GoldCar Rental Reviews - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Shambolic ”

Written on: 23/02/2017 by Keeganhb337 (1 review written)

Staff rude had pre booked car but still waited over an hour to be served, just awful please avoid at all costs… Read Full Review

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS!”

Written on: 21/02/2017 by Madalynns478 (1 review written)

Rented a car at Malaga airport, and had to sign a form saying that the car had no marks. You have to leave the airport for the car park to collect the car. The desk in the car park was closed and you are not allowed back into the airport to see the hire desk. The car was marked all over - on virtually every panel. I took photographs immediately and returned with the car early next morning. The attendant looked at the photo's and the car and amended the documentation accordingly. When I… Read Full Review

“Underhand business practice!!!!”

Written on: 19/02/2017

We rented our car from GOLDCAR at Malaga airport, via Ryanair website in January this year. Collected vehicle which had extensive damage all around the car. We checked the vehicle against the check sheet and found additional damage not recorded and proceeded to further inspect the car with a Goldcar representative. As we were doing this he on several occasions informed us that some additional damage fell within their allowable criteria. We took photos of much of the more extensive damage, but… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/02/2017

Stop lying that you are trying to improve your services. More than 2000 negative reviews (95%) and counting, with lots of them being about damage not recorded on the sheet and customers being charged for this afterwards. Stop denying this, stop blaming your customers for this and START TAKING SOME RESPONSIBILITY ffs.

You guys are an absolute disgrace to the business.

“avoid Goldcar rental”

Written on: 17/02/2017 by McQueen37 (1 review written)

Car didn't have aircon although this was booked.Was old,noisy and full of dents/scuffs.Hard sell at Lanzarote airport re extra insurance,even though we had our own excess insurance,were told this was useless.Had to leave 1100 Euros deposit.Fuel policy at full-full was ok… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/02/2017

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note that we are aware that third parties offer customers their own coverage, as in your case, but it should be explained that this coverage is only applied when a charge is debited from the deposit left by the customer to the rent-a-car company - this is how the third party's coverage policy works. For that reason our agents still had to charge you for a deposit for the rental.

Please note that this was a basic part of our policy in order to be able to arrange a contract with us. These condition were specified on your confirmation voucher as well as on your contract.

Kind regards,

“Avoid at all costs!”

Written on: 15/02/2017 by Neckermann (4 reviews written)

AVOID! Booked a car for a week here. Afterwards I returned it ON TIME and WITHOUT DAMAGE and even had an employee sign for this. I have all the proof on paper. Nevertheless Goldcar charged my Credit Card for an additional €100, claiming I returned the car too late. Calling or mailing them only results in nondescript, cliché replies referring to their "terms & conditions". I can read however and know exactly what I signed for. I had to contact my credit card company in order to get my money… Read Full Review

Dear Neckermann,

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note that all of our basic procedures are stated on your confirmation voucher as well as on your contract. Please note that you are always hiring for an specific periord of time, if you exceed the established days, our policy contemplates a penalization for the number of hours/days our company couldn't hire the car due to a late return.

Neckermann's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Dear Goldcar webcare employee,

I know your boss pays you to copy and past these kind of hollow, meaningless responses on the forums, but please stop. It's embarrassing.

As I said before, I returned the car on time. Because I could prove this and Goldcar COULD NOT PROVE that I returned the car overdue, my credit card company refunded me 100% of the money you wrongfully charged me. Yes, you read that correct: I GOT ALL MY MONEY BACK! Just check your bank account.

“STAY AWAY FROM GOLDCAR AT ANY COST !!!”

Written on: 14/02/2017 by MarleyBauer29 (1 review written)

THIS IS THE EVIL OF RENTAL CARS – don’t do this mistake, don’t be lured by the cheap rental price, THEY WILL RUIN YOUR HOLIDAY!!! I have been overcharged EUR 264 (months after...) compared to EUR 64 rental price for 5 days!! How good is that!! They even charged me EUR 80 despite that its written in the contract that the fine is EUR 40 – they do whatever they want – THE WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!!! STAY AWAY AT ANY COST!!! … Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note that all of our basic procedures are stated on your confirmation voucher as well as on your contract. Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP.

Dear Goldcar webcare employee,

Thank you for copying & pasting some standard reply from a template as a reaction to this negative review. These reactions are essential for people like us to see what kind of a company Goldcar is.

