Beeman GS1000 .22 Reviews

Beeman GS1000 .22 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Beeman GS1000 .22

Beeman GS1000 .22
Beeman GS1000 .22

“Beeman GS1000. Junk and Cabela's are no help”

Written on: 28/05/2012 by dougmcdonald (1 review written)

Purchased from Cabelas and they are useless. No Help. The rifle wont hold center and they said I need to contact Beeman. However Beeman acts like they never produced the gun. Great Customer Service on both parts. This is why I will never buy from Cabela's again. I've spent thousands of dollars and even gone on hunts with Cabela's....never again. Ive hunted all my life and Ive never seen a company not respond to a challenda such as this. I felt that at least one might help. Nope...not happening… Read Full Review

“I have had my gun for 4 years, have shot thousands of...”

Written on: 07/03/2008 by greginfo (1 review written)

I have had my gun for 4 years, have shot thousands of rounds through it, and its accuracy stinks, especially with heavier pellets. I tried different rings, scopes, cleaning, lubricating, and different size/brand pellets, and nothing has improved the accuracy. At 60 feet my groups average 5 inches side to side. And that's using a stand. Beeman isn't what it used to be… Read Full Review

Sifu456's Response to greginfo's Review

Written on: 16/05/2008

This is a Spanish made Norica gun not a German made Beeman or HW. Most Norica like the popular Rws 94/Cometa 400 are powerful and accurate still not at the build standard of HW but soild hunters and plinkers.
<br/>
<br/>But its relative you won't be satisfied with a Norica if you are use to the R1,R9 or HW 77 or 97 quailty and trigger which are $300 - $500 plus high quailty air rifles.

“Researching these starter adult rifles stamped Beeman...”

Written on: 24/03/2006 by Sifu456 (61 reviews written)

Researching these starter adult rifles stamped Beeman you have GS, GH & SS series all are various degrees a chinese copy of the spanish GS. The GS being the most fancy and refined.
These rifle sport a nicely formed sporting stock with a soild butt pad capable of 780-650fps in .22 pending the pellet. All are very accurate and shoots well the GS series boast a .25 ctc and the Gh & SS boast a .36 ctc level of accuracy at 10meters. I wasn't able to distingished any better groups with the GS then… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/03/2006

A correction - only the SS1000 is a Chinese copy; the GH is the hunting version of the GS, both made in Spain. Some of the GS's have fancier stocks then GH & SS. I take it the "h" stands for hunter.

Fsdanlie's Response to Sifu456's Review

Written on: 01/12/2008

My gs1000 never had fiber optics, mine had a brass bead on the end like a real firearm.It is a 177.

Written on: 16/05/2008

In my last statment I stated that the GS/GH/SS series have better accuracy then the Gamo, I have to re-cant that statement after putting like scopes * mount on my Gamos the accuracy is near the same. These rifles may have better build quailty then the Shadow series Gamo vs. The GH fiberglass series but I hear the trigger on some SS/GH are terrible and so not as good as a Gamo.
<br/>
<br/> If you get a good GS/SS the trigger will be slightly better stock but you won't have the 3rd part help that Gamo has.
<br/>Put a Gamo GTX trigger in it and it is far better then a GS/SS stock trigger and so is any modified car, house or gun over stock most times near the same price.

Written on: 28/09/2006

No they are made by Norica, another Spanish air rifle company. I own several Gamos and these rifles are just a step up in quality from Gamo. Most have a better trigger and accuracy - some, like the GS, are made considerably better then the Gamo 890 - 440 or even its Shadow series.
<br/>
<br/>I&#039;d compare the Norica/GS/Gh/SS series to the Spanish made RWS 94/93/92s - all of which have very good reputations. It's a slightly better rifle than the Spanish-made Gamos but it's not as popular - most bb Gamos are good rifles but are not as accurate in my opinion as the GS/Gh/SS series or the RWS 94 - maybe it's the CFX fixed barrel.

Dedidik's Response to Sifu456's Review

Written on: 09/08/2006

Would the G possibly mean Gamo, like Gamo Hunter, Gamo Sport??? Aren&#039;t the Gamo&#039;s made in Spain? I wonder if Beeman is having their cheaper guns made by Gamo. I had a Gamo Hunter Sport and it was really a piece of junk. It was advertised as a Bull barrel. The barrel was merely covered with a plastic sleeve.

“Hello again, here in Portugal we are not very familiar...”

Written on: 10/12/2005 by Pedro Laia (12 reviews written)

Hello again, here in Portugal we are not very familiar with "Beeman", however I do own something like the Beeman's GS 1000 "Spanish twin sister" called here in Portugal: "Norica Marvic Style".
Note that the model "Marvic Gold" from Norica manufacturer is precisely the same model that "GS 1000" manufactured by Beeman.
However mine is the "Marvic Style", and being more or less the same machine, my rifle has a silvered barrel and cylinder that I've been told, as being a nickel's anti-rust… Read Full Review

“My son bought a Beeman GS1000 from Cabelas for his...”

