Simply Games (prior to Jan 07) Reviews

Comment from Review Centre

Please note, this company underwent new management in January 2007. If you would like to leave a review relating to an experience dated AFTER January 2007, please visit this alternative listing.

Simply Games (prior to Jan 07) - Ask a question now

☆☆☆☆☆

“On the Simply Games site, they claim that they can...”

Written on: 07/08/2007 by Cronan (1 review written)

On the Simply Games site, they claim that they can only start a complaint with their delivery company after 10 working days have elapsed. This means that they won't even listen to your complaint until then. Considering Amazon also use the Royal Mail, and seem to deliver within a day or two, something is obviously wrong here, and I don't think it's the Royal Mail… Read Full Review

Games4Hollie's Response to Cronan's Review

Written on: 03/09/2009

I found this review not helpful because... it is inaccurate. They have acustomer careline and will chase any order as soon as you report it missing

“Game ordered 3/12/06 for Christmas gift for my son,...”

Written on: 18/12/2006 by SandraKJ (1 review written)

Game ordered 3/12/06 for Christmas gift for my son, and it was "in stock". Received notification that the game was dispatched on 4/12/06. On the 14th of December I contacted them via their website to advise them that the game had not arrived (their website clearly states that you should wait 10 working days before you contact them regarding non-delivery of any items). I received an e-mail asking me to wait until the 20th of December before contacting them again, as "they cannot bring my… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Simply Games website looks like a good website,...”

Written on: 07/06/2006 by sanjivs (1 review written)

The Simply Games website looks like a good website, and they have good prices, BUT there was no dispatch within 24 hours as stated. No email after 10 days as promised. The phone number does not work, and I have had no response from customer services via email. If you cancel the order online, it still shows as in progress days later!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Simply Games have a "Customer Sales Hotline" that...”

Written on: 08/05/2006 by Chrispy777 (3 reviews written)

Simply Games have a "Customer Sales Hotline" that rings number unobtainable, and I have had no response to 8 emails chasing the progress of my order.

I am very, very disappointed with Simply Games, and I will buy elsewhere in future… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have just cancelled my order for a gameboy for my...”

Written on: 20/04/2006 by unhappyshopper (2 reviews written)

I have just cancelled my order for a gameboy for my sons birthday from Simply Games. Its website states usually 24 hours delivery, but I have been waiting a week and heard nothing. For a week the website has shown my order as "in progress", whatever that means. If there is a problem with despatch, I have not been told. The staff don't answer the phone, they don't respond to emails, they don't respond to messages left on their answerphone. I certainly don't recommend them. Try Gameplay, only £1… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I ordered a game from Simply Games, as they were...”

Written on: 13/04/2006 by P the P (3 reviews written)

I ordered a game from Simply Games, as they were easily the cheapest found by the search engines. The website always says 'normally dispatched within 24 hours'. That was on the 6th of April; it's now the 13th of April, and there is no sign of the game being dispatched. I have had no reply to my email asking what's going on, and the 'help line' can not take my call as 'office hours are Mon-Fri, 09.00-17.30', even though I called on Thursday at 11:20 (I thought that was between Monday and… Read Full Review

“Simply Games has a very good selection of games and...”

Written on: 11/01/2006 by Sahuagin (1 review written)

Simply Games has a very good selection of games and hardware available and is good for finding those 'rare' non deleted games.
Sadly locating anything can be a real chore as the format tends to reset itself to 'all' quite often while browsing certain sections (PS2 for instance). I would advise though that Internet Explorer is the most reliable browser with the site, I have experienced problems with both Firefox and Netscape.
As for the actual ordering process, it is nice and straight forward… Read Full Review

“Simply Games give their claim that goods are "usually...”

Written on: 04/10/2005 by SomeBloke (2 reviews written)

Simply Games give their claim that goods are "usually dispatched within 24 hours" on every page of their site, which is interesting considering my experience.

I placed an order with Simply Games for a game that they marked as available and opted for priority shipping in order to be sure to get it in plenty of time as it was to be a gift. As this was on Thursday afternoon I thought that the game would probably arrive Saturday, or Monday if I was unlucky. I even optimistically hoped that it… Read Full Review

224799_Sahuagin's Response to SomeBloke's Review

Written on: 12/01/2006

I agree that the shop has issues but I have discovered this after many orders from them. To give them a rating of 1 (out of 10) after just one attemot at order with them seems excessive and unfair in light of the 5 & 6 ratings you gave for the other sections :)

“Simply Games: It's a great online games shop, the best...”

Written on: 21/12/2004 by cezman (5 reviews written)

Simply Games: It's a great online games shop, the best one I've found anyway (tell me if you've found cheaper). If you pre order a game, it arrives on day of release, and if you buy one, it arrives at the most in three days. Postage and packaging is free and they have nearly all games that are out in the UK. It's the best for all games, gaming accessories and hardware… Read Full Review