"We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so."

No you don't and no it isn't. You are not at all trying to improve your services and you don't care AT ALL about your customer's opinions. Just read the more than 2000 reviews on this site: they're all negative. And what do you do? Instead of solving the matter, you hide behind your Terms & conditions, blaming your customers instead of taking your responsibility. All that seems to matter for Goldcar is to take as much money from their customers as possible, knowing and accepting they will be one-time customers only

If you REALLY cared about our opinions and if you REALLY wanted to improve your service as you are stating in your standard-replies here, why aren't the reviews improving then? Why are they still as bad as they were some years ago? Why does Goldcar willfully leave out damage on their damage reports so they can (and will) charge their customers for it afterwards? Why does Goldcar charge it's clients for fuel when the car was returned with a full tank? Why does Goldcar charge its clients for (made-up) overdue return when the car was returned on-time? Why does Goldcar use a switch & bait system by deliberately leaving out mandatory 'service' fees on it's website and thus appearing cheaper? Why does Goldcar charge a service fee at all while it isn't delivering any service to it's customers?

Please, dear Goldcar Webcare employee, do you also have a template you can copy & paste on the forum that answers all of these questions? Thank you!

“Charged for damage that was present at the Time of hire”

Written on: 13/02/2017 by 141057 (1 review written)

I have hired with Goldcar in Alicante and Valencia many times. On this occasion I hired in Alicante on 31st Dec 2016. I filled out the paperwork in arrivals hall and proceeded to the garage to collect the car. The damage / check in report said there was no damage whatsoever. However, on checking the car it had many scratches and bumps on it. I got the girl from the office to come and check the car. She marked the damage down but refused to mark one piece of damage on the rear bumper as it was… Read Full Review

Neckermann's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

"We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so."

“Rudest staff on the planet”

Written on: 13/02/2017

I picked up a car at las Palmas Airport Gran Canaria on 4th Feb. I spoke to the girl at the counter in Spanish. She screamed a rude one word answer at me and then sneered at me accusing me of having no more words of Spanish. When I put out my hand for a form to fill in she grabbed it and began to shake my hand. When she realised from my expression that she had gone too far she mumbled someting about not wanting to talk in Spanish to customers???? She then gave us directions in very rapid… Read Full Review

"We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so."

“I'd Rather walk and carry suitcase's than rent from these!”

Written on: 09/02/2017 by Stanleyy417 (1 review written)

If your the sort of person who likes to dry your hair with a hairdrier whilst still showering then this is the company for You!! Rented from these people via a 3rd party( if you can call them people) in Dec 2016 from Fuerteventura airport..Never Never Never again I'd rather walk or swim shark infested waters than rent a even a bicyle from these people.Being the 3rd person in the que i thought great 15-20 mins tops I'll be on my way. Yeh right, 57 mins later I'm walking away with directions not… Read Full Review

“Terrible ”

Written on: 08/02/2017 by SaraiDaugherty (1 review written)

They charged 82! euro for a full tank. When i delivered the car charged me 33 euro extra on my credit card. Sneaky and very unfair..don't rent you're care here!… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, we understand that you contracted a Flex Fuel rate with us. Our Flex Fuel policy works this way: you leave a deposit for it at the beginning of the rental. Then at your return, we deduct the quantity of fuel you used of it and release the difference back. On the other hand, this rate also has a fuel handling and administration fee due to its features. This information is specified on our general T&Cs detailed on your contract as well as on our website. The cost of this fee would vary depending on several factors such as the type of car rented and the type of fuel that it consumes. Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

“Terrible”

Written on: 07/02/2017 by Route69 (1 review written)

Paulius Leika wrote on Goldcar's Timeline. Terrible business! Not recomend. Next time I rented a car although double the price elsewhere in other company. I rent car in Cyprus. Car been terrible condition (no mud guards, squezing from engine, all car body damaged). Rent a car with A/C, but I got without. Car been was all dirty inside and outside. I wait company employee 40min, and he say: "you lucky enough to have a phone call because you were waiting for even longer". Employee said that… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note that your deposit block was already processed and it’s still in progress. Keep in mind that these transactions is not as fast as the fuel refund, given that our central bank has to process many operations of this kind. This usually could take between 15-20 working days after the contract’s end. You can check this matter on our website's T&Cs.

