ClearDebt Reviews - www.cleardebt.co.uk

ClearDebt www.cleardebt.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for ClearDebt www.cleardebt.co.uk

ClearDebt www.cleardebt.co.uk

“Review of ClearDebt ”

Written on: 17/04/2015 by Hamza335 (1 review written)

I dont want asked nothink :) I just want to say BIG BIG BIG THANKS for this company.The people who worked on my case ,they helped me a lot.I can recomend this company for everybody ,who has the situation like i had. Respect for you guys .I definetly recomend you for people who has the same problem like me . Again THANKS VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“Disappointed”

Written on: 06/04/2015 by Shayla239 (1 review written)

I started with clear debt 12 months and have constantly been let down, f Transferring my debt so an Iva i didn't recieve a statement which I thought was strange at the time though I had an idea of my creditors and the balances. In April 14 lloyds notified me that my ppi of £1300 would be paid to clear debt I called clear debt and asked that as soon as this had been paid could I get a statement?yes ahe said... October I hadn't received anything I called and was told that they had not had the… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/04/2015

Hi,

I am sorry if you have misunderstood the letter which was sent to you. This letter was sent to all of ClearDebt’s IVA customers to explain to them that the ongoing issue of investigating mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance (“PPI”) which had been preventing many customers from receiving their completion certificates even though they had made all of their agreed contributions had been resolved.

For the avoidance of doubt:-

1. The letter did not state “Congratulations you have paid off your debts and your Iva is cleared” as you claim; in fact the letter said “ On Friday 20 March 2015 your creditors agreed to a mass variation that will now allow me to close your IVA and issue you with any relevant certificate if all the expected contributions have been made.” I should stress again the point “If all the expected contributions have been made.”

As you are aware, the agreement that is made at the outset of most IVAs is to make 60 monthly contributions over a period of 5 years (as well as addressing any equity in the property if applicable after 54 months). As you state that you only started your IVA 12 months ago, it would seem to me that you have still have roughly 4 years of contributions yet to be made (assuming that your payments are up to date and that your start date is correct) and you should continue to make your expected monthly contributions, however if you wish, you can contact your CSO who will be able to confirm the exact number of payments left to be made as things stand.

2. At the outset of an IVA, all of the creditors are written to, requesting an up to date balance. This is so calculations can be made to work out what percentage of distributions should be made to each creditor on a pro-rata basis. During the course of the arrangement, the balances of the debts are, to all intents and purposes, irrelevant, as the debts are written off by your creditors once you have fulfilled your obligations under the terms of your IVA. Your supervisor will, however, send an annual report to both you and your creditors, breaking down what has been received and what has been distributed to your creditors.

Given that you state your IVA started 12 months ago, I expect that your first annual report is currently being prepared and will be sent to you in due course; your CSO will be able to confirm this for you if you contact them.

I should also point out that the Financial Ombudsman Service (“FOS”) does not have any jurisdiction over the supervision of IVAs. If you do have any concerns which you would like to be addressed in the context of your specific case, I can be contacted by e-mail and I will be happy to help. A copy of ClearDebt’s complaints procedure is posted on our website cleardebt or is available on request from your CSO, although I am confident if this reply has not answered your query, I will be able to do so to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Compliance Manager

“Clear Debt should be really called Put off your debt”

Written on: 21/03/2015 by nhspensioner (1 review written)

I have just retired after nearly 40 years in the NHS and have recieved my pension / lump sum. I have been on an IVA for 2 years and was shocked to be told I would have to pay off my IVA in full. This was nearly £36000 and a significsnt chunk of my lump sum. They even said it had to be paid in preference to SECURED DEBT and were told my Insolvency Practitioner could petition for my bankrupcy if i did comply. Fees are rediculously high and you even pay for the free postage envelopes !! You are… Read Full Review

Cleardebt's Response to nhspensioner's Review

Written on: 07/04/2015

Hi,

I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction. Without having access to your particular case file, I am unable to comment specifically on your own situation, however I can confirm the following:-

Your IVA proposal will contain details relating to any windfalls which you receive during the course of your arrangement. In almost all cases, any such windfall over the value of £500 would need to be paid into your arrangement. Clearly it would be unreasonable to expect your creditors to write off a significant amount of debt if you received a large lump sum, and instead of repaying these debts as outlined within your IVA, attempted to use this money to repay secured borrowing instead.

