GoldCar Rental Reviews - www.goldcar.es

2129

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Goldcar What a shambles.!!”

Written on: 30/08/2016 by UKfreeatlast (1 review written)

So we book through Ryanair to pick up a hire car from Madrid Airport to book and pay only to be informed after payment had been made that this company operate from a Hotel 15mins away .Our other family members who travelled before us booked through Ryanair before us but had been allocated a car from FireFox from the airport. No worries a shuttle bus was going to be laid on. Lets just say Madrid airport is probably one of the worst airports that I've ever come across for finding locations. So… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/08/2016

Dear customer,

Thanks for your comment. We're trying to improve our services and the opinion of clients is fundamental to do so.

I've already sent you an email. Please, check it.

Goldcar Representative.

“Dear goodness, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!! ”

Written on: 29/08/2016 by JamesBallard443 (1 review written)

What a terrible company... Words cannot describe how bad an idea it is to book with this company. I cannot advise you enough to avoid this company. We turned up in Rome Camino to pick up car. We waited for 3 hours in queue, watching person, after person, after person fight with the girl on the desk. She was unhelpful, pushy and uncooperative. I even saw one family come back in because their car was faulty. I felt VERY uncomfortable about taking a car. I actually cancelled last minute… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/08/2016

Dear customer,

Thanks for your comment. We're trying to improve our services and the opinion of customers is essential to do so.

About what you explain of our agent, we're really surprised. Our staff is trained to offer an efficient, polite and personalized attention. Nevertheless we have noted your opinion about our agent in Rome's office and we'll try to improve on that aspect.

We regret you decided to cancel your reservation because we think everyone has his own experience, and maybe yours could finally be satisfactory.

Goldcar Representative.

“Charged credit card for damage I can prove was not me.”

Written on: 29/08/2016 by AmarisHopkins (1 review written)

Goldcar have charged me 200 Euros for damage to the hire car I rented from Tenerife airport. I have argued that the damage was not caused by me. Office sent me photographs of the damage, I sent them my photograph of the same damage I took BEFORE I drove the car out of the car park...I always photograph ANY damage just in case. Office in Tenerife were not interested and advised to contact Customer Services. I have done this and even though they still claim I did damage the car they will refund… Read Full Review

“On arrival at the desk I gave the guy my pre paid...”

Written on: 28/08/2016 by garydavies2304 (3 reviews written)

On arrival at the desk I gave the guy my pre paid invoice and my credit card for the fuel policy . After login in my drivers licence he said that's 330 euros to which I said what's that for he then stated that there was no insurance cover with this car hire and the fuel pre pay is 130 euros for a fiat punto . I said where does it say no insurance to which he just shrugged his shoulders and said the amount again I stated t says pre pay fuel for a bb car was 47-60 euros he shrugged again .i then… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/08/2016

Dear customer,

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is quite important for us to improve our services.

I've already sent you an email indicating how to proceed to claim.

Goldcar Representative.

“Steer Clear of Goldstar”

Written on: 27/08/2016 by AmiraMcClure162 (1 review written)

Booked and pre-paid for a car with extra insurance with Do You Italy. At the airport after queuing for an age at the GOLDCAR desk was told my British license was not acceptable and was refused a car. The woman at the desk was the rudest we'd ever come across. Went to another car hire firm at the airport and was told Goldcar did this to people regularly as they did not have sufficient cars. It took many weeks of persistent calls, emails, etc. to get my money refunded. I would advise that you DO… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

About the issue you described, let me explain the rules on driving licenses are different in each country, especially in Italy.

US citizens visiting the country and want to drive in it, must obtain before arrival an International Driving License. This license has no value without submitting the country's driver license.

About citizens of the European Union, it's required to submit the country's driver license and an official translation of it in the language of the country where the car is rented.

On the other hand, citizens of other countries around the world, must submit the country's driver license, an official translation of it in the language of the country where the car is rented and finally, an International Driving License.

“Never again”

Written on: 26/08/2016 by Marioc320 (1 review written)

Basically this was a nightmare. We arrived in Mallorca to a desk of four staff all sitting chatting (eating Kit Kats). I went up to the counter and told them I had a reservation - they told me to take a ticket from the machine - despite there being no one else there. I took a ticket and then had to wait another 5 minutes for them to finish eating. Then the insurance, I was told that the car was not insured - I showed the confirmation and they said its no good. I also showed them my excess… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

On the issue you described, we're really surprised. Our agents are trained to offer an efficient, polite and personalized attention. Nevertheless, we have noted your experience at Son Sant Joan Airport and we'll try to improve on that aspect.

After reading your comment, I understand that you booked a third party's coverage.
Therefore, I'd like to explain you how our coverage policy works. We always make the customer choose from two different options: you can purchase our additional coverage or you can leave a deposit in which you'll be liable of any damage made to the car, as our agent explained you at the counter.

We are aware that third parties offer customers their own coverage, as in your case, but it should be explained that this coverage is only applied when a charge is debited from the deposit left by the customer to the rent-a-car company, this is how the third party's coverage policy works. This information must be given by your broker.

