80s Rewind Festival Reviews

• Quality Of Acts

80s Rewind Festival - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for 80s Rewind Festival

“Total rip off”

Written on: 04/09/2014 by ambeng (1 review written)

Awful, just awful. Badly organised, car park steward even told us how prolific thieves were! Worst thieves though were the food and drink providers, cheap cash and carry rubbish sold at extortionate prices. Booked a tent with Tangerine Fields which was torn and full of the previous tenants hair. Weren't allowed into the arena area outside of chosen times so couldn't get any money from ATM, security wouldn't let my wife take water in so she could take her medication. Never going again, utter… Read Full Review

“Great festival rip off drink prices”

Written on: 31/08/2014 by Eddie2 (1 review written)

Attended 80s rewind north last night. Tickets pricey but great acts, however the drinks prices were extortionate and rubbish choice . Who drinks black tower wine and carling?? that was your choice at a fiver a go. My advice to anybody going Smuggle drink in!! Having said that food was excellent and pretty good value. I would go again and risk taking our own booze. Car parking and crowd control was a bit disorganised at the end of the night. The stewards did their best however could have been… Read Full Review

“Rewind 2014 Henley car park stewards”

Written on: 19/08/2014 by PRRM (1 review written)

Myself and my carer have been to Rewind festivals both Henley and scone palace Perthshire for the last 5 years but after the final act Thompson Twins this year, we hung around for approx 2hrs 30mins to let most of the traffic leave we got to our car at approx 12:45 and that's were we stayed until 01:15 like all the cars trying to get out, the stewards had no idea of what they were supposed to do particularly frustrating for them and several drivers they were allowing all cars to leave at the… Read Full Review

“Fantastic Rewind 2011”

Written on: 02/09/2011

Our first time at a festival, and it deinately won't be our last had a fabulous time, the bands were great especially Human League, Billy Ocean, Go West, Bananarama and Buck Fizz. The camp site was great the security was really good only complaint were the toilets on Monday morning were disgusting but until then they had been emptied regulary but we did leave very early so no sure if that was the reason. The atmosphere was brilliant everyone was so friendly. The drinks were very expensive and… Read Full Review

“The AWFUL Car Parking ...and lack of Car Parking Staff !!!”

Written on: 24/08/2011 by w4pfe (1 review written)

This Ruined the whole Festival for me and im sure it did for many others !! It took 2 Hours and 30 mins to get out of the Car park it was an Utter shabbles and not for the first time this has happened either . On entry to the Festival there were Car Park attendants every where. Then at the end of the festival there were 2 to clear a carpark of a thousand or so Cars it quiclky turned into complete chaos. No clear defined entry or exit and cars trying to join from all angles. The Poor… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to w4pfe's Review

Written on: 02/09/2011

Agreed. Gig was fantastic. Car park was horrendous.
We got lots of grief from the jumped-up stewards because we had the foresight on Sunday morning to move our car out of the rapidly deteriorating corn-field car park for camping ticket holders, into the relatively mud-free daytime parking.
In the end we decided to miss the final act to avoid the hideous exit queues, especially with a 4 hour drive back to Teesside.

Guest's Response to w4pfe's Review

Written on: 16/09/2011

Sorry to disagree, but we had the easiest exit from a festival ever. We left around 11am after a leisurley Breakfast. drove the car closer to the camping field so easier to load. And left without any queues.

“REWIND FESTIVAL HENLEY 2011”

Written on: 22/08/2011

the festival was very good but prices there were very poor could be greatly improved. Billy Ocean was fantastic and all of the acts were pretty good. It seemed like alot of thea cts were filler though the organisers should get alot more of the more iconic and succesful bands of the 80s such as aha, duran duran and blondie to play. but it was a great weekend and the atmosphere was excelent i found this review on facebook looks really good if youre thinkin of goin next… Read Full Review

“great again, hope it happens again 2011. Tried...”

Written on: 06/09/2010

great again, hope it happens again 2011. Tried glamping, not a lot better than normal camping. When will organisers learn that more showers and toilets are required. Food and drink too expensive so we walked to Henley to get a good breakfast every morning which lasted most of the day.
Lets have a big name on Friday night to start things off with a bang… Read Full Review

“Returned for 2010 after cracking Rewind festival in...”

Written on: 05/09/2010

Returned for 2010 after cracking Rewind festival in 2009. Didn't think the line up was as strong but I was proved wrong as all the bands, except Curiosity Killed the Cat who stank, were excellent. Thought Level 42 were excellent & although I'm no great fan of Jimmy Somerville he was really good & got the whole crowd going & sounded great. Rick Astley was superb & had great interaction with the crowd who loved him. He can still really belt them out as well. Line up worked well & progressed a lot… Read Full Review

“It was an amazing weekend, took our kids for their...”

