ClearDebt Reviews - www.cleardebt.co.uk

ClearDebt www.cleardebt.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for ClearDebt www.cleardebt.co.uk

ClearDebt www.cleardebt.co.uk

“Fantastic service”

Written on: 18/08/2016 by Kirsty207 (1 review written)

Have been dealt with these past few weeks. Fantastic service. Polite. Times to suit me and was very understanding and helpful. Went through everything so i understood and has dealt with everything. Ive had to sort out some paperwork thats it. Iva has been approved and im so glad i can finally deal with debts in one payment. Thank you!!… Read Full Review

“Hang out to dry”

Written on: 31/03/2016 by YulianaFlood (1 review written)

Very disappointing that we have been told we are no longer with clear debt and we are under a different company we know nothing about no contact from clear debt and a unknown future.promise 500 pounds back from PPI payout my wife had some of it when you ring up to see when we are get the rest they say they have no money.thanks clear debt for nothing… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/04/2016

Hi,

Whilst I am sorry to learn of your frustration, your criticism of ClearDebt here is, I feel, completely unjustified.

As has been explained to you, your IVA was transferred by order of the High Court to Aperture Debt Solutions LLP (“Aperture”) on 29 January 2016, following the transfer of approximately 8,700 other cases where I was the Supervisor; as a result, I am no longerthe Supervisor of your IVA and he is now in office.

This means that I no longer have any jurisdiction over the administration of your IVA.

Aperture are a highly reputable company and I am confident that your IVAs will continue to be run to the same high standards you have come to expect from ClearDebt.

As ClearDebt no longer handle your cases, if you or your wife have any queries regarding your respective IVAs, you should contact Aperture directly who will, I am sure, be happy to help.

Aperture’s contact details are available on their website.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you the best for the future with Aperture.

Former Supervisor

“Disapointed”

Written on: 22/03/2016 by Tonysifleet (1 review written)

Don't use this company...... For a £46,000 debt it as cost me £67,103 so they have taken £17,000 in charges they also use a company called drsp. False advertising No £500 for your ppi. Not helpful. Anyone looking to go to these be advised the are now called aperture . With help from a professional source this is being looked into in regards to their practices… Read Full Review

Cleardebt's Response to Tonysifleet's Review

Written on: 29/03/2016

Hi,

For everyone’s benefit, I am responding for ClearDebt to correct the inaccuracies in your original post.

With the your permission, I will be happy to provide a detailed breakdown of the precise figures involved in your own case as I have nothing to hide and I feel that your original post is inaccurate and could mislead other readers. For now, however, I shall not go into these figures in detail.

As was explained to you following your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (“FOS”) in 2014, your IVA was NOT taken out through ClearDebt, so ClearDebt cannot have mis-sold the product to you as we provided no initial advice to you. As I have had no further correspondence from FOS on this matter in the 20 months since a formal response was issued to you, I can only assume that they agree that your complaint was without merit.

The idea of an IVA is to repay as much as you can reasonably afford over a fixed period (normally five years), at the end of this term your creditors will forgive any balance which has not been paid. The most you would ever be expected to repay is the total amount of the original debt, plus fees (as agreed with your creditors and outlined in your original proposal with another unconnected firm), plus statutory interest at 8% per annum. This is normally significantly lower than the typical interest rates charged by creditors.

In your case, there was a period of more than 12 months during which you did not make any monthly contributions. Instead of allowing your IVA to fail and leaving you back at square one with your creditors and facing further action from them (including the resumption of interest and charges which had remained frozen since your IVA was approved) as well as possible bankruptcy proceedings, ClearDebt worked with you to put a proposal to your creditors to allow your IVA to continue.

Once your payments resumed after this variation was approved by your creditors, you only missed one payment which you then caught up with, meaning that, in total, you had made monthly contributions totaling less than half of your original debt. When combined with the additional money which was introduced from mis-sold PPI, by the end of your IVA you had repaid your creditors close to, but not quite, the full amount of your original debt, meaning that, at the time that your final documents were issued, you were being forgiven a percentage of your original debt. Additionally, you also saved more than six years’ worth of interest, which, based on statutory interest calculations, would have been approximately another 50% in total being added to your original debt level, but potentially much more than this, as previously explained).

