Awesome Weekends Reviews

111
Awesome Weekends - Ask a question now

“Very poor company ”

Written on: 26/09/2016 by Mucka1980 (1 review written)

Lads and lasses don't let these sort your stag or hen nights out you will only be disappointed, 12 of us booked for my stag night sadly one lad passed away would they give me the deposit back...nope was told it was hard luck, so the 11 of us that went arrived at our b&b for the weekend omg! I thought it was closed down it was that bad, I was put into a room of 7 with damp walls a window that wouldn't close and beds that were occupied with moving lice, the first activity was good I won't lie it… Read Full Review

“Good value but service a bit flaky”

Written on: 31/08/2016 by Esperanzaa65 (1 review written)

In terms of booking activities with awesome weekends, they are good value for money and you have a good choice. We booked our own accoms for the weekend but the activities all went without a hitch. The service level varied depending on who we dealt with and watch out for the crazy admin/card fees £16 and £4 respectively! Don't book the wristbands, we used them once to get entry to Popworld but that was only £3 saved against £5 each for the bands. If you get a text offering a booth… Read Full Review

“Value for money!”

Written on: 12/08/2016 by 27Myers (1 review written)

We booked a stag weekend in Blackpool with Awesome weekends and I have to say it was hassle free. They sent us a secure link so all the lads could pay individually, I've had to collect monies from everyone before and it's painful, so individual payments was a big plus. The hotel was perfect for us, late bar, close to all the nightlife and the owners were friendly and helpful. The nightlife wristbands that were included meant we got some great deals and got in everywhere. On the Saturday we did… Read Full Review

“Disgusting!!!”

Written on: 08/08/2016 by Davegeraghty (1 review written)

Avoid at all cost. I booked a weekend stay for my birthday through awesomeweekends for me and my 2 friends .they had put us into a hotel called the regency charnley rd ,blackpool.the 1st night stay was fine but the 2nd night when i came back our room was broken into.all our belongings and the beds had been tossed all over.i informed the manager what happened straight away in which nothing was done!!!no police called why??myself and my friend has to clean all the mess, and Whilst cleaning i… Read Full Review

Awesomeboss's Response to Davegeraghty's Review

Hi,

We note you were unhappy with some aspects of your hotel booking. Attempts have been made to negotiate a settlement with yourself but these discussions have ended as you requested a 100% refund and the matters raised by yourself do not warrant such a payment. You and your wife have had aggressive conversations with a number of employees at Awesome Weekends and have made several threats which amount to 'putting us out of business'.

It is most naive on your part to threaten a company that has produced revenues of £12.5 million in the past five years, providing weekend bookings to thousands of happy customers and to expect to harm our business with a nasty over-elaborated review.

We are a robust family business with complaint procedures in place to deal with matters such as these which happen from time to time in the service industry.

We were not responsible for breaking into your room or for any soiled bedding you may have come across. The owner of the hotel is very upset that this incident took place and is amenable to refunding part of your stay. He is adamant that none of the bedding in your room was soiled in any manner and will withdraw any offer of a refund until this allegation is retracted.

At no time during your visit to Blackpool did you or members of your party contact our office ( open 8am to 10pm daily-7 days a week) to register a complaint or ask for assistance. We would have been happy to help you of course.

We can do little to help you if the first time we are made aware of any issues was when you had returned home.

We treat complaints seriously, like any tour operator should do, but will not be bullied or concede to aggressive threats by anyone.

Even this morning, you have telephoned my office, demanding £100 compensation and in return you will remove your review. That is not how we do business.

We will not enter into discussion/negotiations with people that set out to damage our business reputation. Our standing in the market place is very high and we have won awards for customer service in recent times.

We care about our customers.

Yours Faithfully

“Fabulous weekend”

Written on: 03/08/2016 by 4by4expert (1 review written)

Just wanted to thank the team who arranged a splendid weekend in Blackpool for my mates 40th birthday. We just about managed to keep it all a secret until the day of departure which made for good banter. All our group were able to pay separately which helped a great deal and saved me having to collect to round collecting money from the group. The hotel was nice and staff pleasant. The 2 activities were great fun esp the Barvarian German beer festival. More than happy to recommend this company… Read Full Review

Awesomeboss's Response to 4by4expert's Review

Dear Reviewer,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your weekend in Blackpool, booked by Awesome Weekends. We are pleased you found all aspects of your trip and the booking procedures user-friendly and enjoyable.

We note you have re-booked for 2017 already and we look forward to maintaining our high levels of service to you and your group.

