Drac In A Box Reviews - www.dracinabox.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Avoid!”

Written on: 22/09/2012

I placed a £250 order with this company a long time ago (I hear it has new owners now). It took TWO YEARS and legal action to get a refund. They fobbed me off with polite emails until the deadline to reverse the transation with the bank had passed, then they stopped emailing altogether. If they genuinely are under new ownership, I think the new owners are going to have a hard time undoing the damage the last owners did to this company… Read Full Review

Nicole13's Comment

Hi
This is the new owners of Drac-in-a-Box.

I am so sorry about how badly the previous owners screwed you over.
I assure you that we are 100% honest (to the point that we are happy to make a loss if the customer is not pleased with their purchase) and would never do anything like this to our customers.

Our deliveries are always on time and so far we have only received positive feedback from our customers.

And yes, you are right, we are having a very hard time trying to undo the damage caused by the previous owners.

We wish to have you again as our customer so you can appreciate the quality of our service as new owners.

Regards,
Nicole and Loris

Carlos31's Comment

Written on: 03/12/2012

Hi My name is Carlos and something similar is happening to me I bought some clothing for my wedding 5 years ago and never recieved them or my money back. I had been writing the owners over and over and they would email me back asking for a bank statement and when i was finally able to get the proof i needed for my $800 american dollors back they changed owners and now im stuck trying to get my money back. I was wondering if you could give me some info on what kind of legal action you took and what you had to do. if you could please email me with the information i would be extremely greatful.

Mj84's Comment

Written on: 22/12/2012

It wasn't so much legal action as the threat of it to be honest. I got in touch with Trading Standards who told me to email the company again and tell them that they were involoved. I emailed Drac in a Box a copy of Trading Standards email, who said the company was legally obliged to deal with this order as it was still inside the 6-year time frame. Drac in a Box refunded me almost immediately.

“Avoid”

Written on: 18/08/2012 by 123Gothylady (1 review written)

New owners but still not very good and dishonest. Have previously bought from them. Their clothes are the usual overpriced, goth stuff which is not made by them, if you google the item, look in ebay shops or even go to camden you can find the items a lot cheaper. British does not mean quality, everything is poorly made using the cheapest fabrics. So do not fall for the speil! I bought by flatmate some jewellery that she was after for her birthday, wish I knew the 'make' beforehand as I could… Read Full Review

Nicole13's Response to 123Gothylady's Review

Hi,
This is the new owner of Drac-in-a-Box.
I am so upset to hear that you are not pleased with how hard we are trying to improve Drac-in-a-Box.
As you can probably guess we have been working incredibly hard to fix the bad reputation brought on by the previous owners.

We are definitely not dishonest and are trying our hardest for the customers.

We do not make jewellery ourselves, all our jewellery comes from other suppliers and is sold at the recommended retail price (if not lower)

We only create a range of our own garments (labelled as Drac-in-a-Box). Other ranges come from other suppliers who we retails for- (like most other shops do)

I am so sorry that you were not pleased with your items.
You should have came straight to us to complain and we would have refunded or replaced then item for you.

We have been working hard to improve the quality of our stock and I suspect the item you bought was stocked by the previous owner and would have been in our clearance sale.
We no longer deal with any suppliers who sell badly made products.
We are re-sourcing all our suppliers.

Please email me at support@dracinabox.com so we can sort out your problem ASAP.

Regards,
Nicole

123Gothylady's Response to 123Gothylady's Review

Written on: 28/09/2012

Thanks for the reply Nicole. Sorry, that you have inherited the bad reputation from previous owners and maybe it would have been better to start a business from new. Thanks for the offer as you can guess, I did not see the point in returning something worth a few quid and having a lot of hassle, as described in other reviews. I think my friend delegated the items to the bin a few weeks ago. Sorry to call you dishonest hopefully you can do away with the cheap pvc and cotton fabrics so that your clothes are really worth what you charge for them.

“May 2011. Stay away from this company unless you dont...”

Written on: 07/05/2011

May 2011. Stay away from this company unless you dont mind ever getting a refund for a returned item! They will send you polite short emails saying they will refun today but they never do. Am in the process of pursuing them for £30 for a bustle skirt that was worth about £5 and returned. Avoid at all costs!… Read Full Review

“I'd been on this website several times and was...”

Written on: 19/12/2010

I'd been on this website several times and was slightly put off by the prices. However after a few years I were finally in a position where I was making enough money to be able to afford items of such prices.

I decided to take the plunge and order a beautiful dress which cost £110, a long skirt, and a pvc basque style top.

I ordered happily, well in advance, I was due to go to an event with a date I wanted to impress in a months time. I waited about a fortnight for these items to be… Read Full Review

“I placed an order with this website in early October. ...”

Written on: 14/11/2010

I placed an order with this website in early October. I received the item two weeks later and we were disappointed with the craftsmanship of the item, so we returned it. I have been waiting now over a month after several pleas to get a refund for the item. I received one email saying they would check into whether the item was returned. That was over two weeks ago. Give me my money back!

I would not recommend this store. Sorry… Read Full Review

“My fianc ordered a very expensive jacket from Drac in...”

Written on: 17/08/2010

My fianc ordered a very expensive jacket from Drac in a Box well over a year ago. After a few months of waiting, he was told that they were having problems with their seamstress, and that they would give him a refund if he wanted. He emailed them back saying he would like a refund, with no reply or money sent. A few months later, he emails again and again with no response until he finally threatens legal action. Suddenly the emails become immediate and the store owner apologises profusely… Read Full Review

“waiting for goods that were ordered in April lots of...”

Written on: 30/06/2010 by web wonderer (1 review written)

waiting for goods that were ordered in April lots of emails
would not recommend

I gave one star on overall rating as the web site would not let me leave it blank!… Read Full Review

Squigglemuffin1's Response to web wonderer's Review

Written on: 17/08/2010

My fianc and I had a similar thing happen to us with that store for an item that was around £300. We emailed and emailed for months with no response, until we threatened legal action. The shop owner emailed us immediately saying he would give us our money back, but never did. We emailed them again saying that we were taking legal action, but unfortunately it seems that unless we want to spend a heap of money, there's nothing we can do.
<br/>
<br/>My fianc suggested that we wrangle together a bunch of their customers who had similar experiences and do some kind of joint lawsuit. Would this be something that you would be interested in? Sadly I think the fact that legal action is so expensive is how Drac in a Box stays in business- they know that people aren't going to be bothered or aren't going to spend on the money on actually doing something about it.