Garmin nuvi 1490T Reviews

• Map Accuracy

Garmin nuvi 1490T - Ask a question now

“Great satnav”

Written on: 13/09/2011

A good satnav, would recommend, has all the main features like detailed maps, spoken voice instruction, hands free calling, map data loads fast, calculates quick routes, speed cams warning This is a great device I brought from mynewgps.co.uk Would recommend others to check the 1490t out… Read Full Review

“great satnav”

Written on: 04/09/2011

I did some homework on which satnav to buy and found the 1490t had the most postive reviews and now i can see why, i also got it at a good price from www.mynewgps.co.uk for under £120 Its a great satnav, the screen is very clear and the mapping is alot more detailed than my previous navigation set, so far i have had zero problems with it and i drove around western europe with complete confidence that the satnav wouldnt let me down and it didnt… Read Full Review

Garmin nuvi 1490T

“having never been keen on even the idea of sat-navs...”

Written on: 21/09/2010 by jkrikler (4 reviews written)

having never been keen on even the idea of sat-navs (better not to be too dependent on tech), I am so impressed! thorough research as ever, first for product performance and features, then price, I am certain this unit is the best combination out there. does basics extremely well with enough options and extras to allow showing off! screen is brilliant, clear and easy to use. once or twice got a little lost in the menus but intuitive enough to quickly get back to where needed to be. junction… Read Full Review

Garmin nuvi 1490T

“Got my wife driving on the motorway with confidennce ,...”

Written on: 28/08/2010 by Bernard1k (4 reviews written)

Got my wife driving on the motorway with confidennce , she now will drive anywhere ,wouldnt drive on the motorway AT ALL, best thing ive ever bought in my life , had another sat nav and it just confused her, what she likes is when your driving upto a road it tells you the road your going onto which is great and on the motorway it tells you and shows you the lane to get in, BRILLIANT if you thinking on buying this BUY IT it is the best on the market today , i googled sat navs for 2 dats before… Read Full Review

Garmin nuvi 1490T

“I purchased the Garmin Nuvi 1490T from Expansys UK,...”

Written on: 11/08/2010 by sunbeamrapier (1 review written)

I purchased the Garmin Nuvi 1490T from Expansys UK, via the Amazon Marketplace in April 2010. It cost £170.87 including delivery to Wokingham. The sales process was smooth and uneventful with good feedback from Expansys on the progress of my order.

I have been using the device since 1 June 2010 - this review was written on 11 August 2010.

EASE OF USE: Poor
============
Do not expect to be able to use this device "out of the box". The skimpy instructions are insufficient - and you will… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to sunbeamrapier's Review

Written on: 20/06/2011

Thank you! I will take your advice and buy a diffrent make. GS

Somerbear's Response to sunbeamrapier's Review

Written on: 06/10/2011

I can confirm Sunbeamrapier's comments I have a Nuvi 1340T Europe which I bought the map updates for and found that in many area's i had problems in before in UK and Italy with out of date mapping were exactly the same as before. I e-mailed Garmin telling them this and their attitude is; tough we've taken your money. They say that the mapping is the responsibility of Navteq and there is also a disclaimer saying they can't guarantee the accuracy of the maps.
Navteq also supply mapping information to Google Maps. So my advice is don't buy a Garmin Car sat nav, get a mobile with GPS and download the Google maps Ap for free it'll be just as accurate.
The other issue I have with the unit is that it is slow to react in town and often this means having to do laps of roundabouts or stopping until it sorts itself out which in certain circumstances can be dangerous.

Guest's Response to sunbeamrapier's Review

Written on: 26/07/2011

I have had two of these within a month. I thought they were malfunctioning and have returned both of them. I totally agree with everything that the reviewer has said.