GoldCar Rental Reviews - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Bad News!”

Written on: 25/03/2015 by Oppi (1 review written)

Subject: GOLDCAR RENTAL GOLDCAR Car Hire, never ever book with this company! Petrol! .......They charge you again for a full tank at an inflated price, even though we filled the tank almost full. Damage to the car! .....Bumps and scrapes are not fully marked on the contract when taking delivery of the car! Windscreen! ......... When the car was returned, the attendant went straight to a tiny 1 mm chip in the windscreen, almost impossible to see, yet appearing to know exactly where to look!… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/03/2015

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Almeria was not as expected.

Please note that the price advertised online is only the basic rental charge. Our basic coverage has a series of exclusions (please see our T&Cs); we offer an additional insurance at the counter, for customers’ peace of mind and as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

Goldcar representative

“They have hidden costs and charge your card.”

Written on: 23/03/2015 by Guillermo77 (1 review written)

They have charge for Full tank 60€ and although we took it back full they haven't unblock the money from our credit card. They also over charged the cost of the rent 30€. The vehicle was full of scraches and when we returned it they blocked from our card 1200€ because they blamed us for some of them (though we had a video from the moment we rent it). DON'T RENT FROM THEM.GO ON FOOT. … Read Full Review

Written on: 25/03/2015

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Rome was not as expected. Please note that the price advertised online is only the basic rental charge.

Our basic coverage has a series of exclusions (please see our T&Cs). Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card (unblocked 15-20 days later if the vehicle is returned in the same condition).

Regarding the fuel refund, please respond to this comment with your contract number and I will answer ASAP. Please note that with our Flex Fuel policy customers pre-purchase a full tank and receive a refund for unused fuel, minus a handling and administration fee. With this plan customers benefit from our Quick Return System, they don't have to worry about refueling the vehicle close to the office before returning it or wait for the tank to be checked.

Goldcar representative

“A complete rip off, never again”

Written on: 23/03/2015 by Pope476 (1 review written)

I paid for a full tank of petrol at the beginning of the hire on the basis it would be refunded if the car was returned with a full tank. I was involved in an accident and the car was returned on a transporter with around half a tank of fuel. I was then charged, my deduction from my deposit, with filling up the tank but my initial payment for a tank has not been refunded. I am still fighting for my refund… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/03/2015

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as expected. Regarding the refund for fuel, please respond to this comment with your contract number and I will answer ASAP.

Goldcar representative

“Poor service ripped off”

Written on: 21/03/2015 by Wayneabrehart (1 review written)

Arrived arricife to collect pre booked hire car, long kes as people arguing about excess insurance or €950 + deposit . Got to kiosk about an hour later accepted extras and got keys to collect car. When we got the car discovered less than a quarter tank of fuel paid 65.20€ for full tank, so I went back to the kiosk to inform them was told no problem we will refund card as there was still lengthy kew. But upon returning car I informed them again of the fuel scenario and was told no the would… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Tenerife was not as expected. Please respond to this comment with your contract number so I may solve the fuel issue; again, our apologies for a highly irregular situation.

Wayneabrehart's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2015

The problem was actually at arricife lanzarote as per my review . I've already gone through your claims proceedure

“poor service, robber,technical car for killing”

Written on: 21/03/2015 by 384Mendoza (1 review written)

never ever, they are robbers,overcharge , i booked cheap but on the airport had to payed extra 80 euros because they dont accept debit card, plus when i drop off car i bought fuel for 20 euros but they refund me 17 pounds( from 60 euros deposit for fuel) i hired fiat 500 , car had dirty front window ,and after 200 km car was so noisy when i use brakes (brakes pads) i drived to masca lol it isnt funny so dangerous rouds… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Please allow me to explain our Flex Fuel policy: customers pre-purchase a full tank and receive a refund for unused fuel, minus a handling and administration fee. With this plan customers benefit from our Quick Return System, they don't have to worry about refueling the vehicle close to the office before returning it or wait for the tank to be checked. A Full to Full plan is also offered and explained during the booking process through our website.

Goldcar representative

“Be careful! Unexpected charges”

Written on: 17/03/2015 by Leonid_S (1 review written)

I used Goldcar in Malaga maybe 10 times, read all the tricks and excessive charges and succesfully avoided them for some time. Actually the cars are pretty good, they even opened another office in malaga airport. But last two times I was charged unwanted fees, though I thought that's not gonna happen to me. First time I took BMW 1 series for a week, the price was smth about 220EUR through autoeurope - but at the desk I paid additional 220 EUR - I was ready that there will be charges for fuel… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/03/2015

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Málaga was not as expected. We apologize if the vehicle you were offered was not in optimal condition; please believe that it is highly irregular. Offering top rate cars is our top priority, which is why 70% of our +37,000 car fleet is renewed annually.

