GoldCar Rental Reviews - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“No Problems At All”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by richlord38 (1 review written)

I have just returned from Malaga where I hired a vehicle from Goldcar. I was very apprehensive about using them as there were a lot of bad reviews on various websites (including this one) but I was on a small budget due to it being a last minute holiday so took a chance. What can I say other than BRILLIANT!! The office was very easy to find after I picked up my luggage and the man at the desk was very helpful and friendly. I chose the extra insurance when I booked online (instead of the 600… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Dear Customer,
We highly appreciate you positive comment. Customer feedback is essential for us to constantly improve our services, and first hand opinions and experiences are very helpful for our future clients. Thank you and we hope you rent with us again soon.

“STAY AWAY from Goldcar”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by adirpcb (1 review written)

STAY AWAY from Goldcar . They ask for additional 180 Euro to cover the CDW from scratches . They charge 1100 Euro deposit. If you wont buy the extra insurance they WILL find a small scratch you did not see to charge you from the deposit. They also charge 110 Euro for fuel… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Dear Customer,
Please understand that we cannot hand out a vehicle without making sure that any possible damages will be covered for. The deposit varies depending on the type of car, location and season, as does the full tank of fuel. This is all available for consultation on our webpage. Also, please note that even after adding insurance and the full tank of fuel, our prices are very reasonable and economical.

“Gold Car Murcia”

Written on: 24/07/2014 by strachanio (2 reviews written)

Goldcar Murcia Having read the poor reviews for Goldcar I was, obviously, very nervous about hiring with them. However, given the fact that I do not have, and do not want, a credit card I had no other option as they were the only company who would accept a debit card (booking via indigo car hire who were also excellent). Imagine my surprise when everything went as planned!! No long queues at check in, a very friendly gentleman at the desk who could not have been any better. Yes, there are… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for your positive comment. Customer feedback is essential for us to improve our services, something we are constantly striving for. Your encouragement is highly appreciated and we look forward to being of service during your next visit.
Kindest regards,
Goldcar Representative

“Goldcar: 2 hour wait, rude staff, awful child seats...”

Written on: 24/07/2014 by Hotandangry (1 review written)

We booked our flights through Jet2 and after booking online an ad came up from them promising unbeatable car hire rates; as we discovered, the car hire company is Goldcar (though you aren't made aware of it at the time). We arrived at Malaga with our two small children to join a 100 metre queue, snaking right back up the ramp to the airport arrivals area, and we all stood in stifling heat waiting to reach the Goldcar desk. All the other car rental companies' desks were empty! We waited for… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,
We apologize if the service you received was not acceptable; we are constantly trying to improve our services and customer feedback is essential. We have made considerable changes and improvements to our policies and services since January 2014. We have tried to solve our issues regarding waiting time at our check-in counters by opening auxiliary offices during high season (in Alicante, Palma and Málaga, for the time being).
Also, please take into consideration that the price advertised online is only the basic rental charge; we offer a pre-purchase fuel plan where petrol is always paid for at destination, but customers are always refunded for unused petrol (minus a small handling and administration fee for our Fast Return Service). Customers don’t have to worry about refueling close to the office before returning the car (like with a full to full plan) or wait for it to be inspected. Nevertheless, switching back to a classic fuel plan is available on our website.
We apologize if the vehicle you were given was not in optimal condition, this is not usually the case. 70% of our +30.000 car fleet is renewed annually and offering top rate cars is our number one priority.
Goldcar Representative

“Let down by GoldCar (GC), Booking Reference Number...”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by TheMosses (1 review written)

Went on holiday from Britain... in early July '14 to Gran Canaria, after pre booking and paying via rentalcars for a hire car. I arrived at Gran Canaria airport and spoke to GC's rude manageress (same one we complained about last time) at GC airport desk - who advised me that my passport number had been typed in but GC refused to honour the booking - with no reason given. She made no effort to help us sort the problem out. We called the GC international 'customer service' number from our… Read Full Review

Dear TheMosses,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused and for the service you experienced. We will look into this with the office in Gran Canaria. Please take into consideration that last year alone we handed out +1 million keys and that high season is particularly busy. We are aware that this is no excuse for poor customer service, but we are constantly doing our best to improve our services. We thank you for your feedback.
Kindest regards,

Themosses's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2014

This was in low season in Gran Canaria this July, and whilst, to be honest, I am not interested in the 1 million others, I would like to know how long you will take to look into this and will you contact me directly to discuss?

or are your 'business responses' just a PR stunt?

