GoldCar Rental Reviews - www.goldcar.es

2320

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“These guys tried to aggressively sell me additional...”

Written on: 20/07/2017 by GordonP123 (1 review written)

These guys tried to aggressively sell me additional insurance i already had. Then charged me without choice a flexible fuel feature so I could return the fuel tank empty without additional charge (26EU) then subsequently have charged me again another (16EU) amount for returning the car with half a tank fo fuel. Dont use them… Read Full Review

“FRAUDULENT”

Written on: 19/07/2017

FRAUDULENT, DISHONEST car hire company. We recently returned a rental car in Toulouse, France in perfect condition and were totally blindsided a week later to find a ¢840 fee charged to our credit card - following protracted communications we were first told the car radio was stolen and then that it was damaged. We are still trying to get the documentation and evidence to support this in any way. I cannot believe this company is in business - please be warned not to do business with them. I… Read Full Review

“Warning!!!”

Written on: 18/07/2017 by Nickolasu258 (1 review written)

WARNING ! SAVE! I read a lot of reviews before hiring a car in Goldcar, Tenerife and I was sure I was prepared and will not surprise me. But I was very wrong. The rental offer is attractive only on the surface. The price must be added voluntary insurance (at www 35 euros or directly at Goldcar 120 euros to avoid unpleasant surprises.Large cost goes higher than in hotel rentals.I have bought the policy on the web.For this they get a deposit, with me 1100 euros when not At the reception, I… Read Full Review

“GOLDCAR IS A RIP OFF COMPANY”

Written on: 17/07/2017 by Prezes1234 (1 review written)

I rented a car from Goldcar in Palma, Spain. Very quickly I realized that this company is a complete rip off. The guy at the desk was the most unpleasant and rude person I ever had a chance to dealt with, he was very aggressive and forced me into paying for an additional insurance even though I had a full coverage from a third party. I was charged $544, which is $375 more than the online quote I had received. Be aware, never use this company! The complaint I made to the headquarters was not… Read Full Review

“goldcar horrible experience”

Written on: 17/07/2017 by Carolyni120 (1 review written)

We were at your office around 15:00 with the car. Your office hours are posted on your door (9:00 to 21:00), but there were no employees inside, see attached picture. When we rented the cars your employees very clearly stated that they provide a shuttle to and from the airport. We called them, but they refused to come back come with the shuttle. Your employees were rude and they stated that we have an appointment to drop off the car at 18:00 - which is not true. We found that very… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comment. We're always trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so. Our colleagues should remain courteous and respectful at all times. Customer feedback is a key part of our staff appraisal process so your comments are important and will be taken into account.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Goldcar Representative.

“Customer service representative from the airport was...”

Written on: 14/07/2017 by marianoprea22 (1 review written)

Customer service representative from the airport was terribly rude and vile, the car was a wreck with dents all around and extremely dirty inside. I genuinely missed a scratch when I had a look around due to the poor lighting in the parking level -2 Malaga airport. Called the customer service next day and explained all details and a note has been taken by the goldcar employee. I explained again when I drop the car but the lady at the office in Malaga airport was as I said vile and rude. Got an… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,
On the issue you described, please kindly note that in order to pick up a car it is compulsory to block a deposit on a valid credit
card. Our staff will always inspect the cars after each use and will mark the damages on the check-out sheet, however, we always ask customers to double check this since the cars can receive damage during their stay in the parking lot. This way both parties are aware of the damage that the car has on it before departing. On return, if our agents find damages that were not marked, they proceed to investigate and if it's considered that it occurred during this rental period, the customer will be charged for it.

Goldcar Representative.

“arrived at goldcar offce and fially got the counter...”

Written on: 13/07/2017 by oaErickson299 (1 review written)

arrived at goldcar offce and fially got the counter after 1 and half hours.went through the service only to find hidden actvation charges in the tolls.got the documents and keys found the car which was a wreck went back in to tell them about it only to be told i had to inspect the car myself and write down all the damage and then take it back in to them.qued again until someone signed the document.finally left there after over 2 hours.1 star because checking the car back in only took about 15… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,
On the issue you described, please let us explain that we make daily arrival plannings but, unfortunately, there are mishaps out of our control, such as a delay of a flight for example.
Also we offer a personalized customer service, and for that reason some customers need more attention time than others.

Nevertheless, we’re happy to tell you we're working hard to open new branch offices to reduce waiting time of our customers and inconvenience due to it.

Also, we would like to explain you we have a Priority Check-in service you can add during the booking process. With this service you don't need to worry about queues, because there is an exclusive desk for it.

We hope the rest of your experience met expectations.
Victoria R. Goldcar representative

“Worst company of all time”

Written on: 13/07/2017 by Adolfo12 (1 review written)

Avoid this company at all costs, tried to charge us 60 euro for a bit of sand on the floor of the car, my dad then went and cleaned it in 3 minutes after they claimed it would take 3 hours to claim, the guy at the desk (Marseille) then told my mum he would never rent w car to her ever again. Worst company any avoid them at all cost… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,
On the issue you described, please kindly let us explain that vehicles are seldom returned to us in a spotless condition but we do expect them to be reasonably clean. Where additional cleaning is required an extra charge is incurred. This is in line with our T&Cs.

