BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill Reviews

• Ease of Cleaning

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“Charcoal and rotisserie is best”

Written on: 04/08/2014 by apgrhodes (1 review written)

I've been been barbecuing for many many years and consider myself fairly experienced. The knowledge gained has taken many many years of using different types of BBQ's from simple charcoal grills through to more advanced charcoal BBQ's and many different sorts of gas machines. Also of course the experience of cooking with different meats with varying fat content takes time and in the early years, burnt food! I have now been using the Barbeskew for a year and this machine has everything. Quite… Read Full Review

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“AT MY AGE 73 THE BEST INVESTMENT IN A BBQ”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by 412Head (1 review written)

I have used various BBQs over the last 30 years and this one beats them all by miles.You can relax and have your drink without worrying about the cooking side. I am now looking for an aid that will help me clean the rotisserie equipment… Read Full Review

Edwray's Comment

Written on: 13/08/2014

Hi there

We recommend a planter (window sill box or trough) available at Homebase for around £8. It has the label Stewart Garden on it and is 80cm or 20 litres big. Simply fill the trough after your BarbeSkew with hot water and fairy liquid and leave the cages to soak for around an hour. After an hour simply use a plastic brush and you will find all the debris falls off within a minute.

So the essence is to let it soak - the fairy liquid does the work for you.

Best Regards

Ed from BarbeSkew

“Ultimate BBQ!”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by JMB68 (1 review written)

Firstly can I say that the assembly instructions are by far the best I have ever encountered! Excellent, clear pictures, concise sensible instructions and little tips to help. Very Very Impressed! Secondly having now used the BBQ in anger three times I am ruined for any other BBQ! The ease of use, quality of construction and the results speak for themselves. My Wife was never that keen on Barbecuing but the food we have cooked on the Barbeskew just comes out so moist and succulent that she is… Read Full Review

“Now we can really BBQ!”

Written on: 10/06/2013 by chris.weaver (1 review written)

Introduced to the makers at the Bath & West Show and purchased the Barbeskew II. Bit disappointed that I couldn't carry one home immediately but they went out of their way to get one delivered within a few days. Built it easily the same evening and BBQ'd the next. Really impressed especially as I could clear up the food preparations and sit down and relax whilst it cooked itself. Really tasty too. BBQing on every possible sunny evening now! Dishwasher proof skewers would be a bonus… Read Full Review

Jjanerowe's Response to chris.weaver's Review

Written on: 16/08/2013

We also bought one at the Bath & West show, and are still waiting for ours. Terrible customer service, really disappointed, hope that when (if) it finally arrives we'll be as pleased as you are.

Edwray's reply to Jjanerowe's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2013

The delays in supply this year were due to the banks not lending to small businesses. We thank everyone for their patience and belief in the actual product and now all back orders are up to date and we are now back in stock. Our customer service has always been second to none and so we hope we are now back to the levels they have always been without BarbeSkew ever having to rely on any banks again.

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“Fantastic Service and a great Product”

Written on: 04/03/2013 by MikeD50 (1 review written)

We were introduced to the Barbeskew on our last holiday and from this I have been coverting one of our own. I contacted ED to discuss the benefits of charcoal against gas and I was so impressed with the attitude and proffesionalism that the deal was completed straight away. As a proffesional sales manager of long standing it was what I would could only describe as one of the most efficent sales I have been involved with. We then spoke to Carey and once agin I was extremely impressed with his… Read Full Review

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“Always admired, always great food and built to last.”

Written on: 26/09/2012 by CarlRose (1 review written)

We managed for several years with a portable gas barbeque that still does sterling service for days out in the car. We decided three summers ago however, that we needed to invest in a 'proper' charcoal barbeque, and went to the Grosvenor Garden Centre near Chester, as although generally a bit expensive, they could be relied upon to have a good choice in stock. The cynic in me thought I might have a poke and prod at the display models and then come away to find a better deal online. A couple of… Read Full Review

“Makes BBQ'ing easy!”

Written on: 07/05/2012 by TimBru (1 review written)

The Barbeskew is one of the best purchases i have made in years. I have been very pleased with it. Cooks all types of food with ease and to a great standard. The quality of materials is overall good and i am sure it will last for a decent period of time. I am particularly impressed with the quality of the motors provided, which are strong enough to rotisserie everything i have thrown at them so far. I had some missing minor parts when it was delivered but the missing parts were on my doorstop… Read Full Review

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“Bought the Barbeskew at Edenbridge & Oxted show on...”