Bear in mind that that as this was a release of money withheld previously, you shouldn’t expect to see a refund, but a quantity that should be shown as “available” again on your account.

If you want, you can refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

“go elsewhere”

Written on: 07/02/2017 by yaFox360 (1 review written)

Absolute robbing company. Would advise everyone to go elsewhere. We hired the car and had full insurance (comprehensive) to then get to the desk to be told that this insurance only covered third party and we had to pay extra to upgrade other wise they were going to charge us €1000. You also have to pay extra as a "guarantor" for petrol as the car has to be brought back on full. However, they told us we would get this back plus the extra insurance if there was no damage to the car on return… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note that our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility. . Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

“Rip off”

Written on: 05/02/2017

While making the payment at front desk, staff told me the deposit is EUR 200; but after the rental I only get EUR 120 back. Have already made a call to customer service and was advised that deposit is EUR 120, the rest EUR 60 is Diesel extra charge and EUR 20 is coverage. It is totally different that what I have been advised while making the payment. … Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

I can see by your message that you contracted a Felx Fuel policy with us. Our Flex Fuel policy works this way: you leave a deposit for it at the beginning of the rental. Then at your return, we deduct the quantity of fuel you used of it and release the difference back. On your case they refunded everything, because you returned it full again. However, this rate also has a fuel handling and administration fee due to its features. This information is specified on our general T&Cs detailed on your contract as well as on our website (provision 7.a). The cost of this fee would vary depending on several factors such as the type of car rented and the type of fuel that it consumes. That must be the amount they kept at yoru return. Regarding the diesel fee, if you didn't request a diesel car, you are entitled to receive a refund. Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website and explain them this situation. They would return you the diesel fee ASAP.

Goldcar Representative.

“WARNING - DONT GO NEAR THEM”

Written on: 31/01/2017 by YVONNENEUMAN (1 review written)

They offer you great deals then when you pick up the car all the hidden extras mount up to more than hiring from the more reputable car renters. The fuel refill charge was astronomical which you couldnt get out of because they said you had to return the car empty.  i wish i had read a review about them before. There are so many out there complaining about them. They really should be shut down as it's unbelievable how they get away with such highway robbery. As we believe in karma we are sure… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note that all of our basic procedures are stated on your confirmation voucher as well as on your contract. Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

“thives”

Written on: 30/01/2017 by rxMcFadden1950 (1 review written)

I would not ever hire a car from this company again and would also advise you not to hire a car from them as the service is unacceptable. From the very start of the car hire process it was a sham, When we picked up the car it had 4 damaged panels on it, we stated we were not happy to take the car but were told this was the only car available and to complete a form to pre-identify the damage was present at pick up.We were advised there would not be any problems if we followed this policy, we… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note that our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility. If you took some photos of the state of the car at the moment of collection, please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website and attach them the photos. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Goldcar Representative.

“GOLDCAR rental - NO !!!! BEWARE !!!!”

Written on: 26/01/2017 by GoldcarLoser (1 review written)

I used their rental services in Porto, and had purchased via Ryan Air full insurance coverage. Upon arrival at their rental, they had said that that coverage was not full and charged me an additional 226€. I have written numerous emails with read and delivery confirmations and my emails are deleted without being read. I have written to them 6 times - no response and have called their customer service line in Spain with no satisfaction. DO NOT USE THIS RENTAL CAR AGENCY… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you have to know that our policy contemplates the requirement to leave a deposit in order to pick the car and start using our services. However, we always offer additional cover (Super Relax Cover), because it already includes an excess and it exempts you of this requirement. If customers have third party coverage, they can request a refund from them in case of damages, but our additional coverage is always offered as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

We understand that you booked a third party's coverage from home.
However, I'd like to explain you how our coverage policy works. We always make the customer choose from two different options: you can purchase our additional coverage or you can leave a deposit in which you'll be liable of any damage made to the car, as our agent explained you at the counter. However, as you did not ask expressly to block a deposit on your cc, we had no option but to charge you our additional coverage.
We are aware that third parties offer customers their own coverage, as in your case, but it should be explained that this coverage is only applied when a charge is debited from the deposit left by the customer to the rent-a-car company - this is how the third party's coverage policy works. As you didn’t leave deposit you’ll have to contact with your broker in order to ask them for a refund of this coverage you ended not using, because we're not aware of the conditions of the third party's coverage refund.
Please note that our additional coverage is a non-refundable service, as you did accept it and consumed it already, we cannot do any refunds now.

