Matsui M22DVDB19 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Matsui M22DVDB19 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Matsui M22DVDB19

Matsui M22DVDB19

“Had no problem with both TVs I own. One of the best...”

Written on: 20/12/2010

Had no problem with both TVs I own. One of the best features that I only came across by chance was that if you plug a USB stick in the back you suddenly have recordable TV! Bonus. So we can record prrogrammes using one of the TVs in the bedroom now!
For the money you can't really complain about any of the shortcomings listed elsewhere… Read Full Review

Matsui M22DVDB19

“The DVD player worked fine for about 13 months then...”

Written on: 10/08/2010

The DVD player worked fine for about 13 months then packed in. Will not read discs or even realise that one is in. HAve had the back off but 'no serviceable user parts' inside so cant fix myself. Its also asembled in a way that makes taking the dvd unit out/apart would risk breaking other parts (screen etc). It looks as if the mech for moving the read head has gone faulty. HAve asked about for some quotes to fix but usually in excess of £20-£30 and can buy a new dvd unit from Asda for less so… Read Full Review

Pcwiz11's Comment

Written on: 20/08/2010

Unfortunately it's a common problem with DVD Players built into TVs that they fail after a year of use. Isn't it convenient that they break just after the warranty expires? Anyway buying a new DVD player is definitely the best option.

Matsui M22DVDB19

“If you want to have TV freeview, DVD and HD, this...”

Written on: 07/08/2010

If you want to have TV freeview, DVD and HD, this package is fantastic value for money. The screen quality is brilliant, in fact better than some I have seen at triple the price!!!

Its packed full of features, more than the average user will ever need. If you want a great all round product, then this is the package for you. Its our main TV, we watch lots of films and sport, and its really out performed our expectations.

Ours didn't pick up more than the basic freeview channels (probably our… Read Full Review

Matsui M22DVDB19

“I bought this tv in June for my bedroom. It is perfect...”

Written on: 03/07/2010

I bought this tv in June for my bedroom. It is perfect size for me at a viewing distance of around 1 - 2 meters. Below I will explain the pro's and con's;

Connectivity - 5* for connectivity as there is a port for just about everything, scart, tv arial, AV, HDMI, USB, Pc and 1 other one which I don't even know what goes in there.

Picture quality - 4* The picture quality is awesome when you get it onto the right settings, You can perfectly see the difference from a standard detail TV and this… Read Full Review

Matsui M22DVDB19

“I have had this TV, the Matsui 22" HD READY DIGITAL...”

Written on: 14/06/2010 by Scot Peter Dow (1 review written)

I have had this TV, the Matsui 22" HD READY DIGITAL LCD TV WITH DVD PLAYER M22DVDB19 for only a couple of days and it has been quite a roller-coaster ride of highs and lows so far - sometimes very pleased, sometimes very disappointed.

Image quality - 4 stars. I am not seen an HD video on it yet - 4 stars is for Freeview TV and maybe the limitations that lost a star are more to do with the freeview signals than the TV?

Sound quality - 3 stars consisting of 4 stars for the TV speakers (clear… Read Full Review

Scot Peter Dow's Response to Scot Peter Dow's Review

Written on: 15/06/2010

Sorry about the grammatical errors in my review - there seems to be no facility to edit your reviews here.
<br/>
<br/>One further thing I have noticed in passing without having done a fault diagnosis on it yet.
<br/>
<br/>Last night, I noticed a problem with the Matsui 22" LCD TV sound while watching freeview TV into the wee hours as I sometimes do. I didn't hear this sound problem on freeview TV this morning so maybe it is an intermittent sound problem - maybe when the TV gets hot after being on all day, or it is interference from another source?
<br/>
<br/>Anyway, the symptoms of the sound problem were this, and it only seemed to occur on freeview TV - once every 61 seconds or so, the sound would briefly distort. sounding as if it was an FM radio station and you had momentarily nudged the tuning dial momentarily slightly off the radio station's correct frequency. It is most noticeable when someone is speaking at that instant which occurs every 61 seconds or so - so if there is a lull in the sound at that instant you don't hear any problem, but if someone is speaking at that instant, it sounds briefly like a Dalek or distorted anyway.
<br/>
<br/>I used to have a FM radio which did this all the time and was very annoying - hence why I am alert to this problem. But like I say, it is fine this morning so watch this space for further diagnosis of this sound problem I experienced.
<br/>- Peter Dow

Waylander Ii's Response to Scot Peter Dow's Review

Written on: 18/06/2010

I found this review not helpful because...
<br/>To much waffle and reapeted statements.
<br/>
<br/>The reason the 1tb hard disk did not work was due to it being factory formatted to NTFS.
<br/>
<br/>The audio output on the scart socket has a peap to peak voltage level.
<br/>The headphoen output is attenuated with resistors to lower the amplitude and protect the uses ear drms and the the headphone speakers.
<br/>
<br/>No conspiratory actions by matsui found.
<br/>Finally you can format hard disk drives from within windows itself , you do no need a seperate utility.

Matsui M22DVDB19

“Nice looking TV! Big on features! Major sound...”

Written on: 05/03/2010

Nice looking TV! Big on features! Major sound problems! When watching at a low volume or during quiet scenes the sound goes off! If they sort this problem out they will have a top seller! Until the time they fix this problem i would NOT recommend buying it! Its a shame because its a really nice looking TV packed with features for a budget price!… Read Full Review

Matsui M22DVDB19

“I sell TV's for a living, and would love to raise a...”