Any additional funds received from PPI mis-selling post completion are to be forwarded to me for the benefit of your creditors (but only up to the limit of what you owe, plus fees and statutory interest.

Fees paid to your IVA providers have come from the IVA “pot”, to the detriment of your creditors (which both you and they agreed to when your IVA was first proposed).

Regarding the £500 you mentioned, I offer a discretionary payment of £500 to be retained by a debtor for their co-operation with the investigation into mis-sold PPI. In your particular case, I exercised my discretion, based on your circumstances, to allow you to retain £1,500 in order to replace your car. Please note, I had no obligation to do this, so for you to claim that you are due another £500 is incorrect and disingenerous.

Finally, ClearDebt are not called Aperture. In fact, approximately 8,700 IVA cases where I was the Supervisor were transferred to Gareth William Neill of Aperture Debt Solutions LLP (“Aperture”) on 29 January 2016, following a business agreement between ClearDebt and Aperture. For those cases affected, he is now in office.

ClearDebt continues to operate as a business in its own right and with no affiliation to Aperture.

I trust this now clarifies matters for all.

Sincerely

“paid up custermer”

Written on: 16/03/2016 by scobydo (1 review written)

was cleared of our iva 7 01 2016 still waiting for our completion documents have asked when will they be sent told at least another 2 to 3 months was told aparantly company been sold also have asked for a full break down as to were has all our payments been paid to each creaditor also how much of our fees went to clear deabt them selfs but nobody is willing to ansere… Read Full Review

Cleardebt's Response to scobydo's Review

Written on: 18/03/2016

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear of your concerns, however I believe that you may be mistaken in thinking that this is a ClearDebt issue.

As you may be aware, a large number of IVA cases were transferred from ClearDebt to Aperture Debt Solutions LLP on 29 January 2016, so it is Aperture who are responsible for finalising these cases – legally, ClearDebt cannot issue any completion documents to you as I am no longer the Supervisor of your IVA.

When Aperture issue your completion report, both you and your creditors will receive a full breakdown of what has been paid in to the IVA pot. The fees and costs are paid from this pot (at the expense of the creditor – which they agreed to from the outset) and the remaining funds distributed to your creditors, who will then write off any remaining balance.

I’m sure that Aperture are working through cases and finalising them as quickly as they can, but if you like, please feel free to e-mail me and I will be happy to pass on your feedback to Aperture and request that they contact you. Alternatively, you can contact them directly here.

Former Supervisor

Scobydo's reply to Cleardebt's Comment

Written on: 06/04/2016

I have never heard of these people no body has been in touch with us to explain what is happening if is now 5 months since this was paid and we got a letter saying everything was settled and we would get our certificate but clear debt or who ever took over have not made any contact with us how much longer is it likely to take

“Very unhappy : ( ”

Written on: 19/02/2016

Been with clear debt now on my finally year , should be the most happy time of my life completing my IVA , actually no ! I have nothing but stess, demanding more money I do not have , my info not being updated when you have requested my yearly review, different insolvency advisors giving me wrong information , no waiting for a manger to investigate my file , don't know how much I can take… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/02/2016

I am sorry to hear of your concerns and would be grateful if you could send me an e-mail with your reference number and contact details so that I can look into this for you.

