Veissmann Vitodens 100 Reviews

Veissmann Vitodens 100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Veissmann Vitodens 100

Veissmann Vitodens 100

“Not at all impressed”

Written on: 14/01/2017 by Koenl395 (1 review written)

Not long after moving into our property we have had our boiler break down on Christmas eve, Due to the time period we were without heating till the start of Jan. The heating and hot water just stopped. No faults came on the system and our heating engineer advised a new motherboard, which was fitted. At first it still did not work again and baffled the engineer, who did in the end get it working after several phone calls. All was well for 10 days and the fault has now came back again. So cold… Read Full Review

“Reliably unreliable”

Written on: 24/11/2016 by conductivity (1 review written)

About the only thing you can rely on is that it is going to let you down. Regularly. Repeated faults, where it just refuses to flame up - and this is definitely the boiler's fault, not the thermostat or water pressure. One frequent failure is "F5", which is reputed to be due to a flap in the air circuit sticking. The flap seems to be totally unnecessary but we are not allowed to remove it. Don't buy a Viessmann - anything else must be better. … Read Full Review

Bethvie's Response to conductivity's Review

Written on: 25/11/2016

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review this product. Can we ask that you ask your engineer to contact our technical team, where we will be more than happy to help you with this issue. Thanks, Beth - Viessmann marketing team

Johncbs's Response to conductivity's Review

Written on: 06/12/2016

Hi I am a viessmann specialist the model you are speaking of must be the wb1a, that means the boiler is 8 years plus. I am surprised you are getting this fault as the flap was removed or modified 6 years ago. Obviously no viessmann specialist has seen that boiler for 6 years plus. That could be more the issue.

“Viessmann Vitodens heat only boiler”

Written on: 22/05/2016 by Lardy1uk (4 reviews written)

We have installed over 100 of the Viessmann compact heat only boilers & have had one failure which was a duff combustion fan, this was dealt with promptly by Viessmanns own in house service engineer. This boiler uses there own designed & manufactures Inox-radial stainless steel heat exchanger which has a 10 year warranty. It should be noted that this heat exchanger is a "Full stainless steel" heat exchanger & not a cheaper (?) "Composite and stainless steel" heat exchanger as used by other… Read Full Review

Salim786's Response to Lardy1uk's Review

Written on: 25/06/2016

Yes, I agree with your above views on the materials used in the combi boilers, I did enquire about this with viessmann, prior to getting 5 boilers fitted, and they assured me as to the longevity of the components/reliability of the boilers, 5years on and no problems to report, anyway most boilers brands use the black plastic water housing, hence me purchasing viessmann, incidentally this same material has been used for over 20years in cars successfully and only cracking or leaking after 10+years , hope this helps!

“Fab”

Written on: 08/05/2016 by Websterlv1970 (1 review written)

Far superior than any other boiler, if you have a Viessmann installed by an accediated Viessmann installer you will be offered an extended warranty for ten years. I have had my current boiler for three years, my gas bill reduced considerably after I had it installed. It his boiler knocks the socks off my last boiler… Read Full Review

“No problems :)”

Written on: 29/04/2016 by LesterBailey (3 reviews written)

Three years ago I moved into a house with a Veissman boiler and have had no trouble with it whatsoever. It's easy to use, good controls and everything's very logical. I had the boiler checked and serviced before the winter really started - the maintenance guy gave it a thorough going over and replaced something small which didn't cost very much. The boiler has worked well again over the winter, keeping the house warm. This is a great boiler - compact so it doesn't take up laods of space and… Read Full Review

“Problem prone”

Written on: 11/04/2016 by Hudsonp52 (1 review written)

Bought house with 4 year old Veissmann 100 boiler and have owned for a further 5 years. Heat exchanger prone to blockage so plumbers have to remove and acid treat every couple of years. Pressure relief valve failed, internal expansion failed, mystery losses of system pressures. Plumbers seem to love them (either due to easy maintenance or constant stream of work). Wish I had a Bosch Worcester… Read Full Review

Jpine's Comment

Written on: 13/04/2016

You wouldn't want a Worcester ! More blocked heat cells & plate heat exchangers than they know what to do with. Ask any of there service engineers. To be fare as you have found out any boiler will block if connected incorrectly to a dirty heating system. Its not the boilers fault but the idiot installer !

Machbow's Comment

Written on: 25/11/2016

Since writing this review the Vitodens boiler has stopped supplying central heating altogether. Plumbers don't want to look at - only replace. not sure what is wrong possibly control board failure, blockage or outlet valve. Have decided to replace to get away from Veismann unreliability.

