Konica Revio KD-100 Reviews

Konica Revio KD-100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Konica Revio KD-100

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Best not to bother! Good camera for the price - if you...”

Written on: 29/02/2008

Best not to bother! Good camera for the price - if you transfer pics using card - no good for USB transfer. A nightmare with drivers, conflicts with ALL other USB devices! Leave well alone… Read Full Review

“SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! ”

Written on: 07/10/2005 by YBH1707 (1 review written)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Can anyone help? I cannot get the Konica Revio KD-100 camera driver to install despite having the correct operating system.

Someone suggested downloading it direct from Konica; Guess what? You can't anymore! they have either disowned the product (at least that would show some level of competency) or it is now obsolete.

Is anyone lucky enough to have it installed? If so, do you think you could send it on to me as an email?

I may have more luck doing it that way!… Read Full Review

“The "useless" manual does not say this, but you may...”

Written on: 02/11/2004 by RayOnCamera (1 review written)

The "useless" manual does not say this, but you may have to press the second button from bottom to get the "removeable disk" to appear on Windows Explorer in order to download pix. I sometimes have to do this several times to get it to work. Whether this removeable disk shows as drive "d" or "e" or "f" depends on how many drives you have on your computer. Overall, not a good camera in my opinion… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Konica Revio KD-100 just will not work as...”

Written on: 03/04/2004 by hedgepig (1 review written)

The Konica Revio KD-100 just will not work as advertised and I therefore feel that all of us should demand redress from Konica.
Here is a copy of the correspondence I got from Konica when my camera was returned to me, allegedly repaired!

Dear Mr Hedger,

I apologise for the delay in my reply I have just returned from holiday.

I am unable to tell you the problem with your original camera as these cameras are automatically replaced if there is a problem. Kd-100 do not come with an SD card… Read Full Review

“Software supplied with the Konica Revio KD-100 Digital...”

Written on: 25/03/2004 by Cynthia (1 review written)

Software supplied with the Konica Revio KD-100 Digital Camera does not have a driver that works with XP. The driver is not signed.No matter how many times you reqest help from Konica UK E-mails 5 remain unanswered.These cameras are only sold in this country Konica USA refer you to UK so no help there either.Photos remain in camera… Read Full Review

“The Batteries on the Konica Revio KD-100 digital...”

Written on: 09/01/2004 by Randy8 (1 review written)

The Batteries on the Konica Revio KD-100 digital camera wont last more than 5-6 minutes, no comercial adapters for this camera, and finally my 5 years son let it drop from no more than 3ft tall(camera still inside the case) and the camera don't work any more, so I asked for assitance in UK (I live in sudamerica) and they say: is more expensive to send it to UK & back than the price of the camera.....!!thats is the only assistance I get from those guys. I waste my 99 pounds… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“If you want a digital camera then don't buy the Konica...”

Written on: 06/01/2004 by Sqwidmaster (1 review written)

If you want a digital camera then don't buy the Konica Revio KD-100! Bought it 2day (5th Jan 2004) & I haven't been able 2 transfer any pictures (using Windows 2k sp4) & how the heck do u get the webcam 2 work? I've tried 4 about 3-4hrs & finally gave up! Gonna try & take this digital camera back 2 Argos… Read Full Review

“Unclear instruction manual, not user friendly,...”

Written on: 16/05/2003 by Ian. (1 review written)

Unclear instruction manual, not user friendly, expensive memory format, batteries last minutes, blurry images, a universal mains adapter plug won't fit. If I worked out how to use it as a web cam the batteries wouldn't last five mins. I couldn't honestly recommend it to anyone… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Nothing but problems with this camera. Took it on a...”

Written on: 09/05/2003 by John Dunne. (1 review written)

Nothing but problems with this camera. Took it on a night out, from 9 o'clock till 4, went through 6 pairs of batteries.
Now I can't even download my pictures from it… Read Full Review

Paul2510's Response to 96270_John Dunne.'s Review

Written on: 27/08/2003

I have the same camera and my battery has lasted a long time, if your using normal alkaline batteries this is the problem. You should try using either Panasonic/Duracell or any other manufacturer battery type CR-V3 which are lithium batteries and will last the pace.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I bought this to replace another camera. I needed...”

Written on: 28/04/2003 by fenwoman. (1 review written)

I bought this to replace another camera. I needed something cheap yet reliable. I only wish I had read the reviews here before I bought it.
Spent 3 hours trying to download the driver to no avail on Win98.I feel I have wasted money I can little afford to waste.
Folks, avoid this like the plague unless you actually *enjoy* tearing your hair out in frustration… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Konica Revio KD-100 has probably been my worst...”

Written on: 06/03/2003 by Alistair. (1 review written)

Konica Revio KD-100 has probably been my worst investment EVER! I have not been able to download one single picture! I only wish that I had come accross this site prior to buying it! I wonder what 'Trading Standards' would have to say about this completely inoperable excuse for a camera??
What a load of mince!… Read Full Review

Callan Cool.'s Response to 77847_Alistair.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2003

For all those that want to know how to download the images I'll tell you, as the manual gets it wrong. It tells you to use my computer, but as for selecting images to drag and drop over my computer is impractical. All you need to do is use windows explorer and use it like you do when you move files from one directoty to another. Anyone needeing help mail me., this makes it a doddle, and it took me 2 seconds to realise whats virtuall impossible in my computer is easy peasy in windows explorer. If you want to mail me ill go into more detail.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Very poor battery life, no power adaptor and can't...”

