Mark Group Reviews - www.markgroup.co.uk

Description (provided by business)

We’re Mark Group and we love saving you money, helping you stay warm and toasty and reducing your carbon footprint all at the same time. As the UK’s leading energy saving experts, we’re great at helping you to take a ‘whole home’ approach to energy efficiency. And we definitely know our stuff; since 1974, we’ve helped over two million homes and businesses lose less (through insulation), use less (through efficient heating systems) and generate more (through renewable technologies).
Mark Group www.markgroup.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Mark Group www.markgroup.co.uk

Mark Group www.markgroup.co.uk
Mark Group www.markgroup.co.uk

“Good and Bad”

Written on: 19/11/2014

Boiler salesman was excellent, very professional and a true expert. Just wish the back office was the same. Due to a pricing error on their part they have asked me for extra money!!! I understand the salesman missed a £150 part and that the company normally swallows this but the are wanting more money simply because they have put their prices up!!! I am liaising with my solicitor as under sale of goods act we may have a claim. Their manager is pathetic and not man enough to admit when they are… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/11/2014

Hello. We are pleased to read your positive comments regarding our assessor. However we also note your dissatisfaction with subsequent events and would be happy to review this with you. We have sent you a direct message in order to get in touch. Thank you.

“Keep up the good work”

Written on: 17/11/2014 by HuggyTheBear (1 review written)

I had some remedial work done for cavity wall insulation over a conservatory on the 6th November 2014, It was not the easiest of tasks as it had to be tackled from the inside. It required planning and attention to detail. I’m very pleased with the professional manner in which they carried out the work, There were dust sheets covering the floors and stairs, any mess was taken away leaving a very neat and tidy finish. Far too often people are ready to complain, but when you receive good… Read Full Review

Markgroupcs's Response to HuggyTheBear's Review

Written on: 17/11/2014

Hello and thank you for your feedback, we are pleased to see that you are pleased with the work completed. We are certain that in the coming winter months you will see and feel the benefits of the energy saving measures installed.

“Numerous problems, poor attitude towards customers”

Written on: 14/11/2014 by Brayan322 (1 review written)

I was taken in by some really professional sales and went ahead with ordering a boiler replacement. The salesman explained he was ex British Gas and knew all their tricks and he could do everything to the same standards and also fit the Gas piping under my stairs and not outside my house like a British Gas salesman had said we needed to do. This was the first of many ongoing lies and poor effort on the Mark Groups behalf. When the surveyor arrived he also said that the piping would be sorted… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/11/2014

Hello. You have clearly encountered some issues during your time with us and we would really appreciate the opportunity to address these for you. We have sent you a direct message so that we can get in touch. We hope this helps.

“DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES HAVE ANYTHING TO DO...”

Written on: 09/11/2014 by 12Bates (1 review written)

Very unreliable, rude!!! untrusworthy, unprofessional !!!!Bad company to do any bussiness with. Stay clear from this company , they should not be in bussiness  and very, very unreliable!!!!!! There are no words to describe them, my only advice is keep well clear from them… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/11/2014

Hello. If your concerns are based on a specific experience with us we would be keen to investigate. We have sent you a direct message to get in touch. We hope this helps.

Written on: 15/11/2014

I can endorse every word uttered by the person - stay well clear is my advice to everyone - you could end up like me with damp and mould and a 8 month horrible battle to have my home returned to its original condition.

“shoddy”

Written on: 06/11/2014 by Zimmerman317 (1 review written)

Looks like a blind man on a galloping horse has drilled the holes. Was told side of house could not be done but still 3 holes drilled into it. Loft insulated or should i say only half has well that should save half the money a fully insulated loft would. Stay away from them and maybe paying someone too do a proper job instead of a company which gets paid by goverment and has no follow up to see what kind of job they have done… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/11/2014

Make sure you take lots of photos with dates especially if you have had cavity wall insulation. Regulation is virtually non existent.

Written on: 10/11/2014

Hello. We would be keen to investigate the issues you have raised regarding the drill holes into your property wall and the specification of the loft insulation. We have sent you a direct message regarding this.