Magicmarklukeandjohn's Comment

Written on: 25/11/2016

Re-pressurising the internal expansion vessel is a task during annual service. If the boiler isn't being serviced annually or the cylinder not being pressurised then the symptoms Described above will occur. These are maintenance related and not product quality issues.

“Excellent boiler, excellent value”

Written on: 09/01/2016 by ImmanuelBishop366 (1 review written)

Have had our Vitodens 100 for 2 years now and could not be happier with it. It runs so quietly it is remarkable. Very efficient, I reduced my heating costs to less than half what I paid to run my old oil fired boiler. Also should mention that the physical size of the Vitodens is very small, compact. I gained a whole new room when I got rid of the old boiler. To me, the only downside might be the initial cost - it is not cheap by any means. Wish I had added the DHW Combi unit at time of install… Read Full Review

“Well engineered quality boiler ”

Written on: 17/12/2015 by Salim786 (1 review written)

I'm just finishing the installation of my third viessmann 100 boiler, and am very impressed with the performance of the boilers, the first one is nearly 5years old now and has been absolutely superb and reliable,and impressively quiet, it's in a studio flat and cannot be heard at all in operation and heats all the rads hot in less than 5 minutes , once heated it modulates down to a whisper quiet tick over, the gas bill has dropped around 50% compared to the previously fitted Worcester Bosch… Read Full Review

“fantastic ”

Written on: 07/12/2015 by ecConrad166 (1 review written)

Running the 26kw model, being used in a family home now 4yrs , no services either it's quite ,smart looking and well built. Fit these and forget… Read Full Review

“Veissmann 100 closed system boiler - all good”

Written on: 21/11/2015 by ldWilliams330 (1 review written)

We've had this boiler for two years without a problem - although the wireless thermostat (standard version) is not the easiest to use or understand . The benefit of this boiler - closed system- is that everything is contained in the boiler itself- we had a pressure cylinder 'megaflow' installed recently for the loft conversion and the plumber was surprised that we didn't have an external pump etc that is usual with the Bosch systems, Everything was installed smoothly and the boiler works well… Read Full Review

“Very Impressive Boiler”

Written on: 21/10/2015 by HULLASH (1 review written)

Vitodens 100-W 30kw I was a little sceptcal about this combination boiler after reading many poor reviews on this site, however this as been installed for 14 months and i'm very impressed with the efficiency of the boiler, helping drive my gas bill down to only £65 a month (3 bed semi) The boiler was installed onto a newly piped system a mixture of copper and plastic pipe. A scale inhibitor and Magnaclean filter was installed and the full system cleaned by a powerflush. The gas pipe had to… Read Full Review

“Waste of money”

Written on: 20/10/2015 by sophiejo1 (1 review written)

I have lost count, in the six years since I have had this boiler, how often I have had to call out a plumber because it has simply cut out. It has just cut out again tonight, for no apparent reason: I had it on all day, then suddenly felt cold. The radiators were stone cold. Once again, it has lost pressure. Now I am without heating or hot water -- again. No amount of complaining to the Viessmann has drawn a response, so I have ceased to pursue that line. I am looking forward to throwing this… Read Full Review

Heat247's Response to sophiejo1's Review

Written on: 07/11/2015

You are associating this fault with the boiler but the boiler is correctly going into safety mode to protect itself from damage. Pressure loss is usually a problem with leaks elsewhere on the system, if these leaks are not obvious ie. radiator valves and visual pipework then it may be under flooring or behind studded walls. Replacing the boiler will not resolve this and you need to get a tradesman willing to help you find and resolve these leaks. I have been fitting Viessmann boilers for many years and very rarely have any complaints from customers. I hope this helps and you save yourself the expense of fitting a new boiler unnecessarily.

Sophiejo1's reply to Heat247's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2015

Thank you for your advice, Heat247. I am in a flat, so if there are leaks in my pipes, the people in the flat under mine would be complaining. In any case, my plumbing was entirely new, put in specifically to accommodate the Viessmann.

There is one hope, though: My present (Viessmann-trained) plumber will raise the level of the taps that serve the boiler. (At present those taps are close to the floor, and behind my very heavy washing machine. So I cannot get at them.) He tells me that simply turning the taps off when pressure fails, then back on again, will get the boiler started.

Anyway, I am heartened by your opinion. Thank you.

“6 years-3 circuit boards-4 exchange units-now beyond...”

Written on: 13/10/2015 by swCoyle444 (1 review written)

Thanks for nothing Viessman. Stress & expense and repeated winter breakdowns. The boiler and the owner. Leaks. Never could rely on it working. What a complete waste of money… Read Full Review

“For sure it's the best boiler you can buy for still a...”

