Advanced Double Glazing Windows & Conservatories, East Kilbride Reviews

Comment from Review Centre

Message from Review Centre:

Following comments added to reviews for this company we have written this message to set out the facts.

We have investigated the reviews that have been left for this company and are satisfied that there has not been any suspicious activity. We take complaints very seriously and will always investigate upon reciept of a valid complaint.

Further, in the strongest possible terms we would like to state that there is no way that any company could pay to have reviews added, or deleted from their page on our site. We are a completely independent review site.

Message from The Advanced Group.

The Advanced Group (Scotland) Ltd take customers services very seriously, we currently enjoy between FORTY & SIXTY recommendations from previous customers every week this makes up a large amount of our lead intake.

We employ a twelve person customer care team and they all have a sole aim in supplying great customer service to our valued customers.

All our products and labour are covered under our ten year guarantee and are guaranteed for ten years!!

If you should experience any problems with your products please call our dedicated customer care line directly.

The department Manager is Mr Gary Adkin who is more than willing to help any genuine customers with any genuine problems.

Media Gallery for Advanced Double Glazing Windows and Conservatories, East Kilbride

Advanced Double Glazing Windows and Conservatories, East Kilbride

“Shocking aftercare service”

Written on: 15/07/2014 by bubs1408 (1 review written)

We had a tilt and turn window fitted last year, all fine until on windy days we found a draft. No problem they said....man alive could not be further from the truth. They have now made it worse, the gap for the draft is bigger and the window so tight we struggle to open it Sash windows fitted in another room in April this year....now July and still waiting for them to be finished.... AVOID this company if you like a quality finish and good after sales service… Read Full Review

“Really Impressed”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by MrsFNewton (1 review written)

I must admit that I had much fear and low expectations about taking the plunge and getting my old double glazing replaced. I am the first to admit that my preconceptions were unfounded. At least that was my experience with the Advanced Group Window company. They were professional, helpful and made the whole process a breeze. And the windows fitted were far beyond the quality of other manufacturers. I thought windows were windows, all the same. But thanks to the surveyors demonstration I know… Read Full Review

“After Sales Service is Awful”

Written on: 21/04/2014 by Alldino (1 review written)

I have had my new triple glazed goods and windows for almost a year and still can't open some windows or my front and patio doors. I have lost count of the times I have called their maintenance department and been promised a solution or even an explanation but as yet I don't have either. I have had the worst experience and would definitely not recommend this company!!… Read Full Review

Bubs1408's Response to Alldino's Review

Written on: 15/07/2014

couldn't agree more, we have faced the same terrible service

“Delighted With The Service Offered”

Written on: 18/02/2014

I am so delighted with the new windows you have installed on the 5th of September. Your workmen were very proficient and completed a fantastic job. Also, the plasterer who corrected some minor damage we had on the red sandstone brickwork. Also, a big thanks for being flexible with the installation date, which helped me greatly. I would not hesitate in recommending your company in the future. Yours Faithfully… Read Full Review

“Advanced Workmanship A*”

Written on: 17/02/2014 by davelyall (1 review written)

I contacted the Advanced Group about some Double Glazed windows and actually got triple glazed windows for our home. They were personable and polite and not pushy like the old stereotype and when their team arrived to install our windows, they were on time and they really worked hard and they polite and just worked away and got the job completed in about 6 hours to fit all of our windows and they cleaned up after themselves.Our windows have been in for about 3 months now and no problems. I… Read Full Review

“Shame About the Customer Service”

Written on: 10/12/2013 by FrustratedlyDissappointed (1 review written)

Got new windows and was so delighted decided to invest in new front and back doors. While fitting the doors and for months afterwards lots of problems including getting locked out of the house at night. My biggest disappointment is the appalling customer service. Advanced group customer services hard to get hold of, never return calls , guys turning up and not doing job properly, the next guy slagging the previous worker off. The amount of time spent on the telephone or having repeat visits… Read Full Review

Futchereagle1888's Response to FrustratedlyDissappointed's Review

Written on: 21/01/2014

I can relate to this . I hope the have sorted out your problems .