Written on: 05/09/2011 by AllanLeaper (1 review written)

Bought the Barbeskew at Edenbridge & Oxted show on 29th August. It was delivered on the agreed date. Putting the Barbeskew together was fairly simple but a second pair of hands was welcome for a couple of the build stages. Be sure to follow the build guide. The Barbeskew is fairly heavy duty and I see no reason why it will not last for many years. Managed to use the Barbeskew for the first time last Saturday and this product really does do what it says on the tin. The Barbeskew was easy to… Read Full Review

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“Barbeskew cooks to perfection, whilst you enjoy your...”

Written on: 24/08/2011 by Robert.James (1 review written)

* My charcoal Barbeskew is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made! * You can enjoy your parties! The barbeskew takes care of cooking the food perfectly, whilst you socialise with your guests! * It never burns the food, and food is always perfectly cooked through, thanks to the rotation. * It feeds up to 20 without stress or strain on the host. * After 3-years and 40+ barbeques Id recommend it to anyone; its worth any extra spent as it reliably makes every party a success. In more… Read Full Review

Allanleaper's Response to Robert.James's Review

Written on: 05/09/2011

Having just used my new Barbeskew for the first time, I cannot agree more with Richards comments. Although I have bought this late in the BBQ season I hope to get a few more BBQ's in before autumn really sets in and I am already looking forward to next year.

“Fantastic Surprise BBQ”

Written on: 18/08/2011 by AnglesyKev (1 review written)

I saw the Barbeskew on the Tuesday of the Anglesey show 2011. Talked to the designer and was impressed. Purchased it at the show on the Wednesday, delivered Friday afternoon. Took 40 minutes to put together on the Saturday morning and had a surprise BBQ party for my wifes birthday that afternoon.(50 people) Great tasting food, everyone was impressed by the Barbeskew and best of all I was able to spend more time with friends than with the BBQ. Great design, easy to use, and the food was… Read Full Review

“Fantastic”

Written on: 05/08/2011 by jimumightlike (1 review written)

I love it, absolutely fantastic. I bought this at the Bath&West show, met the company director and designer really nice people. Can't praise the Barbieskew enough. Think they should design heat proof handles for the cages and skewers so they can be placed in dishwasher, but this is a minor problem. It's not easy to impress me, but this is really a high quality BBQ. I really think it's worth every penny… Read Full Review

“THE BEST!!”

Written on: 04/08/2011 by helenconnaughton (1 review written)

Thanks to the great British summer we have had our Barbeskew for quite a while before we had the opportunity to use it! It was a bit fiddly to put together, but the two of us managed to assemble it in around an hour. At our first Barbeskew party, we decided to wow our friends by cooking a whole fillet of beef - and WOW them we did! The absolute best thing is that you don't have to stay with the Barbeskew, you can party with friends, it just looks after itself and produces meat cooked to… Read Full Review

“BRILLIANT CHARCOAL BBQ”

Written on: 24/07/2011 by bigacky (1 review written)

1.5 hours to assemble with ease, good easy to follow instructions 1ST attempt, 2.5 hours, six fish kebabs (starters) then spit roast chicken with sauseges. brilliant, easy to use and so friendley unbeleivable, next time will put soaked oak chips on coals to smoke. wow the taste. 2nd time, two thick pieces of belly pork (covered in 5 spice), 2 pork and leek sausages plus two beef burgers. instead of soaked oak chips I tried some oak briquettes I have just bought, place on the edge of the… Read Full Review

“Terrible - avoid”

Written on: 11/07/2011

This review is after living with one for a year. We BBQ at least once a week, winter & summer. Assembly, not too bad. Mine came with missing parts despite apparently being checked before dispatch. Takes a good hour or two to put together properly. Some rust spots on the inside of the barrel itself - apparently this won't affect the integrity though. It cooks chicken, sausages, kebabs and the like pretty well using the rotisserie cages. Overall quality is a poor given the price - cheap… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/07/2011

Cleaning tip - we use a window box for the cage skewers - fill it with hot water and plenty of fairy liquid and leave to soak for an hour - the cage skewers clean within 5 minutes with a normally Sainsbury's plastic brush.