It is also correct that if you were to refuse to pay money owed to your IVA from such a windfall, that this may, ultimately, lead to a petition for your bankruptcy being presented.

With regard to remortgaging in the latter stages of an IVA (with any company, not just ClearDebt), it is expected that all homeowners should attempt to remortgage their property after 54 months of a 60 month arrangement, in order to release equity to be paid to their creditors. It is not correct to say that anyone would be made bankrupt if they were unable to remortgage; refusing to attempt to remortgage or to co-operate with the terms of your IVA may ultimately lead to this scenario, however, provided you comply and attempt to remortgage (whether successful or not), this would simply not be the case.

Any fees payable are paid from the IVA estate and are agreed, prior to the commencement of your IVA, by both yourself and your creditors; in the majority of circumstances, these fees are paid to the creditors’ detriment, however, if you are fortunate enough to come into enough money to be able to repay your IVA in full before the end of its natural term, then you have benefitted from the protection afforded by the IVA preventing your creditors from pursuing normal collection activity and applying potentially very high interest rates and penalty charges.

Finally, all free post envelopes are sent out free of charge. If you have experienced any difficulties receiving these envelopes, or would like me to address any specific details relating to your individual complaint, please feel free to e-mail me.

Compliance Manager

“Do not even consider "Clear Debt" as an option”

Written on: 27/01/2015 by absolutenightmare (1 review written)

Absolute nightmare! This company has changed its name on several occasions since being with them. Due to unforeseen difficulties including the death of my mother during our IVA, our 5yr arrangement is now going into its 8th year! The people managing our IVA are no better than the hounds that constantly attempt to terrorise you into paying extortionate fees. They constantly threaten you with the failure of your debtors being given the power to "come after you" for your initial debt (plus… Read Full Review

Cleardebt's Response to absolutenightmare's Review

Written on: 28/01/2015

I am sorry to learn of your concerns and also offer my condolences on the passing of your mother.

Without having access to your case notes, I am unable to comment specifically on your individual personal circumstances, although it would not be appropriate for me to do so in any case in a public forum.

To answer the points you have raised in general terms:-

• ClearDebt has not changed its name at any point (other than at the time of listing as a public liability company). It is possible that you may have started your IVA with a different Insolvency provider who subsequently ceased trading and whose cases were taken over by ClearDebt; this is not at all uncommon.

• Remember your IVA almost certainly would have written off a significant proportion of your debts, if you made all the payments and that interest and charges were frozen on the day you entered the arrangement - which will have saved you a great deal of money. However, if a debtor does not comply with the terms of their IVA which leads to its failure, they are no longer afforded protection from their creditors who are then free to resume normal collection activities; this will mean that the full amount of the original debt becoming payable as well as the likely resumption of interest and charges and may, ultimately, lead to enforcement action being taken on the part of the creditor such as bailiff visits, money being deducted from their wages, charging orders being placed against their property, or, in certain cases, a petition being presented for their bankruptcy. I don't think you were being threatened. I think you were being fairly warned as to what might happen.

• The fees charged by ClearDebt are agreed prior to the commencement of an IVA and are approved by the debtor’s creditors who are bound by this Arrangement. You pay a monthly contribution that you and your creditors agree that you can afford and our fees are deducted from that - you don't pay a penny more. These are comprised of Nominee’s Fees (a fixed amount for arranging the IVA) and Supervisor’s Fees (a percentage amount of future realisations for running the IVA – generally 15%). These fees, as well as general costs incurred, are deducted from the IVA estate. Unless the debtor’s circumstances change and they come into enough money to repay their IVA in full, these deductions are to the creditors’ detriment and are agreed and approved by them in advance. I cannot foresee any circumstances where the Nominee’s and Supervisor’s fees could possibly equate to being three times that of the dividends paid to creditors.

