Suzuki DT6 Reviews

Suzuki DT6 - Ask a question now

“2006 Suzuki Long Shaft 6hp”

Written on: 28/07/2011

I purchased a Suzuki Long Shaft (22") 6hp in 2006 but have had nothing but problems which the original dealer where I purchased wasn't willing to look at (even during the warranty period making the warranty useless) and taking it to a second dealer who still couldn't solve the problem. When I contacted Suzuki directly they told me to talk to the dealer then wouldn't respond to my emails and ignored me. The main issue is the engine constantly over-idles when warm so that you can't put it back… Read Full Review

“I'm reviewing a 2001 DT6. This motor weighs a little...”

Written on: 03/05/2009 by AKhunter (1 review written)

I'm reviewing a 2001 DT6. This motor weighs a little over 60lbs. and has amazing torque. I used to run a 5hp merc single cylinder that didnt compare to the torque of this twin cylinder suzuki. On a recent hunting trip the motor used 5 gallons of gas for 62 miles of boating to include hauling a moose on the return trip. You will get 1-2 mph more speed if you run high-octane fuel. The motor pushed my 17ft. Old Town Discovery sport canoe about 18-19 mph top speed. Make sure to have a… Read Full Review