Compliance Manager

“completed recently. great support”

Written on: 08/02/2016

Having been part of a joint IVA (well two within one house anyway) we have just completed after approx 6 years. ClearDebt have been sport on all the way through from initial contact, to my longest IP etc. they always got back quickly by direct email or phone and listened to you. I received my PPI first payout of £500 as promised and my certificate within 3 weeks of my final payment. Really spot on setup. My only little gripe is that the IP's did change frequently after the first 2 years which… Read Full Review

“Excellent Company”

Written on: 02/02/2016 by JB62 (1 review written)

I recently completed an IVA with Cleardebt and received my completion certificate in less than 7 days from completion. I cannot recommend this company enough. I would specially like to mention Sailesh Vara who was my caseworker during my IVA. He was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process, always very friendly and professional and responded to all emails/phone calls quickly - he really is a credit to Cleardebt. Anybody who needs help with their debts should not hesitate in… Read Full Review

“They sort all your problems out 4 you”

Written on: 01/02/2016 by MeghanErickson (1 review written)

Clear Debt are a really good company 2 work with they guide u through all the things u might not understand very helpful and they take away a lot of worry and anxiety u may have as long as u give all the information u can they will do there very utmost 2 sort out your financial problems would definitely recommend Clear Debt 2 any one… Read Full Review

“Iva recently completed”

Written on: 09/12/2015

Having read other reviews I can only say that cleardebt have acted in a professional way at all times. I have been kept informed throughout. If you stick to your end of the agreement then there is no problems. With regard to PPI payments what ever is collected on your behalf will reduce your total debt. It was a decision that I am glad I took, it took a huge weight of my mind and gave my creditors as much as I could afford, you won't have any luxuries for several years but it is the best… Read Full Review

“Exceptional service, non judgemental and has your best...”

Written on: 03/12/2015 by AryanMcDougall201 (1 review written)

Exceptional service, non judgemental and has your best interest at heart! I can now sleep without the worry of baliffs and letters, this was by far the best decision I have made. The team is fantastic and I can not thank them enough. If you are considering and form of debt management I would highly recommend Clear Debt!!… Read Full Review

“Swimming in ever decreasing circles of debt, then...”

Written on: 21/11/2015

Having big tried to juggle five then four credit card bills for several years it b came apparent that I was not going to be able to repay them so I sought guidance from Cleardebt. I liked the way that each step of the process Clear debt regularly communicated what was happening and what I would need to do next. The process was transparent but did take rather longer than I would have hoped. I know where I stand with my finances and am budgeting for my future. I will have six years to build up… Read Full Review

“Should be called MoreDebt”

Written on: 14/10/2015 by PoorBoy81 (1 review written)

Rubbish and worse than been chased by the companies you owe money too. Be prepared for poor customer service, extortionate fees not to mention endless claims for PPI. If you ask them for an IVA stick with it and do not get on the wrong side of them or it will be solicitors letters (from a company I suspect Cleardebt are connected to so win/win for them when they try and recover legal fees) and a trip to the Bankruptcy Court. They made me feel like a criminal. I wish I could give minus… Read Full Review

Cleardebt's Response to PoorBoy81's Review

Written on: 15/10/2015

Hi,

I am sorry to hear of your concerns and would like to address these for you in the context of your own case. ClearDebt prides itself on the standard of the service we provide, so I am keen to look into this for you. I would therefore be grateful if you can contact me with your name, reference number and contact details so that I can look into this further for you.

Just for the benefit of others reading this post, the “extortionate fees” which you mention are paid from the monthly contributions which you make and these are agreed in advance by both yourself and your creditors. These are taken from the amount you and your creditors have agreed you can afford to repay and do not increase your contribution by one penny. They reduce the return your creditors accept and, provided you complete the IVA, it is your creditors that effectively pay these fees. The only exception would be if you had a positive change in your financial circumstances which put you in the fortunate position of being able to repay all of your IVA creditors full, plus statutory interest and fees, therefore allowing you to complete your IVA early.

Any claims for mis-sold PPI are assets of the IVA which must be realised for the benefit of your creditors and this will also be of benefit to you if any such claims come to fruition, as a discretionary payment of up to the first £500 net which is received into the IVA estate will be made to you, once all of these claims are complete.

I look forward to hearing from you so that I can address your concerns personally.