Goldcar Representative.

“unjust, sneaky credit card charge !!!!”

Written on: 24/01/2017 by Finnx2 (1 review written)

i hired a car from this company on gran canaria November 2016, at airport I was told where car was and given a car body damage sheet & told to check, mark on sheet & take fotos of any damage not already marked on said sheet, as I am a car mechanic, I went all around the car with my partener, marking sheet & taking fotos of marks, scuffs etc that were not on sheet already, ther was no one there from goldcar to point these things out to. on leaving carpark and putting radio on, the reception was… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note that it was very important that the missing antenna was also warned at the moment of pickup. If you took photos of the car at the start of the rental, please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website and send them these proofs. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Goldcar Representative.

“Do not hire a car with this company”

Written on: 18/01/2017 by Suesteel (0 reviews written)

I arranged a weeks car hire in Spain through Holiday Autos. The car supplier was GOLDCAR RENTAL. The excess was €1100 which is quite high but I have excess insurance so it was not a problem. On arrival at the Goldcar desk, after a long wait, I was told by the agent, in an abrupt and unhelpful manner, that my choices were to take the car as it was with 3rd party insurance or take out their insurance. I asked to pay the excess by having it blocked on my credit card but was told that it was not… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/01/2017

Hi,

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

We understand that you booked a third party's coverage from home.

Suesteel's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 31/01/2017

I definitely did not book third party cover. My voucher quite clearly stated that I had to pay an excess of €1100. Your agent refused to look at the voucher and told me that I could not have the excess option.
You need to be aware that this is what your agents are telling customers in order to force them into taking out your insurance. Read the reviews and you will see that many customers have had the same experience as me. My situation is now resolved as Goldcars have rewarded my persistence with a refund.

Kieran1986's Response to Suesteel's Review

Written on: 22/01/2017

Worst service ever received! I will be putting a complaint in tomorrow! Here's my experience!

I turn up having booked car hire via doyouspain having paid the car damage via them. The first thing they say is that's independent and the deposit has to be paid in case of damage. Also informed that the damage waiver only cover external damage and not interior so any internal damage needs to be paid for on top of the excess of €1400!!! Not happy but accepted and got my car details.

Once I get to the car I think after what I had been told I need to check it thourghly.

Marks mentioned was damage to the right hand side of the near the boot.

The damage I found on top of this was disgraceful! Huge scratch on the right hand side across most the back side of the car! Damage on both front wheel arches! The parcel shelf for the boot did not stay in place and was totally destroyed and the back seats was covered in marks!!! All this was visible in the dark too as I landed in the evening!

I complain and say that I'm unhappy with the vehicle and they said I should have reported it to the office upstairs! They gave me a new car eventually and I also felt pressured into taking there cover after experiencing such a bad car in the first place!

I've driven that car to our resort were staying at and I have never driven such a bad car in my life! Ive had some bad cars in the past and this tops them all! Something rattling at higher speeds and as noisy as hell!

All in all a VERY UNHAPPY GOLD CAR CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!

Suesteel's reply to Kieran1986's Comment

Written on: 31/01/2017

Don't give up on your complaint. Many emails later I have got a refund on the unwanted insurance. Persistence pays.

“STAY WELL CLEAR !!!”

Written on: 09/01/2017

As we travel to Alicante, Spain 3-4 times a year have booked with this Goldcar car rental at the airport many many times. They now profess to have a points system where regular customers earn points which can be used against a future booking. Therefore because of our many bookings we have accumulated points and on the last two visits to Spain have redeemed our points for an additional driver. The first time they didn't knock off the points and tried to charge us for the additional driver, we… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2017

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you can open a query to our Customer Services department through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Goldcar Representative.

“Goldcar worst customer service(CAR HIRE) MAJORCA,SPAIN”

Written on: 08/01/2017

i would not give Goldcar any rating the reasons are it has worst check in check out service staff are not interested to to do do those duties, they hold your credit card details and charge without taking into consideration how the car has checked in or out because the staff do not preforms these duties for i had taken all pictures of car when it was checked in and out, as Goldcar decided to take payment of £450.00 from my credit card for what was not my fault and the staff at checkout was not… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2017

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

We recommend you to open a query process through our website, so our Customer Service department could start an investigation of this matter.