Watchfinder Reviews - www.watchfinder.co.uk

Watchfinder www.watchfinder.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Watchfinder www.watchfinder.co.uk

Watchfinder www.watchfinder.co.uk

“Bad experience on a PX deal ”

Written on: 07/12/2014 by Winner8 (1 review written)

I was looking for a Rolex DayDate white gold just before Christmas as a treat for my myself. I go online and found a 118239 on watch finder website so I decided to PX my Audemars Piguet 15300 rose gold for the Rolex. I was contacted by an adviser after I left a message on their website. After he and his purchasing team looked on my eBay listing ( I was listing it on eBay to sell my AP ) I was offered a PX price £500 plus my AP. He asked me the size of my wrist and told me he will get the… Read Full Review

“Sloppy Customer Service”

Written on: 27/11/2014 by stanis1292 (1 review written)

I bought a cosmetically beautiful timepiece. The claim was that it had undergone a thorough inspection prior to sale. It turned out to be a very poor timekeeper that was already at its maximum adjustment. I questioned the adjustment and was told to let it "settle in" and move the adjustment to the "neutral position" and leave it for a few weeks. Clearly the timepiece would now be more inaccurate and so it proved. It was like the advice of a back street used car salesman, and was wrong and… Read Full Review

Customerservicewatchfinder's Response to stanis1292's Review

Written on: 28/11/2014

Good morning Andy,

Thank you for your enquiry.

In regards to your comments to be clear the clock was inspected and there is no mechanical fault with the item so no regulation is required. As per the information you were given and the manual included within this you need to allow 4 weeks for the clock to settle and other factors, such as ensuring the clock is level also plays a factor in regards to timekeeping and precision. (please see section below from the manual)

‘Adjusting the gain and loss If, after about one month’s operation (one month is still needed to ensure that the balance is completely stabilised), you observe that it is gaining or losing time slightly, you can correct this using the adjusting lever which is located at the top of the movement.’

John had also informed you that the clock was not sold with a warranty however as he knew the supplier he was happy to contact them to source replacement papers as a gesture of good will. Before the papers arrived you had instructed us of your desire to send the clock back for a full refund.

As mentioned it was inspected by our watchmaker and placed back on the site at which point you had emailed in to ask if your refund had been processed. I informed you it had already been done and that you were due to receive an e-mail from our accounts team. In terms of insurance Watchfinder has insurance in place until the goods are delivered and the clock arrived with you in perfect condition.

I’m sorry if you feel let down by the experience , however I feel we had tried to be as accommodating as possible and I’m sorry we were unable to conclude a happy resolution on this occasion.

Many Thanks
Natalie
Customer Service Manager

“WATCHFINDER SHOCKING AND VERY DISAPOINTING SERVICE.”

Written on: 26/11/2014 by ianmcclure007 (1 review written)

Shocking Service From Watchfinder, would never recommend or talk of this company ever again. Exchanged my old Rolex GMT II stainless to a new Rolex GMT II gold at the showroom, got the watch home and on closer inspection I realised a fault, I called the office to complain on saturday and spoke with a saturday boy, I was told we can do nothing for you now as you bought this from our showroom, if you had bought this on the internet you could of had 14 days to return item. sorry now there is… Read Full Review

Customerservicewatchfinder's Response to ianmcclure007's Review

Written on: 26/11/2014

Good afternoon Ian,

I’m writing in regards to your recent review in reference to the Rolex GMT II you purchased at our Maidstone show room on the 19th November.

In answer to your comments when making any purchase online you have a 14 days return policy due to distance selling regulations which does not apply should you collect and pay for the watch in our boutique or in our showroom. If there is a mechanical fault with the watch this would not affect your rights in terms of a refund.

However, you collected and paid for the watch in the showroom and at the time you were happy with the purchase. When you called my colleague on Saturday you expressed that you had changed your mind about the watch (having already removed the seals) due to the fact you found the watch to be too ‘blingy’ and wanted to discuss your options.

As the Sales manager was not available on the Saturday you were informed this would be passed over and although on the above basis you were not entitled to a refund we would endeavor to see what we could do. As such you were called on Monday by Terry who left you a voice mail in order to come back to him. We have not received a response to that message nor any other communication in order for us to try to help you and this review is the only other correspondence we have received.

