Apple iPhone 3GS Reviews

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

Summary

Apple have announced the new iPhone that improves on its older version, the iPhone 3G, by promising many features that were requested by iPhone users. The main addition to the Apple iPhone 3GS is speed and not only does it promise to be twice as fast as the older iPhones, but will also include a 3 Megapixel Camera, Multimedia Messaging (MMS), the Spotlight search functionality as seen on iMacs, greater battery life and the capacity has been boosted from a maximum of 16Gb to 32Gb.

If however you're looking to upgrade your iPhone, check out our reviews for the newly launched iPhone 4. If you already own a new iPhone 4, let us know what you think and write your very own review!

Apple iPhone 3GS - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Apple iPhone 3GS

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Worth the price”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by Fashionair (4 reviews written)

OK so I'm a bit late with this review but at least my review will be based on quite a few years of regular use. When I got it originally, it was my second iPhone and I got it as part of a deal with the phone company. Overall I can honestly say that it has been a great phone in so many ways. Never had any big issues with it. Everything works fine but sometimes I notice it gets a bit slow for a few seconds and then works fine. It is something I don't like but I can live with it. As the operating… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“Would recommend but Warranty / Repairs a joke”

Written on: 27/07/2011 by JamieMc (4 reviews written)

I love my iphone but I have a gripe that I think applies to many. When things go wrong and you are out of the 12 months warranty nobody from Orange or Apple want to know you!!!!! It is well documented that problems existed with all the iphones so if there are so many problems, and lets face it iphones are not cheap to buy, why is it that you have to have expensive insurance to see out your contract. Are Apple basically saying that the iphone is only good if you have a 1 year contract? My… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“Coming up to the period now where I can upgrade this...”

Written on: 03/05/2011 by rickster32 (3 reviews written)

Coming up to the period now where I can upgrade this phone (I've had it for just over a year) so thought it was an ideal time to review it seen as though it's been very well used.

I've been very happy with it, zero tech problems with it, although now its full of apps it does get a little sluggish.

The best thing about this phone is its versatility - its ideal for email, web browsing, texting, calendars and much much more. And is in no way dated despite being 2 years old.

What could be… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“I bought a used iPhone 3gs 16gb from these guys and it...”

Written on: 23/03/2011

I bought a used iPhone 3gs 16gb from these guys and it arrived 2 days later. For a used phone, it was as good as you'd expect. Box and cables were a bit grubby but this was shown in the pictures on the site. Phone works perfectly though and none of the various litmus papers in the device are red so it should be OK warranty-wise. Overall, an honest transaction… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“The iphone is actually much better than I anticipated!...”

Written on: 08/03/2011 by dodger44 (6 reviews written)

The iphone is actually much better than I anticipated! The features are fantastic; there is so much you can do with it. It is hard to imagine ever having another mobile again!
The battery life however is an issue. Mine lasts generally less than a day which is terrible if you don't have access to a charger - I sometimes have to take mine in to work which I don't like doing!
Another issue is how fragile it is. Although I have yet to experience this (and hopefully wont), some of my colleagues have… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“It's true, once you have owned an iPhone, you can't...”

Written on: 11/02/2011 by dangermousette (8 reviews written)

It's true, once you have owned an iPhone, you can't imagine how you managed without it! It becomes a communication hub, and on top of that is beautifully styled. The interface is excellent, and from day one, you don't miss having a physical keys to type with.

The only downsides are:

- The case isn't very robust (mine cracked after a relatively minor drop)
- The camera is in the wrong place. About 30% of my pictures have my finger over the corner
- Battery life isn't too hot, especially when… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“I have had my iPhone 3GS for nine months now and for...”

Written on: 12/07/2010 by luckyx (1 review written)

I have had my iPhone 3GS for nine months now and for me there is no going back. The memory on mine is 16GB, which is sufficient for me but you can also buy it with a 32GB memory capacity. The range of apps that you can buy is quite amazing as some of them help you in your every day life (eg. ShopShop which is used as a shopping list) whilst others include games which make sure that you are never bored.
When using the internet through a 3G connection, it is a little slower than a wifi… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“Had this phone for 6 months now. Many great points...”

Written on: 03/06/2010 by robbyj64 (3 reviews written)

Had this phone for 6 months now. Many great points and some not so good.