We must state that Mark Group does not receive Government funding. Many customers are eligible for insulation schemes that secure funding through the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) which is devised and backed by the Government, overseen by Ofgem and exacted (as per the obligation imposed) by the major energy suppliers.

Our installations are quality checked through both internal and external inspections.

Written on: 11/11/2014

Under CERT and CESP no records were routinely kept by Ofgem on a property by property basis. You also knocked on people's doors telling them it was Govt funded at that time with a Govt backed guarantee. CIGA is neither Govt backed nor independent. In fact your very own Michael Cottingham of Mark Group 'fame' was one of CIGA's Directors between 2008 and 2009. Is it any wonder consumers don't have any redress? No Govt research into quality or technical monitoring has taken place since 1994 as far as I can see.

Written on: 15/11/2014

I agree with all Sparkly1's comments - absolutely the truth!!!

“BRILLIANT. WHATS MORE IT WAS FREE.....”

Written on: 05/11/2014 by GerryJoseph (3 reviews written)

My wife and I purchased a 1920's house in a village in Norfolk, to say the least it was a little run down. So I had many projects I was committed to, I tried to organise cavity wall insulation with British Gas and was told that I would have to pay around £2000 to have just the cavity wall insulation as it had some 4" loft insulation, that was something that would have to wait then. a month or so later I received a card from Marks Group about cavity Wall Insulation, I phoned them and was told… Read Full Review

Markgroupcs's Response to GerryJoseph's Review

Written on: 06/11/2014

Hello and thank you for your feedback. It is certainly true that finding out whether you are entitled to home insulation at a reduced cost or even no cost at all is an endeavour that can prove greatly rewarding! We are pleased to see that you are happy with your experience and can look forward to the benefits of your home insulation, especially in the coming winter months.

Jamesandsam's reply to Markgroupcs's Comment

What a joke!!!!!

Jamesandsam's Response to GerryJoseph's Review

Written on: 15/11/2014

I genuinely hope that you have not problems with cavity wall insulation - however be very aware that there is a very high failure rate. Trust me I am one of the unlucky ones.

Jamesandsam's Response to GerryJoseph's Review

Written on: 15/11/2014

“MARK GROUP. A company to steer clear of”

Written on: 04/11/2014 by Shepherdla247 (1 review written)

Mark Group quoted to change my boiler, it was all going well untill the first tradesman turned up to start the work. He asked where the boiler was going, so I showed him. It cant go in there he replied, but dont worry I will speak to the supervisor when he gets here. After about a 1hr discussion after The supervisor turned up, they decided to put the boiler in a totally different place to where it was planned to go. They are now telling me that although they used less materials, it still… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/11/2014

Hello. We can see you have already raised these concerns with our Customer Care Team. Should you wish to discuss this further we have sent you a direct message to get in touch.

“Damage and damp”

Written on: 04/11/2014 by hayleyml (1 review written)

A few weeks ago the mark group came and allegedly installed cwi. The house seems colder than before.There were hundreds of those silver balls EVERYWHERE, they left a terrible mess on my husbands motorbike which was on the drive and caused scratches to it. The biggest problem is my conservatory. Even though it only has a small rad it has always been comfortably warm. However, we now have a problem. The conservatory is now full of condensation, this has never happened before. You can see… Read Full Review

Markgroupcs's Response to hayleyml's Review

Written on: 05/11/2014

Hello. We would certainly be keen to arrange an inspection with you to find out what has happened here. We have sent you a direct message accordingly. We hope this helps.