For clarity on the basis that you have purchased a watch, removed the seals and do not like it, it is not grounds for a refund. If you say there is a fault please explain the nature of this fault, we will test the watch to determine this and if a refund is due we will be more than happy to process this minus the cost of the removed seals as per our terms and conditions.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Natalie
Customer Service Manager

“Refreshing to deal with a truly passionate organisation. ”

Written on: 22/07/2014 by 320Lewis (1 review written)

Refreshing to deal with a truly passionate organisation that even offer you a beer... I first contacted www.watchfinder.co.uk to request a valuation for a piece from my collection. The price offered was more competitive than other well-known London dealers therefore I decide to go ahead with the transaction. I was then introduced to the Watchfinder’s Head of Purchasing. He is based at the Kent HQ and rarely visits the impressive Royal Exchange showroom. He was a knowledgeable… Read Full Review

“Omega Speedmaster ”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by SelenaReid (1 review written)

I have recently purchased an Omega Speedmaster from WatchFinder. The Customer Service is absolutley first class and I have no comments on ways in which they can improve. The speed in which they reply is fantastic. When I received my watch I was blown away by the quality of it. It is truly a fantastic timepiece and I will definately be using WatchFinder again. First Class Customer Service backed up by high quality products. Many thanks … Read Full Review

“Extremely helpful company”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by TristinBlack373 (1 review written)

With the help of Watchfinder who investigated my watch which I thought was genuine I found the watch to have had diamonds added at a later date and not by Rolex the watch was genuine but the watch was not completely A1, due to Watchfinder being so helpful I was able to obtain a refund from the Company who sold it to me. Thank you Watchfinder… Read Full Review

“SHODDY”

Written on: 25/05/2014 by aston123 (1 review written)

Bought a watch which arrived damaged. Watchfinder inferred it must have been my fault. They eventually had it repaired but, within three weeks of it being returned to me after a full service by the manufacturer, it began stopping during wear. I returned it to them but they said there was nothing wrong. They offered to return it to me, or refund two thirds of the price I had paid. Communications to the MD are simply ignored. … Read Full Review

“Do not sell to these people!”

Written on: 06/04/2014 by Alexisz74 (1 review written)

I had two watches to sell so used their email valuation on both! One was too low and the other was in keeping with my hopes of 900 pounds to one thousand. I looked on their site and they had two of these watches for sale at 2150 pounds! So, I have a watch in A1 condition, boxed with papers and the original receipt.. An easy sale. Having got there the guy took the watch for a walk and came back saying that there was a minute scratch on the face and they only sell in top condition etc etc etc… Read Full Review

“best watch purchase”

Written on: 14/01/2014 by alris (1 review written)

Purchased a Breitling legend Watch first class service, first class watch, very helpful professional staff. Would highly recommend… Read Full Review

“Always an Excuse”

Written on: 04/12/2013

Having done my research, I noticed that people were commenting on the internet as to excuses why when you've sent your watch off to Watchfinder, after a telephone valuation, they tend to get back to you after their "Service department" have looked at the item and explain that the price can't be honoured due to x, y or z.(There's a surprise) I believed that this would NOT happen to me as my watch was well cared for and looked after, serviced etc.. how wrong, yes, upon their receipt they found… Read Full Review

Wards123's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2014

yes i agree and what a price they value there watches at with no papars. you could send your watch back to the manurfacturer to have it recertified at your cost and be informed by them that the watch was reported stolen. save your money up and buy new.

“First class experience, well done.”

Written on: 02/11/2013 by T555dee (1 review written)

Bought a Breitling Emergency last week from the Watchfinder Boutique. The watch was very well presented and in excellent condition. I was given ample time to examine the timepiece and ask many questions. The advisor was very professional and knowledgeable about all things watch related. Coffee was offered and accepted while the paperwork was completed. A very nice gesture. Overall a very pleasant experience and one I will definitely repeat when I'm looking to add to my collection. David Hunter… Read Full Review

“Not the best service”

Written on: 28/08/2013

I had previously owned a Breitling Airwolf and really wanted another. I found the one I wanted and bought it from Watchfinder. When it arrived though, there were parts missing (which were part of the watch in the photos) and the box was different, and was severley broken with an attempted fix using sellotape! My immediate thought was that my watch had been butchered to get the parts for other watches. I don't think an inspection of the watch was carried out before sending out to me. If it had… Read Full Review

“Great service and product”

Written on: 12/07/2013 by Mikehatc (1 review written)

Purchased today a Rolex datejust which I've wanted for a while now. Great service and easy transaction. Real peace of mind company. The advisor was very knowledgable and made me feel welcome. Will defiantly use again for my next purchase. Thanks guys. Mike… Read Full Review

“'Just As New'? Not exactly...............”

