The UPVC Door Company Reviews - www.upvcdoorcompany.co.uk

• Layout of shop

The UPVC Door Company www.upvcdoorcompany.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The UPVC Door Company www.upvcdoorcompany.co.uk

The UPVC Door Company www.upvcdoorcompany.co.uk

“So I bought a door in 2008 from UPVC door company and...”

Written on: 17/06/2015 by anitacook13 (1 review written)

So I bought a door in 2008 from UPVC door company and had a nightmare getting in it fitted. Also I was promised £50 worth of M&S vouchers which I am still waiting on until this day. But the icing on the cake was last night when the lock broke - might I add its our only door and only lock we have. A friend of mine who is a joiner came to have a look and the only way to secure this temporally was to remove the handle so that is what he done. Being that the UPVC door company closes at 3.30… Read Full Review

“WARNING DO NOT BUY ”

Written on: 02/05/2015 by Barker207 (1 review written)

These people are nothing but liars and rogues even had the manager hang up on me on the phone what way is that to treat your customers steer clear do not buy cant even get a door size right door was damaged glass is up side down draught coming in the door said i would get expensive keys not was given cheap and nasty keys they havent done a thing to help all i get is cheek from them when i phone havent paid them so their now taking me to court. dont go through the stress that ive had with them… Read Full Review

“Service Poor”

Written on: 30/04/2015 by fuClay105 (1 review written)

I order Windows and a door. Got a date to be fitted 4 days before they phoned to cancel. Got a new date, the fitter came out only to find 3 of the windows where to big. Had to get another day for installing. I had had enough of all the mucking about so I phoned them up to cancel the order. ( 5 days before installing date ) Got told I couldn't cancel as windows where made up. When the fitters came out they told me the windows only get made up 3 days before. I spoke to manager to complain through… Read Full Review

“do not buy”

Written on: 04/02/2015 by MikaelaPayne (1 review written)

do not buy , the guarantee is not worth the paper it is typed on , piece of mind that is a laugh. all they want is money money money from you for a call out charge . be warned do not use this upvc company , but it is up to you , I am only giving you an opinion on my experience… Read Full Review

“Poor service.”

Written on: 09/01/2015

I was pretty disappointed by my eventual experience with this company. It started out well and the salesman was very nice (of course they would be). The installation was ok, although they made a mess of the surrounding walls a bit when they took out the original door. Then the installer locked the door and posted the keys through, but he had locked all his gear inside (and left a bit of a mess), so my partner lost a days work traveling back from town to let him in. The worst thing happened a… Read Full Review

Ronnie15071959's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2015

I know what you are talking about , I bought a door from them £510.00 in 2011 and now it will not close without lifting the handle as if to lock it . I thought no probs. I have a 10 year guarantee , but after a call to there head office I was told I would have to pay a call out charge , and if I don`t like it tough.

“poor service”

Written on: 05/01/2015 by stug2015 (1 review written)

After getting a door fitted in 2011 , I found out 2 weeks ago , I could lock my door , but could not remove the key . I thought I had nothing better to do than phone the company up and they would send someone out to fix it as it has a 10yr guarantee . Ohh no , they wanted £59.95 to send someone out . Seemingly somewhere it states after 2yrs you have to cough up this amount . It states on section 2 article 7 - Quote - 7.Door locking mechanisms, including moving parts, are guaranteed against… Read Full Review

“Don't ever, ever use them!”

Written on: 09/11/2014 by Dontuse14 (1 review written)

We got a new UPvC door fitted four years and have had trouble with it ever since it was fitted. It is still to date leaking and faulty. Don't let the ten year guarantee fool you, as if after 2 years anything goes wrong they charge you to come out and look at it. The customer service is shocking and we were dealt with in a bullying and aggressive manner with the phone put down on us... Twice! Managing Director, Jim McGill is allegedly never in to speak to and never answer calls, emails or… Read Full Review

“DON'T USE THEM”

Written on: 30/10/2014 by DarrenBoyd (1 review written)

Not the best quality,but too late now they are fitted.Don't let the 10 year guarantee fool you,if you have had the windows etc fitted for more than 2 years,then they will charge you a call out fee of £59 just to come and look at the fault.....absolutely ridiculous from a bottom end of the market company like this..My advice pay extra and go with a more reputable company....I wish I had… Read Full Review

“Replacing a damaged bit of my door”

Written on: 30/10/2014 by BrynleePiper (1 review written)

Quite happy to fit your doors when they are being bought new but try to get a piece that you have accidentally damaged once they've been fitted and they want to fit a brand new door in its place. Disgusting… Read Full Review

“Very Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 12/08/2014 by ocean311081 (1 review written)

I had a new door fitted and the entire job was a disgrace, the door was not square had finishes missing and the cosmetic finishing was appalling, after much stress and several e-mails / phone calls the company did agree to send someone out to re-assess the work, but had I not been persistent I very much doubt I would have got my problems addressed, I was treating like an idiot when I contacted them and every timescale they agreed to, ie. sending someone back out, re-fitting was not adhered… Read Full Review