That’s why our agent told you that we would charge you any damage made to the car if anything happens and we're not aware of the conditions of the third party's coverage refund.

We always recommend our additional coverage to customers for their peace of mind because thanks to it, they will be fully protected in case of an accident and we won't be liable if any damage is made to the car.

Goldcar Representative.

“THE WORST COMPANY WORLDWIDE”

Written on: 25/08/2016 by Dominique3 (1 review written)

Extra hidden charges that ended up costing double more! And after a month and many, many phonecalls they still have not refund us for the fuel deposit! Please do yourselves a favour and avoid this company, even if your alternative is walking 20km. … Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Thanks for sharing your opinion, it is quite important for us to improve daily.

I sent you an email and I hope it will be helpful.

Goldcar Representative.

“terrible - worst experience ”

Written on: 25/08/2016 by wfLarson421 (1 review written)

hired car from Bari airport - very hard sell on excess insurance and positively rude when refused the additional cover. On return attendant walked straight over to the wheel hub rim where pointed out a finger nail scratch (probably left from last hire) and then refused to enter into any dialogue with me just saying "not my job" - very nice (for them) excess of £104 charged to my credit card on the same day. Avoid!… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Thanks for sharing your opinion, it is quite important for us to improve our services.

I sent you an email with instructions about how to proceed to claim.

Kind regards.

Goldcar Representative.

“All round poor experience”

Written on: 24/08/2016 by disgruntledinspain (1 review written)

Have used numerous discount car hire companies over past 5-10 years. First time with Gold Car. Rental from Madrid airport. Waited 30 mins for pick-up and then a further 20 via 2 other terminals to off-airport site. On return dropped off at nearest terminal to their office and told to get free shuttle transfer provided by airport to our terminal. Car requested not available, so proposed a mini people carrier - which was totally inappropriate for 2 people wanting to drive immediately over… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

On the issue you described, please let me explain we make daily arrival plannings but, unfortunately, there are mishaps out of our control, such a delay of a flight for example.
Also we offer a personalized customer service, and for that reason some customers need more attention time than others.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to tell you we're working hard to open new branch offices to reduce waiting time of our customers and inconvenience due to it.

Anyway I would like to explain you we have a Priority Check-in service you can add during the booking process. With this service you don't need to worry about queues, because there is an exclusive desk for it.

About the car, we're really sorry about inconveniences you suffered at the counter.
We always do all is in our hands to give our clients the exact model of vehicle they have chosen during the booking process, but we can't guarantee it.

Hope to see you soon to become your experience into a satisfactory one.

“Terrible”

Written on: 23/08/2016 by David_Young (1 review written)

hired a car online via Ryanair which supposedly included insurance. arrived in Lanzarote only to be told that unless we paid for £130 for insurance or left an £1100 deposit we could not have the car. we have hired cars all over the world and additional insurance has always been optional, this is the first time any additional insurance has been forced upon us. we reluctantly paid the £130 for insurance for one week but were not provided with a receipt for this payment. we returned the car… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

In summary, we're aware that third parts offer coverage, but they must clarify that these coverages do not release the customer to pay our franchise. If the car had some damage, we deduct the full amount of the blocked money in franchise concept and then the third party is responsible for customer pay the same amount.

Goldcar Representative.

“GoldCar Rental in Faro, via Argus”

Written on: 22/08/2016 by 270Calhoun (1 review written)

On the Argus review they ask, "What didn't you like":- Being bullied in to taking an extortionate Excess Insurance that was almost as expensive as the rental itself. On top of that rip off, the fair fuel policy is a load of rubbish, as - yes - it was take away full tank, bring back full tank - BUT, on top of €140 excess insurance, they also blocked another €101.50 as a bloody guarantor for the tank of petrol (which was a Fiat 500 that could only hold €50 of fuel!!!!). So my "Cheap" car… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

On the issue you described, please let me explain our clients have two options of coverage. Both appear clearly detailed during the booking process, in FAQ section of our website and in Terms and Conditions of the contract you accepted.

First of all, you can choose a basic rental. With this rate it is needed to leave a deposit that remains blocked in your credit card until the day you return the car. If, unfortunately, the car has any damage, amount of repair costs will be deducted from the excess fee initially blocked.

On the other hand you have Super Relax coverage, with which you don't have to worry about anything because all incidents may happen are covered.

We always recommend our clients to take out Super Relax cover for their own safe and tranquility on the road, but they're completely free to decide about it.

About fuel, I would like to tell you that fuel policy is clearly indicated on our website.

In the first place, you can choose Flex Fuel system, with which you pay for a full fuel tank the day you pick the car up, and when you return it, the amount of unused fuel liters will be immediately reimbursed by Goldcar. This procedure may take up to 31 days depending on the block cards policy of your bank. This rate has management costs due to several advantages attached to the own service, and they are specified on our website.

On the other hand, you also can choose Full Fuel system, with which you pay for full tank, receive the car full of fuel and you have to return the same way, with the full fuel tank. If the fuel tank is not full, the amount of missing fuel liters will be deducted from money you initially paid.

“Expensive experience, Golf.”

