Limelight Occasions Ltd, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire Reviews

“There is no where else I would rather go...”

Written on: 01/11/2016 by Becksybobs (1 review written)

The service here is above and beyond. I had booked in for an appointment here after having been twice before with two of my friends who were brides and ended up buying their dress from here and had high expectations. These expectations were met and exceeded. The dress choice is huge, for all shapes and sizes and at all prices - I have to disagree with the other review on here where it states there is limited choice - sorry! The staff could not be more helpful and are dressed professionally and… Read Full Review

“WE had a really disappointing experience. On arrival...”

Written on: 18/09/2016

WE had a really disappointing experience. On arrival for our appointment Reception was unmanned and we stood waiting for over 5 minutes before someone came. She went to find the Consultant who came in and still had to check the book for the Bride's name and then got it wrong during the consultation. Not very personal experience. The area to try on dresses was public so anyone in the shop can gawp at Brides trying on dresses in the first place. Surely such an experience warrants some privacy. My… Read Full Review

Limelightoccasions's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed you feel your daughter did not enjoy her bridal appointment with us. It is our mission, as a small family business, to provide every bridal party with a personal, friendly service and, had you told us of your concerns during your appointment, we would have done our utmost to address them there and then. Saturdays, in bridal boutiques, are very busy and we did not hear you come in, so we do apologise. Your consultant having helped her bride to find her dress, was just completing her order, so we thank you for your patience. Limelight offers outfits for the entire wedding. On an average Saturday, 20 bridal parties visit Limelight, so it is essential to double check the diary to ensure each client is with the allocated stylist and to remind us of any special requests noted on our system. As all our appointments and refreshments, are free of charge, we regret we cannot offer totally private consultations and we do make this very clear on our website. The majority of brides, choose Limelight expressly for the unique catwalk experience shown via video on our home page and tell us they enjoy sharing their wedding journey with other brides-to-be. However, if a bride feels uncomfortable, she does not need to come out on into the public area. We have designed very spacious changing rooms, with full-length mirrors, especially partitioned to accommodate seated guests. Had our consultant been made aware of your concerns she would have offered you this service. Limelight has collections of over three hundred wedding dresses in all silhouettes and a variety of sizes. It is the consultant’s job to ensure brides have the choice of our full range, and if, on the rare occasion, a bride cannot find anything she likes in our bridal room, we will suggest she views our other collections downstairs. Generally, these dresses are bought ‘off the peg’ however many are available made to order at full price. I believe you were unable to find anything upstairs your daughter liked enough to try on, so the consultant, trying her very best to help, suggested alternatives among our other designs. Collectively our consultants have over twenty years of bridal buying and styling experience, and are specifically trained to honestly and sensitively advise clients on all aspects of buying a wedding dress, including shape and fitting. We embrace the individuality of both our brides and our consultants, whom, we believe, always dress professionally and appropriately for a fashion led environment. Today’s boutiques offer a wide variety of experience to brides ranging from small and intimate to huge factory outlets and the internet. As individuals, brides enjoy different experiences and choose to visit bridal boutiques accordingly. We honestly strive to provide a bridal experience that the majority of brides tell us they are looking for. We are sorry this was not the case for your party and we truly hope you enjoy the rest of your bridal journey.

Limelightoccasions's Comment

Creaney1's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2016

That's the issue you are focusing too much on fashion and not individual needs; not every bride's shape suits the latest fashion. We made it quite clear what she was looking for; a fishtail with a skirt that fell naturally as opposed to a flare (having identified this was the most suitable style previously). All your boutique could offer were flared/wide skirts which we pointed out at the time and your assistant was unable to identify any dresses from your range either upstairs or downstairs. We didn't have a problem with looking at the off the peg knowing we could order it's the fact that there were no dresses in the silhouette we were looking for in over 300 dresses!

“Limelight Occasions were fantastic at helping me chose...”

Written on: 04/08/2014 by Dalet141 (1 review written)

Limelight Occasions were fantastic at helping me chose my perfect dress. The staff were very friendly, not pushy like in some places I went to. The shop is gorgeous.I told them my budget and they bent over backwards to help me. My Mum went with me as I did not want too many opinions about the dress as it might put me off chosing one I loved but my friends didn't. Mum sat in luxury sipping coffe whilst I tried on amazing gowns. We loved it! When I found "the one" it was perfectly altered (I was… Read Full Review

“Wedding Service”

Written on: 21/10/2011 by kalsingh (1 review written)

Limelight Occasions is the best place by far for first class rental of wedding atire, superb friendly and helpful people,Very impressive range and store. Very quick and prompt to a slight error in my order and resolved very quickly and smartly. Definetly the best service and shop i have used. Many thanks for a great service. Kal Singh… Read Full Review

“Limelight Occasions Ltd -Very friendly helpful people,...”

Written on: 08/06/2009

Limelight Occasions Ltd -Very friendly helpful people, Very spacious - even gave us a beer! good range of colours and styles. Was particularly pleased that I could try on, most stores only have one or two items and a catalogue. … Read Full Review