Electa Course Reviews - www.electacourse.com

Electa Course www.electacourse.com - Ask a question now

“17th Edition Exam Success”

Written on: 16/06/2014 by Kevini25 (1 review written)

I have just passed my 17th Edition exam with Electacourse. I can't praise them more highly - both the quality of the course and the contact I had with their customer service people. I bought the course online which comes with an exam simulator. I spent time working through the course and doing the simulator and then took the exam with Electacourse. I passed first time with 96%. Well pleased. Before a friend recommended Electacourse I had planned to go to my local electrical training centre… Read Full Review

“Qualified to PAT Test at last!”

Written on: 09/04/2013

I have to admit, I purchased a PAT Testing course from Electacourse over a year ago and it's only when I received an email from them saying that the course had been updated to the latest Code of Practice, that I started to study it. I didn't purchase the updated course but studied the old course and took a gamble that not much had changed and thankfully not much had! Actually, there were quite a few 'new' questions in the exam that I wasn't expecting but I still passed with 82% so must have… Read Full Review

“Passed my 17th Edition at last !”

Written on: 22/10/2012 by oldylec (1 review written)

I've had my 16th edition qualification since the dinosaurs walked the earth, but I've finally got round to passing my 17th - well chuffed! The main thing that stopped me taking my 17th edition for so long was the fear of going back to college and studying again at the age of 53. I really wasn't confident I still had the ability to learn! That's why I chose the home study route. Found the Electacourse 17th edition course ideal for my purposes and I felt quite confident after about 10-15 hours… Read Full Review

“Not that useful”

Written on: 23/09/2012 by what.the (1 review written)

I'm a qualified Australian sparky that has completed my capstone not that long ago so most principles and rules are still lingering in my head. Even though I have this study course I feel that it is an incredibly sub-par study course that definitely doesn't make up for the lack of a teacher. A lot of their tables are pixelated their are many mistakes both punctual and factual. The whole way through the course they explain principles without explaining clearly calculations and making references… Read Full Review

Mizbiz's Response to what.the's Review

Written on: 09/04/2013

Not sure if you got the same course as me but I passed my 17th edition with 91% with Electacourse! I do agree though, if you don't have the discipline for self study, got to a college instead, but if your ok with studying at home, this is the way to go as it'll save you a lot of money and time.

“As a landlord of several properties, I've been finding...”

Written on: 21/03/2011

As a landlord of several properties, I've been finding it increasingly expensive to get all the appliances and electrics checked every year, so I looked into doing it myself. I studied at home for the 17th Edition Wiring Regs and PAT Testing qualifications from Electacourse.
CD arrived the next day and the ordering process was easy with good communications.
I found the course work surprisingly easy to follow and was pleased to be getting high pass marks on the included exam simulators within… Read Full Review

“I'm a qualified electrician who, along with thousands...”

Written on: 18/08/2009

I'm a qualified electrician who, along with thousands of others, had to update my knowledge to the new 17th Edition Wiring regulations. Having not studied for more years than I can remember and not having the time or motivation to go back to college, I searched online for a course that I could study at home to help me gain the required 2382 qualification.

Electacourse were at the top of the search and, after reading their web page I ordered a 17th Edition 2382 Course download. The download… Read Full Review