“Same as usual!”

Written on: 13/07/2017 by McKenna1971 (1 review written)

Firstly, the car was three or four levels from the bottom due to the secluded villas and high mountains where we always holiday. The vehicle could not climb in second gear and the smell of a burning clutch in first is not good! Second, I didn't like how the petrol needle stopped moving just below the halfway mark, it left me with the mental problem of, is there enough petrol to get me here or there! Thirdly, on our last day we decided to go shopping on the way to the airport and with only an… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
We’re very surprised with your comment. On the issue you described, please kindly let us explain our staff is trained to offer an efficient, personalized, satisfactory and polite customer's attention. Furthermore, we have one of the youngest and most extensive fleets in Europe with over 50,000 vehicles which, on average, are less than one year old.

Goldcar Representative.

“Terrible customer treatment ”

Written on: 11/07/2017 by hannahhewetson (1 review written)

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I am in a long drawn out dispute with them at the moment. They have charged me 480 euros for a 3mm scratch to the windscreen which is on the passenger side top corner and does not requite a new windscreen as stated in Italian road law. As per their own Terms and Conditions, they are refusing to get an independent assessment of the damage and so adjust the cost incurred to me. I rented from Turin airport. They are not responding at all and are in breach of their own… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comment.
On the issue you described, please note that in order to pick up a car it is compulsory to block a deposit on a valid credit

“Poor”

Written on: 11/07/2017 by baStafford141 (1 review written)

Just come back from ibiza.. on arrival the place is easy to find but lack of staff and the time they took to sort customers had us hanging around for just short of 2 hours.. The car its self was ok . They tried to tell us it had no marks on it so we had to show them to scratches and take photos before we could take the car. They may be cheap but next time I'll pay more for a better quicker service… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,

Please let us explain that we make daily arrival plannings but, unfortunately, there are mishaps out of our control, such as a delay of a flight for example.
Also we offer a personalised customer service, and for that reason some customers need more attention time than others.

Nevertheless, we're happy to tell you we're working hard to open new branch offices to reduce waiting time of our customers and inconvenience due to it.

We hope the rest of your experience met expectations.

Victoria R. Goldcar representative

“GOLDCAR never again ! ”

Written on: 10/07/2017 by margueritevaudel (2 reviews written)

I used GOLDCAR for the first time in Valencia (Spain) and I was very desappointed. On the site of VUELING, the spanish low cost company, they were not the best rated, but they seemed correct. In fact, their offer is mere robbery : bait and switch selling, rack charges on fuel and almost compulsory insurance if you don't want to pay extra charges for car injuries you didn't do. On top of that, the staff does't speak any foreign langage, they don't save acuratly your check-out or check-in and you… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comment.
We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please let us explain that initial prices on our website are for basic rentals. Then, our customers are free to add as many services as they need, with the consequent increase of the price. But it any case the decision of adding an extra depends only on them.
Also I would like to tell you our prices and conditions are clearly detailed during the booking process as well as in Terms in Conditions our clients accept.

Regarding the issue of how damages are charged, please note that in order to pick up a car it is compulsory to block a deposit on a valid credit

Our colleagues are selected for their language skills and we are surprised that on this occasion we fell short of our normal high standards. At busy times, it can be a strain to switch between languages and this perhaps explains the miscommunication or misunderstanding you experienced, though we appreciate it is still frustrating.
We invest continuously in staff training. Your comments will be taken into account as part of our commitment to ongoing improvement.

Goldcar Representative.

“Goldcar have infiltrated France!”

Written on: 09/07/2017 by oqJohnson368 (1 review written)

Sadly we have walked straight in to their trap, the insurance, the fuel, the mileage.... we were played. I feel stupid really, they got me in Spain, taking money out of my account weeks later and beggar me, they are now in France. Just when you thought it was safe.... I am dreading the outcome of this hire… Read Full Review

Dear customer,
Thanks for your comment.
We would like to know more about your experience with us. Your review is very important in order to improve some aspects of our services.

Goldcar Representative.

“Avoid Goldcar at all costs!”

Written on: 08/07/2017

Do not use Goldcar. I recently booked with Goldcar through Ryanair, paying up front.I was duped into paying for extra insurance at a cost of £200 which I did not ask for,or have any knowledge of. The smallprint states the customer will be offered a choice of insurance or credit card block. I was not offered either option, instead they simply added it to my contract and charged me for it. They also obtained my signature, to use on a contract I wasn't even shown, by making me believe I was… Read Full Review

Thanks for your comment.
On the issue you described, please let us explain that our customers are free to add as many services as they need, with the consequent increase of the price. But it any case the decision of adding an extra depends only on them. Also we would like to tell you our prices and conditions are clearly detailed during the booking process as well as in Terms in Conditions our clients accept.

Our clients have two options of coverage. Both appear clearly detailed during the booking process, in FAQ section of our website and in our Terms and Conditions.

On the other hand you have Super Relax coverage, with which you don't have to worry about anything because all incidents may happen are covered.

We hope this information was useful.
Victoria R.