Written on: 18/08/2016 by Sunshine1971 (1 review written)

Charged 256.71 EUR in Ireland, then 281 EUR in Alicante for a 5 day rental. Tank was over 1/2 full upon return and I said yes to an insurance deal of 140 EUR I believe. 69EUR returned for gas (maybe). No receipt that makes things transparent..... E-mails are No-Reply and web hopeless to navigate. … Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We have replied to your comment via email. Please check your inbox.

Victoria R. Goldcar representative

“fake damage, insurance selling, ages to get picked up.”

Written on: 16/08/2016 by JBM49 (1 review written)

Waited for about an hour to get picked up at Venice airport. Picked up car in the dark. Tried to trick me with insurance I already had, plus tank of fuel etc. I collected the car in the dark. Woman went round and did a cursory examination- in the dark! I dropped that car off in the daylight. Guy went round WITH A MIRROR holding it against the bodywork and reflecting the sunlight up until he found a scratch the size of a fingernail that you could get rid of with T-cut. I returned home and find… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,

We have replied to your comment via email. Please check your inbox.

“Awful - Avoid”

Written on: 13/08/2016 by ylPatton462 (1 review written)

Make sure you check your car very, very carefully before you take it out. They deliberately do not mark damage on cars on 'check out' when they know the customer has Refund Damage Insurance. They then charge you for any damage on the car. Without doubt the worst car hire company in Europe.. you have been warned - its why they rate 1 out of 5… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,

Please note that all our customers are handed the check out form so they can fill it up themselves. Every damage marked by our customers will be then transferred into our internal system.

“Forced payments”

Written on: 11/08/2016 by review7891 (1 review written)

We rented a car with Goldcar for our holiday to Spain. In advance of arriving, we bought a third party insurance cover which Goldcar accept if you present a valid credit card. Upon arrival we presented our credit card, which needed to be swiped. The lady behind the desk told us that she couldn't swipe it (without trying) and that we had to buy their insurance. We disputed this, showing our valid insurance and confirming that we had a valid card. In response to this, we were advised that… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/08/2016

Dear customer,

We have contacted you via email regarding your comment.

Victoria R. Goldcar representative

“Rip-off specialists - AVOID”

Written on: 10/08/2016 by Harris1950 (1 review written)

High-pressure insurance selling, unreasonable charges up-front, excessive charges when you return the car. Absolutely horrible experience from start to finish, won't ever use them again. My advice is to spend a few extra pounds/euros and use a decent firm with a good reputation - I would stick with the mainstream ones in the terminals. Goldcar left a very nasty taste in my mouth, and needless to say there is no proper complaints mechanism - you are at their mercy once they have your credit… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/08/2016

Dear Customer,

We have answered your comment via email.

Victoria R. Goldcar representative

“Beware hidden costs: Goldcar rental NOT worth the...”

Written on: 09/08/2016 by Alexish163 (1 review written)

Putting to one side the other issues I will mention below, that make Goldcar a less than convenient or transparent car hire agency, here is the Goldcar scheme in a nutshell. At the agency desk you will be offered an insurance package (called "RELAX") that is probably more than three times the cost of comparable excess reduction packages available online. Don't count on using your American Express card for the built-in excess coverage, since Goldcar doesn't take American Express at their desk… Read Full Review

“Be Very Wary - Goldcar, Spain”

Written on: 08/08/2016 by dgratton (2 reviews written)

Goldcar car rental Spain. I returned the car full with petrol, as agreed. I would then get a refund on the petrol deposit I paid. The refund was about 65Euro. I didn't receive it. After about 1 month I contacted them (easier said than done). After several emails without response I received an email to tell me they had made an error and I must send them my bank details so they can make the refund. Although I was dubious about sending my details to, what I believe to be, a company without… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/08/2016

Dear customer,

I've already answered to your comment on Trustpilot. Please, check it.

Kind regards.

Goldcar Representative.

“Screw you at the airport”

Written on: 04/08/2016 by Brooks216 (1 review written)

There are many hidden charges on arrival. Stay away at all cost… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/08/2016

Dear customer,

Thanks for your post. We're trying to improve our services and the opinion of customers is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, please bear in mind transparency is one of the most important pillars of our company and for that reason all prices and conditions are stated on our website so our clients could make a satisfactory reservation and period rental.

If you have any query, I'm at your disposal.

Goldcar Representative.

“Over priced , Hidden charges ”

Written on: 01/08/2016 by paFitch170 (1 review written)

Booked on line and prepaid deposit 263 euros Had lots of added extras to pay. insurance, fuel, drop off destination we booked on line they charged extra. Hidden charges and poor service. felt like we were robbed. … Read Full Review

Written on: 02/08/2016

Dear customer,

Thanks for your comment. Our intention is to improve daily and the opinion of customers is essential to do so.

On the issue you mentioned, please let me explain that initial prices on our website are for basic rentals. Then, our customers are free to add as many services as they need, with the consequent increase of the price. But it any case the decision of adding an extra depends only on them.
Also I would like to tell you our prices and conditions are clearly detailed during the booking process as well as in Terms in Conditions our clients accept.