If you would like me to review your contract, please respond to this comment with your contract number.

Leonid_S's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 23/03/2015

here's the contract number 7403193
I always used the fast return system, just gave the keys to the staff, that cleaning charge was a very unpleasant surprise.

“Excessive charges”

Written on: 16/03/2015 by joeclarke1985 (1 review written)

Booked with doyouspain.com which only seem to have goldcar as an option. Was quoted 34 euros for 3 days full/full fuel. Got to the office and after paying the prescribed amount of 34 euros plus 950 euro deposit and a ridiculous fuel fee which was refundable I was then asked to sign on the screen which I did thinking it was for the card transaction. After this he prints off a contract I havent yet read which has my signature transcribed on it and I notice I have been charged in pounds which… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Gibraltar was not as expected.

Please note that multiple currency operations are accepted, under the terms and conditions set out by the Bank handling the payment, as explained in our T&Cs.

Goldcar representative

“Great Price, Car was shabby though”

Written on: 15/03/2015 by GeordieKat (3 reviews written)

We hired from Goldcar in Malta from 7th-14th March 2015. They were easy to find, the desk service in the airport was phenominally good, we were even greeted in the car park and shown to our vehicle and there was someone there to meet us on our return. The car was mechanically sound, it was annoying they couldn't supply a working fob, we had an underground carpark in our hotel and the interior light didn't work which was a pain, then when I needed to use the rear wiper there wasn't one attached… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your positive and informed feedback. We are surprised to hear that the vehicle you were given was not in optimal condition. Offering top rate vehicles is our number one priority, which is why 70% of our +37,000 car fleet is renewed annually.

If you rent with us again, please ask for the vehicle to be exchanged if you are not satisfied with the one offered.

Kindest regards,
Goldcar representative

“Not as bad as i thought it would be”

Written on: 15/03/2015 by CarsonBird471 (1 review written)

Booked car rental through a 'middleman' internet company. Pick up location: Bologna airport (Italy). Having read some very appalling reviews prior to collecting the car i was very apprehensive. So here is my experience: The good: The person serving at the desk was very polite, spoke very good english and was actually helpful - gave me a free upgrade when i asked for one at no extra charge. I did't use all the fuel so the remainder was refunded on my CC within 48hrs and an email was sent to… Read Full Review

“Warning”

Written on: 13/03/2015 by HansAndersson (1 review written)

They come up with charges after you leave the car. Cleaning fee (for 2 plastic bottles on the floor), fuel surcharge and handling fee. A small part of deposit we got back. Goldcar seemed the cheapest, but it's better, nicer and cheaper to hire by other reliable car rental companies… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as expected. Please allow me to explain our Flex Fuel policy: customers pre-purchase a full tank and receive a refund for unused fuel, minus a handling and administration fee. With this plan customers benefit from our Quick Return System, they don't have to worry about refueling the vehicle close to the office before returning it or wait for the tank to be checked.

Regarding cleaning fee, if it is not already justified, please respond to this comment with your contract number and I will answer ASAP.

“Fuel return rip-off”

Written on: 11/03/2015 by Mayfw339 (1 review written)

Took full to full fuel option with Goldcar when hiring through DoYouSpain as we were only staying for a long weekend. Mega long queue at Goldcar kiosk on arrival at Alicante airport and it took over an hour to get car. On returning the car I re-filled the car with diesel and ended up getting overspill from the tank on my shoes. I then drove approx 12 miles to the airport from the filling station. Fuel Gauge was reading full when I dropped the car back with Goldcar. On arrival home I received an… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Please respond to this comment with your contract number, I will look for this issue and I will answer ASAP.

Goldcar representative

“ Forced currency conversion”

Written on: 10/03/2015 by Randallqp185 (1 review written)

I'm from a country which doesn't use Euro as currency. We have our own. When paying for fuel at the counter,  I was literally FORCED to pay in my country's currency even though it clearly states in Goldcars Terms and Conditions that method of payment can be chosen by the customer. Here's proof: ---------------------- 6) PAYMENTS AND METHODS OF PAYMENT . . 6.3 Method of Payment: The credit card used to make the reservation should be presented by the cardholder when the vehicle is collected… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Alicante was not as expected. We will talk to the manager of our office about your comment. I recommend saying to our staff at the counter, which is your preference currency to pay with.