“Do not rent a car in Goldcar ”

Written on: 07/07/2017 by Behar (1 review written)

Goldcar I will never rent a car I rent a car in Spain I have a babe 4 months old I rent kinder chair the kinder chair war in very bad dirty bad state expired I couldn't believe they rent that they play with our children life I have make foto of the chair I had to rent a hotel for that why I couldn't drive with mine child like that I again go to goldcar I get another one and that's all sorry that happens said I complain but nothing I always rent a car in Goldcar but never I rent car there and I… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please kindly let us explain we're very surprised upon this incident. Our staff is trained to offer an efficient, personalized, satisfactory and polite customer's attention. Furthermore, we have one of the youngest and most extensive fleets in Europe with over 50,000 vehicles which, on average, are less than one year old.

Goldcar Representative.

“Disgraceful company they should be ashamed of themselves”

Written on: 05/07/2017

On the evening of the 28th June I picked up a Seat Leon car from Malaga airport at approx. 9.45pm.I was hiring the car for 24hrs and returning it to Murcia (San Javier airport). I was told at the desk in arrivals that the keys were up in level 1 where the car was parked. The total rental included 150 euro to take the car back to a different location but it was a one off and was happy with the total price.I knew that I had to leave a 1400 euro deposit even though I had taken out a platinum… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please let us explain our clients have two options of coverage. First of all, you can choose a basic rental. With this rate it is needed to leave a deposit that remains blocked in your credit card until the day you return the car. If, unfortunately, the car has any damage, amount of repair costs will be deducted from the excess fee initially blocked.

“Rip Off Merchants”

Written on: 05/07/2017 by RitaCarr (1 review written)

Never mind hiring a car, Goldcar personnel would seem to be trained in the art of taking people for a ride!… Read Full Review

Goldcar Representative.

“ If you plan on returning the car with a full tank do...”

Written on: 04/07/2017 by AlfonsoSerrano (1 review written)

If you plan on returning the car with a full tank do not pick the smart rate. They kept some of my pre-approved money for the fuel even if I returned the car with a full tank. Upon collection, I explicitly asked if I'd get all of my pre-approved money back if I returned the car full and I was assured about it. But cheap services come with cheap tricks, I should have known better… Read Full Review

Dear Alfonso,

Thank you for your review about your most recent rental experience with us. Your opinion is very important for us.

Regarding the issue you described, please kindly let us explain how our Flex-Fuel policy works. You don't pay anything for the fuel but you must leave a deposit for it at the beginning of the rental. Then, upon return of the vehicle, we deduct the quantity of fuel you used of it and release the difference back. In your case, as you returned the vehicle with full fuel tank, we refunded you the total amount you left as fuel deposit.
On the other hand, this rate also has a fuel handling and administration fee due to its features. This information is specified on our general T&Cs in section 7.a) - also detailed on your contract as well as on our website. The cost of this fee would vary depending on several factors such as the type of car rented and the type of fuel that it consumes (although you can check the price relation in our website).

The advantages this rate has are that you collect the vehicle with full fuel tank and can return it as it suits you. You will be charged the fuel you used and we will refund the remaining amount left as fuel deposit; although, as explained, this rate has a fuel handling and administration fee.

On the other hand, we also offer our Full-Full fuel rate. Which works this way: you collect your vehicle with full fuel tank and must return it the same way. This rate does not have any other fees. However, if you fail to return the vehicle with full fuel tank, a penalty fee of 50,00€ will be charged due to breach of contract, and the remaining amount, in litres, needed to refill the vehicle's tank will also be charged.

We hope this clarified matters. However, if you require further assistance, please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

“Given damaged car ”

Written on: 02/07/2017 by Scan1 (1 review written)

Hired vehicle in Spain car badly damaged Guys in car park not interested in helping we were made to go all the way back to airport inform staff! Were they thinking we would. Not notice? Terrible never again expensive no customer service skills… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review about your recent car rental with us. We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

We’re very surprised with your comment. Our staff is trained to offer an efficient, personalized, satisfactory and polite customer's attention. Furthermore, we have one of the youngest and most extensive fleets in Europe with over 50,000 vehicles which, on average, are less than one year old.

Watty164's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2017

I wonder who this is ??????

“Deposit not refund after a month!”

Written on: 28/06/2017 by joeyjoeyjoey23 (1 review written)

I have been waiting for one month exactly and I still cannot get my deposit back. Of course I returned the car with no issue according to the staff that receive the car. And this is in unacceptable, and I need those deposit back! Please find somebody to follow my case… Read Full Review

Dear Joey,
Thank you for your comment regarding your car rental experience with us.

Regarding the issue you described, please note in order to collect the car you have to either leave an excess deposit or to purchase our additional Super Relax cover. This option is offered by our agents at the counter and then the customers can choose the option they prefer (excess deposit or Super Relax cover) at the start of the contract.

As stated in our T&C in section 14.3.: "The deposit is returned at the end of the rental period after the vehicle has been inspected and compliance with the Agreement’s general and specific terms and conditions has been verified. For that purpose, the deposit may be retained for up to 30 days after the vehicle has been returned."