The Mosses

Dear The Mosses,
July is high season almost everywhere. In your particular case, it was most probably a technical error, so there isn’t really much else we can do but apologize. If it was something else we could resolve I would be glad to, that is actually my role.
Again, sorry for the inconveniences caused,
Victoria

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“rip of fuel charges and very heavy excess prices”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by McCoy1984 (1 review written)

they wanted 145 euros excess for 14 days I told them no as I have an insurance policy which I took out to cover hire car excess for a year at 40.00. And the fuel prices are through the roof. Apart from that I must admit the car was great… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/07/2014

Dear McCoy1984,
Thank you for your feedback; we are constantly striving to improve our services and customer comments are essential. First hand opinions and experiences are also very helpful for our future customers. Our fuel policy and prices are available for consultation on our webpage; please take into consideration that they include a small handling and administration fee for our Fast Return Service. Customers don’t have to worry about refueling close to the office before returning the car or wait for it to be inspected.

“Total rip off”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by jules8463 (1 review written)

I have no need to expand on other reviews. The excess waver is rediculous. Fuel policy way over the top and cost of transponder for toll roads out rageous. Avoid… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/07/2014

Dear jules8463,

Our full coverage is optional; customers are offered our Relax Cover or the option of leaving a deposit on their credit card (an amount that is “unfrozen” by their bank 15-20 days after the return of the vehicle). Our fuel policy is available for consultation, and I quote from our website: The prices are calculated taking into account: the market price for fuel in the days prior to pickup, vehicle model, type of fuel recommended by the manufacturer, taxes and handling charges. Please take into account that our fuel charge includes a service and handling fee for our Fast Return Service. Customers don’t have to worry about refueling close to the office before returning the car or wait for it to be inspected.
The transponder you were offered is also an optional service that costs 1,5€ a day; thanks to the device, there is no need to stop at tollbooths or charge a minimum anywhere, and the toll fees (the exact amount paid by us to the Portuguese Highways Agency, you also receive an email from them with the info) are charged on your card after the return of the car.

“Gold car never again”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by ALFREDO123 (1 review written)

Hi, just come back from Malaga got our car through rentalcars, the cheapest was goldcar, the que was long they have a que for people who have booked and another section saying fast track. Well that is for people who haven't booked ,just as it was my turn after an hour this guy walks up the same time as I do and I'm told to wait he hasn't booked , still they got my money haven't they , then I'm seen the person serving tries to give me a smaller car than I've booked, but with golf clubs that… Read Full Review

Hi,
We responded to your query on trustpilot and never heard from you by email. Please take into consideration that we offer a pre-purchase fuel plan that is always paid for at destination, and unused petrol is later refunded (minus a small service fee for our Fast Return Service). We offer this service so that customers don’t have to worry about refuelling close to the office before returning the vehicle or wait for it to be inspected. Our fuel policy is constantly being updated and available for consultation on our webpage. However, customer also have the option of switching back to a classic full/full plan on our website. The refund is calculated based on the fuel charge only. I believe this is what may have caused confusion. We apologize if the car you were given was not in optimal condition, this is not usually the case: 70% of our +30.000 car fleet is renewed annually.

Barryisland's Response to ALFREDO123's Review

Written on: 23/07/2014

Im guessing their customer services will not reply to this review as they have quite clearly been caught ripping you off.

Alfredo123's reply to Barryisland's Comment

Written on: 23/07/2014

I've put basically the same account on several complaint sites now, one being trust pilot , they did respond but it is the usual dribble that has been said to other complainants , after that review I couldn't get back into there web site with my case number ,strange ah ,thanks for your response if enough people complain maybe something will happen, at least I'm letting people know.

