London, Bloomsbury, Woburn Place, UNITE Reviews

• Cleanliness

London, Bloomsbury, Woburn Place, UNITE - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for London, Bloomsbury, Woburn Place, UNITE

London, Bloomsbury, Woburn Place, UNITE

“Great Location! HORRIBLE BUILDING!”

Written on: 17/09/2013 by greatgatsby2 (1 review written)

The location in central london is great and thats about it. I lived in Woburn Place for 1 year and this is my experience... The rooms are small and stinky for the extreme high rents that you pay. There are rats that run inside the walls and around the building. The place is dirty and uncomfortable. On one occassion we had no warm water for over 1 week and for two days I couldnt even flush my toilet?! I was offered no compensation for having to shower in a hotel because seemingly I paid a… Read Full Review

“Pretty good”

Written on: 27/06/2013

Has lived in woburn place for a year and im very satisfied what I'm paying for. Great location, friendly and helpful staff and clean. The studio classic isn't as small as I thought… Read Full Review

“Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.”

Written on: 08/10/2012

UNITE is horrible for the price you pay. The rooms aren't clean, the beds are cheap and uncomfortable, my heater barely works, and the plumbing system seems to be ancient from the amount of noise it makes. Outside of your room, you have staff that don't care about their job, and don't take you seriously. A security guard who always "mysteriously" disappears, an extremely dirty common room, and vending machines that don't work. There's 1-2 washing machines and dryers on every other floor, which… Read Full Review

“Cleaners do not clean properly”

Written on: 08/09/2012

I stayed in room 22 on the ground floor and feel I must review the poor standard of cleanliness, lack of customer respect, and I could not communicate with the cleaners as they all seemed to be speaking spanish. They were in my room for five minutes and I am very sure that my sheets were not changed. Hairs left in the shower tray, smears on the mirror, dust on the shelves etc... food stains on the floor next to the cooker. Poor value for money. DO NOT STAY HERE… Read Full Review

Student213's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2012

Do not stay here the rooms are dirty and the staff do not understand English. They talk to each other in spanish why you are in the room. sheets are not changed. I watch them go in and out the rooms so fast they couldnt have cleaned them like they should. Do not pay money for rubbish and this is

“NO woburn place”

Written on: 10/06/2012

Right now i am living at woburn place and the staff is really friendly. CONS: there is a rat living in the lounge and they don't seem to care about it. My toilet stinks every morning and night, and again they just can't fix this issue. They set me with a sex addict flatmate and if I want to change my room i have to pay. Expensive Not ever again. I am disappointed. … Read Full Review

“Extreme nightmare!!”

Written on: 09/12/2011 by PPT36 (1 review written)

Pros: nice surrounding, near Brunswick centre, near Russell Square tube. Cons: the whole UNITE building is nightmare! Really dirty carpet!! Annoying fire alarm on every Wednesday, terribly rude staff!!! Saw them facebooking all the time!! They don't take any request from students seriously. The auto light turned on in the bedroom during an outage at night!!! Just could not get myself to sleep properly!! Breathless in summer because there is no ventilation. The price is ridiculously expensive… Read Full Review

“never again”

Written on: 21/09/2011

pros: new building, nicely furnished, good location cons: ridiculously expensive (you pay 1000 times more of what you get), rooms facing Woburn Place street are boiling hot in summer, corridors and common areas are not as clean as you would expect, staff are totally incompetent either because they do not know what they are doing or simply because they cannot be bothered… Read Full Review

“unite is just a very horrible company, the charge you...”

Written on: 23/12/2010

unite is just a very horrible company, the charge you for unreasonable things and threaten you with court action all the time. i wonder the nomber of people they wanna take to court. won't recommend to anyone… Read Full Review

Clapunk28's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2011

same experience this is my review! we do want to take them to court
This is a review for the == [UNITE STUDENT] ==, student halls. The one I am going to talk about is == Woodland court == near caledonian road station , London.

== '''My experience in the Unite halls was awful,''' ==
I have to admit I met great people and some of the people I lived with were excellent, but in terms of the service and everything that is advertise on the website, it was the most ridiculous , waste of time and money consuming thing I have ever done. I want to also make clear that this opinion is not just mine but most of the student in the building.
To start with we pay £200 p/w which come £800 a month, which is already overprice.

