Konica Revio KD-100 Reviews

• Battery Life

Konica Revio KD-100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Konica Revio KD-100

Konica Revio KD-100

“Best not to bother! Good camera for the price - if you...”

Written on: 29/02/2008

Best not to bother! Good camera for the price - if you transfer pics using card - no good for USB transfer. A nightmare with drivers, conflicts with ALL other USB devices! Leave well alone… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“For what was a cheap camera in it's day it was good...”

Written on: 27/08/2006 by Blooby (3 reviews written)

For what was a cheap camera in it's day it was good value for money. It takes good pictures for those who just want to aim and take the pic. The menu on the camera could be a little bit more people friendly and the book could explain things a bit clearer. I've been very happy with it and am only now three and a half years later looking at newer cameras… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“Despite the batteries dieing on me, when I actually...”

Written on: 14/05/2006 by PhilipBlake (2 reviews written)

Despite the batteries dieing on me, when I actually get a picture from the Konica Revio KD-100 digital camera it is pretty good I guess. Does anyone know where I can buy the AC/DC adapter for the camera? If so, could you please leave me a comment? Thank you… Read Full Review

254623_Kenbjme's Response to PhilipBlake's Review

Written on: 09/08/2006

Sir, can you please send me the manual of this Konica Revio KD-100. I actually look for the manual even in konica website, but it seems they have no manual for the Konica Revio KD-100. My brother gave me this one and there's no manual, just need the manual badly so i can use it. If you have the manual, can you please send it and attach it to an email at kenbjme@yahoo.com. It will be very much appreciated.I rate this one a 5 out of 10. Good cam but i need the manual. Thanks again

Blooby's Response to PhilipBlake's Review

Written on: 27/08/2006

You can purchase the AC Adapter at Jessops camera shops.

“SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! ”

Written on: 07/10/2005 by YBH1707 (1 review written)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Can anyone help? I cannot get the Konica Revio KD-100 camera driver to install despite having the correct operating system.

Someone suggested downloading it direct from Konica; Guess what? You can't anymore! they have either disowned the product (at least that would show some level of competency) or it is now obsolete.

Is anyone lucky enough to have it installed? If so, do you think you could send it on to me as an email?

I may have more luck doing it that way!… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“I have managed to make a set of Duracell Batteries...”

Written on: 21/07/2005 by biggles266 (1 review written)

I have managed to make a set of Duracell Batteries last a whole week in the Konica Revio KD-100 by using the viewfinder, taking approx 70 pics. I am now investing in a set of rechargeables. I am very pleased with the outdoor picture quality but indoor flash is not always good. I have had my camera refuse to take a picture on more than one occasion and it also froze so I couldn't switch it off. However, I like the quirky nature of the camera and the picture quality is good… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“The useless instruction manual includes mistakes and...”

Written on: 08/05/2005 by martinbennett2 (1 review written)

The useless instruction manual includes mistakes and does not give you much information. If you connect the power adaptor up to the camera the low battery sign comes up. It uses up battery life even when the camera is off! So I always have to remove the batteries when I am not using it and then all my settings go out the window. It is really hard to get used to and I starting wish I had never bought it.
I recommend to people not to buy this camera… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“The "useless" manual does not say this, but you may...”

Written on: 02/11/2004 by RayOnCamera (1 review written)

The "useless" manual does not say this, but you may have to press the second button from bottom to get the "removeable disk" to appear on Windows Explorer in order to download pix. I sometimes have to do this several times to get it to work. Whether this removeable disk shows as drive "d" or "e" or "f" depends on how many drives you have on your computer. Overall, not a good camera in my opinion… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“Konica Revio KD-100 - Overall, I thought this camera...”

Written on: 15/08/2004 by kingvidor (1 review written)

Konica Revio KD-100 - Overall, I thought this camera was a good buy and the picture quality is good. However, for the money there are now better cameras available. The on/off button has a habit of getting switched on while in the case if there is any pressure on it… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“The Konica Revio KD-100 just will not work as...”

Written on: 03/04/2004 by hedgepig (1 review written)

The Konica Revio KD-100 just will not work as advertised and I therefore feel that all of us should demand redress from Konica.
Here is a copy of the correspondence I got from Konica when my camera was returned to me, allegedly repaired!