Written on: 09/07/2013 by RichMJones (1 review written)

I purchased a Rolex Submariner from this company on the promise of their website which supplies, and I quote; 'All our watches are in the best possible condition both internally and externally' under the heading of 'Just Like New', and in other copy on their website they claim that 'all our stock is as good as it can be before we sell it'. On receiving the watch it had a damaged bezel (which they had told me was being replaced - only the insert was actually replaced), scratches to the rear of… Read Full Review

“Watchfinder”

Written on: 22/06/2013 by Numerus (1 review written)

Hi all, I thought it would be good to share my experience of watchfinder.co.uk as i'm sure many of you have seen their website. Anyway, part of my business consists of buying and pawning watches. We buy between 2 and 5 watches per month, all high end. I didn't want to set up my own website to sell them so I contacted them by mail. No response. A few days later I phoned but he was busy so I left a message. No response. I emailed again. No response. At this point I got fed up and forgot about… Read Full Review

“Brilliant customer service & prides itself for perfection”

Written on: 17/06/2013 by GirishMalhi (1 review written)

I have always heard Swiss timing was important, but Watchfinder.co.uk team made me realise how important... They only send the limited edition Breitling Blackbird Blacksteel watch once they were 110% confident with the watch being ready for the customer. I wore the watch straight away with the correct time already set up. A brand new pre-owned watch in immaculate condition... Yes, I will be buying my future timepiece from Watchfinder.co.uk and I have already spread the word to family and… Read Full Review

Numerus's Response to GirishMalhi's Review

Written on: 22/06/2013

Pelase dont forget that you are paying more for the watch than necessary!
Watchfinder waits for a buyer to show interest or make an offer and then contacts the seller with an even lower offer and they pocket the difference!
We found this out by making an offer on our own watches that they were selling for us. Basically they lie to you.

Girishmalhi's reply to Numerus's Comment

Written on: 22/06/2013

I actually disagree with your comment in my instance... I got the watch for £1.5k less than any other pre-owned limited blacksteel watch online. I'm sure every situation is different and I was satisfied with my purchase to date.

“The right company to deal with if you want a quality...”

Written on: 13/06/2013 by Flyingfool (1 review written)

I have nothing but praise for Watchfinder, from beginning to end their communications were spot on and nothing was too much trouble for them. Full marks must go to the advisor whose advice was most welcome. The presentation of my particular Seamaster was immaculate, all paperwork and a watch that appeared brand new - my thanks to all concerned with this relatively small oreder1… Read Full Review

“Waste of time company”

Written on: 01/05/2013 by CharlesCharrington (1 review written)

Didn't stick to what was said and agreed. Waste of my time and money, didn't even get back to me when i made a complaint. Take your business elsewhere! Being a watch collector i have dealt with literally 100's of companies, even ones you would be very dubious about (Hong Kong) and this is by far the worst watch company i have ever dealt with. Seriously take your money to a company that deserves it… Read Full Review

Stevegolf's Response to CharlesCharrington's Review

Written on: 08/06/2013

I have brought 3 rolex's from watchfinder and they offer great customer service etc.

Charlescharrington's reply to Stevegolf's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2013

This is my review therefore it doesnt matter what your experience was, i am expressing mine as it was the worst company i have ever dealt with. If your opinion differs then write your own review.

Benjamin.westrup.3's Response to CharlesCharrington's Review

Written on: 04/12/2014

Thanks for your review. Could you please recommend me a UK alternative to Watch Finder. I'm looking to invest in a few time pieces to diversify my portfolio. Thanks very much in advance if you can help. Benji

“Good but could do better”

Written on: 26/03/2013 by glenivison (1 review written)

They sold my Breitling watch after just 2 weeks. However they charged me £60 as they claimed a link from bracelet was missing which I do not know how this happened as all unused links went in box. I did part exchange with a Cartier watch though this was returned as leather strap was split. They did refund money quickly. To improve I think Watchfinder need to give more detail on watches they are selling perhaps grading the watch by the state it is in. This will be reflected in the price… Read Full Review

“Bad service, wrong, demaged product”

Written on: 11/03/2013

I ordered a watchwinder Orbita Futura single. First I got wrong information about the modes of payment. I got my order, the Orbita Futura Single watchwinder. It is a very-very poor quality, and the winder is defective too! The winder is extremely loud, the wood box is damaged, worn, corrugated! No one may be placed on! But if I would send return the winder, it is an extrem great care and cost. Is it a magic circle, if I will keep the product, I will have a very expensive scrap quality, what i… Read Full Review