Sincerely

Reid34's Response to PoorBoy81's Review

Written on: 11/02/2016

I am now having some real issues with clear debt, I am nearly at the end of my term of my iva , since January I have so many problems , with payments that where agreed to be placed at the end of my term back from 2004, to be told by the insolveny advisor (which has changed so many times I can't count on my fingers) they would only need 60 payments to complete my iva , to receive a letter on Monday to stated my income had gone up so they are now asking me to pay more money , was told when I called on Monday someone would need to look into it ? They would call me in 3 days , 3 days pass and no call so I call this morning to be told my income and expenditure Haven't been updated , I have not had a pay rise and do not understand why they have not checked my expenditure over the last five years as my income has never changed if anything The cost of living has gone up , they are going to look into it but the stress is getting to me

“Relief ”

Written on: 13/09/2015

Cleardebt changed my life. They were so helpful throughout my IVA.They never judged me only helped. The day i received confimation that my IVA was ended I cried with happiness Now I can sleep at night thanks to them… Read Full Review

“Nearly over”

Written on: 06/09/2015 by Skanny316 (1 review written)

Case officers over time frame No issues over the initial 5 year IVA timeframe and case officers where professional and always responded and I would recommend them to anyone who has had debt issues, however my IVA finished 6 months ago and I have still not been signed off or received my £500 for completing the PPI claims, I have just found the ending slightly frustrating as once you have made that final payment and breath a sigh of relief you then have a further six months of waiting and… Read Full Review

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 03/09/2015 by McQueen108 (1 review written)

This company should be avoided and their sole aim seems to be to line their own pockets in terms of fees. My own IVA failed through no fault of my own. I heard nothing from from this company for over 3 years and then, without warning, a private investigator is serving me with a bankruptcy petition! Yes, this is a company that claims to help! Avoid as they are worse than the creditors. Take advice from a charity and with any iva have a solicitor check the documents for you. Avoid these… Read Full Review

Abacus_Finance's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2015

Hi,

I am sorry to hear of your concerns and would certainly like to look into your case for you.

I find it very strange that you would have received no communication for 3 years, as any IVA requires an annual report to be circulated. Similarly, a petition for bankruptcy would not be issued unless the terms of the IVA had been breached.

ClearDebt have never hired a private investigator - any bankruptcy papers would be served by an officer of the courts, so it seems you may have your facts mixed up on this.

I would be grateful if you could contact me with your details so that I can look into this for you and provide you with a more substantive response.

Kind regards,

Mondymondy's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2015

Sorry if my comments were slightly misleading. Yes I have had annual reports (mixed in with endless ppi claim paperwork). Yes there was a breach which I asked for and your acknowledged..3.5 years ago - no reference to BR. Who sent the pi is immaterial....you, without any warning or discussion, instigated it. It is clear it is a last ditch attempt to line your own pockets via a IPO. I would like to thank you for the stress this has caused to both myself and my family and the far reaching impact this may have on my life. I have no wish to discuss this directly with you in the same way you chose not to discuss BR with me!

“Clear Debt IVA Review”

Written on: 15/08/2015

Clear Debt were great throughout my IVA, so helpful, understanding, and not judgmental. Thank you so much, I can now get on with my life without all that worry and stress… Read Full Review

“Putting your debts on hold”

Written on: 14/07/2015 by dzHoover3 (1 review written)

At first thought this was brilliant, helping me at a time where unforeseen circumstances forced me down this route after all it was my own fault I'd got into debt, after contacting my debtors with no joy I felt had no option but to turn to these people everything seemed ok until another crisis hit our family and couldn't afford the payments £600 per month. Now after termination of IVA our creditors are chasing for their money, all the payments we have made have gone in fees to clear debt and… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/07/2015

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you had a change in circumstances meaning that you could not afford to make your payments, however I simply cannot agree with your post.

I don’t wish for anyone to be deterred from looking into an IVA with ClearDebt (or anyone else for that matter) purely because they are worried what might happen if they have a significant change in circumstances. We will always try to work with you to salvage your arrangement wherever possible, whether that entails looking at a payment break for a few months while you get back on your feet, or putting a more formal proposal to your creditors to vary the terms of your IVA to something which is affordable.