• ClearDebt utilises the services of an external independent claims management company to investigate any potential claims for mis-sold PPI which may be realised for a debtor’s IVA estate. Your assertion that there is any conflict of interest in so doing is entirely incorrect. Nor is your allegation that ClearDebt’s chairman is a major shareholder in such claims management company – I don’t know where you get that from and is totally an unfair criticism for you to make.

• Whilst administering an IVA, the Supervisor’s role is not to offer preferential treatment – they are there to balance the interests of the creditors as well as the debtor. As previously stated, unless the debtor’s circumstances change allowing them to repay their IVA in full, in the overwhelming majority of cases, this leads to a large proportion of the debt being written off, as well as the debtor being afforded protection from their creditors taking further action throughout the duration of the IVA; for you to generalise and say “Deal with your own creditors it is much much MUCH less expensive” is clearly erroneous and factually wrong.

If you would like me to address any issues regarding your own case, I would be grateful if you could contact me by e-mail with your reference number and/or contact details so that I can reply to you directly with regard to your own specific circumstances.

Sincerely

“Thank You ”

Written on: 12/01/2015 by GaryRichards (2 reviews written)

Would just like to thank all the ClearDebtLimited team and in particular my personal advisor, for all the advice and support they gave me throughout my IVA, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Would and will recommend their service to everyone… Read Full Review

“Do not involve these people in your life”

Written on: 19/12/2014 by gbYates342 (1 review written)

Worst experience ever, the term miss sold should be applied to these people, full of promise but no delivery of any support, started with sending documents to the wrong address then the regular changing of managers 4th in as many years extensions of ridiculous length, increases in payment due to errors on their part, refusal to accept lower earnings as a reason to reduce payments with the constant reminder of arrears and potential failure. This process has ended my marriage and my life as it… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/12/2014

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.

In order for me to locate your details, I would be grateful if you could provide me with your reference number and I will endeavour to address your concerns.

“getting my life back”

Written on: 17/11/2014 by ostrich61 (1 review written)

cleardebt is helping me get my life back instead of dreading waking up in a morning, i rate it 95 percent, the other 5 percent is after a year still waiting for my goodwill payment from ppi that is my only negative… Read Full Review

“Completion Certificate received”

Written on: 06/10/2014 by TMeredith (1 review written)

I received my Completion Certificate at the weekend after 5 long years, I am now debt free, with a promise to never get in debt again. Clear Debt have been very good, no problems throughout the whole of the 5 year period. All my documents were submitted and acknowledged on time and there was help available at all times, if I needed it. I am so releaved, I now have my completion certificate. I can at last, get on with the remainder of my life… Read Full Review

“Really really friendly and helpful im happy I got my life”

Written on: 29/09/2014 by John.swallow1985 (1 review written)

Just want to say that I am really really happy and thankful for all the help clear debt helped me with. All the staff at clear debt was helpful and got my life back thanks for sorting out a debt relief order which I never heard of until I got in touch with clear debt and told them bout all the debts. If you ever need to talk to someone talk to max or [name removed] or even gavin all good top staff and alsp can't forget [name removed] Thank you guys for all your help and if anyone has debts and… Read Full Review

“feel let down”

Written on: 11/09/2014

First of all they were really good but that changed, never hear from them and when I have contacted clear debt I haven't found them particularly helpful. They wanted me to claim PPI through a company recommended by them, who incidentally is at the same address as cleardebt, it was said I would be able to have £500 from the PPI, nearly 2 years on this company still hasn't finalised the PPI payments, even though there is several thousand pounds owed which would reduce my overall debt. I wish I… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/12/2014

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.

