GoldCar Rental Reviews - www.goldcar.es

1720

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Watch out for false claims of damage”

Written on: 19/05/2015 by MicheleWhite (1 review written)

When we picked up the car, there was no form with current damage provided. We noticed a missing antena and other obvious scratches. I re-entered the office, they replied it was not a problem and if I liked, I could take pictures. What I, thank God, did. Upon returning the car, they just took the keys and that was that. I asked about my credit card deposit, they just told me it would automatically be taken care of. No going round the car of nothing. A day later an email with the statement they… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Fuerteventura was not as expected. Allow me to explain our fuel policy; during the booking process customers have the option of purchasing two fuel plans: our Flex Fuel plan, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and receives a refund for unused fuel (no need to return it empty), minus a handling and administration fee. The second plan is a Full to Full, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and is refunded the same amount when returning the vehicle with a full tank.

Regarding the charge for the missing antenna please respond to this comment with your contract number, so that I may personally look into it.

Tomycuto's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2015

We hired a car from Goldcar at Las Palmas and were definitely not offered the Full to Full plan. I think you need to retrain your staff at the airports because it sounds as though they only offer the refund option which clearly is more expensive for the customer.

Michelewhite's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Dear Victoria R.,

In the mean time I have received an email confirming that the billing of the 30 euro's was a mistake.

However, I must absolutely contradict the fuel policy. We booked through Auto Europe and did not get the choice between two plans. Nor were we offered this at time of collection.

Given the tank capacity of a Fiat Punto is between 45 and 47 ltrs, and a ltr of petrol costs 1.009eur/lit, a full tank does not even cost 50 euro's.
We were charged 77 euro.

If I had a choice I would clearly have chosen for full to full, given there was a petrol station around the corner. I cannot but think this is an easy way to make a profit.

Best regards
Michèle White

“Unauthorised charges”

Written on: 19/05/2015 by Tomycuto (1 review written)

We hired a car from Goldcar in Gran Canaria on 28 March 2015. On pick up the staff member was insistent that we needed additional insuranceand would not take no for an answer. She bordered on aggressive. We did not take out the insurance. The terms and conditions paperwork we were given was in German! We only used the car to and from the airport and it was kept in a secure underground car park during our stay. We returned it undamaged on 4 April 2015. When we got our next credit card… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Gran Canaria was not as expected. Please note that our basic coverage always contemplates an excess (please see our T&Cs). Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

Regarding the extra charge for damages we truly apologize for the misunderstanding and the inconveniences caused.

Goldcar representative

“Special Cleaning Service Charge..... RIP OFF Do not use”

Written on: 19/05/2015 by lnMonaghan1950 (1 review written)

I returned my hire car to gold car today after hire for 10 days.. and when i got home i recieved a email saying that i would be charged €150 for a major cleaning service. I did not agree with this charge because the stain or marks was already on the car interiorwhen i received it. I did not notify gold car of this because i had taken out the super relax insurance so i did not need to check the car for damage before or after i returned it with one of your employes because of this insurance… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as expected. Please respond to this comment with your contract number, so that I may personally look into the charge for special cleaning.

Bigrick1983's Comment

my contract number is 8083967

thanks

“Hidden charges, poor CS, rubbbish car selection”

Written on: 18/05/2015

Booked through rentalcars.com - Rented a Ford Focus (or similar) received a Skoda Yeti!! And absolutely no other cars were available...in a car rental company!! Absolutely refused any other option. Was not advised that 1200e would be physically deducted from my Debit card until I arrived at the airport. Was advised that it would be returned within an hour of my returning the car once it had been inspected; it has not been returned yet and it is 24hours later. I received no other correspondence… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as expected. Please note that customers can only book the desired category of vehicle, the offered vehicle at the counter depends on availability.

Our basic coverage always contemplates an excess (please see our T&Cs). Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card (unblocked 15-20 days later if the vehicle is returned in the same condition). This is explained on our webpage during the booking process and on brokers’, and is common practice in the sector.

Jak1234's Comment

Written on: 19/05/2015

Thank you for your response. However your representative promised a refund in full of the deposit the same day, otherwise I would never have agreed for your company to remove 1200e from my account.
15-20 days to hold onto someone's money is a shocking amount of time.

If you would like to help, please have the money refunded ASAP. The car has been returned in the same order for two days now.