Written on: 20/09/2005 by PinkSlip (1 review written)

My son bought a Beeman GS1000 from Cabelas for his 12th birthday (Dad paid half). I was so impressed with it's accuracy, quiet operation and pile driving power (compared with my 20 cal Sheridain) that I bought one too. We have been enjoying target practice in our back yard, shooting into a heavily padded target box. The gun shot well out of the box - 5 shot groups initially averaged .5 to .75 inches at 25 yards. After about 1000 shots, I checked the receiver screws and found them to be… Read Full Review

“Got the Beeman GS1000 .22 and read the papers on what...”

Written on: 09/02/2005 by Chris Braune (1 review written)

Got the Beeman GS1000 .22 and read the papers on what to check and look for and got ready to shoot. First few shots were a little weak but around the 20th shot were hitting hard and didn't have to adjust the scope at all. Around the 30th shot I saw that the cross-hairs inside started to turn but did not effect the accuracy of the gun and mind you all shot groups in 5's were less than 1/4" and some were right on top of one another at 35' with a bench rest using the Beeman silver bear… Read Full Review

“Beeman GS1000 .22: ”

Written on: 15/10/2004 by Robert F Bailey (1 review written)

Beeman GS1000 .22:
I wanted something for varmits. I read all the reviews. It didn't have to be the fastest or the fanciest but I wanted a good, accurate, reasonably priced adult air rifle that could take down a rabbit at 50 paces. Well it can do that and a lot more.
This is a wonderful air rifle. Extremely accurate using Beeman .22 Crow Magnums.
My grandson and his friend came over and I gave them 2 cans of pellets and 30 minutes of lessons.
At the end of the day, I put quarters, on edge… Read Full Review

“Purchased my Beeman GS1000 .22 at WallyWorld at a...”

Written on: 29/03/2004 by flyfisher228 (3 reviews written)

Purchased my Beeman GS1000 .22 at WallyWorld at a great price as a scope combo with Beeman 3-12 X 40 Scope Model #5059. Out of the box all I had to do was adjust the windage and with less than 20 shots I had that scope sighted in to 100 Ft. Plinking Quarters and Dimes with extreme accuracy. After 800 shots the scope busted ( I should have checked for loosenes) but the people at Beeman were top notch taking care of me. I have finally shot my 2000 shot and this baby is stronger and smoother… Read Full Review

“I ordered the combo gun and Beeman 3x9 scope with the...”

Written on: 08/02/2004 by jnetsing (1 review written)

I ordered the combo gun and Beeman 3x9 scope with the two piece mount. After firing over 500 rounds, I am still working with the gun to get a consistent grouping. I have shot it at 50 yards and saw NO significant groupings. At 25 yards, I am finding that if I get a group started (2-3 shot close) it begins moving off target low and to the right further and further. After talking to the Cabelos Tech Rep. (who by the way said I could return it) he questioned my technique and shooting capability. I… Read Full Review

1Username's Response to jnetsing's Review

Written on: 08/03/2004

What is the difference between the GS 1000 and the GH 1000?
<br>Tim

Davidka18's Response to jnetsing's Review

Written on: 20/01/2009

jnetsing... i have exactly same problem with my storm xt. never found wat the problem was. but thats only with scope on...with scope off i shoot pennies at 50 yrds.

Sifu456's Response to jnetsing's Review

Written on: 28/11/2005

I think a 1 piece mount might fix the problem check to see if all the screws in the stock are snug. Then sight it in at 10-15 yards, then 25-30 yards then out 50-60 yards.
<br>
<br>I just went through the same process with a B20 in 22 a near clone of the Beeman R9 supposedly and my Gamo S1k really the S1k didn't have any problems. The B20 I had to resight it in for CPH instead of Daisy pointed.
<br>I couldn't hit anything with the pointed at 60 yards. We sighted in at 15 yards with the CPH and friend sighted in his .22 Gamo & Beeman S1 after that (with a 10mph cross wind) we were busting 4" clays at 60 yards.
<br>
<br>He then started using his old Beeman S1 in .177 and was still busting, My S1k did the same. So Beeman makes some good stuff even their copies are designed well.
<br>
<br>I'd suggest finding a pellet it shoots well at 10 yards, then the 1 piece scope mount, then running 200-300 pellets through the air rifle.
<br>
<br>When you fire the AR stay in the scope or don't move for a second. Watch were the pellet is hitting while still in the scope. The springer has a forward and backward recoil movement during this time throws the shot off.
<br>
<br>If this is done I bet you can get 2"-1.5" groups at 30-40 yards maybe 50.