For you to state that an IVA is only putting off what needs paying is completely incorrect. In the overwhelming majority of cases, a debtor will successfully comply with the terms of their arrangement and have a large portion of their debt written off by their creditors.

It is only in exceptional circumstances that an IVA would fail and even if such unforeseen circumstances arose, there would clearly be an impact regardless of whether you were in an IVA or not.

If you would like to contact me with your reference number and/or name & address, I will be happy to provide you with a breakdown of what money has been received into your IVA estate, what fees have been paid and any distributions that have been made to your creditors.

CEO
ClearDebt Limited

“helpful allways willing to anwer questions ”

Written on: 09/07/2015 by Whitevi286 (1 review written)

fantastic help and support and might need advice I would tell anyone who needs help to call… Read Full Review

“AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE”

Written on: 24/04/2015 by morpheus1978 (1 review written)

I made a a terrible mistake using this company. They completely missold this to me. What they dont tell you is that they use a company called DRSP for PPI and packaged bank accounts. They give DRSP 35% of claims. You have no choice in doing this and they don't tell you up front. Do you really want a 3rd partu company raking their grubbly little hands through your credit file knowing bow financial services work there is a clear financial incentive for cleardeb but they dont disclose it. I… Read Full Review

Cleardebt's Response to morpheus1978's Review

Written on: 12/05/2015

Hi,

I am sorry to hear of your concerns.

Any compensation owed for mis-sold PPI and PBA’s is classed as being an asset of a debtor’s IVA and the supervisor has an obligation to ensure that any potential claims are investigated independently, so it is necessary for an independent Claims Management Company (“CMC”) to undertake these investigations. This is not a case of somebody “raking their grubby little hands” through a debtor’s credit file – it is to ensure that any potential claims are realised so that their creditors receive a fair return for agreeing to a legally binding contract to write off a substantial proportion of their debt as well as freezing interest and charges and giving a fixed period over which these reduced contributions are made. These are the major benefits of an IVA and all of these benefits cannot be achieved by approaching creditors directly.

DRSP Limited (DRSP) were selected to undertake this work due to their expertise and experience in dealing with complex mis-sold PPI claims on behalf of insolvent parties; indeed there are a great many CMCs who simply will not undertake such investigations for people who are currently subject to an IVA due to the complexities involved.

DRSP’s fees are paid from the successful claims which are paid into the estate (at the creditors’ expense, which they agree to) and in the majority of cases, the supervisor is able to make a discretionary £500 goodwill gesture to the debtor once all investigations have been completed in recognition of their co-operation with DRSP (subject to sufficient mis-selling compensation being recovered into the IVA estate).

Furthermore, your assertion that ClearDebt receives any kind of payment or “back hander” from DRSP is wholly incorrect. As I mentioned earlier, DRSP were selected on merit for their expertise in this field and your speculation to the contrary is entirely unfounded and totally unsubstantiated and disingenuous.

As a company, we are more than happy to address any concerns you may have in an open and honest manner; as such, if you have any further issues which you would like me to address, I can be contacted directly by email and I will be happy to assist in any way I can.

Mondymondy's Response to morpheus1978's Review

Written on: 03/09/2015

Great review and I agree as this my experience of a company looking to line it's pockets at the expense of the creditor. I received endless documents from DRSP despite repeatedly telling clear debt I never had ppi!! Shameful that companies such as clear debt are allowed to profit in this manner.

“Review of ClearDebt ”

Written on: 17/04/2015 by Hamza335 (1 review written)

I dont want asked nothink :) I just want to say BIG BIG BIG THANKS for this company.The people who worked on my case ,they helped me a lot.I can recomend this company for everybody ,who has the situation like i had. Respect for you guys .I definetly recomend you for people who has the same problem like me . Again THANKS VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review