Written on: 30/08/2010

It was an amazing weekend, took our kids for their first festival experience and they loved it too. No one has mentioned Chesney so I will, we loved him! Also though amazing acts from Heaven 17, Jimmy Somerville, Rick Astley and kid creole. The kids favorite was Bjorn again because they actually knew the music! Very disappointed with Curiosity Killed the Cats as used to be a big fan, dreadful!

I do have a couple of complaints about the camping I am afraid! Trying to find the family… Read Full Review

“As everyone says the bands and atmosphere at the event...”

Written on: 27/08/2010

As everyone says the bands and atmosphere at the event were excellent and we had great fun. However considering that the website plugs this festival as being up market with better than average facilities I think this is rather misleading. Toilets, showers and camping were horrendous and worse than you would find at any other. Bars were also rubbish - very little choice of drinks, huge ques on Saturday, no draught beer - it was like a local village hall bar! I work in the catering industry… Read Full Review

Festivalpaul's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2010

I would disagree that the facilities were " ... worse than you would find at any other (festival) ..." to be honest. I think the toilet issue certainly could qualify for this statement, but the showers? I had a shower every day, no problem. I think there will never be enough showers, if the entire campsite wants to shower between 9 and 11am, for example (as seemed to be the case). And as for camping? I had so much space around my tent, you could have driven a bus through it! Not bad for being 50mt from the showers!
<br/>
<br/>I think the beer (Real Ale especially) was a joke. There is a brewery in Henley itself, where when asking the brewer why he wasn't at Rewind, was told that "they never replied to him about it", when he approached them.
<br/>
<br/>Running out of wine on the Friday, and having none on the Saturday evening though was a crime almost beyond redemption in my opinion!
<br/>
<br/>So, I would have to agree with some of your points, and disagree on others.
<br/>No doubt I will be there next year though!

Written on: 07/09/2010

I didn't camp so I cannot comment on that.
<br/>
<br/>As far as the bars are concerned, I agree that it was a shocking miscalculation to have run out of wine so early on. It was also very cheeky to be selling such low budget quality wine at such high prices, but then I guess if they sold out then there's your justification! The selection of drinks was poor. If your round included a soft drink then you had to make a separate visit to the ice cream van as well as the bar! There was one bar selling real ale. It was over by the comedy/karaoke stage. In its defence, it had proper Wychwood Hobgoblin ale out of proper pumps and was better value for money, being a full pint for your &pound;4 instead of a small bottle of lager or wine. On the other hand, the queue was always so long you had to *really* want an ale badly, in which case you were probably better off walking to a pub in town! In my view, if you have queues that long for anything, then you haven't provided enough of whatever it is!
<br/>
<br/>In defence of the bars, the staff were very friendly, helpful and relaxed, and the queues did move through quite quickly (except the real ale bar!) and they were better than the Reading Festival bars, where the staff didn't seem to know the difference between red and ros wine!
<br/>
<br/>I was so put off by the price of drinks and the lack of supplies on the Saturday that I didn't drink at all on the Sunday.

“We went for the second time to this kind of festival....”

Written on: 27/08/2010

We went for the second time to this kind of festival. First time we went to Retrofest in Glasgow. It was again Fantastic!! The Atmosphere was very good, the food was reasonable good. We loved every second of it. Best acts for us were Jimmy Sommerville and most of all Boy George. George has got so much Soul!! We loved both days, allthough the last act on sunday of Tony Hadley with ABC en Go West was a bit Messy.

“The BBC was incorrect in forecasting light-heavy...”

Written on: 26/08/2010 by ukgemmab (1 review written)

The BBC was incorrect in forecasting light-heavy showers over the weekend as the sun shone in Henley for the second year running at Rewind. Bigger and better than last year's inaugural festival, the 2010 line-up didn't disappoint.

Aside from a couple of technical/ sound issues and some early acts overrunning (perhaps thanks to Kajagoogoo's six song set), Saturday's line-up was probably the best out of the two days. Jimmy Somerville looked and sounded as good as he did twenty-odd years ago as… Read Full Review

Zacabi's Response to ukgemmab's Review

Written on: 07/09/2010

An excellent review. Just reading it reminds me what a good time we had! I think Sunday was just as good, though, if not better than Saturday. The Beat, 10cc and Odyssey were brilliant. Kid Creole, Marc Almond, Midge Ure... just one surprisingly satisfying performance after another!

“I had high hopes for the 80s Rewind festival, based on...”

Written on: 25/08/2010 by zacabi (1 review written)

I had high hopes for the 80s Rewind festival, based on the artists I knew and liked, and those hopes were surpassed.

I was most looking forward to seeing Heaven 17 and Level 42 and they were excellent. I didn't really know what to expect from The Beat, Odyssey or 10cc and these bands were amazing, getting Sunday afternoon off to a stunning start. Special mention should also go to Midge Ure, Marc Almond, Jimmy Somerville, Carol Decker (T'Pau), Clare Grogan (Altered Images), Bjorn Again, Kid… Read Full Review

“Rewind Festival 2010. The music was great, however the...”