Dear ALFREDO,
I insist; we provided an email for you to contact us directly and never heard from you. Our goal is to try to solve queries and doubts online to avoid similar issue from happening again.
Victoria

Report this review Read 4 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“says one thing and does another”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by sniff (2 reviews written)

asked if I wanted an upgrade and said no, a charge appeared on the invoice, which you only see after you have provided electronic signature which confirms agreement to everything on the invoice.. A unknown 'upgrade charge' of €1.65 plus 21%IVA appeared - not a lot of money but when you dont know what it is is disappointing. Full/Full was part of the agreed deal with the carhire broker, DYS. Goldcar, contrary to me mentioning this, said they provided full/empty and couldnt change it afteri… Read Full Review

Dear sniff,
Please note that DoYouSpain clearly states that we offer a full/empty (with refund) fuel plan. Nevertheless, please reply to this comment with your reservation number or full name so that we may investigate your case in detail regarding the currency and the upgrade.
Goldcar Representative

“BOOKING CANCELLED BECAUSE OF BAD REVIEWS”

Written on: 21/07/2014

I had booked a car with rental cars .com and the supplier was to be goldcar so decided to have a look at the reviews I couldn't believe how many 1 star complaints there were well over 1000, must of them talking about the rip off fuel policy and hard sell insurance tactics also the 2 hours plus wait they had to collect their vehicles so I decided to phone rental cars .com and change my rental vehicle to a different supplier paid £100 pound more but fuel policy is full to full so probably won't… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,
We do take notice of customer complaints (few in proportion if you take into consideration that we serve an average of 3000 a day), and we also respond to many positive ones from satisfied and informed customers. Our goal is to try to solve doubts or complaints online, and via email, to avoid similar issues from happening again. Since January 2014, we have made considerable changes to our policies and we are continually striving to improve our services in general.

Glenspringhall's Comment

Written on: 21/07/2014

I'm sorry but I find that very hard to believe I'm glad I changed my rental before it was to late you have that many complaints I'm surprised anybody does business with you

“STAY AWAY!”

Written on: 20/07/2014 by Orangeh (1 review written)

Having pre booked a car to collect at 11/11.30pm, we were finally given keys at 1.30am, having queued for 2 hours (which I wasn't very happy about, being pregnant & tired by this point, and not expecting to have this wait). we were given a form to check for damage ourselves, which wasn't verified by any staff. We were also not pre warned about the 650 euro 'stop' to be put on a credit card in case of damage. Luckily, we were able to accommodate this request, however, we did see a group ahead of… Read Full Review

Hi,
We apologize for the wait at our check-in counter. We don’t know what broker you booked through, but the need for a deposit as an alternative for full coverage is clearly stated on most, as well as on our webpage. We also apologize about the car not being in optimal condition.

“Stay away”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by Marksmith101112 (1 review written)

Waited two hours in a queue after pre booking with Jet2,I paid more than double what I had expected due to hidden costs and Insurance. STAY AWAY from Goldcar… Read Full Review

Dear Marksmith101112,
We are very sorry you had to wait for your car, it is a problem we are trying to solve by opening auxiliary desks during high season (in Alicante, Palma de Mallorca and Málaga, for the time being). When booking through our webpage, priority check-in is available for customers, as well as selecting full coverage or not, or any extras they might need. This also accelerates the process at our check-in counters.
Please note that we are among the companies that offer a pre-purchased fuel plan. According to this, customers always pay for a full tank at destination and are later reimbursed for unused petrol (minus a small handling and administration fee). Regarding insurance, customers are offered full coverage or the option of leaving a deposit on their card. This can also be selected during the rental process on our webpage.
Goldcar Representative

“Goldcar - How are they still in business?”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by PaytonPearson (1 review written)

I booked these clowns through Jet2 - I understood that this was Jet2 Car Hire and a part of Jet2. They have done Jet2's reputation terrible damage and continue to do so. I've seen so many hundreds of complaints online. How are they still in business? They took £36 from my credit card for petrol. I'd filled it to the brim just before going the airport. The trip to the airport was 12 miles. I think that speaks for itself. When we picked the car up they offered 2 levels of extra… Read Full Review