Being away from home a lot, I've found the apps really have helped enormously. Just to name a few : shopshop, scannerpro, anote, good food guide, dropbox.. These have all saved me carrying additional bits of hardware or books. Apps on their own make the iphone a must have accessory for me.

Phone functions are average. Battery life is awful if you use apps a lot like I do, so I make sure I can charge it regularly… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“Look beautiful,function powerful.The only drawback is...”

Written on: 01/06/2010 by dyongzhi (1 review written)

Look beautiful,function powerful.The only drawback is the lack of battery life.Very suitable for business people to use… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“Its my frist phone of 3rd GEneration and I love it. ”

Written on: 27/05/2010 by rodrequj (3 reviews written)

Its my frist phone of 3rd GEneration and I love it.
I was trying to see if I would buy a blackberry or an iPhone.. but at the end I bought the iPhone. It's so much versatile, I can control my laptop, my appleTV, the speakers in my room... it's amazing!… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“The Iphone is the type of phone that is marveled by...”

Written on: 08/05/2010 by welshgirl44 (35 reviews written)

The Iphone is the type of phone that is marveled by many class' and ages. It's capability is astounding with an easy text service, easy email access, and thousands of useful and pointless apps to be downloaded of the convenient square-"The App Store". Yet, among the many strengths, including internet and it's superior connectivity, there are weakness' such as the App's can crash causing the screen to return to the first page of Apps. Another thing is that you can't get rid of stuff such as the… Read Full Review

Cutehunk69's Response to welshgirl44's Review

Written on: 10/07/2010

I found this review helpful because...there are lots of info and guide for new beginner or someone looking for new phone to get to know more about Apple. As far as we know, Apple yet is the best manufacter of the world phone.

Apple iPhone 3GS

“Yes, this is a great phone. As it is branded by Apple...”

Written on: 16/02/2010 by iswiti (3 reviews written)

Yes, this is a great phone. As it is branded by Apple surely it is not doubted about its quality. I purchased this phone 6 months ago, and found it useful… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“The Apple iphone 3GS 32GB is a good sized phone and,...”

Written on: 07/01/2010 by dmarcs2k (5 reviews written)

The Apple iphone 3GS 32GB is a good sized phone and, with the new screen it looks great. The touchscreen sensitivity is spot on and, having chunky fingers, texting and just general typing really is not an issue.
Having itunes and the App Store available is fantastic. It's no hassle searching and, downloads are easy. There are applications to suit all and they are as easy to remove as they are to install.

The real downside is the battery life. If you intend to use the applications on your… Read Full Review

Deekboats's Response to dmarcs2k's Review

Written on: 08/02/2010

I found this review very helpful because...i got to no about the battery life i will buy a extra one when i get the phone in a week

Apple iPhone 3GS

“Thank you Orange for finally releasing the iPhone 3GS....”

Written on: 20/11/2009

Thank you Orange for finally releasing the iPhone 3GS. I have wanted an iPhone for a very long time but did not want to change Networks.

Orange 3G Network is the best and downloading apps and emails are extremley fast exactly what is needed for me as I use the phone for business http://www.b-a-s-s.co.uk (Discounted Car Audio, Security, Multimedia & Navigation)

The phone is amazing a bit on the expensive side if you want to buy one outright and I agree with some previous posts camera could be… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“I got the latest Apple iPhone 3GS delivered recently....”

Written on: 07/09/2009 by tomhudson (4 reviews written)

I got the latest Apple iPhone 3GS delivered recently. Great product.

Works a lot quicker than the older model. The new Compass feature intergrated into Google Maps is a really easy to use.

Have played a few games I downloaded off the App Store. Its a great experience. The battery life is not that great to be honest, but can't complain as the USB charger comes in really handy.

Overall great phone. A bit overpriced, else would have rated it 5 stars… Read Full Review

Apple iPhone 3GS

“Having bought the original iphone and the 3G, it was...”

Written on: 11/07/2009

Having bought the original iphone and the 3G, it was inevitable I would buy the 3GS. Initially, it seemed that other than the talk about the improved processor speed and the video functionality, the main improvements were attributable to the 3.0 software update. Having now owned the 3GS, I can happily say that there are significant differences between the 2 iphones. The most noticeable is the speed and this is most obvious when using the web browser, it's just so much quicker and loads web… Read Full Review