Lulugip's Response to ocean311081's Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Wow,thanks for typing up your review. I was going to call them as well to come out and price me for a new door. I wont be now

“guarantee worthless”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by 20Sanchez (1 review written)

Just been on the phone to get my door handle replaced as a part of it broke off and was told that it wasn't covered.When i pointed out that there is a 10 year guarantee on door mechanisms as per their warranty i was told, and i quote " forget what is says on the guarantee... your not getting it replaced" I further tried to explain the circumstance and he hung up the phone. Do not purchase anything from this company… Read Full Review

“Terrible customer service after care”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by Edinburgher (1 review written)

I got my door fitted a couple weeks ago. The door seems to be sticking when trying to close I phoned up for someone to come out. Was told next Monday I said due to us all working could someone call after 2pm anyday except Tuesday in all day was. Told no Monday as don't know when back in Area and didn't think would be there after 2pm I HAD ALLREADY TAKEN A DAY OFF TO GET DOOR FITTED IN FIRST PLACE. I'm raging now as there practally saying loss a days wages for them to come… Read Full Review

“delighted”

Written on: 01/05/2014

New windows and door fitted today, delighted with the workmanship and very helpful and friendly guys who fitted them. No mess left at all and windows and door look amazing. Very happy customer … Read Full Review

Written on: 05/05/2014

delighted with your fabricated lies

“rude rude rude”

Written on: 26/02/2014

I visited the showroom and despite a door being advertised as £370 fitted, was told i would be over £200 more than this. I phoned in to arrange a fitting and was told a specific day that the fitter would visit and despite me being unable to be home that specific day ( i work full time) but offering to take annual leave any other afternoon, she was adament that I was not going to get any other day. she did not care that i could not order a door without the fitter coming another day so i gave… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/05/2014

i also have visited ayr showroom and agree that the young "lady" you are greeted with is unhelpful, lacking completely in customer service skills and has no idea how to speak or behave to potential customers. She sits on the phone, ignoring you when you enter the showroom, staring blankly or facing other direction. when she does decide to finish her personal call, she has nothing to say of any interest other than "take it or leave it"!
i am sure there must be many people who could do her job better, therefore it is a bad reflection on the company when they are happy to lose customers and hide bad reviews about her, by putting in good ones themselves.
i will not be back to be subjected to her attitude problem and i have advised the rest of my family to do likewise.

“DON'T GO NEAR THE UPVC DOOR COMPANY!!!!”

Written on: 21/02/2014

I purchased a door in 2008. Very disappointed with the quality and customer service. Six years on now... TEN YEAR GUARANTEE!!!!! YEAH WITH A £50 CALL OUT CHARGE WHICH ISN'T WRITTEN ANYWHERE OR EXPLAINED ON PURCHASE. The door has needed adjustment on a few occasions which we had to do ourselves due to the £50 call out charge. The door has now bowed and the letter box has rusted slightly. I am furious that they charge £50 for a call out charge! Surely a guarantee is a guarantee!!! They do that… Read Full Review

“Never Use”

Written on: 30/01/2014

Like many other reviewers I have found out the 10 year guarantee might as well have been written on toilet paper. They refuse to honour it despite the PVC splitting in 2 places after 5 years and the door lock and handle breaking. The second rate customer service, inferior products and indecorous, poorly trained staff combine to provide an objectionable experience. There is nothing about this company that would make me want to buy from them again......I recommend if you are considering buying… Read Full Review

“New Door Fitted”

Written on: 09/12/2013

Had a new front door fitted a few weeks ago, while there had been issues with the delivery of the glass panel, I received a phone call to have problem explained and rearrange date. Fitter was good and cleaned up after himself, notices a dent on the inside panel of the door which was only visible when the light was on, phoned the company not an issue told it would be about 10 days to order up the panel, after 9 days received a call to arrange fitting. Job all done and after reading a lot of the… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/12/2013

how twee and nice for you,
to take the time and write explaining in great detail how reasonable, helpful and considerate upvc are. well done!
you certainly earned your wages this week with that lovely review, quiet in the office just now? ha ha

Bongo1950's Comment

Written on: 02/01/2014

You are just an idiot working for some competitor. Wake up and smell the roses mate, this company are cheap and do a better job than yours!!!

Written on: 02/01/2014

Actually, I am not your MATE, i am unfortunately, a customer who was duped by this " reasonable, helpful, company"! not that i am proud of it and paid a lot of money for shoddy work that i got another reputable company to rectify.
i could not resist responding to your fake scenario, because anyone who has had the misfortune to believe the company are reputable, find out that once you pay them , they are exactly the OPPOSITE of your description.
Yes they will find out the true extent of their customer service, when they telephone the Head Office to register a complaint, they will be greeted by idiots who have no idea how to speak to a customer, who are ill mannered, rude and downright nasty characters, who certainly do their best to irritate, ignore and shout you down in a unintelligble tone of voice. if you complain, the management back them up, so they are clearly enjoying it, as they are totally unprofessional themselves, that is why they employ them, to keep the complaints away from them. They do not care how the staff speak to customers.

read ALL the reviews and make your own mind up, proceed at your peril - be prepared for a load of stress and problems, then IF, you are one of the LUCKY ONES, as the above "customer" says he is - you can consider yourself to be in the minority.