Hayleyml's reply to Markgroupcs's Comment

Written on: 09/11/2014

I have emailed you back with all my details, still not heard a word. If I could upload the pics of my ruined furniture and the state of my walls here, I would. I've been having lots of work done to my lovely bungalow and i'm not letting you ruin it. There is just 6 weeks to christmas when my conservatory was supposed to be turned into a dining room before then. I will take this all the way if this is not resolved and I will contact my MP. I'm not having this. You've totally RUINED my conservatory

Sparkly1's reply to Hayleyml's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2014

Please find CWIVA cavity wall victims alliance on Twitter . Website coming soon

Hayleyml's reply to Sparkly1's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2014

thanks for this. i spoke to a manager yesterday who first of all tried to tell me i couldn't have damp coming through my walls as all the balls they install..................are dry ones.
I told him not to try and palm me off with rubbish. I may be a woman but i'm far from stupid. I sent him the pics I have and n ow they are apparently coming out next wednesday. Out of the 5 walls in the conservatory, i only have a problem with 2. The 2 they touched!!!!

Jamesandsam's reply to Hayleyml's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2014

I am also a founder member of CWIVA please, please do as Sparky1 had advised.

Hayleyml's reply to Jamesandsam's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2014

well an inspector came out from the mark group last week. on the day totally agreed that it was the insulation that had caused the problem as he could clearly see there was nothing causing the problems. Now i've received a letter from them saying the conservatory has an excess moisture production or an inadequate provision of ventilation (never had a problem in the 9 years since i've had the conservatory mind) and it's not caused by the wall insulation. The man who came clearly confirmed the only 2 walls that were affected were the ones that had the insulation, seems now they are backtracking. After ruined binds/furniture etc, I will take this all the way, just wondering if trading standards should be my first port of call, or I may even try and find out exactly who is dealing with the government funding, so they can see what is happening to people's homes with this 'funding'.

Jamesandsam's reply to Sparkly1's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2014

Yes, do as Sparkly1 says - you will get help!!!

“PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!!”

Written on: 27/10/2014

We had the Mark Group come out to our house the end of July to quote us for external wall insulation, we were given the beginning of September as a start date, a few days before this they called to say there had been a mix up in the paperwork and it would have to go back to the beginning of October, after weeks of phoning them and being fobbed off we still have no idea when they are coming, no one called us to tell us they couldn't meet the beginning of October, we have now had a few other… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/10/2014

Hello. We would like to address the concerns you have raised - clearly something isn't right here. We have sent you a direct message so we can investigate further. Thank you for your feed back.

Clairb1973's Comment

Written on: 10/11/2014

Well I had a message nearly 2 weeks ago to say someone would contact me, surprise surprise, nothing!!! It's shocking, can't believe you are aloud to get away with it, don't bother as I've now got a company that's cares and know what they are doing to do the job

Written on: 15/11/2014

The understatement of the century

Emyrt's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2014

I am in exactly the same position. I've spoken to 4 members of staff who have promised to call back but never have......3 of these have been managers. This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with.

Written on: 15/11/2014

Do not deal with this company - do not under any circumstances touch them with a long barge pole!!!

Clairb1973's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2014

Think we've had a lucky escape, we are ow using a company called SERS Energy, they have been really helpful.

“Usuall mark group no show. Utter time wasters”

Written on: 27/10/2014 by Skinnyvinny68 (1 review written)

booked a cavity and loft survey with this outit had seen the awfull reviews about this company but booked them anyway. Big mistake waited in all morning for an am appointment but no show just as a lot of reviews state. Phoned customer service to be told I was left a voicemail stating the call had been cancelled with no reason given why they couldn't attend. Please avoid these time wasters and book with a reputable company like British Gas unless you like waiting around for no reason that is… Read Full Review

Markgroupcs's Response to Skinnyvinny68's Review

Written on: 29/10/2014

Hello. We would be keen to look into what has gone wrong here and respond to your concerns. We have sent you a direct message to get in touch. We hope this helps.

Jamesandsam's Response to Skinnyvinny68's Review

Written on: 15/11/2014

My advice is to be very, very careful and do a thorough research, there is a huge influx of cavity wall insulation failures.

“Agressive doorstepping”

Written on: 24/10/2014 by 385McKinley (1 review written)

A salesman came to the door yesterday and spoke to my female tenant. He was very aggressive demanding to enter the house to evaluate the need for insulation. She told him that he could not come in but he had his foot inside the the doorway. Eventually she threatened to call the police and he left. This behaviour is not acceptable and is intimidating… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/10/2014

Hello. This is obviously very concerning to hear and we would be keen to investigate this. If you have any further information please do respond to our direct message so that we may discuss. Thank you for your feedback.