Written on: 25/08/2010

Rewind Festival 2010. The music was great, however the camping facilities were appalling. There were the minimum number of toilets and showers, resulting in huge queues. The toilets were also very badly positioned with open urinals rights by peoples tents and the main walkway. Tents were packed together far too tightly and you had to hike your stuff quite a long way from your car. There were trolleys to hire, but these had a amazingly disappeared when the time came to pack up - maybe because… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/08/2010

Thanks for the review. I didn't camp (the bands were camp enough!) and thanks to your review I will make sure I don't camp next time either!
<br/>
<br/>However, a few responses to points you raised. Surely the urinals were put in place before people pitched their tents, so were people choosing to pitch their tents next to open urinals? Similar point with the tight packing - were people not at liberty to leave some space between their tents? Also, did the rest of the festival not deserve a higher rating overall? You said the music was great; did the camping spoil it completely?

Festivalpaul's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2010

You could have parked a bus between my tent and the others near by. I think it was a case of looking further afield than just by the entrance, to be honest.

“This is our second year at the 80s Rewind, we came...”

Written on: 25/08/2010

This is our second year at the 80s Rewind, we came both days last year but this year the artists we wanted to see were on Sunday so we just came that day. All the artists were excellent and very entertaining - special mentions for 10cc, The Beat, Bjorn Again. Tony Hadley did a great job of closing and it was a credit to him that so many people stayed on despite torrential rain. We were sat next to a mad Scot dressed as Mr Blobby, who was a big attraction for lots of folk! Food & wine were… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/08/2010

Hi, nice review. I agree that 10cc, The Beat and Bjorn Again deserve special mention.
<br/>
<br/>I didn't go to Rewind last year so didn't quite know what to expect. I went to both days and thought they were almost equally good, with possibly the Sunday getting a slight edge, even though my two favourite bands (Heaven 17 and Level 42) played on Saturday!
<br/>
<br/>Did you really think the drink was reasonably priced? I felt &pound;4 for all alcoholic drinks (small portion of wine, small bottle of lager etc) was very over-priced and made it very expensive to get even half drunk! The food was fairly reasonable, though.
<br/>
<br/>Like you, I'll certainly want to go again next year.
<br/>zac

“First time to the the Rewind Festival in 2010 with my...”

Written on: 23/08/2010

First time to the the Rewind Festival in 2010 with my wife and our Scottish friends, fantastic event despite the downpour & ponchos on Saturday night and Curiosity Strangled The Cat! The four of us reliving our teens with the highlights being Jimmy Summerville, Marc Almond, Midge Ure, 10cc, Tony Hadley, Heaven 17, Kid Creole, Odysey and the comedian, Rick Astley ! A few too many Henley ettes.....who took a dim view on how much Pimms we were consuming and our dance moves, particularly to Marc… Read Full Review

“Attended the Rewind Festival for the second year and...”

Written on: 23/08/2010

Attended the Rewind Festival for the second year and once again had a great time. Usual problems with shortage of toilets and showers in the camping area. Bar prices were naturally higher but not ridiculous (unfortunatley they ran out of wine on Saturday) Great choice of quality food at reasonable prices. Site was in a great setting, well organised and laid out with a lovely atmosphere. A good line-up but slightly lacking in female artists. Little disapointed that some of the artists decided to… Read Full Review

“We had an excellent time...the whole audience was so...”

Written on: 23/08/2010

We had an excellent time...the whole audience was so up for a laugh it made for a great atmopshere...some great acts who have not lost that sparkle...Jimmy Somerville, Rick Astley ( bonkers ), Tony Hadley, 10cc, Marc Almond...superprisingly good act Heaven 17....Curiousity killed the cat was the only bum note.

Great selection of food stores at usual Festival prices...beer was a bit steep and no where near enough toilets

The traffic management was an utter shambles on leaving...they reversed… Read Full Review

“Rewind Festival - Had a great time, sadly let down by...”

Written on: 23/08/2010

Rewind Festival - Had a great time, sadly let down by two important things - toilets & wine! The number of toilets was very low, especially in the campsite. If I were a cynic, I would suspect that the "pay-per-trip" toilets (comfy crappers) had a deal going. Second issue - how can you run out of white wine late on Friday, and not have any on Saturday? Combined with a strictly enforced "no fluids into the arena" policy, resulted in nothing to drink (unless you'd stumped up the extra for the… Read Full Review

“I took my sister who was born in 1983 as a suprise!!! ...”

Written on: 23/08/2010 by Tracey Cross (1 review written)

I took my sister who was born in 1983 as a suprise!!! She had never camped before!! We had a fab time, will definately go again next year. Next time we will pay for the VIP ticket on top of our camping weekend... got a bit wet last night but hey ho!! it's part of camping isnt it? The food was great, drink was a bit expensive, but we were prepared for that. A bit of advice.... go for the comfy crappers wrist band for the weekend, the public toilets were awful... everything else was as… Read Full Review