Written on: 21/01/2003 by Mark. (1 review written)

Very poor battery life, no power adaptor and can't seem to get hold of them, uses expensive SD memory and has a habbit of turning itself on because the power button sticks out on the back… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“This camera has compatibility issues with Win 98 SE....”

Written on: 02/01/2003 by Steve. (1 review written)

This camera has compatibility issues with Win 98 SE. Beware (and I have tried everything to try and get it working!) Im going to have to change mine. Damn… Read Full Review

62645_Neil.'s Response to 62183_Steve.'s Review

Written on: 05/01/2003

I bought my wife the same camera, and had the same problem as you with the driver disk, the camera is brillant, but the drivers are lousy, I also have to take the camera back to the shop and buy her a new one.

88326_Lelsey.'s Response to 62183_Steve.'s Review

Written on: 12/04/2003

I also am having problems with the software. I can't seem to be able to download any of my pictures. Bought the camera in June so no hope of taking it back. As for adaptors I bought one that has changeable power settings and plugs and this works ok.

73004_Ann.'s Response to 62183_Steve.'s Review

Written on: 15/02/2003

I bought the same camera, problems with software, changed camera, again problems with software...also use batteries as if there were no tomorrow....now buying a sony instead....(know a person who works in a well know shop and told me, that it is always the software people complain about, never sony or fuji!

☆☆☆☆☆

“Attempts to load cd-rom software - USB drivers caused...”

Written on: 18/11/2002 by Chris. (1 review written)

Attempts to load cd-rom software - USB drivers caused my PC to totally crash twice...no response from Konica by e-mail. A review you will have no intention of publishing but I have met one other person to whom the CD software accompanying this camera was an equal disaster to mine… Read Full Review

58914_Stuart.'s Response to 51621_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 18/12/2002

The guy before me who said that his computer crashed...well I am having the EXACT same problem and have yet to find a solution,I have just wrote an email to Konica and hopefully I will be more succesful in getting a reply, If anyone else has a solution for the "Konica digital camera Revio KD-100" I would highly appreciate it if you could email me at stoosh2k@hotmail.com Thanks

73968_Stephane.'s Response to 51621_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 19/02/2003

Hello, i'm a french user. I received my camera yesterday and installed the software. Everything went well (i can read photographs i took using virtual drive) until i reboot. Then PC Crashes. Nothing to do to restore a normal functionality. I Had to reinstall everything on my pc, but now even if i install camera software i cannot see virtual drive anymore. Has somebody a solution to make it work without installing W2K or XP and keeping my W98SE !

72831_Peter.'s Response to 51621_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 14/02/2003

An update on my comment of 5th Feb. I persevered with this software. To be fair to Konica support they were very helpful and responded quickly by email. The first response suggestion just caused Windows to crash with a fatal error but having passed the information back to Konica they sent me a patch for another software package on my PC which was causing some sort of conflict. I am pleased to say this cured the problem and I now get the Removable Disc icon in My Computer. I still think Konica need to look carefully at the quality of the software they are supplying with the camera. There must be a lot of confused and frustrated users out there.

Ian W Marshall.'s Response to 51621_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 13/02/2003

Several reviews have criticised the software shipped with the Konica Revio KD-100 Digital Camera as causeing their computers to crash. Indeed it does, but it is on computers which already have a suitable, in-built Windows driver. The driver supplied on disk is generally only required for Windows 98 and 98SE. No "additional" driver is required with Windows operating systems after 98SE since the USB driver supplied within the Windows 2000,ME,XP operating system suffices. I received this helpful advice from Konica (cservice@konicaphoto.co.uk) which solves the problem. It might have been helpful if this had been clearly explained in the literature which accompanies the camera.

71137_Stuart.'s Response to 51621_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 06/02/2003

I wrote a review about this camera a few weeks ago saying that I could not get it to install. Did not get the problem sorted. Konica totally ignored my emails so I took the camera back to the shop and bought a different one altogether. I have received a lot of emails from people saying they were having problems so I contacted watchdog and told them all about konica and there lack of care about this matter. Good luck to everyone else who still has this camera. I am sure it really is a good one...if we could get it into the computer!!! stuart

70830_Peter.'s Response to 51621_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 05/02/2003

My PC gets a Windows fatal exception when I try to download pics from the KD-100. I've tried everything without success. The Konica website seems to have drivers to download for all the other models except this one. Good job it was bought at Argos. At least I have a chance of getting a refund. Big thumbs down for this camera not because of it's picture quality but because of its lousy software.

67321_William.'s Response to 51621_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 22/01/2003

I like you all have not been able to obtain a driver, when getting a new part fitted to my pc, i asked the guy fixing it to try and install a driver but he could not do it either, konica can't help with the problem, if you like the camera, do what i did and buy a card reader and a sd card, you won't have to worry about using the battery power anymore except for taking pictures, use rechargeable too.

61406_Tricia.'s Response to 51621_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 29/12/2002

I also have problems with the driver on Windows98 , have emailed Konica - email Tricia.Dale@tvu.ac.uk