Written on: 15/11/2014

I should jolly well thinks so - your company is totally dreadful.

Written on: 15/11/2014

Do not, I repeat not have anything to do with this company.

There is a huge failure rate of CWI causing damp - 4 immediate neighbour and myself included.

“Cavity wall insulation us everywhere on my home”

Written on: 21/10/2014 by angelhp24 (1 review written)

The woman came to the door told her it was rented and has to speak to landlord, she was a bit odd looking at the front of the house for ages before knocking, landlord agreed it so she came back booked in for a appointment, The guys came polite friendly on time no problems until after they have gone, loft insulation is fine but the cavity wall insulation in come through my fuse box and my electricity box outside its such a mess everywhere can't get hold of them, Taken photos of the mess… Read Full Review

Markgroupcs's Response to angelhp24's Review

Written on: 29/10/2014

Hello. Something has clearly gone wrong here and we would be keen to resolve this for you as quickly as possible. We have sent you a direct message in order to discuss this with you. We hope this helps.

Jamesandsam's Response to angelhp24's Review

Written on: 15/11/2014

What a surprise (not) - total rubbish company.

You will have a terrible time on your hands trying to get them to admit responsibility - they will blame the weather, the pointing, poor maintenance even next door's cat - but they CWIVA cavity wall victim alliance - they will help. In the meantime go to twitter and investigate there.

“Sealed up all my vents, DAMP ISSUE”

Written on: 16/10/2014

I have just moved into my new house on the 2nd of October. There was a damp problem due to the lack of ventilation, mostly because someone had plastered over or painted shut all the vents. Anyway, the landlord paid a guy to come and unblock all the vents and once that was done the damp cleared up pretty quickly. Nasty black spotty stuff, not just wet patches. Took a lot of cleaning to get it cleared and aired out. A week later I get a knock at the door from a cavity wall company called "Mark… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/10/2014

Your house will go black it needs to come out. The material itself holds water

Written on: 15/11/2014

You are absolutely right about this company - they should be called
Fob Group, not Mark Group.

See Sparkly1's comment - trust me absolute truth

Written on: 29/10/2014

Hello. We are sorry to read that you are unhappy with your experience with us. We would advise that the pre-installation issues you have described are symptomatic of condensation. This is not damp. As per the guidelines we install to, vents may be sealed during the installation. We understand from your account that an inspection has been undertaken to address your concerns. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to respond to the direct message we have sent you. We hope this helps.

Written on: 15/11/2014

What absolute nonsense - I know more about cwi than you do - I suggest you go on a training course!!!

If what you say is true - why did the BBA tell MG to remove CWI from my home and pay for repairs.

One of the issues was that MG had sealed vents.

“Complete COWBOYS !!!!!!”

Written on: 16/10/2014 by 282Halsey (1 review written)

DO NOT USE THEM! After being cold called at my doorstep which is a Victorian terrace house with SOLID brick walls, I was informed that I had to have my "cavity" walls insulated under a new government policy or I risked paying more green tax ! When I explained to the salesman that my walls did not have a cavity and are of solid brick construction, I was told that I didn't know what I was talking about and unless I agreed to a full survey, I would be marked down on his shoddy looking clipboard… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/10/2014

Hello. We are concerned to read of your experience with this assessor. There is certainly some information here that is not in line with what we tell our customers. We have sent you a direct message so that we may discuss further. Thank you for your feedback.

Give me strength!!!

Written on: 15/11/2014

How disgusting - what absolute rubblish

“Terrible and it seems dishonest...”

Written on: 10/10/2014 by moHurley315 (1 review written)

I don't normally like being door-stepped and will avoid in future. Had 2 surveys done, ok so far. Work scheduled and truck arrived as expected. Their trucks are low and have a long tail so they can't go up steep drives, how the surveyors both missed this is a mystery. Unsuitable vehicles for a hilly county! Job abandoned and they said a manager would be in touch. No further contact until several weeks later when I received a guarantee for work done from REIGA. This implies they had claimed the… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/10/2014

Hello. We are sorry to read that your installation was aborted without follow-up. We would obviously not expect a certificate of guarantee to be issued in this instance and would be keen to investigate what has happened here. We have sent you a direct message so we may discuss further. We hope to hear from you.

