GoldCar Rental Reviews - www.goldcar.es

Media Gallery for GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Stay clear please!!”

Written on: 23/07/2016

Car hire initially appeared good. Easy, laid back collection with nice little car. Drop off speed straightforward, with us leaving the car at the airport with a key-drop. Pretty good value. On arriving home, I realised that over Euro 160 extra had been taken from my credit card. There was no explanation via phone-call or email. On questioning this we were told that there was damage to the car and that the charge was for that. We had no way of proving that we did not cause this damage as the… Read Full Review

“Rip off”

Written on: 22/07/2016 by AlecCurran447 (1 review written)

The price you see on the website is not what you pay .Pressure selling into purchasing additional insurances .unable to check for damage on collection as in a dark car park . Worst ever … Read Full Review

“not worth the troubles !!!”

Written on: 21/07/2016 by goldcarmaltascam (1 review written)

their representative at the checkout lied two times directly in our face as he said we would get our money back and we have "just to sign the forms" - therefore and due to our departure flight we were pressed to sign the paperwork. So they tricked us for more than 1200 Euros for a small dent near the undersite of the car we didn't even notice at first! Also at the arrival we had to wait for more than 40 minutes before their counter until we could just begin with the paperwork, and that… Read Full Review

“I recently hired a car from goldcar through Auto...”

Written on: 21/07/2016 by Jedmundo (1 review written)

I recently hired a car from goldcar through Auto Europe, and purchased Auto Europe's Super Cover which covers any excess paid on damage claims including windscreens, tyres etc. When I arrived at the airport the customer service representative told me that they were putting a 58 Euro charge onto my CC in case I returned the car without a full tank of gas (I had full to full option) which is fine but they were also going to charge me for insurance which equated to £72, the same amount as my car… Read Full Review

“ripped off by goldcar. Avoid at all costs. DO NOT USE”

Written on: 20/07/2016 by paulinhemel (1 review written)

Went to collect car from Pisa Airport.First off the car rental desk is not in the terminal. Paperwork said it was. Then queued for 40min to get the transfer to the car hire terminal. Then another long wait and all people in front complaining about extra costs. Thought I'd be OK as i had all the paperwork for my booking and my yearly hire car excess insurance.When i got to the desk I was told that the price was higher than my paperwork (when they found my booking)and then charged €91 for… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2016

Dear customer,

Thanks for your comment. We're trying to improve our services and the opinion of customers is essential to do so.

After reading your comment, I understand that you booked a third party's coverage.
Therefore, I'd like to explain you how our coverage policy works. We always make the customer choose from two different options: you can purchase our additional coverage or you can leave a deposit in which you'll be liable of any damage made to the car, as our agent explained you at the counter.

We are aware that third parties offer customers their own coverage, as in your case, but it should be explained that this coverage is only applied when a charge is debited from the deposit left by the customer to the rent-a-car company, this is how the third party's coverage policy works. This information must be given by your broker.

That’s why our agent told you that we would charge you any damage made to the car if anything happens and we're not aware of the conditions of the third party's coverage refund.

We always recommend our additional coverage to customers for their peace of mind because thanks to it, they will be fully protected in case of an accident and we won't be liable if any damage is made to the car.

About our staff, we're really surprised. Our employees are trained to offer an efficient, polite and personalized attention. Nevertheless, we have noted your experience at Pisa Airport's office and we can ensure you we'll try to improve on that aspect.

If you have any other query (for example about fuel refunded) please contact our Customer Service.

Goldcar Representative.

“Paying for a service I didn't get”

Written on: 20/07/2016 by rantingrobert (0 reviews written)

Hired a car via travel co. in UK for our trip to Sicily. Hire Co was Gold Car at Catania airport. I had forgotten to take a credit card in my name, and they wouldn't accept my wife's card. Fair enough, my fault, it was in conditions. On returning home, I tried to get hire costs back but was refused by Gold Car. What a joke! I have paid for a hire I did not get! I would have expected and been happy to have paid an administration fee, but not to be screwed by this company for a hire I did not… Read Full Review

“Worst ever”

Written on: 19/07/2016 by ztonyj (1 review written)

The morning I arrived to collect my car there was a queue and nobody got to the front of that queue in under two hours. I noticed it was the same a week later on my return. They charged me an airport tax which was not mentioned on the confirmed booking and they charged my credit card in sterling using a usury interest rate. I have 1 star because you can't give none. … Read Full Review

Dear customer,

On the issue you described, please let me explain we make daily arrival plannings but, unfortunately, there are mishaps out of our control, such a delay of a flight for example.
Also we offer a personalized customer service, and for that reason some customers need more attention time than others.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to tell you we're working hard to open new branch offices to reduce waiting time of our customers and inconvenience due to it.