Written on: 20/02/2010

I sell TV's for a living, and would love to raise a few concerns. Firstly, if you're going to buy the cheapest, most value orientated TV on earth, DO NOT complain that it is of poor quality. this tv is value max… Read Full Review

Matsui M22DVDB19

“Picked one up from Currys on 14/2, found when changing...”

Written on: 17/02/2010

Picked one up from Currys on 14/2, found when changing channels it either switched off, went to a blue screen or a back lit screen. Then no amound of pressing buttons would revive it, you had to go and manually switch it off and then you would regain control. Took it back on 16/2 got another which I took back for a refund on 17/2 as it did exactly the same. Otherwise the tele seemed ok apart from this fundamental problem… Read Full Review

Scot Peter Dow's Comment

Written on: 15/06/2010

Yes I have experienced this problem with the TV becoming unresponsive while channing channels or otherwise using with the remote.
<br/>
<br/>I think it tends to happen when you overload it with too many key presses - channel hopping - and the TV gets into a muddle maybe. Nice slow key presses are what I am sticking to, to see if that gets around the problem.

Matsui M22DVDB19

“bought this tv in october for my son and really...”

Written on: 10/02/2010

bought this tv in october for my son and really pleased no sound problems like mentioned in other reviews but some what surprised about the comment regarding obnoxious staff in newtown if this is the same store i shop in on a regular basis i always find the staff incredibly helpful polite and pleasant!… Read Full Review

Matsui M22DVDB19

“We are now on our third set because the obnoxious...”

Written on: 09/02/2010 by GZN (1 review written)

We are now on our third set because the obnoxious staff in Newtown Curry's refuse to give us a refund. The third set has exactly the same gaps in sound when playing DVD. Now have to pluck up the courage to return again, armed with reviews here that say the same… Read Full Review

Matsui M22DVDB19

“Terrible television. Bought two for xmas, one was ok...”

Written on: 27/01/2010

Terrible television. Bought two for xmas, one was ok but the other was watched for an hour and switched itself off and has to be returned as it never came back on. Waited ages for it to be swapped. Both teles have sound problems when the dvd is in use, sound switches off several times during the film which is infuriating. When watching digital, all you can hear is a loud buzzing coming from the television. Also on one of the teles there is a white streak of colour going across the screen when a… Read Full Review

Matsui M22DVDB19

“Appalling, am now on my second one in less than a...”

Written on: 18/01/2010

Appalling, am now on my second one in less than a month and also have to take that back as the DVD keeps losing sound and Curry's made me stand there and watch a DVD with them as they didn't believe what I told them. Am not looking forward to dealing with their useless customer service a second time. I'm really disappointed as I love the look of the Tv and wanted to get rid of the external DVD taking up space but I would definitely not recommend an integrated DVD player if this is what they're… Read Full Review

Matsui M22DVDB19

“Set TV up, new out of the box, to find a pixel not...”

Written on: 31/12/2009 by Jon Doolan (1 review written)

Set TV up, new out of the box, to find a pixel not working. Matsui would do nothing about it as they say less than 4 pixels not working is not a fault unless they are in the centre of the screen, so when is a fault not a fault.They will do nothing about this common fault… Read Full Review

Matsui M22DVDB19

“I've been looking combo LCD/DVD/Freeview TV's for the...”

Written on: 17/11/2009 by piratematt (1 review written)

I've been looking combo LCD/DVD/Freeview TV's for the bedroom for a while, to replace an ageing 14" CRT.

Like the previous reviewer - I couldn't find many reviews for this, but the Matsui 22" seemed to have good features, and is aesthetically a nice piece of kit (compared to the logic, cello and technika alternatives)

Once I got the set home - I was bowled over. I'm still smiling now!

Freeview reception is excellent, and the picture quality is fantastic for a budget set. Colour definition… Read Full Review

Sugarglitz's Response to piratematt's Review

Written on: 05/01/2010

Dear piratematt,
<br/>
<br/>I recently purchased this particular tv/dvd combi and though I'm very pleased with it's overall performance, there is one thing however that doesn't seem to work. I can't seem to play AVI's via my USB memory stick.
<br/>It comes up 'unsupported format'. I'm really not sure what I can do other than get an 8gb memory stick. The one I'm using is only a 2gb. Any advice would be most appreciated.
<br/>Thanks

Emma2292's Response to piratematt's Review

Written on: 23/01/2010

Hi, i have just purchased his TV and found your review very detailed so I wondered if you could help me.
<br/>
<br/>I have a 320gb external hard-drive which has all al music on, which I normally use with my laptop. When this is plugged into the TV it works fine and all my music is there.
<br/>
<br/>However, the music titles appear as "1.EVAC.11" which would be an Eva Cassidy song, for example. Is there a way I can alter this so that the song titles show up properly, otherwise it's useless for playing files becuase I can't tell what they all are!

Matsui M22DVDB19

“ I have recently been looking for a reasonably priced...”

Written on: 05/10/2009 by swindee (1 review written)

I have recently been looking for a reasonably priced LCD television ideal for my bedroom wall. I was looking to spend around £170 on a 19" LCD/DVD Combi. This is because I don't want to have to connect any external sources as in DVD players or Digi boxes cos these need wires. Because I am a bit of a gadget lover I also wanted one with as many features as possible.

I was searching everywhere when I came across the 22 inch, Matsui M22DVDB19 LCD/DVD combi, available from Currys and PC World… Read Full Review

Ahmed112's Response to swindee's Review

Written on: 12/11/2009

I found this review very helpful because... it states exactly the feedback from a user's view of using the TV.

Emma2292's Response to swindee's Review