Edinburgh Car Hire Reviews - www.edinburghcarhire.com

Edinburgh Car Hire www.edinburghcarhire.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Edinburgh Car Hire www.edinburghcarhire.com

Edinburgh Car Hire www.edinburghcarhire.com

“hired the new transit van”

Written on: 23/04/2014 by peterfranks (1 review written)

hi i hired the brand new transit Van was more than happy im looking to buy one so it was a great chance to try it out before i bought it, glad i did !!! used the van to go to liverpool very impressed with the service and the quality of the van… Read Full Review

“Really Nice people hire went well i would def use again”

Written on: 11/03/2014 by andysmall3001 (3 reviews written)

hired a 15 seater bus we got the vehicle at the airport and gave it back there,they could not have done more for us even got a free GPS No problems here Many Thanks… Read Full Review

“Hired a Bus there for a week. At arrival i had to pay...”

Written on: 10/10/2013 by MJ2013 (1 review written)

Hired a Bus there for a week. At arrival i had to pay 185 pound extra in cash cos there was supposed to be a problem with the transaction. After handing the car back in perfect condition never got an answer about my 300 pound deposit or the extra cash i paid. I wrote to the police and trading standards. Currently in court sewing them for the money. They now claim there was a damage - the whole bumper was supposed to be missing. Yeah right as if you can hand it back with a whole bumper missing… Read Full Review

“Great Bus”

Written on: 01/07/2013 by petervic (1 review written)

Hired a 15 seater great bus happy with the hire would hire again no probs… Read Full Review

“ECH is a cheating”

Written on: 20/11/2012 by PatrickH (1 review written)

In spring I hired for this summer a minibus 15 seater. I had to pay in March. When we arrived at Edinburgh, there was no bus but 2 medium personal cars. They told us, the bus would have been broken. I had to pay additional deposit and fuel for the 2 cars. Even then they brought us up to Perth. They promised to bring us a substitute the next day. Of course that did not happen. Another day later, they told us, that they could not deliver the bus and the would pay back every fees. That was on 18th… Read Full Review

“It's a scam!!!!”

Written on: 04/09/2012 by danparker (1 review written)

Edinburgh Car Hire is NOT a legitimate firm as far as I can tell. I took a group of 65 students and chaperones to Europe this summer as I do every 2 years since 1990. I arranged to rent 4 - 15 passenger minibuses and 1 7 passenger van for July 13-17 in Edinburgh on-line with Edinburghcarhire. I pre-paid as I do with most of the transportation and accommodation companies I do business with - never a problem until this summer in Edinburgh - 2475 British Pounds or about $4000. When we arrived in… Read Full Review

Patrickh's Response to danparker's Review

Written on: 20/11/2012

Hi there. From which country are you? Might be, I have an effecitve address for you. Please contact me.

“Spot on”

Written on: 08/08/2012 by alexmacbug (1 review written)

hired a vauxhall vectra cant fault them returned at arport everthin went spot on thnx ALEX… Read Full Review

“MINIBUS HIRE”

Written on: 08/06/2011 by GrahamHickley (1 review written)

WE PHONED THIS COMPANY AND MANAGED TO GET A MINIBUS HIRE THE SAME DAY TO TOUR THE HIGHLANDS BUS CAME WITHIN TWO HOURS I WAS AMAZED AT THAT !!! WERE GIVEN A FREE SAT NAV AND TWO BOOSTER SEATS WE HAD A FAB TIME AND MUST ADMIT WITHOUT THE NAV WE WOULD HAVE BEEN STUFFED DIDNT WANT TO GIVEN THE NAV BACK WHAT A BIT OF KIT ;-) CANT FAULT THEM TOLD THEM I WILL BE BACK IN EDINBURGH NEXT YEAR AND I WILL CALL THEM AGAIN. THANKS GRAHAM… Read Full Review

“right now i used this company for a 7 seater people...”

Written on: 21/05/2011 by Coner Graham (1 review written)

right now i used this company for a 7 seater people mover in april the vehicle was brought to us at 6.20pm at night to our hotel i could not find any other company willing to do this we toured the highlands and did over 1200 miles the vehicle was a bit dirty when we give it back this wasnt a problem for them. vehicle was clean was onlt 2 years old drove great all in all everything we wanted and more ive recommended them to my sister who will be hiring in august keep up the good work

CONNER… Read Full Review

“Edinburgh Car Hire .com are a Joke. Overcharged and...”

Written on: 20/05/2011 by but66dean (1 review written)

Edinburgh Car Hire .com are a Joke. Overcharged and under serviced vehicles with zero customer service… Read Full Review

“Excellent service,the mini bus was spotless,company...”

