Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol Reviews

Summary

The Lost Symbol is Dan Brown follow up to The Da Vinci Code and is the third novel to feature Robert Langdon. Let other readers know what you thought by writing your own review of The Lost Symbol.

Read The Da Vinci Code reviews and Angels and Demons book reviews or see how the film adaptations were reviewed by our members.

Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

“It make me stop reading Dan Brown”

Written on: 23/08/2012

I've read many Dan brown novels. The only one I really liked was Angels & Demons, but if you read one of them you already read all of them because the story never changes. The lost symbol has all the previous novels points: (1) a strange enemy, (2) a big conspiration that it is composed by just one person, (3) the same unlikeable main character; and (4) the tedious new girl. I finnished the book, but I didn't like it. Maybe if I didn't read the others I could have thought it a little better… Read Full Review

Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

“lost symbol in two days”

Written on: 13/01/2012 by garyth (12 reviews written)

I've read this book in two days. It was so thrill that i have no sleep. I recommend not only this book but the author Brown who is classic nowadays. Welcome to the mason sicret society!… Read Full Review

Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

“The Lost Symbol covers a 24 hour period in 500+ pages,...”

Written on: 02/07/2010

The Lost Symbol covers a 24 hour period in 500+ pages, which, in a woman's magazine would have taken tww#o and a half pages. It was long and laborious… Read Full Review

Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

“I started this book with hope that it would be as good...”

Written on: 10/05/2010

I started this book with hope that it would be as good as all his preceeding novels.
Unfortunatly it has far to many unrealistic happenings.
You really do have to suspend your intelligence to enjoy this adventure in the good old U S of A.
The last chapters get so wrapped up in symbology and theological ramblings that I nearly gave up on it.
I speed read the last few dozen pages because it was so childish.
Marks for this would be 3/10 must try better next time..
Ps Does the USA have any real… Read Full Review

Macboydog's Comment

Written on: 10/05/2010

I found this review very helpful because... I totally agree with reviewer.

Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

“The plot and the idea of this novel are more...”

Written on: 13/02/2010 by shazneen (5 reviews written)

The plot and the idea of this novel are more believable then the DA Vinci and the Angels and Demons.

I liked the book , though it was not a major page turner as they were… Read Full Review

Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

“It a very good book to read.”

Written on: 17/01/2010 by snazal (7 reviews written)

It a very good book to read… Read Full Review

Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

“Great book you can see the rest of his books if you...”

Written on: 13/01/2010 by johnkneer (1 review written)

Great book you can see the rest of his books if you Google him - http://www.google.com… Read Full Review

Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

“Well, in the end my conclusion is that it wasn't worth...”

Written on: 28/10/2009 by kingofreviews (89 reviews written)

Well, in the end my conclusion is that it wasn't worth the wait. No doubt it's better than a host of other books that deal in the same genre, but of course its quality will be benchmarked against his previous books as much as offerings from other Authors. Ultimately I just didn't care about the central characters which is a pretty major failing for a book like this… Read Full Review

“The Lost Symbol ”

Written on: 03/10/2009 by EdwardEaton (1 review written)

The Lost Symbol
By Dan Brown

A Review by
Edward Eaton

September 15th saw the publication of The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown's third installment in his successful series about Robert Langdon, following Angels and Demons (2000) and The Da Vinci Code (2004). The story follows the Harvard symbologist on an adventure that takes him across Washington, DC, from the highest pinnacles to the lowest depths to just about every main point of interest that can be found in any tourist guide to the… Read Full Review

Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

“Fair warning, as of the time of writing this I have...”

Written on: 22/09/2009 by dhayes22 (54 reviews written)

Fair warning, as of the time of writing this I have only read the first five chapters but I am not at all sure I am going to finish it so here is an interim update.

Poor old Dan Brown. The pressure and expectation on this book has been enormous. There was no way he could really win. Book critics are such snobs it was destined for a critical mauling.

I am not a book critic but I do like to read a lot so know what I like and what I don't. This review is therefore based on what I think of the… Read Full Review

Suziesue's Response to dhayes22's Review

Written on: 01/06/2010

I found this review helpful because...I wasn't sure whether I wanted to read "The lost synbol" having read other pulications by Dan Brown, This is an honest review, and I did subseqently buy the book anyway, and came to the same conclusion.