“Terrible company”

Written on: 15/05/2015

Recently hired a car from this company through Do You Spain. Never again, rude staff, hidden extras and rip off insurance and fuel supplements. If you don't want a shock at the airport go somewhere else!!!… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as expected. Please note that our basic coverage always contemplates an excess (please see our T&Cs). Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

“Unexplained additional charges”

Written on: 14/05/2015 by fparkes (1 review written)

Rented a Ford Fiesta via Holiday Autos and was presented with a VW Polo. My paperwork showed an 'upgrade' cost of 8.13 euros but I was told that I would not be charged, it was purely for their admin purposes. On later closer examination of my paperwork, my credit card had been charged the extra amount together with a further unexplained 21 euros. Also, and without discussion, my card was charged in pounds sterling at a very unfavourable exchange rate, adding a further £10 to my… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Faro was not as expected. Please note that multiple currency operations are accepted, under the terms and conditions set out by the Bank handling the payment, as explained in our T&Cs.

Regarding the extra charge for damages, please respond to this comment with your contract number and I will answer ASAP.

“Appalling Customer service”

Written on: 13/05/2015

Arriving at Palma Airport late in the evening I was met by the most rude, aggressive and coercive Customer Service Representative I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. She was insistent I did not have sufficient insurance cover, even though y booking form clearly stated i was fully covered and attempted to bully me into into purchasing additional cover. She also tried to insist I paid an out-of-hours fee, even though this was also clearly indicated as being included in my rental… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Palma de Mallorca was not as expected. Please note that our basic coverage always contemplates an excess (please see our T&Cs). If customers have third party coverage, such as yourself, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

Patmilston's Comment

Written on: 17/05/2015

Hi Victoria,

I'm afraid your response to my original feedback confirms my suspicion that you are seeking to shift the blame onto me by assuming I didn't understand your terms and conditions. As with many reviewers, my complaint is centered around the appalling customer service and the blatant attempt to extract more money out of me despite the clarity of my contract. To do this late in the evening after a tiring flight, with small children in tow, is simply unacceptable. Your representative was rude, aggressive, bullying and unwilling to accept the facts clearly on the contract in front of her.

I've run many large departments for a major tourist organisation and our simple motto was, 'the customer comes first'. In attempting to coerce me into spending more than I needed to, you've now lost my custom,...nothing will persuade me to use Goldcar again. and I'm now actively discouraging anyone else to use your services./

If your representative had adopted a helpful approach, gently pointing out that I could purchase additional insurance if i wished, but then graciously accepting it if and when I declined, then this review could have been completely different.

Surely you must be concerned that 1533 people have rated you with one star....If I was the CEO / MD / Finance Director of your Company I'd be livid and wanting to know why we'd lost 1533 customers and perhaps many thousands more!

Its simple economics....and if you go out of business then the fact that you were unable to manage your staff, or your systems put an unacceptable pressure on your staff to make commission or meet unattainable targets and that then translated into the worst costumer service I've ever encountered would be squarely to blame.

I'm more than happy to train your staff in customer service, please get in touch with me and I'll give you a simple 10 point plan to gain some 5 star review...its really not that hard.

I'd be grateful if you could pass on this message to you managers.

Regards

P

“Indifferent customer service at Palma Airport”

Written on: 13/05/2015 by davethekeys (1 review written)

On Sunday 29th March 2015 I had to wait exactly 120 minutes (yes, that is 2 hours!) to check in at the Goldcar desk at Palma Airport. No explanation or apology was given. They have two offices in the airport but only one was being used. Why? They must know have many bookings they have? I emailed Goldcar to complain and suggested that the least they could do was to add gratis Priority Check-In to my upcoming (and already booked) next hire. I received no reply to this. Nor did I receive a reply… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Palma de Mallorca was dissatisfying. Please respond to this comment with your reservation number, so I may look into your case.

Davethekeys's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 15/05/2015

Write a Comment...Hola. The booking reference was 7617887.

“Charged for damage which was already on car!!”

Written on: 12/05/2015 by KAREN1310 (1 review written)

We booked through DoYouSpain and even though we queued for quite a while in Palma Airport the staff were very nice and we were very pleased when we eventually got our hire car. Upon inspecting our car we noticed quite a lot of tree sap on the body and a very small dent on the front passenger door. As this mark was not shown on the car condition sheet my husband found a Goldcar operative to tell him but we were told 'no problem'. As this was a very small dent we took him at his word but did take… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/05/2015

Dear Customer,

We are happy to hear we finally solved your query. Hoping you rent with us again soon on your next visit. Have a great holiday!