“So Far, So Good”

Written on: 12/10/2013

Had new triple glazed windows installed by Adcanced Group in June. I can have nothing but praise for the company, from the salesman who came, to the guys who installed the windows, excellent service !! The cost was great too, well within my price range. The finishes on the window sills look great, a light oak colour, which fits in with my decor. All in all I am really impressed, having had a good summer, will need to wait till through the winter to see if they make a difference to the… Read Full Review

“Our new conservatory”

Written on: 14/07/2013 by LizCameron (1 review written)

We got a conservatory from yourselves last month and are delighted with the result the tradesmen were outstanding and all there work ran to plan I certainly would recommend your company… Read Full Review

“Excellent trustworthy company”

Written on: 17/05/2013 by BIgBoab (1 review written)

We have recently had a conservatory fitted at dukes road cambuslang , right from the start the salesman was very knowledgeable guided us to make the right choices without being pushy just threw us some ideas we had not thought about, the guy drawing up the plans was excellent and very approachable always returned calls on any queries we had, the builders were absolutely excellent tidy precise and produced excellent high standard of work , the fitters were excellent and not forgetting the… Read Full Review

“After Care Shocking!!”

Written on: 09/05/2013 by disappointedcust (1 review written)

Having recently bought our house we looked at getting the 9 windows and both front and back door replaced. Having contacted Advance (East Kilbride), the salesman attended our property and gave a quote which we were very happy with. The salesman was knowledgable, pleasant not pushy or invasive, explained that we would attend the showroom the following weekend to have a proper look at the product. True to our word we did and agreed our contract and installation date. On installation (2-3… Read Full Review

Smokeyblakester's Response to disappointedcust's Review

Written on: 11/06/2013

I'm currently in a dispute with advanced. [Name removed] the Senior Customer Services Manager has now left. I've been chasing for answers to my complaint and am currently taking them to The Office of Fair Trading. I have been told that advanced have shut down their factory operation and are supplying windows via a third party.

Lisa2603's Response to disappointedcust's Review

Written on: 06/07/2013

Aftercare, what is that? Most disgusting after sales communication. 7yrs now I have had problems with my windows and at every opportunity, they put the phone down on me, do not return calls etc etc,. DISGUSTING! Time now for putting story into national newspaper, as I have 7yrs worth of evidence at hand!

“Solar Panels Installation”

Written on: 08/03/2013 by bernie7777 (1 review written)

Both the joiners and the electricians were on time, worked efficiently and left no mess. I was helped with my Feed In Tariff application and the whole process was easy and stress free. I am extremely pleased with the overall outcome… Read Full Review

“Fast, Efficient and Thorough Service”

Written on: 14/02/2013 by grant2ba (1 review written)

They provided a fast, efficient and thorough service from start to finish. From the visit of the sales person to the actual completion was only 14 days. Quite amazing! The fitters who who carried out the installation were very professional, polite and courteous. They were willing to go the extra mile to complete the work to a high and very acceptable standard. They worked extremely hard and long each day. They were very pleasant to have in our home… Read Full Review

“Triple Glazing”

Written on: 20/12/2012

I had advanced group (East Kilbride) install triple glazed windows in my house in June 2012. I have twice had to have advanced group return and replace the outside sealant on my windows. After only three months from installation (Sept) I started to get a whistling sound from one of my windows. After calling advanced they advised I would have to wait two weeks for someone to come out and repair it. When the guy called he said the sealant needed replaced and sure enough it solved the problem… Read Full Review

Lisa2603's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2013

Totally agree with all your comments and same has happened to me for 7yrs. Communication is appalling, phone being put down on me, broken promises. GUARANTEE is nil and void. They advertise in The Sun Newspaper.....hmm, time for a report to be placed in this national paper and allow every unsuspecting customer to be aware of the poor workmanship and incompetency of workforce starting from the Management down!

Elainewilders's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2013

We have ended up with dry rot after the patio doors they have put in 5y ago have leaked. They squirted some sealant in after the problem started 2y ago, but this has just degraded, We now have an expensive bill to sort the rot out, and they don't appear to be very interested in trying to sort the problem. I keep getting told someone will phone me back. Hmm.

“Satisfied Customer :-)”

Written on: 03/12/2012 by MissGreenlaw (1 review written)

Advanced Group installed my triple glazing in July 2011 after the company was recommended to me. The initisl appointment was made quickly and Douglas Szafranek came to visit one afternoon. He was very smart, knowledgeable and professional and answered my (many!) questions. He also explained the seamless process which was to follow, very well. The windows were installed within a couple of weeks and the job was completed to a high standard with very little mess. A year and a half later and I… Read Full Review

“5 doors later and still not happy, waiting on 6th”

Written on: 16/10/2012 by MrsHelenGrant (1 review written)

We had a back door fitted in 2008 which has been replaced 4 times and still doesn't fit. The 5th replacement turned up last week but was actually a front door. We are still waiting. We have had to continually call them as they promise to call back but never do. I would never recommend this company… Read Full Review

Lisa2603's Response to MrsHelenGrant's Review

Written on: 06/07/2013

I would never recomment them either. Horrendous communication, phone put down on you, non returned calls. DISGUSTING service! Never ever will I promote this company.