Written on: 04/10/2015 by McGregor490 (1 review written)

For sure it's the best boiler you can buy for still a good price,but not the cheapest.sandrine cazaux montreal quebec canada… Read Full Review

“Prince Edward Island Canada”

Written on: 29/08/2015 by Gaspereaux (1 review written)

Hi, we are building a new home, 1,400 sq. ft., on a slab, on the water, facing north on the island of PEI (the smallest Province of Canada pop. 140,000). It can be very cold in the winter and we do have high winds. My spouse is allergic to wood stoves, we are going with in-floor radiant heating ans a propane fire place. We do not have natural gas on the island and we import everything (oil & electricity). We pay the highest rates of electricity in Canada (15.9 cents per kwh). Oil sells for… Read Full Review

Dthomso1's Response to Gaspereaux's Review

Written on: 06/01/2016

I live in SW Ontario in a 2000 sq. ft. log home - and log homes are drafty! I have had a Vitodens 100 gas fired boiler for the past 2 years and I could not be happier with it. It is unbelievably quiet and costs less than half of what my old oil fired boiler cost to run. The only trouble I have had was I once let the batteries go dead in my wall thermostat which shut down the boiler. Put fresh batteries in and it fired back up.
By the way, ON has you beat on electricity costs - as of this month the peak rate goes over 19 cents per KwH!

Dthomso1's Response to Gaspereaux's Review

Written on: 06/01/2016

“Installed one year ago and I'm impressed.”

Written on: 23/05/2015 by glen5000 (1 review written)

I have to agree the v-100 is a good boiler and worth the money! I replaced a wood/electric boiler with a nat. gas v100 and have cut my heating costs by 50 per cent with no problems so far. If your considering having one installed find a good fitter that has had experience with this product and dont cheap out on the installation… Read Full Review

“Great boiler and well built ”

Written on: 06/04/2015 by abcgascare (2 reviews written)

Loads bad revue on this but its about correct install and some one bitching the price install thats not the boilers fault . 5 year parts labour pay about £200 get 10 year no brainier. Again my favorite its spacious inside easy to work on I like it . But you need a filter eg Magnaclean 2 budget £100 for extra life and energy saving 6% , I will not fit any boiler with out one rubbish or a diamond . My top list is Viessmann Vaillant Baxi duotec , budget Heatline Capriz plus . not on my list… Read Full Review

“ok for first 24 months, numerous faults after”

Written on: 03/02/2015

boiler was fitted as advised by our local heating engineer, personally wanted a Worcester but was talked into having this instead. great for the first 2 years, then twice in 6 months the hose has burst emptying the water from the boiler all over the floor on my airing cupboard and through the floor. not impressed. wish I had insisted on the Worcester now!… Read Full Review

Speartomcat's Comment

Written on: 12/12/2016

Hi,
The only reason the hoses fail is due to system cleanser being left in the system water from when it was installed. It is imperative that all traces of cleanser are removed (as they should have been if the system was correctly flushed). Until you change your system water then I am afraid your hoses may continue to fail. Viessmann engineer

“My Biggest House Related Mistake”

Written on: 02/02/2015 by Gerfus (1 review written)

I replaced my oil boiler with a propane Vitodens 100 with a Combi kit. I have hot water baseboard heating. My old system would heat the house in minutes. It now takes several hours to heat the house up a couple of degrees. (I no longer turn down the thermostat when I leave the house through the day). I have an auto thermostat on one zone, it will not get back up to temperature either so I no longer reduce the temperature with it. I get complaints about "no hot water" from everyone visiting my… Read Full Review

Dazrickard's Response to Gerfus's Review

Written on: 14/02/2015

un plug the weather sensor, and turn the heating dial upto 6 on the front of the boiler. This will give you 75 degree flow temp, same as your old boiler.

Simple.

“Avoid Viessmann boilers”

Written on: 05/11/2014

I have now owned a Viessmann boiler for over 6 years. I am very disatissfied with this product and would go as far to say that it simply is not fit for purpose. I have had a number of parts changed throughout its relatively short life and for a model that cost me approx. £2200.00 it certainly is not a good example. This ownership experience has certainly left me feeling disappointed and very annoyed and unfortunatly I simply cannot recommend this product. My advice as an honest homeowner would… Read Full Review

Johncbs's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2015

Hi I am an installer and we have fitted over 300 of these in the last 5 years and I can say with hand on heart your installer must be terrible or you work for Worcester because I cannot begin to think what could go wrong with these boilers.

Lee57's Comment

Written on: 26/07/2016

join the club, mines always packing up. installed by a good plumber, water scale treatment, magnacleanse etc, serviced yearly. rubbish, expensive waste of money.