“Nasty company”

Written on: 09/03/2015 by cmsammy (1 review written)

Goldcar Tenerife tried to sell me insurance that was more than the car hire and when I said no, he basically threatened me that they could take any amount of money from my card that they wished. They said they would charge for every scratch and dent with no limits. They didn't provide a condition report and the car had scratches and little dents all over it so I took photos of every one before I left the airport. I had hired it through economycarentals with full insurance and zero excess.I… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Tenerife was not as expected. Please note that our basic coverage has a series of exclusions (please see our T&Cs). If customers have third party coverage, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

Please allow me to explain our Flex Fuel policy: customers pre-purchase a full tank and receive a refund for unused fuel, minus a handling and administration fee, this fee is included in the fuel price. With this plan, customers benefit from our Quick Return System, they don't have to worry about refueling the vehicle close to the office before returning it or wait for the tank to be checked.

Cmsammy's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 11/03/2015

Thank you for taking the time to respond, however, I'm not sure you really addressed my grievances.

1. If you are going to charge for any dents and scratches you HAVE to issue a condition report at the start of the hire, if not you can charge for the same dent over and over again..

2. You charge double the actual cost of fuel, any refund will be completely cancelled by your handling and admin fees so completely pointless. Full to full is the only fair fuel policy.

Dear customer,

1. We do a report and make the repairs necessaries to rent the car, during the preparation of the vehicle for further rent.

2. Allow me to explain our fuel policy; during the booking process customers have the option of purchasing two fuel plans: our Flex Fuel plan, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and receives a refund for unused fuel (no need to return it empty), minus a handling and administration fee, this fee is already included in the fuel price. The second plan is a Full to Full, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and is refunded the same amount when returning the vehicle with a full tank.

Martin52's Response to cmsammy's Review

Written on: 12/03/2015

Goldcar in Milan Melpensa has the same policy that when you choose not to take out their insurance then they find damage to charge you. 3 weeks ago I hired a car that had 24000km driven, it showed minor damage on one side of the car when I arrived, I immediately noticed significant damage to the other side on every panel which I duly noted and had the rep countersign which they did without seeing the damage (clearly they knew it was there!) when I returned the car (I had only driven it twice in a week) they picked up damage to the wing mirror which I hadn't noted yet was on the side of the extensive damage, they said they wouldn't charge. However when I returned I had a bill for 180 Euros on my credit card, they agreed after an exchange of email to refund 85 euros but haven't done that yet, this company is totally unethical, DO NOT HIRE FROM THEM WITHOUT INSURANCE as they will trick you.

Report this review Read 4 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“My card was charged in error 5 months after return to UK”

Written on: 08/03/2015 by Rollinski58 (1 review written)

Everything seemed fine when we hired the car and returned but my credit card has been charged 5 months following rental, when all balances had been paid at return of car. This was at Pisa airport, Italy… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We truly apologize for any technical or human errors. Please respond to this comment with your contract number if the extra charge was not refunded or justified and I will answer ASAP.

“Greedy”

Written on: 07/03/2015 by Barnett1991 (1 review written)

Full tank of a Ford Focus for EUR 90 on an Island where fuel costs EUR 1.00/liter. Far a way from the airport, no office at the airport but you have to go and find them somewhere in Morodor and then they take you to their office. … Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as expected.

Please allow me to explain our Flex Fuel policy: customers pre-purchase a full tank and receive a refund for unused fuel, minus a handling and administration fee. With this plan customers benefit from our Quick Return System and they don't have to worry about refueling the vehicle close to the office before returning it.

Please note that indications of how to find our offices are described on the confirmation voucher. You can also find all indications (for those not in the airport facilities) on our official YouTube channel (Goldcar).

Sietefurbetti's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2015

But why don't you give the option to do the full-full for free ?
It should be much more clear ....
On your website the option full-full cost a lot of money more... why ??
If I take the full and I leave the full why have you to earn money on this ?
It is only a not-clear policy and this is not a good way to see clients go back a second time...

“Total rip off”

Written on: 06/03/2015 by Finneganfo367 (1 review written)

I was charged €58 for fuel the tank only holds 37 litres and in Gran Canaria with fuel at less than €1 litre that is a massive mark up , why do they have to rip people off it is not good for buisness,DONT USE GOLDCAR RENTAL… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Gran Canaria was not as expected.