To cook steak properly use the cage skewers - this person thinks you have to sear (burn) the steak to retain the moisture, and then cremate it on the grill, but he is wrong as the steak will retain it's moisture when rotated in the cage skewers. The best ever steak I have had has come from a BarbeSkew done in the cage skewers. They come out moist and succulent with the real steak taste which is enhanced by the bbq smoke.

Jimumightlike's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2011

I'm sorry you've had a bad experiance with the Barbeskew. There is nothing wrong with the wheels, all BBQ wheels seem like they fell off a child's toy pram. It cooks all food perfectly. I have cooked lamb, steak, pork, chicken, sausages and burgers. The Quality of this BBQ is up there with Webber but cooks much better. Where the cages are concerned, the only improvement would be to make them able to be put into the dishwasher,but cleaning them bu hand only takes a few minutes. Best wishes Jim

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“BarbeSkew - nothing new - but like the automation”

Written on: 05/06/2011

Assembles quite easily! (even though it looks daunting when unpacked from the box). We have skewered our bbqs for years and we prefer this method of bbqing. However, it can be done easily on a normal bbq. Also, HomeBase now sell little skewer racks for about a tenner that can be placed on a normal bbq. We still use these on our old bbq when we have a number of guests coming round. Which leads us to the main drawback with this machine (the only other one being value for money). Nine skewers… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/07/2011

Please note - we are not sure you are using your BarbeSkew correctly. The short skewers can take a huge amount of meat - it is ok to skewer the meat really tightly - as it can be left of the BarbeSkew for a long time the meat cooks perfectly whilst self basting at the same time leaving the most tender and tasty kebabs ever.

The problem with bbqing kebabs on a non rotisserie bbq is that all the kebabs stick to the grill and of course the kebabs get burnt, and as they are burnt they are often taken off too early uncooked.

When I have packed all 9 skewers tightly with meat I would estimate there are enough kebabs for 20 people.

Once you've used the BarbeSkew you would never retreat back to using any of the more inferior bbqs on the market.

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“barbequeing made easy !”

Written on: 27/05/2011

This barbeque does exactly what it says on the box! You dont have to constantly turn food over because it does it for you and everything is cooked evenly all round. You must be careful not to cook too many burgers and sausages all at once because the containers that turn can get very heavy ,but on the whole a great buy and the after service was brilliant… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/07/2011

There is no limitation to the amount of sausages and burgers you can cook - the BarbeSkew will turn up to 25kg of food - please contact us with our brilliant after service to ensure your BarbeSkew is tuned to perfection.

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“A Quite Brilliant BBQ! Spit-roast chicken is a...”

Written on: 20/05/2011

A Quite Brilliant BBQ! Spit-roast chicken is a different thing altogether from cooking it in a domestic oven… Read Full Review

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“Really pleased with my charcoal BBQ ( Med ) product,...”

Written on: 04/05/2011

Really pleased with my charcoal BBQ ( Med ) product, service and delivery were second to none! My family all enjoyed a fantastic BBQ on Easter Sunday and no we did not cook the Easter Bunnie!!The food was all cooked to perfection, by my son who was very ipressed with my new toy!
May I make a suggestion which would improve the cleaning of the cages. I found them too large to fit into my sink and obviously with the non detachable wooden handles they will not go into the dishwasher.Cleaning them… Read Full Review

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“Excellent ! no doubt in their service and really like...”

Written on: 23/04/2011 by hirephpdeveloper (1 review written)

Excellent ! no doubt in their service and really like to recommended to friends and my relative perfectly.

BarbeSkew Charcoal BBQ Grill

“Love it. This is the only way to roast a chicken now...”

Written on: 12/04/2011 by nickjervis (1 review written)

Love it. This is the only way to roast a chicken now as it is so amazing, moist and tasty. Home made burgers are excellent, sausages cook perfectly, skewers are great.

I was tempted by the big gas bbq's but nothing beats the flavour of charcoal. With the barbeskew pop in two of the bar be quick coals bag, light them, leave for fifteen minutes then cook away. I cooked a chicken with the lid shut for over 1.5 hours and some burgers after and all on the two bags so it lasts really well.

The… Read Full Review