Anyway I would like to explain you we have a Priority Check-in service you can add during the booking process. With this service you don't need to worry about queues, because there is an exclusive desk for it.

About airport tax, I would like to tell you it is a mandatory tax and we don't have anything to do on it.

If you have any query, please contact our Customer Service and we'll try to help you.

Kindest regards.

“Stay away stay away”

Written on: 19/07/2016 by stoylenn (1 review written)

Rented car Olbia airport, said no additional insurance. When we were handing the car, then walked Goldcar his staff right away and tested the door lock. It was destroyed, happens all the time (stupid of you and not take the extra insurance says Goldcar employee). Must argue with Goldcar to be allowed to try the lock itself. Tried it and everything is fine with the lock. Goldcar nevertheless continues to assert that there is something wrong with the door lock and that we have to pay 675 Euro… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is quite important for us to improve our services.
On the issue you described, please contact our Customer Service and we'll investigate your case further.

Best regards.

“total rip off”

Written on: 18/07/2016

The car was dirty and full of scratches, when we returned it they did not refund full even though the check in man clearly wrote full OK and then charged my credit card for a scratch and deducted 200 euro DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE CHEAP FOR A REASON!!!!… Read Full Review

Best regards.

“Fuel refund”

Written on: 18/07/2016

Hired car from Faro airport. Unfortunately damaged wheel during hire and was charged 243.90 euros for this. Accepted this - my fault -Goldcar took this immediately from my credit card. However trying to get the unused fuel refund from Goldcar was difficult and is still not resolved. One way traffic with this company. Cannot recommend using again… Read Full Review

Dear Guest,

Please, contact us to review your case or if you prefer it, please give me your contract number and we'll investigate your case further.

Regards.

Goldcar Representative.

“Criminal, disgusting company ”

Written on: 16/07/2016 by Markbryant1 (1 review written)

When I was given the car I checked the car for damage, there was various damage on the car that was not recorded so when I reported it they said it's ok it's not big enough to record. Since returning the car and returning to England I have been charged £400. Your company already has a bad reputation and from my experience you are a nothing more than criminals. You also charged me €102 for fuel, when it only costs €44 to fill up. So that's €58 extra for service charge which is an absolute… Read Full Review

Hi,

Please contact us to review your case or if you prefer, please give me your number contract and we'll investigate your case further.

Goldcar Representative.

“We hired a vehicle from Goldcar at Malta airport 10th...”

Written on: 14/07/2016 by GeoffYoungs (1 review written)

We hired a vehicle from Goldcar at Malta airport 10th until 24th May. Paid with my credit card and Goldcar said they would reserve 1350 euros deposit to cover accidents etc which would be returned to my card upon completion of the rental. Car was returned in the condition it was collected and Goldcar confirmed this with paperwork and we were told the reserved deposit would be released later that day. How can you release a deposit when it has already been taken from my card on the 16th May… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is essential for us to improve our services.

On the issue you described, please send contact our Customer Service and we'll investigate your case further.

Geoffyoungs's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Hi,
Thank you for your reply which I think must be automatically generated as it is so similar to all other replies you post. You must be kept very busy dealing with the huge amount of complaints generated by your companies lack of performance.
Yes it is essential, as you say, for Goldcar to improve their customer service, plus if you did actually read my original review you would see I have already sent emails to Goldcar customer services, as you have asked me to do, but NOBODY HAS HAD THE DECENCY TO REPLY TO ANY OF MY EMAILS WITH THE ORIGINAL SENT THREE WEEKS AGO.
Goldcar have already agreed that they should have returned my deposit weeks ago BUT HAVE AS YET FAILED TO DO SO.
The action of Goldcar in taking the deposit while the vehicle was still on hire breaks the conditions of the contract, I have been advised by my Spanish, plus Goldcar have incurred an extra charge on my credit card of 35 euros for a non sterling transaction fee along with interest charges for the 2 months the deposit has been taken.
Please do not bother to reply if it is only with more trite comments, put the effort into sorting out my problem.
Look forward to a resolution as at present I cannot use my credit card to pay for an upcoming car hire, because Goldcar have stolen the money from my credit card that should have been used for this.
My contact details are already available to Goldcar on the emails I have sent to customer services.
A very pd off Goldcar customer