Dear Mr Hedger,

I apologise for the delay in my reply I have just returned from holiday.

I am unable to tell you the problem with your original camera as these cameras are automatically replaced if there is a problem. Kd-100 do not come with an SD card… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“Software supplied with the Konica Revio KD-100 Digital...”

Written on: 25/03/2004 by Cynthia (1 review written)

Software supplied with the Konica Revio KD-100 Digital Camera does not have a driver that works with XP. The driver is not signed.No matter how many times you reqest help from Konica UK E-mails 5 remain unanswered.These cameras are only sold in this country Konica USA refer you to UK so no help there either.Photos remain in camera… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“The Batteries on the Konica Revio KD-100 digital...”

Written on: 09/01/2004 by Randy8 (1 review written)

The Batteries on the Konica Revio KD-100 digital camera wont last more than 5-6 minutes, no comercial adapters for this camera, and finally my 5 years son let it drop from no more than 3ft tall(camera still inside the case) and the camera don't work any more, so I asked for assitance in UK (I live in sudamerica) and they say: is more expensive to send it to UK & back than the price of the camera.....!!thats is the only assistance I get from those guys. I waste my 99 pounds… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“If you want a digital camera then don't buy the Konica...”

Written on: 06/01/2004 by Sqwidmaster (1 review written)

If you want a digital camera then don't buy the Konica Revio KD-100! Bought it 2day (5th Jan 2004) & I haven't been able 2 transfer any pictures (using Windows 2k sp4) & how the heck do u get the webcam 2 work? I've tried 4 about 3-4hrs & finally gave up! Gonna try & take this digital camera back 2 Argos… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“Works perfect under WinXp. It is recognised imediately...”

Written on: 14/06/2003 by Flo. (1 review written)

Works perfect under WinXp. It is recognised imediately without any USB driver. Image quality is good. When i plug the USB cable the camera lcd ask the following modes:DISK DRIVE or SILENT VIDEO. Can anyone tell me if REVIO-100 works as a webcam? How? Trough USB cable or Video Out?… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“The Konica Digital Revio KD 100 was the first...”

Written on: 10/06/2003 by Callan Cool. (1 review written)

The Konica Digital Revio KD 100 was the first Megapixel Digital camera with an LCD preview screen to retail on the U.K. High Street for under £100 and as a camera has been around for quite a while. Whilst its there's now around half a dozen or more 2 megapixel cameras on sale for the same price as the revio, with Konica recently introducing it's own 2 megapixel DC 25 retailing at only £10 more, is the KD 100 a good buy or not?

Looking around the reviews of this camera on review centre it… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“Had some trouble with the Konica Revio KD-100....”

Written on: 20/05/2003 by Bluemeanie. (1 review written)

Had some trouble with the Konica Revio KD-100. Software included wont work as I thought it would, but if you go to Windows explorer when it is connected (you may have to press "power" and "mode" once or twice) you will see a new virtual drive held on the camera itself. You can then cut and paste pics and vids straight over… Read Full Review

104640_Callan Cool.'s Response to 99731_Bluemeanie.'s Review

Written on: 05/06/2003

Are u joking. I had a revio 100 and was unhappy with it. I now use a jenoptik 2.1 which cost me £10 less than konicas rrp of £100 and the difference in quality at 800x 600 as opposed to the konicas higher resolution of 1280 x1024 is clearly visible. Mail me and ill send u 2 photos to demonstrate.

Ginparis's Response to 99731_Bluemeanie.'s Review

Written on: 21/11/2004

Thank you for this comment. I had been trying for over 2 hours to extract the photos from the KD 100. I could not get the drivers for the camera to install and this review SAVED ME! I copied and pasted the photos from the camera to my PC. Thanks loads.
<br>By the way, don't buy this camera if you want one that's easy to work with once the pictues have been taken!

Konica Revio KD-100

“Unclear instruction manual, not user friendly,...”

Written on: 16/05/2003 by Ian. (1 review written)

Unclear instruction manual, not user friendly, expensive memory format, batteries last minutes, blurry images, a universal mains adapter plug won't fit. If I worked out how to use it as a web cam the batteries wouldn't last five mins. I couldn't honestly recommend it to anyone… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“Nothing but problems with this camera. Took it on a...”

