Direct Sunglasses Reviews - www.directsunglasses.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Sunglasses never received”

Written on: 25/09/2012

Ordered sunglasses over 3 weeks ago. Heard nothing from them. Contacted the company by email and left telephone messages but no reply. I have also contacted Nochex which is their payment gateway but they have not replied either. Going to have to go through my bank to get my money back. Order at your own peril!… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE”

Written on: 06/04/2012

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - Ordered glasses two weeks ago, money taken immediately and received order confirmation straight away. However, never heard from them since. They do not respond to emails, online assistance or telephone calls. Have contacted my bank to refund the payments… Read Full Review

“Crooks, swindlers, lyers!”

Written on: 05/04/2012

Lied to about refunds, a delay tactic obviously...site is now down. They ripped me off… Read Full Review

“Avoid.......... I WANT MY MONEY BACK”

Written on: 11/03/2012 by hicks850 (1 review written)

My two pairs of Sunglasses that I ordered in Dec last year never showed up. Now they appear to have gone bankrupt with out so much as an email to tell me this. Please refund my money!… Read Full Review

“.......”

Written on: 05/03/2012 by aerrow (1 review written)

My order was placed on October 5 2011 and my sunglasses never arrived. T_T How do we get our money back from these guys any ideas?… Read Full Review

“Ripped off to the value of £100”

Written on: 01/03/2012

My Sunglasses that I ordered in August last year never showed up. Now they appear to have gone bankrupt with out so much as an email to tell me this. Extremely poor. Very disappointed. If you are reading this, Please refund my money!… Read Full Review

“Robbers”

Written on: 29/02/2012 by Kinnys (1 review written)

I've been ripped off too for £87, they must have made a fortune out of us. Is there a way of getting our money back ???… Read Full Review

“these b******s ripped me off ”

Written on: 25/02/2012 by tarajohnson (1 review written)

ordered 6 weeks ago, after waiting 2 weeks for non existant delivery i contacted them to be told the item was out of stock so i asked for a refund and was excepted as i was well within my rights but i am still waiting fcr it, i have endeavoured to contact them many times to no avail, not replying to e-mails, their phone line is not working and website is down, i expect they've ripped off lots of people and ceased trading… Read Full Review

“Poor service”

Written on: 24/02/2012 by Doorbs (1 review written)

I ordered my prescription sunglasses on the 20th Jan and 2 weeks later had an e-mail asking for the prescription again. I phoned them and they apologised and said I would get notification shortly. I have spent the last week trying to contact them but the phone line does not connect and they have not responded to my e-mails. At this time I don't know if they are still trading… Read Full Review

“Won't be using this site again”

Written on: 19/12/2011

Ordrered a pair of Bolle Ski Goggles on 2nd December after seeing that they were in stock. No delivery yet and no response to phone messages or emails. Hopefully my credit card provider will refund and get them banned from being a credit card merchant… Read Full Review

“Don't buy from them! We will never get it”

Written on: 16/12/2011

Bought a Oakley sunglasses for 106 because the advertised they had it in stock - dispatch between 3-5 days! After 2 weeks, they say they still waiting for the supplier and 3-5 Days dispatch means that the goods are with the supplier - no it doesn't!!!! Keep blaming the suppliers. Cancelled the order and they ask for 30 days to refund an order that has never been fulfilled. Bought it using paypal so disputing it with them to have a better chance of getting my money back. … Read Full Review

“The most unreliable website ever!”

Written on: 22/11/2011 by Miniedoc (1 review written)

I ordered the glasses that suppose to arrive in between 7 days, after a month I haven't received them, what is more, they say that they will send them after New Year.. can you believe that?? they keep blaming their suppliers. The service is literaly rubbish… Read Full Review

“Don't buy from Direct Sunglasses if you want sunglasses”

Written on: 18/11/2011

My daughter had always wanted genuine Ray Ban Wayfarers, so as a twenty first birthdday present we bought he a pair from Direct Sunglasses. BIG MISTAKE!! She was leaving on a two month european trip with friends the day after her birthday, the glasses didn't arrive for her birthday, we were upset but thought well at least she won't lose them! She'll have them to return to. WRONG!! Despite multiple emails, and promises they still haven't arrived, almost 3 months after being ordered AND PAID… Read Full Review

“warning”

Written on: 28/10/2011 by xrtyu (1 review written)

I ordered and paid a pair of sunglasses for 109£ nearly 3 months ago. After 1 week I phoned them and they told me that the sunglasse will arrive in few days. After 1 month since the order I e-mailed the company and they assured me that the item will be awailable that weekend. After 2 months waiting since my order I canceled it and asked for a refund. I waited 15 days for a refund and than first phoned and than e-mailed them. The answer was… Read Full Review

“Worst online purchase that I have ever made.”

Written on: 26/09/2011

Bought a pair of rayban sunglasses online for £88.70. Delivery was supposed to be a few days. Payment duly deducted. Nearly two months later, the sunglasses have yet to appear. The telephone number for the website does not work. Emails are replied to (unprofessionally, by someone with very poor written English) relatively promptly saying that there have been "problems with the suppliers", "delivery will be in 3 to 5 working days". This conversation has been had 3 times. I have cancelled the… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/09/2011

I totally agree - I purchased sunglasses over 6 weeks ago, with payment taken within days, and despite numerous phonecalls and emails with the same response as yourself (difficulties with supplier, should be sent in the coming few days) I am yet to receive the sunglasses. My holiday has since been and gone and they are no longer responding to any emails. I do not know how to get my money back. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM DIRECT SUNGLASSES!!!!