Dear PaytonPearson,
Please take into consideration that last year alone we handed out more than 1 million keys (an average of 3000 a day). Of all those customers, only a few dissatisfied ones such as yourself have written negative reviews online. Our goal is to try to solve these doubts or complaints to avoid similar issues from happening again and to try to accelerate the check-in process at counters.
Please note that we are among the companies that offer a pre-purchased fuel plan. According to this, customers always pay for a full tank at destination and are later reimbursed for unused petrol. This includes a Fast Return Service (customers don’t have to worry about refuelling close to the office before returning the car or wait for it to be inspected). This service entails a handling and administration fee for the refuelling of the car (among other logistics). Nevertheless, customers have the option of switching to a classic fuel plan on our webpage.
Also, we have recently started to accept debit cards for deposits, although they are not “frozen” by the bank like with a credit card, they are charged and then reimbursed 15-20 days after the return of the vehicle.

“Hidden costs”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by EthanAtkinson (1 review written)

very disappointed with the service of Goldcar. We thought that we found a good deal but it ended up being the most expensive car rental we ever experienced : hidden costs : full tank charged 83 euros for a very small car, insurance policy for 2 days : either 61 euros OR 650 euros deposit for 30 days !!, extra fee to go to France from Spain 30 euros. I will never use that company again, and can see on the comment page that I'm not the only one !!!… Read Full Review

Dear EthanAtkinson,
Please note that the price advertised online is only the basic rental charge. We offer a pre-purchase fuel plan, where a full tank is always paid for at destination; this is not a hidden cost. Any extras are optional. Also, please note that the deposit is “unfrozen” by the customer’s bank 15-20 days after the return of the vehicle.
Goldcar Representative

“Not a bad experience but take their Gold Car insurnance”

Written on: 16/07/2014 by Steven471 (1 review written)

Having deciding to hire a car while already in Tenerife, I got my mum to book it over the internet as it seemed cheaper than going in to a local resort rental place. She told me the price of around £101 and all seemed reasonable for the 7 days, and it included insurance as well. I then began to read the reviews from previous customers and became really concerned as to what we had paid for, every review was pretty negative and I had the fear of being ripped off for anything and everything. We… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

Dear Steven471,
Thank you very much for your review, we are constantly striving to improve our services and customer comments are essential for us to do so. Our goal is to respond to complaints or doubts online to avoid similar issues in the future. First hand information and experience like yours is extremely helpful.
Goldcar Representative

“Never again - this would be a 0 star review if possible ”

Written on: 16/07/2014

Extract from my internet booking: YOUR RESERVATION INCLUDES Flex Fuel. Just pay for the fuel you use. The best fuel system Theft cover Car passenger insurance CDW insurance without excess Unlimited mileage VAT, local taxes Last minute cancellations without charge It didn't say that the 'Flex fuel' would be charged at a massively higher rate than any we saw on the island The reservation didn't say what the agent said - namely that the 'no excess' insurance means that you are liable for the… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your feedback; we are doing our best to solve complaints online whenever possible to improve our services. Please understand that a pre-purchase plan (Flex Fuel) is always paid for at destination. Ours includes a small administration and logistics fee for our Fast Return Service, which allows customers to not have to refuel close to the office before returning the car and not have to wait for it to be inspected upon return. Also, please understand that customers are always offered the option of buying our full coverage or leaving a deposit on their card (which is “unfrozen” by their bank in 15-20 days after the return of the vehicle). Customers are charged in their currency by default, something we are authorized to do, but they have the option of requesting to pay in a different currency. Our T&Cs are available for consultation on our webpage.
Goldcar Representative

“GOLD CAR DOYOUSPAIN WARNING!!!!!”