“Absolute bull!”

Written on: 25/07/2016 by Kim_elliott (1 review written)

Waste of money ... changed our hotel night before going into a dirty pit, toilet don't flush, sick leaked, no hot water what so ever and springs coming through the mattress. Paid extra money for vip booth and didn't get it said sorry we too busy drinks offered is vk even though we was told could choose our own drink. Vip blue wrist bands that came with package what a load of bull never got no cheaper drinks or even in places for free. Don't waste your money girls book your own hotel and night… Read Full Review

Awesomeboss's Response to Kim_elliott's Review

Hi,

Thankyou for your feedback of your stay in Blackpool. Having looked at your group booking and the notes i have our own feedback for you:

1) You paid £63.00 per person for a package which includes overnight hotel stay with full english breakfast/Pre-paid entry to the Adonis Cabaret show and Vip nightlife wristbands. Is that a waste of money?

This same package is sold by a number of competitor companies at least £20 per person more expensive. We are by far the best value company for Blackpool Hen Parties in the whole of the UK.

2) You did not pay any additional fees for a private booth so we are being criticised for something that a) You did not pay for and b) was not part of your weekend itinerary.

3) You were originally booked into another hotel. This hotel contacted us with less than 24 hours prior to your arrival and requested that your group and several others be moved due to a boiler failure. As you were travelling on the 23rd July this proved to be particularly testing for us as there was very little availability anywhere in Blackpool at such short notice.

Fortunately, after many hours spent on the phone, we rescued your booking at the 11th hour and found a hotel that could accept your group. We paid a premium for these rooms but did not pass this on to you. We got little thanks for this but were happy that we were able to go the extra mile and ensure your weekend went ahead.

At no time during your stay in Blackpool did you contact my office and complain about any aspect of your hotel. I have spoken to the hotel owner today who has no recorded complaints about any of the service they offered to you.

The Vip blue wristbands have been existence for many years and if used correctly in the relevant venues are money-saving on entrance fees and drinks. Over 3200 wristbands were purchased and used on 23/07 and we have no-recorded complaints from any other customer or venue.

One of the reasons Hen and Stags use Awesome Weekends is because they find it impossible to book 1 night stays and events. As a long-standing reputable company we are able to offer all difficult dates due to our network of hotels and contacts.

We do not accept our offering to you was poor but instead value for money on a very difficult date.

'Bunch of liars' and 'Absolute bullcrap' is not appropriate to describe Awesome Weekends and we refute your description entirely.

Thousands of customers have used our services over the last 12 years and thousands more will in the future as we are able to meet our clients needs on all difficult dates where hen/stags who try to organise their own weekends often meet with frustration and lack of availability.

We can and often organise 'The Impossible'.

Kim_Elliott's reply to Awesomeboss's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2016

Hi, I am sorry but we all paid £5.00 each for vip booth, he met us at our hotel to get payment. I have proof of this!
Secondly I spoke to a hotel where we was originally meant to stay who clarified they did not have a leak or boiler problems, awesome weekends cancelled the booking, clearly for a cheaper bnb.
We used the pubs and clubs stated with vip bracelet and non of us got any cheaper. And lastly no we did not ring office at 4am in the morning getting into bed or wake the people up running the bed n breakfast why would we at that hour! The show we was sitting right at the back so didn't have good seats for that either so yes awesome weekends is full of it and I will make sure I don't use you again!

Awesomeboss's reply to Kim_Elliott's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2016

Hi,

Having looked at this further it would appear you purchased a Vip Booth from John Jackson Promotions who are not a part of Awesome Weekends Ltd. We can not be held responsible for this transaction. We also have no control over seating at The Adonis Cabaret show so can not be held responsible for this aspect either.

To refer to us as liars goes beyond acceptable feedback and unless this comment is removed immediately, we will commence legal action to restore our good name and reputation. Please accept this reply as a warning that legal action will commence on 22/08/16 unless this review is removed.

Steve Hopkins Director and Head Of Legal Services

Kim_Elliott's reply to Awesomeboss's Comment

Written on: 17/08/2016

Sorry but if he not part of awesome weekends how did he have my private details to contact me? So have you broken the law by giving my private details to 3rd parties? he said he's part of awesome weekends.
Start legal proceedings that's completely fine with me because everything I said is true and I have 11 girls all saying the same!

“Wouldn't of even gave one star!!!!!!”