“mr 100% RUBBISH upvc door company”

Written on: 28/10/2013 by misled.customer (1 review written)

visited ayr showroom for order, despite getting an ignorant young woman, who had little interest in showing products, with no knowledge of prices and a off-putting attitude. Her advice on prices was useless, and nowhere near the estimated price of job would be. You would think she could at least have got that right, as she stated boldly, that she was the manager of the showroom, which i found hard to believe. The fitting date was cancelled, the fitter was civil and cleaned up, but found out… Read Full Review

“Pleasantly surprised!!”

Written on: 11/10/2013

Ordered front and back doors from the UPVC Door Company in Hillington, then read the reviews on this site. We were therefore a little dubious about this company, and nearly cancelled. However, we have found the company to be extremely helpful in accommodating our requirements, and have today had both doors fitted. Absolutely no complaints, they arrived on time, fitted the doors, took the rubbish away, no mess left and they fitted our cat flap onto the back door. I guess people looking at… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/10/2013

a company has to deserve compliments, as you will read from the previous reviews, this one certainly does not!

if you had paid a lot of money for sub-standard windows and doors, been lied to and had the stress of making numerous telephone calls, and e-mails, only to be verbally threatened and sworn at- maybe you would not be so quick to defend them!!
That is if you are a genuine customer in the first place, not one of their "wide-boy" ned salesmen.

Written on: 25/10/2013

I am a genuine customer and not a 'wide boy' as you have suggested!!

The comment I have made is based on my own experience and that was as stated, I have not 'defended' them but stated the fact that customers are more likely to complain rather than compliment, bearing in mind the size of the company and the small number of reviews speaks for itself, however I can understand your frustration and anger based on your experience.

This is a review forum and as such I have as much right as any other customer to put a review on, and not be questioned on my identity.

Written on: 25/10/2013

I will respond, it almost appears as if you have a vested interest in portraying the company in a good light. You go to great lengths to extoll their virtues, even stating what a bargain the price of 2 doors are fitted, not necessary??
it could almost be part of their weekly" sale" advert. where the so called sale price goes up. Try reading the small print at the bottom, which is conveniently, illegible.

You generalise, by stating that customers" are more likely to complain", in your opinion. This is certainly NOT TRUE, On the contrary, most people, if they experience good service from a company/shop/restaurant, are happy to pass this on. The fact is that the level of goodwill a company gains from word of mouth referrals, is an accurate indicator of standards.
In other words, the bad name they have earned is well deserved, it is down to treating customers like fools and providing shoddy workmanship

Written on: 26/10/2013

As I have already said, my review is based on my experience of this company and I stand by what I have said.

I have no interest in this company other than as a customer.

I said the doors were an 'excellent' price, which in my opinion they were for me. I didn't say they were a bargain, lots of big retailers have so called sale prices, DFS, Oak Furniture Land, to name a few, its a sales tactic and yes when buying any goods there is small print, that's for the customer to read.

I have generalised regarding my comments about customers being more likely to complain than complement, again that is my opinion, you have yours, though I don't think you can state that this is 'certainly not true', that's just your opinion. I'm also not sure that you can claim they have a 'bad' name based on less than 20 'bad' reviews on this forum, though as I've already said I can understand your frustration based on your account of your experience.

I don't intend to respond to any more of your comments, which to be honest are quite aggressive and offensive - you should maybe try getting out a bit more!!!

Written on: 26/10/2013

had to laugh at your last comment, about getting out more?
when you are abviously glued to the computer to avidly read the next review about this company. purely as an "interested, happy, customer" as you do.......
i fail to see why you even bother with the site, if you are so happy, what is it to you? have you become the self-proclaimed publicist for the company? do we have a future Max Clifford wannabee in our midst? Maybe you think if you keep boosting the company they will give you something off your next bill, if you do get one, that is.
Hope you enjoy reading this new article as i know now you will be waiting for the next installment.

the only thing is , with all this "purely impartial" words of wisdom, your original comment has lost any credence it had, which was zero, as far as i am concerned.

Bongo1950's Comment

Written on: 02/01/2014

You are obviously a deranged idiot working for the competition ofr this company!!!

Written on: 02/01/2014

You clearly haven't bothered to read and digest my comments above.

I am quite clear that the comments I made are based only on my experience of the Hillington showroom, as a customer, on a public forum.

I am amazed how rude, abusive and presumptuous comments can be made - you know nothing about me to initiate such views and are as disrespectable as the other person who chose to respond to my comments above.

“Rubbish company with no customer service manners”

Written on: 24/04/2013 by katrina0512 (1 review written)

I called UPVC door company to clarify what time they would be coming out to fit new door to be informed they had no paperwork for me and that I had not ordered a door. The said the would look into the matter and call me back which they did. After several calls from Hillington and Ayr shop they then informed me I had not signed paperwork which was why the order had not been processed to which I informed them I had travelled 30miles to a shop to sign paperwork 2 weeks previous and had paperwork… Read Full Review