H.h.i.f.k.'s Response to MrsHelenGrant's Review

Written on: 06/12/2013

We spend a lot of time rectifying bad installation jobs left by other companies, we are a local family business in Falkirk with 5star reviews and have over 20yrs experience in this trade, and are truly horrified at what some people are being left with, please always check out the company reviews, then view their work via past customers homes, we always offer this service, and remember the product is only as good as the tradesmen who install it, it truly is disturbing that companies who treat their customers badly are taking work away from businesses like us who only leave a perfect job.

“First rate - top of their class!”

Written on: 06/09/2012 by Blantyre (1 review written)

From start to finish this product and company were excellent. There was no hard sell, questions were answered clearly and the product and fitting process explained in detail. The windows and doors were fitted within a week of ordering and the fitters were hard-working, very courteous and their workmanship superb. The minimal of plastering was required after completion and again was done efficiently and quickly. We are truly delighted and have no hesitation in recommending The Advanced Group… Read Full Review

“Great Double Glazing”

Written on: 26/07/2012 by mcarthurc (1 review written)

We have just had seven of our windows double glazed by the Advanced Group and we would compliment their staff on the completion of the job. From Harry Moore who originally sold us the windows, Mark Hill who surveyed our home, Jamie Mullen and his team who fitted the windows, Billy Cowan and his team who finished off the plasterwork and Shirley in their office, the service and experience could not have been better. The windows are exactly what we wanted and the service excellent. Many… Read Full Review

“Brilliant”

Written on: 27/06/2012 by Arnhem (1 review written)

A year or so ago we found Advanced Windows and had them replace the windows to the front of our house, what a difference to our heating and noise. The quality of the windows is supberb and the staff from first call to finish were great, so when we deceided to replace the back of the house Advance was our choice, we already knew the standard of the units but once again the staff were outstanding. The house was back to normal a couple of hours after the fitters had left. There was no mess… Read Full Review

“Absolutely No Stars! ”

Written on: 02/06/2012

We had Roofline fitted recently (new fascias, soffits, guttering and down pipes).First we had one salesman doing the old "This is the price but if I speak to my boss I'm sure I can do a deal". We declined. The following week another person phoned and stated that he was in the trade department and was following up all those customers who had declined to buy. He was very plausible so after he made a return journey with the product to show us the quality we decided to go ahead. That was a BIG… Read Full Review

Advancedgroup's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2012

Good afternoon,

My name is Robyn Tierney, I work for the Advanced Group, Customer Care Department.

If you could please contact myself directly on 01355 271 226 or alternatively, email me on remedials@theadvancedgroup.co.uk including your name and address details - I will happily help and rectify the above.

Regards,
Robyn Tierney
Customer Care Advisor
Advanced Group (Scotland) Ltd

H.h.i.f.k.'s Comment

Written on: 19/12/2013

These complaints are all avoidable , the most basic customer service is being ignored by this company, and to install anything with disregard for the building legislation guidelines is appalling , the people they have sent round our villiage outside Falkirk look like neds off the street, even my son said they look like homeless folk, dirty, trampish & rough, but all wearing a black sweatshirt with company name.
Needless to say they avoided our door , given our company van was in the driveway, and lucky all our neighbours use us so sent them packing, feel so bad for all their victims of bad service, research, review & refer merry Christmas

Lisa2603's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2013

I STRONGLY AGREE, yes to avoiding this company. DISGUSTING aftersales. National Newspaper, here I come!

“A Very Happy & Cosy Customer! :-)”

Written on: 17/04/2012 by brennamcin (1 review written)

My husband and I had TRIPLE glazing and new front and back doors installed last year and what a difference we've noticed! After getting married in August 2011, we were fortunate enough for family and friends to contribute to our wedding/windows fund. We knew other people who had used Advanced and had saw the quality of their work and finish. From our initial telephone call to Advanced it all happened really quickly (our choice!) - a salesman came out to the house one week night evening - he was… Read Full Review