“Astounded that companies like this exist ”

Written on: 13/07/2016 by woodwarj13 (1 review written)

Its hard to know where to start other than 1 star is incredible generous but the lowest it allows you to put. My experience with Goldcar left me utterly bewildered that a company with such little ethics continues to operate. Firstly on arriving at the airport we had to queue nearly an hour to be seen with a ridiculous lottery like ticket system where people turning up to book seemed to move faster than those who had booked online. I booked through one of their brokers in what I though was… Read Full Review

Hi,

On the issue you described, please let me explain that fuel policy is clearly indicated on our website.

In the first place, you can choose Flex Fuel system, with which you pay for a full fuel tank the day you pick the car up, and when you return it, the amount of unused fuel liters will be immediately reimbursed by Goldcar. This procedure may take up to 31 days depending on the block cards policy of your bank. This rate has management costs due to several advantages attached to the own service, and they are specified on our website.

On the other hand, you also can choose Full Fuel system, with which you pay for full tank, receive the car full of fuel and you have to return the same way, with the full fuel tank. If the fuel tank is not full, the amount of missing fuel liters will be deducted from money you initially paid.

About your driving license, please bear in mind it is specified on our website.

On the issue you described, please let me explain our clients have two options of coverage. Both appear clearly detailed during the booking process, in FAQ section of our website and in Terms and Conditions of the contract you accepted.

First of all, you can choose a basic rental. With this rate it is needed to leave a deposit that remains blocked in your credit card until the day you return the car. If, unfortunately, the car has any damage, amount of repair costs will be deducted from the excess fee initially blocked.

On the other hand you have Super Relax coverage, with which you don't have to worry about anything because all incidents may happen are covered.

We always recommend our clients to take out Super Relax cover for their own safe and tranquility on the road, but they're completely free to decide about it.

About extending your rental time, please note you have all information about how to proceed on our website.

Hope this information has been useful,

Victoria R .

“Potentially crooked!”

Written on: 12/07/2016 by Ellisu18 (1 review written)

Beware Goldcar rental Pisa! They will try a hard-sell to scare you into paying additional insurance charges and fuel charges when you arrive to pick up the car, even when you have "paid in full" in advance. If you refuse (as I did, having already bought separate Excess insurance cover for a fraction of the cost) they become very rude and in our case deliberately sent us to the wrong space number and tried to say the car was perfect, whilst warning again that any scratch found on return would… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/07/2016

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. Our intention is to improve all services we offer and the opinion of customers is essential to do so.

About fuel, please let me explain that fuel policy is clearly indicated on our website.

About the charge, please contact us so we could investigate your case further.

Goldcar Representative.

“Cheat , they steal and lie”

Written on: 11/07/2016 by bottlejohn (1 review written)

Rent a car at the airport north Tenerife, I charge 1155 € as a deposit and fuel then I would return integro (so I'm told), the vehicle had slight body damage (rear bumper, rear doors, front doors, mirrors mirrors and front bumper) all indicated on the check-out sheet. Decided to deliver in south Tenerife airport since our flight was the same at 08:00, well, lack of road and about 10-15 kilometers to reach the airport decided to fill the fuel tank, there are only 4.5 € as it was full. I… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Thanks for sharing your opinion, it is quite important for us to improve our services.

On the issue you described, please contact us through our Customer Service (I'm not allowed at this forum by its rules to give you the email address) and we'll investigate your case further.

Goldcar Representative.

“Latest rip off trick from Goldcar”

Written on: 10/07/2016 by Doug555 (1 review written)

We all now know that it is wiser, and cheaper to take out additional, separate, insurance to cover the usual car rental trick off asking for often twice the cost of the actual rental for 'damage excess insurance'. but what about this! Gold car at Malaga told me that if I didn't pay (TWICE THE COST OF THE RENTAL!) for their insurance I would have to cover the entire cost of any mechanical breakdown/recovery!!! Fortunately, the car was new and didn't break down but what sort of car rental… Read Full Review

Hi,

On the issue you descirbed, please let me explain our clients have two options of coverage. Both appear clearly detailed during the booking process, in FAQ section of our website and in Terms and Conditions of the contract you accepted.

