Shimano Baitrunner 6000 re ltd edition Reviews

From 1 review

Shimano Baitrunner 6000 re ltd edition - Ask a question now

“Shimano's Baitrunner 6000 is an improvement on the...”

Written on: 08/07/2009 by leonard5640 (29 reviews written)

Shimano's Baitrunner 6000 is an improvement on the previous RE version. Allthough a baitrunner more suited to carp and Pike fishing can just as easily be used for fishing with larger lures where I found the retrieve to be smooth and powerful. Having used the reel on a salmon fishing trip recently the reel behaved flawlessly. When the eventual salmon came along the drag was instantly adjustable and smooth coping with the powerful runs in rapids with an ease I could not believe. My only criticism… Read Full Review

Leonard5640's Response to leonard5640's Review

Written on: 15/12/2010

Thie Shimano Baitrunner 6000 RE reel has now been superceded but new ones are still available. I am in the middle of my second season and have used the reel for so many different types of fishing. The reel has handled everything thrown at it and has been a reliable workhorse from ledgering to freelining to spinning. All in all a worthy allrounder that continues to deliver. Its cranking power has been second to none handling powerful fish with ease yet delicate enough to lightly hanle freelined baits. Spool capacity is immense especially if using fine braids. I only hope its replacement is as good but in the meantime I have my two which if true to form will give me many years enjoyable fishing before I need to think of a replacement.