“Damp with your INSULATION ”

Written on: 09/10/2014 by Crystalb364 (1 review written)

I got my loft done last year through the government and its causing mold and damp on the wood beams in the loft and damp patches through my ceiling it did the job with keeping the rooms warm but very poor condensation in the loft which i did nt have before and with this house been over 30yrs old i think you put too much down 270 mm to be correct and the roof cannot breath which is causing the wood to get fungi on it… Read Full Review

Buildingsurveyor1985's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2014

Hi you need to pull back the insulation from the eaves to let the air circulate otherwise the problem will persist. The installers shouldn't have stuffed it into the eaves, very bad practice as your house shows.

Written on: 14/10/2014

Hello. If this was a Mark Group installation we would certainly be happy to inspect these works for you. We have sent you a direct message if you are happy for us to arrange.

“ beware of them dreadful story”

Written on: 08/10/2014 by iwHumphrey29 (1 review written)

I sign up for cavity wall insulation with other company. Guy from mark group came to me offered same service. Told him I got it from other company. Came to me again while my absence at home, asked my wife to show him contract form other company. My wife was not aware the guy is from mark group she thought he represent company we already sigh up, she gave him the contract. He simply took it from her then gave her new contract to sign up. Left home stealing previous contract from my wife and not… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/10/2014

Hello. We are seriously concerned by your account and would like to investigate accordingly. We have sent you a direct message in order to discuss. Thank you for your feedback.

“Really poor service”

Written on: 07/10/2014 by Murtaback (1 review written)

After being sold external wall insulation on the door step we signed up to have the work done. We had a survey done which we were told was fine and a date was set for the work to start. After several mix ups with paper work and months of trying to call for a new start date, as they never ring you back after leaving messages on their answer phone. We were told that they cant do the work as they measured the house incorrectly. We have tried to get more info but again nobody has ever rang us back… Read Full Review

Sparkly1's Response to Murtaback's Review

Written on: 11/10/2014

I recommend page 9 in today's Telegraph property section 11/10/14

Markgroupcs's Response to Murtaback's Review

Written on: 14/10/2014

Hello. We are sorry to read of your difficult experience with the assessment for External Wall Insulation. We would be keen to follow up these concerns with you and have sent you a direct message in order to discuss this further. We hope this helps.

“Dreadfull Service- Do Not Use.”

Written on: 03/10/2014 by angrybloke1 (1 review written)

I am very angry with this company as they have messed us about and now wasted our time. Serveyer(I use that term very loosely) said that house was elidable for CWI, booked in in. The installers (who were pleasent and appolagetic) turned up and said they could not do it for several different ligitimate reasons which the "Serveyor" should have comunicated. The Office Staff are rude and the company is just desparate to get there money from the goverment anyway they can by using sharp practice. … Read Full Review

Markgroupcs's Response to angrybloke1's Review

Written on: 03/10/2014

Hello. If an installation has been aborted due to unsuitability this is something we always investigate as a serious concern and we would be keen to find out more here regarding your case. We have sent you a direct message as we would be eager to discuss further and resolve your concerns.

Jamesandsam's reply to Markgroupcs's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2014

Trust me you had a very lucky escape - this company is the pits!!!!!

“Don't bother, look elsewhere”

Written on: 02/10/2014

Contacted these people because they seemed to do a neat job nextdoor but they couldn't even manage to come and do the survey. They brought the initial appointment forward then cancelled three times on the morning of the planned visit, wasting my time and energy. After that I could not trust them and I won't be recommending them to anybody… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/10/2014

Hello. We are sorry to read of the failed appointment at your property. This is something we would be keen to look into. We have sent you a direct message in order to discuss further.

Written on: 06/10/2014