOID VIESSMANN”

Written on: 06/02/2013

TOTAL DISASTER. The boiler never worked properly due to DESIGN FAULTS which cause valves to stick. Boiler still within their 5 year warranty period yet Viessmann won't even reply. That is the sort of company you will be dealing with if you install one of their boilers. TRADING STANDARDS INFORMED. DISGRACEFUL!… Read Full Review

Martinlowe's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2013

You don't have the current Viessmann model. Infact there has been 2 more completely different models over the last 5 years that have taken over from yours.
The model you have is the first one they ever produced for the UK market, the WB1A, which had its faults. A few years later they brought out the WB1B model which is excellent and now they have just brough out the WB1C which again is outstanding.
The current boilers are way better than the competition. People want to hear reviews about the current models available.

Written on: 21/02/2013

People want to know what sort of company they are dealing with; in this case one with a history of failing to deal with complaints and failing to rectify or replace their faulty-designed boilers still within their so-called 5 year guarantee period.
AVOID.

Written on: 22/02/2013

Thats a pity you have had a bad experience with them, I have installed all other big house hold brands over the years. I can honestly say that Viessmann are the best engineered item.

Written on: 25/02/2013

It's not just me that's had a bad experience.
Only 43% of users here would recommend them.
They rate the boilers only two point seven out of five.
Have a breakdown and Viessmann will do everything it can to wriggle out of the Guarantee including just ignoring you and hoping you'll go away.
Installers don't get to see that side of this disgraceful company.

Written on: 26/02/2013

You install them. Customers have to live with them, and their irritating design faults.
If only 43% of customers are satisfied, I'm not the only one with a bad experience. A rating of only 2.7 out of 5 confirms this.
But worse than this is that Viessmann won't honour warranty claims when they do go wrong.

Written on: 26/02/2013

Your correct and thats why I said its a pity you have had a bad experience. I have heard others mention poor customer service also, there is no excuse for that.
If you had brought one of the last two models and had a good installer you would not have had to call Viessmann at all and you would be giving them 5 out of 5 purely based on ultra reliable well engineered systems.
Most other bad reviews are down to poor installs, infact if you look at other big boiler brands Vaillant included not any of them score above 3 out of 5. Most are dirty systems or bad customer service. Other thing to remember is most satisfied customers don't bother coming on these forums.
I wouldn't install anything else, but as you say I dont have customer experience so I can't vouch for that. All I know is if one of my customers needed a warranty visit I would be dealing with it as I tell them to call me.

Sgys04110's Comment

Written on: 21/03/2013

Just reading your comment, reading between the line it seem that you don't have a viesmanns boiler at home if that is the case then having one installed in your home would be a better endorcement than just saying they are better, I have had a viesmann vitoden 100 for some years now and have had faults constantly for that time German Vorsprung durch technik; I dont think so.

Richaerdhg's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2013

People want to hear about the kind of support they are going to get when their boiler goes bad. You acknowledge that their first model was rubbish, so your suggestion is that this customer pay for a new boiler because Viessmann sold him a rubbish product in the first place?

You sound like you work for the company.

Viessmann3's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2014

Ive read your review. Ive been installing these for years plus other brands. Viessmann by far is the best if set up correctly you will never have a issue plus like any other system you must service the boilers every other year.

If your valave are sticking it must be the installer has the temp t high or the valaves out side of the system must sticking like your fill valve or bleeder valaves which ar not anything to do with your system.

Viessmann also has a tech line in RI plus Canada that can be reached directly We contact them at times right from a job site if we have questions on set up or a control

JR

Written on: 24/03/2013

Viessmann don't claim to lead the way in technology, thats AUDI.
Like it or not Viessmann are way ahead in technology and engineering over other brands.
I am not 'just saying they are better' I have many many of them fitted out there in my local area. Trust me if any of them suddenly had no heating or hot water they would be on the phone to me immediatley. Fact is they don't, next time I see them will be on the yearly service. I have a choice to fit any boiler I want for them. Most manufactures offer very lucrative incentives to get us to fit their boilers, Viessmann don't, they don't need to. So why do I fit them? Because they don't break down if fitted professionally. Thats what I need, no breakdowns and no call backs, just satisfied customers.
Oh and to help you read between the lines, yes I do have one in my own home. Plus there are another two in my families homes. So why are these all so reliable and yours not? Think we all know why.

Fattycathy's Comment

Written on: 15/03/2013

I want to agree with you. We had a Viessmann installed and it never worked from day one. Cost us a lot of money and the Veissmann service team blamed everything but the boiler. Dirty radiator filters, lime scale, you name it. Veissmann after sales service non existent. We even took out an extra years guarantee for £190 and had them come to fix it. It broke down again the next day. They refused to come out to look at it, in spite of the guarantee.

We have now given in and bought a new boiler inspite of the Viessemann only being 33 months old. A British one which hopefully will work.

Written on: 19/12/2013

Despite the name, Viessmann boilers ARE British. They're made in England, Telford to be precise.

“F2 AND F5 PROBLEMS AND ERROR CODES”

Written on: 20/01/2013 by carlorhino (1 review written)

Got this boiler in 2006 with 2 years warranty. Had major problems in 2011 with error code F2 and it was the computer faulty. Veissman said it would costs me 200 pounds to complete the repair: the computer only was 450 pounds on his own and too expenseve for local tech guy. In 2012 I had another problem F5 and called tech out twice to change valve switch faulty but got same problem again for 3rd time in 2 weeks. I am glad i got contract with british gas homecare 100 or i would be paying too much… Read Full Review