Huntin Addic's Response to jnetsing's Review

Written on: 28/11/2005

You guys do realize that shooting a spring-powered rifle accurately is more difficult than a rimfire rifle, especially a .22.
<br>Springers have a 'technique' to holding them that you have to master. Not too tight, not too loose. Remember, they're spring-powered, so there's a totally different (and opposite) recoil to a springer than a powder-gun. Play with it more; you'll figure it out. These are very good guns.

Sailbode's Response to jnetsing's Review

Written on: 16/02/2005

I recently bought the GS950 which is very similar to the 1000 and I've had the same problem. Beeman say's send it back and they will fix it. I would but that's a hassle and I'd rather take it
<br>back to cabellas. I like the gun otherwise and think I'll trade in for a GS1000. This will be Beeman's last chance with me.

Sifu456's Response to jnetsing's Review

Written on: 10/12/2004

Have you checked the screws on the stock and scope mount if they are loose this can change the POI of the pellet per shot.
<br>
<br>I'd tighten down the screws on the scope and get a paper target with multiple bulls-eye on it and sight the scope in with a pellet that the guns shoots well.
<br>
<br> Set the target 10m out and sight it in, then move out 25 then 50-75 yards. Doing this you can see what the pellet/rifle/scope/U is doing and how to make it group well.

Flyfisher228's Response to jnetsing's Review

Written on: 29/03/2004

Same Rifle the GH1000 is the name of the Combo with scope. GS1000 is the rifle by itself. Thats all. The Beeman GS1000 is the Norica Marvic Gold look for it under Yahoo search and you will get several good websites.

“I make my living building custom muzzleloaders and...”

Written on: 20/09/2003 by Ron Gueldner (1 review written)

I make my living building custom muzzleloaders and feel I am qualified to discuss shooting and guns. Overall I am very impressed with this gun. I use it for hunting and pest control and find it to have excellent knockdown power and accuracy. At 30 yards it routinely gives complete penetration on 1/2" plywood.
Accuracy is very good with midweight pellets. At 50 yards head shots on squirrels are routine. Within 30 yards, you can literally pick which eye to hit.
The scope is good and… Read Full Review

“I took the Beeman GS1000 .22 air rifle back to Cabelas...”

Written on: 12/08/2003 by goosekilla (2 reviews written)

I took the Beeman GS1000 .22 air rifle back to Cabelas after firing it about 20 times. I felt robbed, I expected more for my money which is my fault I guess. This rifle is meant for shooting cans but i wanted a gun fr pest control. It just felt poorly made, parts seemed cheap. You get what you pay for… Read Full Review

Steve1024X768's Response to goosekilla's Review

Written on: 02/05/2004

Any springer type air rifle needs 500-1000 shots fired through it to smooth out the action to obtain best accuracy. My GS-1000 was horrible for the first 100 shots, heavy, rough cocking. Poor accuracy, getting 2-3" groups at 50 ft. at an indoor range. Then it started smoothing out. By 500 rounds, I was getting 1" groups. My shooting technique improved after reading lots about shooting springers. I lightened up the trigger pull adjustment a little (the screw inside the trigger gaurd). At 1500 rounds, it will pick any crow out of a tree at 29 yards (laser measured), 98% of the time, just ask the latest 49 crows hit this season... I have not had it on a bench lately, I don't feel I need to. It does EVERYTHING I want it to and more! I highly recomend it for a entry priced air rifle!
<br>Steve

James Butler's Response to goosekilla's Review

Written on: 03/04/2008

So sorry you didn't give your GS1000 the time to break-in. It can transform the performance of this fine product and give you a chance to appreciate what it can do. I am assuming you got the Norica version of this gun and not a cheap Chinez clone. If your rifle was of chinez origin you did the correct thing by
returning it promptly. Please consider giving a quality air rifle another chance in the future.

“I had the opportunity , when i bought the rifle, to...”

Written on: 16/06/2003 by mccool. (1 review written)

I had the opportunity , when i bought the rifle, to lay it on the counter top at the store with 11 other guns in the 100-200 dollar range and it was by far the best appearing of the lot. But would it shoot as well as its competitors? The first 50 rounds grouped poorly. I went thru the gun and checked the screws and re-examined the fit. everything looked good. After 200 rounds my son noticed it was shooting much better. It was true and the gun continues to preform better and better. We see 3/4"… Read Full Review

118479_South Shooter.'s Response to 107660_mccool.'s Review

Written on: 24/07/2003

Same thing occured to me. First 100 shots went everywhere, and didnt know if it was because of the scope or the pellets. So i stored it and never practiced again. After reading your comment I am starting all over again.
<br>I have always shooted centerfire, and never airguns, but is a pleasure not to drive 4 hours to use it, so you give me happy news.
<br>Any comment about scope and scope mount ? should it be one piece or can be two piece ?