Written on: 12/05/2011 by indimiss (1 review written)

Excellent service,the mini bus was spotless,company more then helpful,would highly recomend to anyone.Company went out of their way to accomodate us,and advice on where to visit,the mini bus was delivered in first class condition,clean and a full tank of fuel.We will definately be using this company again on our return to Edinburgh,and will recomend to all our friends and family… Read Full Review

“NICE CAR NICE PEOPLE NO HASSLE !!!! CAME WHEN THEY...”

Written on: 12/05/2011

NICE CAR NICE PEOPLE NO HASSLE !!!! CAME WHEN THEY SAID THEY WOULD I DID HAVE A PUNCTURE WHICH I GOT REPAIRED SO THERE WAS NO PROBLEM WHEN THEY CAME TO COLLECT THE CAR THANKED ME FOR TELLING THEM THANKS FOR A PLEASANT HIRE.

WES

“hired from this company this month more than happy...”

Written on: 12/05/2011

hired from this company this month more than happy with the vehicle they gave me vehicle was delivered on time and collected this was very handy for me as i didnt have to go into their office as it was delivered to my home address price was good and the vehicle was excellent i would have again no problem… Read Full Review

“We were asking for a 9 seater (VW Caravelle) from ECH...”

Written on: 05/10/2010

We were asking for a 9 seater (VW Caravelle) from ECH ( Edinburgh Car Hire) and paid a deposit of 300 Pounds. What we got in Edinburgh were 2 medium sized cars. Apparently the VW bus had an accident just before the delivery (believe it or not). The fuel tanks were completely empty! Of course they promissed to exchange cars as soon as possible, within 3-4 working days; they never did! The worst thing is, we never got back the 300 Pound deposit! They told us, it would take a week or two until the… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/12/2010

I found this review not helpful becauset does not give any details nor name and looks like an input from ECH staff.

Written on: 19/11/2012

It's because they don't tell their names. The manager there is called (name removed). But nobody knows if it's his true name.

Written on: 19/11/2012

Yes, I can tell the exactly same story. Only difference: We live in Switzerland. But we also got 2 medium cars instead the paid bus. They promised several times to pay back the money. They are nobblers. I adviced in the meantime the Scotland Tourist Board and the City Governement. They have to be stopped. The positive Feed-backs on this site are surely all faked by ECH!

Hi Patrrickh,

we actually also live quite close to the Swiss border too.
We handed over the case to Midlothian council. They were very helpful but effectively nothing happened and it appeared that their legal power is very much restricted to writing informal letters, but no legal action. Therefore, still no refund.
I just tried to find ECH on google, but couldn't find them any more; which is a good thing!

Hi Jtown

Well, the Edinburgh Trading Standards were very helpful to me. They go also to the court for me. And for getting the money: try www.moskau-inkasso.com. I gave them the case.

And yes, it seems that they are out of business. This is a very good thing.

Hi,

are you serious?! You got your money back?
How did you do this?

Written on: 15/04/2013

No, so far I would not go!!! But you never know. Procedure is still in progress. They will visit ECH the next few days. I don't think to get really my money back. But the presence of the guys of moskau inkasso was it worth to me.

“DO NOT RENT HERE!!! This company is terrible. They...”

Written on: 23/07/2010

DO NOT RENT HERE!!! This company is terrible. They won't give your deposit back… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 25/05/2012

I totally agree. I experienced the same problem. They will come up with some reason and will not give your deposit back. NEVER RENT A CAR FROM ECH

“We hired a Ford minibus with this company for 8 days....”

Written on: 28/10/2009

We hired a Ford minibus with this company for 8 days. We had to pay cash the whole sum and a deposit £300.The car did not have a valid tax badge so we got a penalty £60 at the first car park. We phoned the company to let them know. The car also did not start at times. On the day of the return we tried to phone the company since morning to let them know we would be late but no one answered. So we remebered the guy had texted us and sent him a text letting him know the delay. He wrote back it was… Read Full Review

“Booked and paid for an automatic car from Edinburgh...”

Written on: 07/08/2009

Booked and paid for an automatic car from Edinburgh Car Hire . Was given a manual with promise of change either later that day or the next. Not changed no answer to phone calls. One call in 6 days from the company and they are refusing to refund the difference in the price - not a lot of money as I kept car an extra day, but their customer service is non existent and they take cash payments so not a lot of come back.
Am taking it further but have learnt my lesson from now on book on a credit… Read Full Review