Written on: 16/07/2014 by smizer (2 reviews written)

OH MY GOD THIS IS A TRULY AWFUL COMPANY!!! When I booked via DoYouSpain they ask you to review your experiance using them. How can you review a company when you haven't even picked the car up? All the stars they have are from people reviewing how easy it was to book online. This company took two payment from my VISA two months before I'd even gone on holiday. I emailed them numerous times and never had a reply. I had to get VISA involved to get a refund. In the very early hours of the morning… Read Full Review

Dear smizer,
Please reply to this comment with your reservation number or your full name so that we may locate your case in the system and clarify what the £99 charge was in relation to. If it was an unjustified charge we will gladly reimburse you. Please note that if you rented with us this year, you were reimbursed for unused petrol, as are all our customers (minus a small admin and handling fee for our Fast Return Service). Also, please understand that we cannot hand out cars without making sure any possible damages will be covered for; this is why customers are offered the option of buying our full coverage (Relax Cover) or leaving a deposit on their credit card (which is “unfrozen” by their bank 15-20 after the return of the vehicle).

“Stay away”

Written on: 16/07/2014

Booked a Car in Barcelona and this is for sure first and last time I use Goldcar. Had to wait 1,5 hours to get my car. When I told the seller I wanted to stick with my original booking he rolled his eyes like this was so stupid. There was several damages on the car they hadn't marked. During my 1,5 hours at their office two persons went mad and yelled loudly because of trouble with their bookings. And their fuel policy is completly ridiculous. Thanks and never again… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,
We are sorry your rental experience with us was not satisfactory. We are trying to solve our issues regarding waiting time at check-in counters by opening auxiliary offices during high season (in Alicante, Palma de Mallorca and Málaga, for the time being). Our fuel policy is a pre-purchase plan, where a full tank of fuel is paid for at destination and unused fuel is later reimbursed (minus a small handling and logistics fee). It includes our Fast Return Service: customers don’t have to worry about refueling close to the office before returning the vehicle, and they don’t need to wait for it to be inspected upon return.

Kik1534's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2014

This is not true, they do not remimburse for unused fuel!
They keep the money and take ist from you!

Dear Customer,
I can assure you that this is true. We serve an average of 3,000 customers a day and they all receive a refund for unused fuel. Nevertheless, human errors or delays in the reimbursement process may occur occasionally (still not very often at all).

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“This is not a cheap car rental!”

Written on: 15/07/2014 by 129Muir (1 review written)

We rented a car in Milan. Goldcar gives you an aggressive quatation on web sites, but they add hidden fees: - aggressive upsales of very expensive insurance (avoid this) - the gas they force you to buy is very expensive, around 2,35€/l vs. market price of around 1,7€/l currently; we ended up paying about 8€ extra per day with our small Fiest just because of the gasa, and we didn't drive around that much… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/07/2014

Dear 129Muir,

Please note that we are among the companies that offer a pre-purchase fuel plan, where fuel is always paid for at destination and unused fuel is refunded after the return of the vehicle. However, customers also have the option of switching back to a classic fuel plan on our webpage. Our fuel policy is constantly being updated and available for consultation on our webpage and includes a service and handling fee for our Fast Return Service (allows customers to not have to worry about refuelling close to the office before returning the car and having to wait for the car to be inspected).
Regarding insurance coverage, please take into consideration that third party coverage is usually not comprehensive, which is why customers are offered our full coverage (Relax Cover) or the option of leaving a deposit on their credit card. Please understand that we need to ensure that any possible damage to the vehicle will be covered for.

“Absolute con-artists”

Written on: 13/07/2014 by Koops (1 review written)

We booked a car from Lisbon airport online through a Rental Comparison site. It came up as one of the cheapest for what we were after and also reading over it as a pretty good deal. After waiting in line for ages the sales guy starts trying to convince us how the 3rd party insurance we purchased to cover excess was useless (he explicitly told us this), but he could cancel it and provide their own (3x the price). I got him to slowly explain how it was useless, as he had been rambling on at… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/07/2014

Dear Koops,

The charge for diesel is specified in our T&Cs on our webpage: 7.4. Diesel extra charge. If the delivered vehicle is Diesel there is an extra charge of 2.00 € /day.
Also, please take into account that the procedure regarding insurance at our check-in counters is always the same; customers are offered our full coverage or the option of leaving a deposit on their credit card. We are trying to accelerate the check-in counter process and solve the waiting time problems by encouraging our customers to book directly through our webpage, where the whole process is clearly explained. We have also started opening auxiliary offices during high season (in Alicante, Palma de Mallorca and Málaga, for the time being).