Written on: 17/07/2016 by Chloegreen92 (1 review written)

The worst people to book with for your hen party! I booked my hen do in Blackpool with them and had nothing but trouble! I had to fix all the problems and sort everything myself. They are supposed to be a business that does a majority of the bookings and arrangements but I did 99% of the whole weekend! The only thing they could do without a problem was take my money! I am disgusted! Hotel was falling to bits! Bedding was filthy and smellt horrendous! Would never book through this again and… Read Full Review

Awesomeboss's Response to Chloegreen92's Review

Hi,

Thankyou for your feedback of your stay with us. We accept that some aspects of your booking could have been delivered in a more professional manner and for that we apologise. Your weekend itinerary was full and expansive. We kept you informed at all times as all aspects of your booking were confirmed and booked. All interactions/phone calls with my company have been recorded and i have found my staff to be courteous and helpful throughout the booking process.

One or two issues were identified well before your travel date and promptly corrected.

In relation to your hotel, we have phone cover all weekend, to act on matters such as this but no contact was made by yourself or any member of your party regarding a lack of cleanliness etc.

The feel of your review is a huge over-elaboration of the matters at hand and we feel we put together a cost-effective hen weekend for yourself and your hen party.

Steve hopkins Director

“Hotel provided was disgusting, ruined our weekend,...”

Written on: 24/06/2016 by MalcolmAnderson264 (1 review written)

Hotel provided was disgusting, ruined our weekend, will not use this service again!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/07/2016

Dear Reviewer,

Please provide a booking reference or details of your allocated hotel in order for us to investigate this complaint. We have no record of your name on any of our tours in the last 12 months.

regards

“loved it”

Written on: 11/05/2016 by 111Nicholson (1 review written)

Hi we all enjoyed time in Liverpool. The venue The Adelphi was fine very central, hotel a bit tired and breakfast very basic but due to its location and the extremely cheap bar at the hotel we really would nt have stayed anywhere else. Bar Revolution was brilliant, the staff were very accommodating and the general atmosphere was relaxed and nice. Obviously we did other activities, hired a limo and this was super, we visited panoramic 34 too. I would recommend Liverpool as a great place to… Read Full Review

“Awesome ”

Written on: 14/03/2016

the person I dealt with from awesome weekends organised my friends hen weekend in Blackpool and it was amazing. Everything we could of asked for. Loads of fun and plenty of alcohol. Accommodation was great and everything planned was within a short walking distance from the hotel. Would definitely book with awesome weekends again. Thanks again… Read Full Review

“Great weekend. Everything that we wanted! ”

Written on: 07/03/2016 by jessg182 (1 review written)

I booked with Awesome Weekends for my friends hen do. We were a very large party at first and the team at awesome weekends, particularly my elected sales rep, were great at managing our booking. As with many hen dos, many of the party members started to drop out over time or said that they would only do certain parts of the weekends. This made things very complicated but the team were not phased by this and accommodated our changes at every stage. The pay plan was ideal for us as we were given… Read Full Review

“Failed to book the party in the accommodation”

Written on: 15/10/2015 by janstarkey67 (1 review written)

I booked a good few months in advance with Awesome Weekends for 13 blokes on my husband's 50th birthday party at the Angelee Hotel in Blackpool which cost £29 per person including breakfast. I wouldn't normally go through a middle man but most of the group hotel bookings in Blackpool go through this company. All was very efficient right up until the boys got there - they hadn't been booked in, and couldn't book them anywhere else as all of their properties were full. I'd even checked 2 days… Read Full Review

Awesomeboss's Response to janstarkey67's Review

Written on: 19/10/2015

Hi,

We appreciate that your husbands visit to Blackpool was not organised to our usual high standards. A breakdown in communication between ourselves and our 3rd party hotel supplier was the cause of this issue for which we have apologised to you on several occasions. The matter was resolved quickly with minimum disturbance to your husbands birthday celebrations. We responded to this situation by performing a refund to you within 24 hours without quibble. The refund was greater in value than you paid us.

On the same weekend over 3000 0f our clients had trouble free weekends and this should be seen as an isolated error for which we again apologise for.