Compliance Manager

“Excellent service for over five years.”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by Lesly63 (1 review written)

We first spoke to cleardebt around Easter 2009 and made my final payment on July 1st and cleared hubby's arrears on July 19th. We have found them to be professional and extremely helpful throughout. We have had several issues ans had our payment reduced, had payment breaks and missed payments all with no issue. Just waiting now for completion certificates. Have received papperwork to sign today regarding any future ppi claims and will return them straight away. I will never use them again… Read Full Review

“A great team”

Written on: 24/06/2014 by olvic (1 review written)

since entering my IVA with cleardebt in 2011 i feel i can see a light at the end of the tunnel.From the first phone call i made all the staff have been so helpful. so understanding and explaining every stage of the process . i cannot thank them enough, and feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I cannot speak too highly about them and recomend anyone with debt problems to give them a ring… Read Full Review

“absolutely fantastic company ”

Written on: 23/05/2014 by kqMcBride323 (1 review written)

I really don't know what id have done without clear debt helping me. They have made me feel so at ease and talked me through all my options. My debts were spiralling out of control and I thought I had no way out of it until I contacted clear debt and spoke to my caseworker who has been absolutely fantastic and to me my lifesaver. Not once did I feel like I was being judged and i was treated with respect and dignity TThroughout. Thank you clear debt… Read Full Review

“dont do it”

Written on: 07/03/2014 by gazza10 (1 review written)

cleardebt ring me more than creditors did. even though iva plans are supposed to leave you with enough money for all your bills and a good standard of living. cleardebt just seem to want you to pay more....this is because the more you pay the more they take. out of the £3700 i have paid only, £1300 has gone to creditors.....and dont even think about claiming for mis-sold ppi through them, because they will charge you for it without telling you. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL… Read Full Review

“Rubbish”

Written on: 28/11/2013

Terrible company, wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Head to Iiva.co.uk/forum to get the real picture. I wouldn't be surprised that they're writing reviews on here to make themselves look good. They just don't care much about anyone but making money… Read Full Review

“Debt free after 7 years in iva”

Written on: 22/09/2013

I enterd into an iva in 2006 with Synergy who was taken over about 2 years into my iva by Cleardebt for the next 5 years both companys have been very helpfull always some one at the end of the telephone or they e mailed me to keep me up to date. cleardebt have been the first to take the lead with ppi offering £500 on conpletion of the ppi claims as a good will gesture. Can highly recomend them… Read Full Review

“IVA”

Written on: 16/07/2013

Started the process of an IVA and have had an excellent service from Rae and the team so far. Looking forward to getting this finalised and sorted. Thanks for all the help… Read Full Review

“Very helpful”

Written on: 16/07/2013 by Merrymand (1 review written)

They helped me set my IvA up it was an easy process I just had to gather a few documents to prove my situation like wage slips and photo I'd then they arranged for a courier to collect my documents which made things a lot easier as the chap helped me fill the documents out. Once they had my documents Tim did a few conference calls for some of my debts as I had a few account numbers missing then within a few days I had a proposal through. All in all I'm very happy with the service so far… Read Full Review

“big weight off my shoulders”

Written on: 15/07/2013

I was in big financial trouble , not knowing what to do or how to get help and then i was put in touch with clear debt and a very helpful consultant gave me lots of helpful advise and we both decided that an IVA would be my best option. within a couple of weeks it was all sorted and I feel so much better… Read Full Review

“Personal Help And Advice”

Written on: 12/07/2013 by Spaldu2k (1 review written)

Had A Very Good Chat With Steven !!! He Was Very Polite Well Experienced, In Helping Me Get A Handle Over My Money Worries!!! If You Are In Financial Difficulty..... Please Give Him A Call... He Will Be Able To Help You I Already Have A Hugh Weight Off My Shoulders... And That Is After The 1st Phone Call!! Aaron… Read Full Review