Husqvarna 440e Reviews

Husqvarna 440e - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Husqvarna 440e

“best logging saw ”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by 279Fagan (1 review written)

best saw i have ever bought i use it for medium to large fell and it has a 16 inch bar and it is fantastic as a profesional logger without it i would not be able to earn money… Read Full Review

Husqvarna 440e

“Worst bit of kit I've ever had”

Written on: 20/11/2013 by cjfisher (1 review written)

The saw has always been very difficult to start despite it being advertised as easy start. After about 15 hours use the piston rings siezed in the piston, the dealer told me it was my fault for not using Husqvarna oil in the mix. The 2 stroke oil I'd been using met the specifications in the operators manual but this didn't cut ice with the local dealer. Husqvarna UK did not respond to my communication. The dealer fixed the machine for a cost around 2/3 of the price of a new machine. Since then… Read Full Review

Husqvarna 440e

“I bought this saw with the 15" bar to do light felling...”

Written on: 04/04/2011

I bought this saw with the 15" bar to do light felling and mainly firewood cutting as I had the oportunity to remove a couple of windblown ash trees and a large beech which was already pretty dry.

I have only used a chainsaw a couple of time prior to this, they have been hired Stihl models. My memories of these were that they were heavy and hard to start, and drank fuel.

OK, so having taken delivery of my new 440e I tried it in the back yard on a large log and had my first problem, the… Read Full Review

Husqvarna 440e

“I bought the Husqvarna 440E brand new from a local...”

Written on: 11/05/2010

I bought the Husqvarna 440E brand new from a local garden machinery centre as a friend who owns a paddock had a couple of trees down and had offered them to me free if I cleared them. One is a large oak, the other a large beech. I calculated that there was enough wood there to power my 3 wood burning stoves for a year and that this would pay for the saw and protective gear.

The saw is light, powerful and a cinch to use - needing no tools to adjust the chain as it has an easy wheel operated… Read Full Review

Husqvarna 440e

“This model is a 41C.C. chainsaw from Husqvarna's...”

Written on: 13/05/2009 by MartinJP (20 reviews written)

This model is a 41C.C. chainsaw from Husqvarna's "landowner" (mid) range it comes with the option of a 15" or 18", 18" being the recommended maximum with a 13" option as an after-purchase . The original type of chain is a 325 pitch "pixel" narrow (1.3MM), cut low-profile chain, the saw will also accept the 325/1.5MM bar/chain.
Being an "e" model it has among other features a fuel pump primer and tool-free chain tensioning. I have been using this saw for some 5 months now and taken as a… Read Full Review

Anthonyw's Response to MartinJP's Review

Written on: 28/02/2010

I found this review very helpful because...i no nothing about chainsaws and in the process of buy a good qaulity chainsaw now i no what to get thanks