“Brighton Hen Weekend”

Written on: 17/09/2015 by lenni19 (1 review written)

Had a brilliant weekend in Brighton for my friends hen. Awesome weekends made it easy for me to organise but booking the hotel and entertainment for me and everyone could pay for it when they could afford it and I didn't have to chase everyone for money all the time. The hotel was great value for money and in a convenient location, the restaurant that was booked was lovely too and the staff friendly and accomodating. All of the staff at awesome weekends were always pleasant and helpful whenever… Read Full Review

Lenni19's Response to lenni19's Review

Written on: 17/09/2015

supposed to say by booking the hotel and entertanment not but booking

“the hotel saved this review”

Written on: 25/08/2015 by Amanim203 (1 review written)

booked with awesome weeknd from speaking to the manger the impression i got was badly run company and i pictured the office to be a cockroach infested bedsit some where in blackpool not a good impression she spoke to me like she wanted to meet me after school and have a fight a complete bully and needs retraing now the agent on the other hand was very friendly and bent over backwards to help us he was the supervisor he needs promoting to manager and his manger needs demoted to toilet cleaner… Read Full Review

Dear Reviewer,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your weekend in Blackpool. Thanks to bookings such as yours, taken since 2004, Awesome Weekends own and operate modern offices in Blackpool. Some of our competitors may operate out of cockroach infested bedrooms but fortunately we do not.

I interpret your review as a clash of personalities you experienced with one of my staff and a much better experience with a second member of staff. Having spoken to the staff involved it would appear you were verbally abusive to several members of my staff. Fortunately, our sales manager intervened to ensure your booking could go ahead as other members of our team were of the opinion that your booking should have been cancelled due to your rudeness.

A positive outcome was eventually achieved and you went on to have a great weekend stay. As a Business owner, I am pleased with this but would ask you to be slightly more polite when dealing with my staff in the future.

Cavana123's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2015

really impressed you took the time to read and answer the review couple of points I was talking to the sales manager maybe you should give her some pointers on being polite to customers my negative review was based on her and the inpre4ssion I got6 was based on her and from reading reviews im not the only one who has experienced this however I will admit I could have been more polite but getting a phone call the day before my weekend form the manager to say you hadn't paid the bill kind off ruined my good polite mood as I had paid you the full deposit some 3 months before also now having to listen to this hotel manager slate of your company for late payments not informing customers of hotel procedures stared to bore and frustrate me as im going to stay with this grumpy man maybe you should also concentrate on paying your bills on time so that this doesn't happen again and customers not getting phone calls for payments I had t call you to call the hotel and confirm we had made that payment how is this professional but hats off to the man I spoke to like I said he was a credited to your company and if I had spoke to him from start to finish my review would have been different and by reading up on reviews off this company im not the only person who has received that the woman or women there especially the one who says she is the sales manager lets your company down and gives the feeling of a badly run company the hotel and the hotel landlady made this an awesome weekend instead of slating people for giving honest reviews and saying there rude to your staff take a step back put your self in the customers shoes have an understanding of how they must be feeling and what caused this on this occasion it was caused by awful staff that you hire and not paying your hotel bill and hotel manager calling customer direct for payment

Written on: 08/09/2015

A final note from Awesome Weekends. There was no requirement for us to pay your hotel as you were paying the balance on arrival. The deposit you paid to us served as our commission for placing this booking with the hotel on your behalf.

This should clear the matter up for you.

regards

Steve

Cavana123's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2015

Tut that's a lie we only had 120 to pay on arrival you really want me to belive that 2 nights in a hotel with bed and breakfast for 4 people in Blackpool costs 120 pounds that's about 15 pounds per person the depoist we made was lot more than 120 pounds so your the booking agent and make nearly double the amount than the hotel makes for simply just booking the room when we reached the new hotel 1st thing we asked was if you had paid with it being such short notice and was informed by hotel manager you were sending rest or payment to them by bacs and the balance to pay was 120 as the last thing we wanted was to be billed for monies we had allready paid the fact you replied to my comment with such a stupid answer proves that this is badly run and you think your staff do no wrong and customers are fools seen In one of your replies to another customer that had a problem with your female employee you wrote that all your staff have qualifications having an nvq in customer service does not mean your good at customer service and the fact you will not expect any faults in your team shows that you do not own the very basic of customer service training as I'm sure slating customers not taking ownership blaming customers is not in the nvq unless you also give courses in this an you Can train an pass your own staff from that cockroah infested bedsit you run your company from that would explain everything stop comment creeping and spend your energy on trying your staff

“Very disappointed”

Written on: 02/06/2015 by McQueen467 (1 review written)

we booked a two night stay for a hen party, was very disappointed with the stay. When we arrived we were all asked to leave a £20 deposit each to which we were never told about, it was stated to leave a credit or debit card which would of been ok. Two of the rooms had dirty sheets, one bed never even had proper sheets, one of the toilets wouldn't flush, and the dust was un believable. It also stated free parking, that was a joke, we had to park 5-10 min walk away in a side street ( that was… Read Full Review

Bride5629's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2015

Where had you booked?