Jesterec's Comment

Written on: 06/03/2015

Hi guys, did we meet together in ´playa de Cofete´ last week? :)

Guess what I am doing since we are back from Fuerteventura? Finally, we were charged for several times for the same thing by rentacars.com and Goldcar, except this, Goldcar charged us for additional cleanig of the car 2x30Eur. Yes, there was a bit o sand inside and the car needs to go to carwash, we made maximum to keep it clean, but its totally sandy and windy island without rain, without sources of water and with poor petrol station and car wash network...
What really scares me, when we drop-off the car, they said everything is OK, no mention about additional costs...
and suprise when we come back home...

I'm trying to solve these things, I will write later how it all ended..

Dear customer,

Please respond to this comment with your contract number, so I may look into the extra charges for special cleaning and I will answer ASAP.

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Insurance rip off”

Written on: 06/03/2015 by bricurt (0 reviews written)

Beware Goldcar have changed their insurance terms.They used to offer full insurance no excess,now they have removed the no excess. They will now take a deposit from your card for 1200euros. If you damage the car at all even if it is not your fault you will lose this deposit.Find companies that are still offering full insurance / zero excess… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Allow me to explain that our basic coverage has a series of exclusions (please see our T&Cs). Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking the deposit you mention on a credit card.

Sincerely,
Goldcar representative

“gold car tried to trick me in many ways”

Written on: 06/03/2015 by hugoxxxxx (1 review written)

Avoid this company at all price, Beside tricking you on the mandatory pre-paid fuel that will cost you a lot. The seller tried to give me a car for the category below the one I rented (a downgrade). I wanted to add a day to my rental and he finted that the system was down to have me pay an extra 40 euros for an unplaned addditional rental day. but when I started calling the customer services he told me his system was up again. he told me my credit card was only a debit card to charge me a… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Fuerteventura was not as expected. Allow me to explain our fuel policy; during the booking process customers have the option of purchasing two fuel plans: our Flex Fuel plan, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and receives a refund for unused fuel (no need to return it empty), minus a handling and administration fee. The second plan is a Full to Full, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and is refunded the same amount when returning the vehicle with a full tank.

Our basic coverage has a series of exclusions (please see our T&Cs). If customers have third party coverage, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

Please note that you can find our meeting point at the bus stop that is right next to the Terminal A exit, where our shuttle bus takes our customers to our office. All information regarding the location of our offices is available for consultation on our website and on the voucher sent to the customer.

Goldcar representative

“Airport Rome - forced to buy an extra insurance”

Written on: 05/03/2015 by NeverReturningCustomer (1 review written)

The pricing information provided during the booking process is incomplete, there are hidden costs. I rented a car for 2 weeks for the advertised 150 euro and ended up paying 370 euro due to their obligatory fuel policy and a so called obligatory insurance. I tried to refuse the insurance but this was not possible. Back home I complained and found out the insurance wasn't obligatory, but i couldn't get a refund. The company stated: "So after the rental we can not do anything anymore to get a… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Rome was not as expected. Allow me to explain our fuel policy; during the booking process customers have the option of purchasing two fuel plans: our Flex Fuel plan, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and receives a refund for unused fuel (no need to return it empty), minus a handling and administration fee. The second plan is a Full to Full, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and is refunded the same amount when returning the vehicle with a full tank.

Please note that our basic coverage has a series of exclusions (please see our T&Cs). Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

Neverreturningcustomer's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 26/03/2015

Hi Victoria,

I understand the full policy and I do not really oppose as it's in the small print. The insurance however is not in the fine print. This complaint is about the insurance not the fuel policy.

The complaint is: the man at the Goldcar office at Rome airport didn't offer me additional insurance for peace of mind but forced me to buy an insurance and said it was obligatory. It turned out the insurance wasn't obligatory and I was misled. When I requested a refund, the response of Europecar/Goldcar was that the insurance cannot be undone as it is in the past.

This is the complaint, your mediation in the matter would be highly appreciated.

Martijn Kröner

“pay for full tank diesel return empty . never eagian...”

Written on: 01/03/2015 by gerarddenuyl (1 review written)

rental porto goldcar. car is good. BUT. you need to pay for all kind of taxes and you pay for a full tank but you must return the diesel empty. therefore you pay too much for diesel. example. carhire 60 euro for one week by booking. at the office in portugal. pay 135 for full tank and taxes. full tank is 70 euro. you pay dubble for the car hire. never again GOLDCAR ! … Read Full Review

Written on: 03/03/2015

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at our office in Porto was not as expected. Allow me to explain our fuel policy; during the booking process customers have the option of purchasing two fuel plans: our Flex Fuel plan, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and receives a refund for unused fuel (no need to return it empty), minus a handling and administration fee. The second plan is a Full to Full, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and is refunded the same amount when returning the vehicle with a full tank.