Kindest regards,

Karen1310's Response to KAREN1310's Review

I must update the above review and say that today (14th May) I have been
contacted by Goldcar customer services who have informed me that a mistake had
been made!. They have now refunded the 200 Euros and apologised for any
inconvenience caused - not sure this would of happened if we hadn't taken
the photo's.!. Goes to show that if you feel you have been unjustly treated it is worth pursuing - thank you Goldcar for sorting the matter out.

Karen1310

“Purchase un neccesary insurance”

Written on: 11/05/2015

I booked a hire car from 21st - 29th April 2015, when i booked the car through doyouspain.com, it would not let me book the car without taking out insurance, so i decided to book the insurance as i knew this would be cheaper than booking it through gold hire.. When i got to the gold hire desk at Palma airport i was told that my insurance was invalid (after waiting 40 mins in the que and they served people with children before couples despite me being in the que 30 mins longer than every one… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Please allow me to explain our Flex Fuel policy: customers pre-purchase a full tank and receive a refund for unused fuel, minus a handling and administration fee (the vehicle needs to be driven to be refueled and cannot be rented out in the meantime). With this plan customers benefit from our Quick Return System, they don't have to worry about refueling the vehicle close to the office before returning it or wait for the tank to be checked.

Goldcar representative

“Goldcar very rude service”

Written on: 11/05/2015

We went to Malaga Airport to collect our car booked online. I paid online for full insurance cover. However when I arrived to collect the car I was told that it didn't count as it was booked on a third party website. The very rude blonde haired girl told me no that if I did not pay there was no car. A German couple next to me were in tears after being told the same as they did not understand why she wouldn't give them a car. The blonde girl and another said they didn't speak German only Spanish… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Malaga was not as expected. Please note that our basic coverage always contemplates an excess (please see our T&Cs). If customers have third party coverage, such as yourself, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

We truly apologize if you felt the treatment of our staff was not correct, we will make sure to speak to them.

Goldcar representative

“Great car, happy with overall experience”

Written on: 10/05/2015 by Jonc289 (1 review written)

Since I don't have a credit card, GoldCar was one of the few companies that I could hire with just using a debit card. I booked through Bravo Car Hire, who provided me with a car hire voucher and gave great customer service. I hired an automatic Ford Focus from Barcelona El Prat airport, where I had to wait about 40 minutes in a queue. However, having booked beforehand I received the car quickly. The car itself was about 90 euros for 6 days. I paid for Super Relax cover (also about 90 euros)… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your positive and informed feedback. Hoping you rent with us again soon on your next visit.

Kindest regards,
Goldcar representative

“Beware Goldcar Damage deductions on your credit card.”

Written on: 09/05/2015

We booked a car from Goldcar at Murcia airport, Spain through a broker and paid in advance so that we paid in pounds rather than euros. On arrival we were asked for a credit card for the fuel charge as usual and an additional payment for 'insurance'. As we already had insurance I declined to pay their additional insurance charge. Before I was given the car keys I had to sign for receipt of the car in good condition (sight unseen) but was told that if there was any query to report this to the… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Murcia was not as expected. Please note that our basic coverage has a series of exclusions (please see our T&Cs). If customers have third party coverage, such as yourself, they can request a refund from them in case of damages.

Krs12Db's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2015

Thank you for troubling to reply but if you read the complaint fully you will see that there was no damage to the car on its return and I have a signed form to say so. I have no intention of claiming on my insurance for damage which was not caused during my hire period.

“Penalty Fuel Charge For A Full Tank. WHY ??????”

Written on: 09/05/2015

I received a penalty fuel charge email this morning from GOLDCAR to the value of €40, I was astounded as I had only just put €43 worth in the car from just below half on the gauge. It was so full I could see the fuel in the pipe, so driving 15 minutes through Alicante to the airport isn't going to use any fuel especially in a little 1.2 ltr Peugeot. When I dropped the car off I waited around for 35 minutes to speak to a Goldcar Rep to show him the tank was full but as usual with hire car… Read Full Review

“WHY DIDN'T I LOOK AT REVIEWS BEFORE I BOOKED THE CAR?”