== Construction next door ==
two months or less into the contract we started noticing that just next door (literally outside my window) a construction company called "Ardmore" started demolishing the buildings next to us, in some places the building almost share the same wall. It is a big site and it goes around 60 to 70% of the halls.
It produces unbelievable amounts of dust , noise and in some occasions it shake the building the beds and even in the showers it can be felt.
To prove that I am not exaggerating any of these I have posted 3 videos on youtube (woodland court - united student ) showing what it is like.
We were never told that there was going to be that next door and we sign a 53 week contract with the company because there was no choice of any shorter contracts ( I am aware that in some other buildings there is ).
We never received an explanation or even an apology. Then we tried to contact the main office about the situation. first we called and they said that we could not complain about it on the phone we had to do it by email , they gave us the email. I have too add that on the website it does not provided any email addresses , in fact when you go to the complain section it says " we hope you never anything to complain about BUT IT DOES NOT PROVIDE THE EMAIL.
When contacted by email , we had a response from the building manager who met with us. He was vague and gave us the (we look for the benefit of our clients speech) which was poor and lacked professionalism.
After the meeting he sent us an email saying "They will be working from 8am-5:30pm Monday-Friday and 8am-1pm Saturday (although they will try to avoid working Saturdays where possible) We will ensure all residents are given advance notice of these times so you can decide whether you can tolerate the noise, or whether you prefer to plan your studies elsewhere for that period of time, e.g. library or a friend’s house."
Basically if we could not stand the noise then we had to leave the building we pay for everyday of the week and saturdays!. After a few emails with really poor excuses of a response , we decided to contact the council , who came and told us that we deserved some compensation for it. She said that noise was more than the legal limit and the hours and were the hours of work. we emailed them and we had not have any response yet.
Ardmore also add when talking to the council that there have met with them previously at least 4 times, and they assumed we were told about the situation.

Additionally in exam time and assignment time, the noise was unbearable, very difficult to work in and uncomfortable.

== Washing machines ==
: the whole building which has a capacity for at least 500 students , has a laundry room of about 10 to 12 washing machines and and 10 to 12 dryers. They are owned by an external company called Circuit , meaning that every time they brake or take your money , you have to call them and tell them what happened. the call takes about 15 minutes and the stuff on the other side of the line is unbelievable rude. In average there is one to two machines broken every week and there is nothing they can do about it. sometimes all the machines are broken at the same time.

== fire alarms ==
are constantly going off in the middle of the night without any explanation this happens at least 3 times a month. sometimes is goes on for an hour long. Because have been so use to the sound we do not go downstairs anymore; in case there was a real fire we will all die because we are so use to it going off. The "security" down stairs has no idea what to do when this happens , and does not know how to switch it of sometimes. What they do, is they call another number so they can tell them what to do in the middle of the night ( the call can take up to 20 minutes to be answered).

“UNITE student accommodation ”

Written on: 15/07/2010

UNITE student accommodation

Pros: Nice furniture, 3/4 bed, independent living.

Cons: Customer Services are very rude to students and are most of the time in a very bad mood and useless on responding to queries. the door locking system is by swipe card, and if you get locked out of your room, you get charged £20 to have the security guy to open it. They try their best to charge a very unreasonable amount for certain services. It is rare for a security guard to be on site, so in case of any… Read Full Review

“UNITE is a HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!! The only good thing...”

Written on: 09/01/2010

UNITE is a HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!! The only good thing about Woburn Place is the location. And yes- the building is new, but new means nothing if the staff is rubbish, which it is, and nothing works consistently. Heat, internet, water, television, all of things that we pay for- why do we have to keep having these things fixed over and over again? Also, the fire alarm sounds in the middle of the night all the time! This place is a waste. Parents, don't pay for your sons or daughters to live… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2011

we have the same experince. This is a horrible place to live in.

“I think it is only fair that anyone interested in...”

Written on: 14/05/2009

I think it is only fair that anyone interested in living at this Woburn Place, UNITE building be informed of the following:

1. the floor plans of units are not those you see on the website - actually they are really quite different, so be prepared not to see what you may have seen on the website when you arrive

2. you can purchase an 'essentials box' for almost 200 gbp when you arrive - because unlike the pictures- these units are not furnished with such items at all. what you are to do with them… Read Full Review