Sony VAIO VGN-AR41M Reviews

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Sony VAIO VGN-AR41M - Ask a question now

“Worst laptop ever”

Written on: 05/07/2011 by biolakeus (1 review written)

i bought the sony vaio e series in 2008 within 6 month the screen blanked out and the battery went bad. I took it to sony for repairs and i was told they had discontinued production of that particular series and as a result couldnt fix it. in Sept 2010 i bought another sony vaio laptop within 3 weeks it generated a fault took it back to John lewis as it was still under warranty they fixed it and less than three months down the line the battery got bad again. Now i have 2 sony vaio laptops at… Read Full Review

Sony VAIO VGN-AR41M

“The reviews on here are exactly what i have...”

Written on: 04/04/2011

The reviews on here are exactly what i have experienced witht eh SONY VAIO VGN-AR41M

The screen failed just outside the warranty (literally by weeks). I contacted Sony and BT Budiness whom I bought it from and neither were interested. they wanted £300 just to arrange collection and to look at it, and quoted up to £700 to repair/raplace!!!

I managed to find a local computer repairs company who replaced the screen with a new one for £200. Several months on an just like the other person who… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/06/2011

I had a similar problem to this with my screen starting to create vertical lines of failed pixels shortly afte the warranty expired. Sony quoted between £600 and £800 to replace but local computer shop did for £240. Various emmails to Sony fell on deaf ears and I too will never buy Sony again!

Written on: 06/07/2011

sorry for your troubles, but such probably wouldn't have happened with a mac (which runs Windows, btw). I had my previous Mac laptop for 4 1/2 years before it started dying… which took another 6 months…and in that time it was properly off for perhaps four weeks. Think about it; you threw good money after bad and its hard to repair a product that's cheap plastic. All Macs are industry grade construction and carved from a single block of aluminium--it's hard to imagine something more robust. And if you do the numbers, macs are cheaper. Get an HP with all the bells and whistles for £750 every 2-3 years or a Mac every 5 years for £1300-1500

Written on: 05/07/2011

DO what I did, take the supplier to court under the sale of good act durability eg. you paid for a top quality brand product and therefore given the cost it should have a premium life over a cheap throw away laptop.

When the court paper arrived the tune changed. I agree, Sony quality has gone down the crapper. I have a 11 year laptop sony, still going strong on the orginial hard disk and battery all be it lsat 4 minutes on battery. My last two in the last two years have had battery problems, hard disk failures. I had to reformat them to windows 7 and sony would not assist with drivers for memory stick reader or keyboard controls. After sales ends when funds clear!

Sony VAIO VGN-AR41M

“I purchased a Sony VAIO VGN-AR41M 17 inch laptop in...”

Written on: 09/08/2010 by GJPerry (1 review written)

I purchased a Sony VAIO VGN-AR41M 17 inch laptop in July 2007 at a cost of around £1000.00. Thought this would serve me for a long number of years like my old Dell had or my even older Toshiba. I should be so lucky!!

In August 2009 I had a single vertical line appear which after some investigation I tied down to a hardware fault. The warranty of course had, surprise, surprise expired one month earlier and John Lewis, from whom I purchased the machine referred the failure to Sony. They quoted… Read Full Review

Sony VAIO VGN-AR41M

“ The Sony VAIO VGN-AR41M is a great laptop to looks at...”

Written on: 24/09/2009

The Sony VAIO VGN-AR41M is a great laptop to looks at and does everything you could want it to, but then it should for £1300 !! The battery life is pretty abysmal it only lasts about 20 minutes so I have to have it permanently connected to the mains. Great 17" display however the left hinge has snapped and the internal wires are exposed so I suppose I shall need to replace it. It's around 2 years old and for that money I wouldn't have expected it. Have enjoyed using it but will go for a… Read Full Review