Hope this information has bee useful,

Geoffyoungs's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 14/07/2016

Even if you return the car at the end of your rental with no damage you then find Goldcar have already stolen your deposit while you where renting the vehicle. When asking for the return of your deposit they do not bother to reply to telephone calls or emails and just say the hold has been released, how can that happen when they have already STOLEN it. They robbed me of 1350 euros when it was only supposed to be held on my credit card.
Not a company to trust and customer service is an absolute joke.

“ False claim for damage”

Written on: 09/07/2016 by hdHancock1964 (1 review written)

Hired a car from Goldcar, Palma Airport had to wait 1 hour to collect,had the really hard sell for additional insurance which was not necessary as I have hire car insurance. I rent around 4x a year! On returning to the uk my credit card had been charged an extra £145-00 with no explanation. Impossible to fill out their queries form as it did not recognize any of my information, ended up telephoning them and was told the car was returned damaged around the driver`s door handle. On returning the… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your opinion, it is essential for us to improve our services.

On the issue you described, please contact us and we'll investigate your case further.

Yours faithfully.

Written on: 13/07/2016

be very aware Goldcar...you have picked on the wrong person to do your tricks on!!!!....watch this space!!!!

Written on: 12/07/2016

apparently she is a complete waste of space and is as bad as anyone else who works for Goldcar!

Written on: 12/07/2016

Hi....well well well!....i have the same problem...returned an almost new car to Mallorca Airport on 08 June and 20 days later i have been charged 250 euros for "something was wrong with the front door lock"....absolute TOSH!...this is obviously Goldcar's new way of tricking people...watch this space...i have not finished with Goldcar yet!!!!.....you can email me (or anyone can as i have nothing to hide).

“The car I rented was scraped in a car park in Muros. I...”

Written on: 07/07/2016 by JohnParkerRees (1 review written)

The car I rented was scraped in a car park in Muros. I dropped by the Santiago airport office to report it, fearing the worst. To my surprise, the staff at the Goldcar office were incredibly supportive. They helped with photocopies for my insurance claim and even offered a replacement car. Good people in an hour of need! Excellent customer service. I hope the company recognises their work… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We're happy to know your incidence was resolved and also that our staff met your expectations.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon,

Goldcar Representative.

“Collected car from Pisa airport and queued for an...”

Written on: 07/07/2016 by Darron71 (1 review written)

Collected car from Pisa airport and queued for an hour,'despite 4 staff present and only 3 people in front. Italian people were being showed to their cars, we were only advised on the location of the vehicle. Staff member disgruntled when we we didn't agree to take out extra insurance at cost of 170 euros and 60 for additional driver. Instead we had to pay 1100 euros as a deposit. We checked the car ourselves as staff do not accompany you to do this unlike other car hire firms. Upon returning… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/07/2016

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed comment. We're trying to improve our services and the opinion of customers is essential to do so.

About fuel, our prices are clearly stated on our website. Please, chek it.

If you have any query about the car's damage our agent told you at the office, please send us an email and we'll be pleased to investigate your case further.

Kindest regards.

Sandagertina's Response to Darron71's Review

Written on: 11/07/2016

I can only second every other word as my expirience in Verona was identical to this. Same scary scenario if you don't buy insurance and same ability to find a scratch upon return! Never never never goldcar again!!!!

“The worst car hire company!”

Written on: 06/07/2016 by Kaitlyne240 (1 review written)

We have rented cars many times at Alicante Airport and used several of the car hire companies. Goldcar has unfortunately, gone from bad to worse (how low can you go?) We had a contract for a Ford Focus or similar FULL-FULL 3 weeks. When picking up the car at the airport we got a Skoda Fabia. Of course we were not happy as this is a lot smaller car. But the lady at Goldcars desk (very unfriendly and stressed, screaming, shouting and waving her arms at us) told us that this was the only car left!… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/07/2016

Dear customer,

I've already answered your comment at Trustpilot. Please, check it.

KInd regards.