120884_Donna Brooks.'s Response to 107660_mccool.'s Review

Written on: 02/08/2003

Nice to see A thumbs up on this Beeman, i just put A down payment on the 22 cal. with scope. I wil get it next Friday. Thank you,This review might have saved me A lot of disappointment.
<br> Donna Brooks

118911_Mccool.'s Response to 107660_mccool.'s Review

Written on: 26/07/2003

buy the best one piece mount u can afford this gun has enough vibration to shake loose the two piece mounts associated with rimfire 22s. my first mount loosen in ten shots - i tightened it up and it loosened again - i got the rws one piece and it has not moved since install
<br>have fun!!

“I have the 177. version of the pellet gun and i have a...”

Written on: 19/02/2003 by jared the cool man crean. (1 review written)

I have the 177. version of the pellet gun and i have a 3-7x32 scope on it… Read Full Review

90639_Me.'s Response to jared the cool man crean.'s Review

Written on: 20/04/2003

i read your review and was wondering if it was possible to install a gas ram in the gs100 i would appretiate any help

Gunnstack's Response to jared the cool man crean.'s Review

Written on: 22/08/2003

I couldn't agree more with this review. This rifle is powerful, accurate and one of the better air rifles to come out of Europe. I have put down bunnies and Magpies at between 45-76 metres with this rifle using H&N Diablo Baracuda. I have tried the Winchester 1000 and the Gamo 1250 both of which lack the quality,finish and accuracy of the Beeman GS1000. Whatever the guy with the .22 was doing is a puzzle- to put through only 20 pellets and then give up defies logic. Any gun whether air rifle or firearm needs a little patience to sight in and get the best out of it - unless he's cross-eyed of course!

117863_South Shooter.'s Response to jared the cool man crean.'s Review

Written on: 22/07/2003

I already have the .177 version and some advertisers suggest to install special optics like simmons pro air, due to double recoil in airguns. The best way to find out is to aks current owners. Did you have any trouble with yor scope ? which brand and model ?
<br>
<br>My vision is not as accurate as i wish so the use of a scope is a must, but I am a little confused about which one is best.
<br>Also the mount should be a one piece or can be a two piece with scope stop ?

“The Beeman GS100 .22 is one of the finest European...”

Written on: 30/07/2002 by NS.. (1 review written)

The Beeman GS100 .22 is one of the finest European airguns available for under $300. It is a very well built, and reliable rifle, capable of blasting a 14 grain pellet at over 700fps past 50 yards with lethal precision. It has acceptable finishing, and is very sleek. While certainly a hunting gun, it is not well suited to long trips afield, and is not ideal for smaller or younger shooters, as it is very large, heavy and takes a respectable effort to cock. Overall, it's probably the best magnum… Read Full Review

59136_Derek.'s Response to 31212_NS..'s Review

Written on: 19/12/2002

Do you know anything about the Beeman GS950 .22 which appears to be just like the GS1000 but lower price

Glock 35's Response to 31212_NS..'s Review

Written on: 01/05/2006

The diference between the GS 950 and GS1000 are the stock, the GS1000 have a more expensive and fancy stock. The difference in velocity are only a marketing strategy.
This change in \"dress\" are typical in many European and Turkish airgun makers like Gamo, Diana and Hatsan.

Whtsmoke's Response to 31212_NS..'s Review

Written on: 27/10/2003

i just bought the 950 in .177 and havent had a chance to give a good try but have fired a few targets in the basement(33ft) and the results were amazing or out of the box. the sights were almost dead on using rws superdomes. i realize that this isnt a true test but if it keeps doing this i will be happy. i bought mine for fun and to stay on top of the similarity between these spring guns and my flintlocks.

109636_Airgunner4Life.'s Response to 31212_NS..'s Review

Written on: 22/06/2003

"Overall, it's probably the best magnum European, .22 caliber springer in its class."
<br>
<br>Southshooter's right, the "Beeman" GS series are Spanish made guns. How about actual European guns like the RWS 34, 36, the BSA Supersport, or the venerable R9?

Southshooter.'s Response to 31212_NS..'s Review

Written on: 28/03/2003

The GS1000, GS950 and GS900 are made by spanish manufacturer NORICA best known as Marvic Gold series. (www.norica.com)
<br>
<br>The GS950 is a lighter version, mainly different because of its lighter spring.

68289_Ns..'s Response to 31212_NS..'s Review

Written on: 27/01/2003

Derek, I know little about the GS950 in .22, and have never owned or fired one. I do, however, believe that it's performance will be similar to that of it's big brother (GS1000) These are good guns, and with a little trigger work and some internal polishing, they should make great hunters!