Dear Reviewer,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your booking with Awesome Weekends. Having researched your reservation with us i have established the following;

1) The security bond of £20 per person was highlighted on your booking itinary for over 3 months. If you had studied or read your confirmation correctly it would have come as no surprise that a bond was payable at your hotel.

2) We have staff on duty from 8am to 10pm 7 days a week to assist customers who encounter issues at their hotels/activity centres. No call was received from any member of your party with regard to the issues raised in this review. If you had called us i'm sure we could have intervened on your behalf to ensure your weekend was a good experience for your group.

3) There is no mention of free parking on any of your booking itinary so we can not be slated for something we did not offer.

We are always sorry when our customers do not have the best of times but these facts ( 1-3 outlined by us) suggest you could have had a better time if you had read your booking itinary correctly or contacted us whilst you were on your weekend.

“Party hotel.....Really”

Written on: 27/05/2015 by AMM53 (1 review written)

I booked the 2 night package including Funny girls the booking process was fine although i was not impressed with the charge for each payment made but thats how it was i spoke to 3 members of staff during the booking process and have to say 1 of them was absoloutley teriffic the other two could do with lessons in customer services.. Funny girls there was nothing "funny" about it at all our hostess was pure arogant however we did have a good night due to knowing how to enjoy Ourselves Our bigest… Read Full Review

Awesomeboss's Response to AMM53's Review

Dear Reviewer,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your weekend stay in Blackpool.

We note your feedback on a number of issues.

With respect to our booking fees, we do offer several ways to pay us which are entirely free of all fees/charges. You elected to pay using credit/debit cards and these payments do attract fees. All of our fees are communicated to you prior to the payment of installments so that you can choose the best method for your party.

All my staff having qualifications in customer service so we refute this claim.

Funny Girls are a 3rd party supplier to Awesome Weekends and we have passed on your remarks to them. Generally, most visitors to Funny Girls have a great time and we receive excellent feedback from our clients on a weekly basis about their visit to this venue.

The hotel you refer to is one of our most requested hotel option by hen parties so we are surprised at your comments. Having spoken to the hotel owners about your stay they insist you had a great stay with them and no defects or issues were raised with them during your occupancy.

We were also available by phone, throughout your weekend, and could have moved your group if the hotel had defects or was not suitable

It sounds as though your weekend was enjoyable despite these issues and we are pleased we played a part in organising this for you.

“Craigs Stag night ”

Written on: 08/05/2015 by Coops71 (1 review written)

From booking upto the lads returning home the service was exceptional. We gave Awesome Weekends the near impossible task of organising a one night stay on a bank holiday weekend for 49 men, they did not let us down and worked really hard to make their stay a good one. I would recommend Awesome Weekends to friends and would use them again in the future if needed Thank you to everyone involved in making Craigs stag night a night to remember for all that attended… Read Full Review

Awesomeboss's Response to Coops71's Review

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay in Blackpool. Awesome Weekends are probably the only company who could source a hotel for 49 men on a bank holiday saturday night in Blackpool. This is testament to our skilled sales team and administrators.

Thankyou for your recommendation and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

“absolutely fantastic ”

Written on: 07/05/2015 by SkylaMcLain164 (1 review written)

Booked a hen party to blackpool and had a great weekend! Stayed for 2 nights and awesome weekends were great with giving us such a filled great time! Will definitely use them again!… Read Full Review

Dear Reviewer,

Thankyou so much for this positive review of our services. We are Blackpools No1 company for stag and hen weekends! Please spread the word!

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

“Stress free”

Written on: 05/05/2015 by bjhudo23 (2 reviews written)

I booked my stag do around last August with Leanne and Awesomeweekends. I found them pleasant and always available to take my call, Leanne helped me gain a booth in the new popworld and things like payments were done swiftly through an online portal. The only reason why they lose a star, is that there seems to be some small print which they fail to tell you if someone in your party drops out. I was always under the impression this person would lose their deposit if they dropped out, but then… Read Full Review

“Blackpool hen party :) ”

Written on: 26/04/2015 by jessicaf88 (1 review written)

We booked an awesome weekend hen party and it was brilliant. We booked a one night stay in a Blackpool hotel and restaurant deal for 6 girls and I'm so glad I did! It made my hen party so much more organised and fun. Our hotel was in a convenient location for all the bars and clubs, provided a bed for the night and a decent sized breakfast in the morning. Not the best hotel in Blackpool, but for the price we paid and the fact we were a hen party, was better than I expected. One fault I would… Read Full Review