Written on: 09/05/2003 by John Dunne. (1 review written)

Nothing but problems with this camera. Took it on a night out, from 9 o'clock till 4, went through 6 pairs of batteries.
Now I can't even download my pictures from it… Read Full Review

Paul2510's Response to 96270_John Dunne.'s Review

Written on: 27/08/2003

I have the same camera and my battery has lasted a long time, if your using normal alkaline batteries this is the problem. You should try using either Panasonic/Duracell or any other manufacturer battery type CR-V3 which are lithium batteries and will last the pace.

Konica Revio KD-100

“I feel that perhaps this model is not very good in...”

Written on: 28/04/2003 by Danielle16. (1 review written)

I feel that perhaps this model is not very good in that the batteries last less than a minute and this should have been stated in the specification before it was bought… Read Full Review

John Restorick.'s Response to Danielle16.'s Review

Written on: 26/06/2003

could u please help me with this camera i cant download the pics from the camera please help its driving me mad

Rayoncamera's Response to Danielle16.'s Review

Written on: 02/11/2004

It is not in the "useless" manual, but you may have to press the button second up from bottom to get the "removeable disk" to show on Windows Explorer. I sometimes have to do this several times. Whether this is shown as drive "d" or "e" depends on how many drives you have on your computer. Agree with comments - not a good camera.

Wyevalet's Response to Danielle16.'s Review

Written on: 06/01/2004

It's pretty tricky to start with, but it's not a bad little camera when you get used to it. It's best to use rechargeable batteries too, as it eats ordinary ones!

Dusty555's Response to Danielle16.'s Review

Written on: 05/01/2004

Les, You can have 5 stars! I had been struggling for HOURS trying to download my pictures (Konica Revio 100) I can't believe how COMPLICATED this system is, and the book supplied is USELESS! Thank you again Les!

Les.'s Response to Danielle16.'s Review

Written on: 21/07/2003

Making sure the usb lead is connected to the computer, open up 'my computer'. Plug the other end of the lead into the camera, and you should get 'disk drive' and 'silent video' displayed on the lcd. Select 'disk drive' using the 'set/disp' on the rear of the camera, and a new icon pops up on 'my computer', called 'removable disk e'. Click to open, and this brings up a folder called 'dcim'. Opening this brings up a new folder, '100image', open this to get your pictures. I copy and paste each picture into a new folder, as they disappear when the camera is unplugged. If anyone has managed to format the Kodak 64mb memory card, let me know, as the users manual is useless! wyevalet@yahoo.co.uk

111047_Johnrestorick.'s Response to Danielle16.'s Review

Written on: 27/06/2003

thank you i've no e drive in my computer so i think i will take it back

110900_Danielle16.'s Response to Danielle16.'s Review

Written on: 26/06/2003

have you tried looking on 'my computer' when its all plugged in cos there should be a new icon called 'e drive' but if not and all the softwares there etc try taking it back cos my one stopped downloading pictures and my new one worked perfectly first time!

Konica Revio KD-100

“I bought this to replace another camera. I needed...”

Written on: 28/04/2003 by fenwoman. (1 review written)

I bought this to replace another camera. I needed something cheap yet reliable. I only wish I had read the reviews here before I bought it.
Spent 3 hours trying to download the driver to no avail on Win98.I feel I have wasted money I can little afford to waste.
Folks, avoid this like the plague unless you actually *enjoy* tearing your hair out in frustration… Read Full Review

Konica Revio KD-100

“Konica Revio KD-100 has probably been my worst...”

Written on: 06/03/2003 by Alistair. (1 review written)

Konica Revio KD-100 has probably been my worst investment EVER! I have not been able to download one single picture! I only wish that I had come accross this site prior to buying it! I wonder what 'Trading Standards' would have to say about this completely inoperable excuse for a camera??
What a load of mince!… Read Full Review

Callan Cool.'s Response to 77847_Alistair.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2003

For all those that want to know how to download the images I'll tell you, as the manual gets it wrong. It tells you to use my computer, but as for selecting images to drag and drop over my computer is impractical. All you need to do is use windows explorer and use it like you do when you move files from one directoty to another. Anyone needeing help mail me., this makes it a doddle, and it took me 2 seconds to realise whats virtuall impossible in my computer is easy peasy in windows explorer. If you want to mail me ill go into more detail.