Written on: 06/05/2015 by JohanRyden (1 review written)

This is the worst company ever. I ordered a car for a five day stay in Italy, we booked a hotel outside of Rome because we knew we had a car and wanted to stay away from city center. I paid in advance and got a receipt on the transaction. everything was good up until we got to the rental place and the "nice" lady asked for Passport, drivers license and credit card. She checked her computer and then told us this is not a credit card.. Ok it is a debit card with credit on it, we don't have a… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Rome was not as expected. Please note that, as stated in our T&Cs, we do not accept, Diners Club, American Express, Postepay or cash at the counter. Our offices in Italy do not accept debit cards, and this is clearly specified in the confirmation email/voucher received by our customers.

Johanryden's Response to JohanRyden's Review

Written on: 07/05/2015

Could you please use the WEB OF TRUST to mark their homepage as bad so that we can stop this kind of company to fool more people!

“The worst car company in Malaga!”

Written on: 06/05/2015 by TaliyahWhite (1 review written)

After SO MANY of my clients complaining to me about GOLDCAR in Malaga/Spain, I feel a comment to warn people is way overdue! It's not only the their ripoffs with with so called "extras", but mostly the incredible long waiting time it takes to actually get the car ordered online after arrival at the airport. We actually now warn our clients to avoid booking them!! Again and again, my clients arrive exhausted, reporting that they had to wait over 3 hours to get their car, far longer than their… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Please note that the price advertised online is only the basic rental charge, the only mandatory charge at destination is a full tank of fuel (unused fuel refundable) and a deposit or additional coverage.

Regarding waiting time, we are currently trying to solve this issue by opening auxiliary offices, and what you mention only occurs during sporadic peak times where flights overlap.

Goldcar representative

“I wish I didn't have to give them 1 star!”

Written on: 06/05/2015

They do not deserve one star! As all of the other reviews before (wish I had read them) - In addition to the extremely long wait, the rude staff, the added insurance even though I had paid extra through Holiday Autos, we couldn't even find the offices at Milan Malpensa and the only nice assistant there admitted there were no signs and it is difficult to find. Without exception every customer we saw was unhappy with them and every one I have spoken to since who have used them is the same.They… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Milan was not as expected. Please note that our basic coverage has a series of exclusions (please see our T&Cs). If customers have third party coverage, such as yourself, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card. This is common practice in the rental car sector.

We truly apologize for the GPS issue; please understand that this is a highly irregular situation as we check our devices regularly.

“Avoid Goldcar!”

Written on: 05/05/2015 by Bishophv150 (1 review written)

Through a broker Do you Spain we were given a Goldcar. I have had a bad experience with them before so should have known better. On arrival it took over one hour to queue and do the paperwork (same as previous experience). Everyone in the queue had a dispute of some kind - generally about the hidden costs although Goldcar will say its all there in writing. The car was dirty when we got it and we checked it over but may have missed a scrape on the back bumper. On return there was a scrape… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as expected. Please note that our basic coverage has a series of exclusions (please see our T&Cs). We offer an additional insurance at the counter for customers’ peace of mind and as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

Please note that customers can only book the desired category of vehicle, the offered vehicle at the counter depends on availability. This is common practice in the rental car sector.

Krs12Db's Comment

Written on: 09/05/2015

Coincidence - they also charged us 200 euros supposedly to repair a small scrape on a car at Sanjavier airport, Spain. There was no 'scrape' when we returned the car.

“Not used Goldcar rental Spain”

Written on: 04/05/2015 by Bob66 (1 review written)

A desk officer over the counter declared you different conditions, then you have given (fixed) on the agreement via internet. If you protesting against the new conditions, a desk officer declare you , then he can not rant yoy tha car, and told you, then you can leave.He spaek not about reternung yor money. This is totally incorrect behavior, which does not belongs to the european culture of bussiness… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/05/2015

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Malaga was not as expected. Please note that the rental procedure is explained on our webpage during the booking process. The only mandatory charge at destination is a full tank of fuel (unused fuel refundable) and a deposit or additional coverage.

“What do you expect?”

Written on: 04/05/2015 by Jenkinsjo357 (1 review written)

I’ve booked car hire with Goldcar several times. Booked again just now. I’ve marked this review as a 1 star partly so that I can feature with the moaners. I don’t know much about car hire in Spain but I do know a bit about business and a bit about economics. It is clear that internet booking and the activity of internet intermediaries have made a large part of the car hire sector an almost perfect market. The purchaser is fully informed on price (i.e. thinks he is) and is purchasing… Read Full Review