Srljrdn's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2011

I have had exactly the same experience with this company. I will also be making contact with trading standards and I urge you all to do the same. As it seems they have used the same script on us all from supply issues to the 4 week wait.

Samanth4's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2011

My account online now says that I have been refunded - but there's no money in my bank account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh1981's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2011

Exactly the same appalling service I have received!
Payment was taken within hours and they have held my money for 3 months with no delivery of goods.

I have now canceled the order, which will take 4 weeks to refund!?! I have never known ANY successful retail business that has asked my to wait as ridiculous a length of time as this to simply have my own money back when they are aware they cannot fulfill what is being requested of them. It's literally daylight robbery.

My refund is due tomorrow, and I hold little hope for a good result.

If you want to speak with someone the only option is to call Accuity Opticians who seem to be the same company. Call this number 020 8979 2403. Although if you get the same service I have you will be no better off. Over all sickeningly bad company. I cannot say this enough - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

“Slow delivery and no satisfactory date given”

Written on: 13/09/2011 by Meadster (1 review written)

Another internet vendor who takes your money then fails to supply the goods in a reasonable time and is unable to confirm when they would be able to. Why should I lend them my money? I have cancelled my order… Read Full Review

“DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY ”

Written on: 05/07/2011 by AngryReviewer100 (1 review written)

This is a recent email i sent to the them, it will give you a clear picture of this fraudulant company: Email: I will not start this letter with any pleasantries, but let me tell you a chronological story... 1. On the 7th April 2011, I ordered a pair of sunglasses from your company. They didn't arrive at my doorstep as your website said it would within 3-5 Day dispatch. So I go on holiday without sunglasses and think as the price for the sunglasses is relatively cheap, I will keep my… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/07/2011

I tried to purchase Persol sunglasses from the same company on 16 June 2011 and they took £184.86 from my bank account on the same day. Again, they were due to despatch the sunglasses within 3-5 days, and failed to do so. I followed this up by phone and was given an assurance that 3-5 days meant 3-5 working days and that the sunglasses would arrive soon. Again, the sunglasses failed to arrive and so I telephoned and cancelled the order. I was told the money would be immediately refunded. Some weeks later, the money has not been refunded and I haven't heard anything either. I'm off to the police.

Samanth4's Response to AngryReviewer100's Review

Written on: 26/09/2011

Did anyone get their money back?

Written on: 30/08/2011

I'm in sympathy wit all three of you on this. I ordered a pair of sunglasses from Direct Sunglasses at the beginning of August. I was told after a couple of days that the glasses weren't in stock. I was offered a chance to choose an upgraded pair at no extra cost or to take a refund. I opted for the refund. Still awaiting for the refund 21 days later! I have also done the same as the reviewer and sent them an email to ask where my refund was and I got the same answer as the reviewer; the order was with the accounts dept. and I could expect to wait up to 30 days for a refund.

Well we'll wait and see if I am refunded in the next week to two weeks. I am seriously doubting that any refund will come though!

Stay away from this dodgy company!! Take a leaf out of Amazon's book Direct Sunglasses!

Mandyp's Response to AngryReviewer100's Review

Written on: 28/08/2011

What an absolute joke this company are!
3-5 day dispatch is a complete lie, Im waiting three weeks on and can see me becoming one of the poor people reviewing again in days, weeks, months still without my sunglasses! NOT GOOD!

Written on: 10/08/2011

Having a similar problem - ordered glasses in January which were apparently in stock but didn't arrive until March. Didn't suit so sent straight back and guess what I still haven't got refund. Would love to know how you have got on.

“Terrible Terrible Service: DO NOT USE this company”

Written on: 03/06/2011

I ordered common Rayban sunglasses from this site in early April. When no delivery, I chased and chased and chased them. I was told by a gentleman on the phone over the period in the run up to Easter 2011 that a 'delivery would be coming in each morning' and he would call me first thing. He never did call and I had to chase them again. Eventually, I gave up and demanded a refund to my credit card before Easter 2011. By 3rd June, as I write this review, the money has STILL not arrived. I… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/06/2011

I will not use this company after reading the comments on this site. Looks like i avoided being messed about

Written on: 17/03/2012

Same sort of problem cancelled my order and ive never received my refund. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Written on: 22/06/2011

Hi
I've got same problem.I ordered sunglasses at the begening of April. I was waiting for delivery then I called them up and they said to me they dont have the item anymore on stock so I asked for a refund, 1st,2nd, 3rd week of waiting and no refund. I called again and they said by Friday the money will be on my account and it was 3 weeks ago.
So I really dont know what to do. It's 22.6.2011 and when i look on my order on their webpage, it says ON HOLD.

Very bad experience.

“I ordered from these guys as the prices were good and...”

Written on: 24/05/2011

I ordered from these guys as the prices were good and I saw some decent feedback on some websites. I wish I never ordered. This company is a joke. First they don't send the sunglasses and then they won't refund you. After months of trying to sort things out I finally used Paypal and my credit card company to get a refund. I think this company is completely fraudulent. Looking at other recent reviews I would hope no one else buys from them… Read Full Review

“I bought a sunglass, more than 2 month ago and my...”

Written on: 16/05/2011 by rodrigozille (1 review written)

I bought a sunglass, more than 2 month ago and my order is IN PROCESS.
Nobody answer my emails..

Never buy there!… Read Full Review