Toyota iQ Hatchback 1.0 3dr Reviews

• Practicality

• Reliability

Toyota iQ Hatchback 1.0 3dr - Ask a question now

“Toyota IQ 1.0”

Written on: 23/07/2011 by bashstreetkid (20 reviews written)

Having purchased after a series of Smart ForTwos, which were very poor quality, I'm happy that the high price of the IQ is justified - the quality is absolutely superb as is Toyota's after-care (unlike Smart). For a 1.0 car, it performs very well on even lengthy motorway journeys and is unrivalled around town. Economy and turning circle are fabulous. The only gripes I have are the lack of a glove compartment (it has an irritating press-stud pouch which you can't access without pulling it off… Read Full Review

“I can't give it 5 stars for performance because on...”

Written on: 23/04/2010 by fred roberts (1 review written)

I can't give it 5 stars for performance because on paper it is not that quick.
I can't give it 5 stars for practicality because it aint that practical.
I can give it 4 stars for reliability it has never let me down.
I can't give it five stars for value for money because it is not cheap.
I would recommend it though because it is a hoot to drive with 55 mpg on a run and 48/49 around town.The best bit is the fantastic turning circle, the worst the radio controls on the steering wheel and the cheap… Read Full Review

“The little Toyota iQ is one of these strange, funny...”

Written on: 30/04/2009

The little Toyota iQ is one of these strange, funny little cube shaped cars that designers are seemingly so in love with at the moment. OK, it looks fun, but it's a tin box with wheels.
One think I'm impressed with though are the contents of this tin box. Toyota have gone a bit mad with safety and security features like airbags, so much so that you might almost look forward to putting this into a brick wall!
Altogether, while Toyota haven't really given us anything different from their usual… Read Full Review

Totallyeddible's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2009

I found this review not helpful because...
<br/>it is inaccurate as the new iQ model is totally new and the statement that 'Toyota haven't really given us anything different..' is false as the iQ has so many ground breaking features like the flat fuel tank and the rear window airbag, etc.
<br/>Also, this reviewer states 'Toyota have gone a bit mad with safety...' I think we can all agree on the fact that as many safety features is a great thing, I do not think anyone can 'go mad' on safety features.
<br/>I drive an iQ and have done since June 2009.