Hercules (Xisco USA) B-4-2 .177 caliber Reviews

Hercules (Xisco USA) B-4-2 .177 caliber - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hercules (Xisco USA) B-4-2 .177 caliber

Hercules (Xisco USA) B-4-2 .177 caliber
Hercules (Xisco USA) B-4-2 .177 caliber

“$40 for a wood stock all steel springer shipped to my...”

Written on: 30/05/2006 by dogstar (1 review written)

$40 for a wood stock all steel springer shipped to my door? How could I resist that? It arrived in a couple days and looked about how I expected after reading the reviews here.

I've shot a hundred or so pellets through it now, and it's accuracy has been improving. However, most of the screws seem to work themselves loose regularly.

I decided to put some luvin into the Xisco B-4-2, so I removed the stock, hung it from a wire, and sprayed it with a can of paint stripper. The brown paint… Read Full Review

“Purchased my Hercules (Xisco) B-4-2 from South...”

Written on: 17/01/2006 by 4W4K3 (5 reviews written)

Purchased my Hercules (Xisco) B-4-2 from South Summit.com for $29.99. Very good price, fast delivery, good business. It was double boxed and not smothered in oil, which made me very happy on both accounts.

At first glance, right out of the box, the stock was what stuc out the most. It was horibly finished, very uneven and streaked. Don't get me wrong, the wood was/is nice, solid hard wood, but the stain job was pretty bad.

The internals and body of the gun are very nice. For a Chinese gun I… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/01/2006

it is possible to compress a spring back into the rifle, but risky depending on your muscular strength and is useful to have 2 or more people helping you... get a pillow and place on top of the rifle (take barrel off if you want) place spring underneath and have some one guide it in while you press down on the rifle with pillow between you and the rifle once it is in have someone hold it in place while you are insert the pin to hold it in place and then your sorted! :)

Necronomicon's Response to 4W4K3's Review

Written on: 13/03/2006

Nice review thanks, looks like this is the same or very similar gun to the one I just reviewed on here (under the review name of 'B4')- on stripping I couldnt get the piston out the back as it seemed to be being stopped by the underlever mechanism, so just cleaned and lubed everthing inc. the spring.
<br>As I said in my review, once that pin comes out the back, you gotta be happy you can compress the spring to get it all back together again, and its not easy! Not recommended for the casual owner!

Written on: 25/01/2006

Are Xisco like the American version of SMK?

4W4K3's Response to 4W4K3's Review

Written on: 23/01/2006

Well, why build one if I don't need one? I'd have to buy the clamp, the tools, the wood, etc. I can get the job done without one, so it seems like a waste to spend all that money and effort making one.
<br>
<br>It might be more convenient, but I don't need convenience if it costs me time and money that I dont really have. Although if I was ripping my guns apart about once a week, i'd probably invest in one.

Bertie's Response to 4W4K3's Review

Written on: 23/01/2006

I wondered what BomBom was on about in his post on the 18th. Now I see why.
<br>
<br>Why not make a spring compressor - plenty of info on the Web and even if you have to buy a 'C' cramp, they are very cheap in the cut-price shops.

4W4K3's Response to 4W4K3's Review

Written on: 20/01/2006

It is dangerous, and I don't suggest anyone do it that is not positive they know how.
<br>
<br>BomBom asked me how I did it, and I told him privately. What he failed to quote was the part where I told him that if you slip or do it wrong, you can seriously injure yourself, and I do not suggest anyone do it.
<br>
<br>I've done it plenty of times and am confident with this method of compressing the spring, so yes I can do it. IF I couldn't do it myself, how do you think I got my guns back together?

Bertie's Response to 4W4K3's Review

Written on: 18/01/2006

'For $29.99 this is a STEAL.'
<br>
You can say that again! In rip-off UK, the lower quality (Westlake) version of your gun costs two to three times what you paid, but is still good value for money considering decent similair entry-level models (albeit somewhat higher powered) start at about $180, 00.

Written on: 18/01/2006

woah wtf! you told me how to do it lol!!! sooooo really you are giving me dangerous information if you say yourself you cant do it..... oh well lol

“I am Francois from South Africa and I love my Hercules...”

Written on: 01/10/2005 by francois (1 review written)

I am Francois from South Africa and I love my Hercules pellet gun.
I have modified my scope mountings and added a silencer and a high powered rifle scope to my B4 245 Hercules and the results were staggering. So much so that I frequently hunt large fowl with it in the countryside.
Just about a week ago I took out a guineafowl, larger then a chicken at about 25 meters.
What makes this astonishing is that your target, the head and neck at that distance, is very small.
The Hercules B4 245 comes… Read Full Review

2Rcha's Response to francois's Review

Written on: 01/03/2007

Please tell me more about the added silencer (muzzleBreak),where did you purchase it, and was it difficult to install (any machining involved?)I was thinking of adding a muzzle break to my B4, any suggestions? Thanks

“I got this for my thirteenth birthday. I sighted it in...”

Written on: 25/03/2003 by John D. D.. (1 review written)

I got this for my thirteenth birthday. I sighted it in with a Daisy 4X10 and made many squirrel kills from 15-20 yards away. After about 500 shots however, the gun began to lose its velocity and accuracy- I had to shoot a bird twice from 10 yards away to kill it. It also began to aim a little high. I adjusted the scope and even got a new one but it didn't help. I advise the Gamo Shadowhunter 1000 for accuracy and power, but its a little expensive… Read Full Review

Cody's Response to John D. D..'s Review

Written on: 17/03/2004

Hey its a leather piston seal you have to lube it up in order for it to stay consitent try slick 50 advanced formular works great just put 2-3 drops in the chamber
<br>cody

2Rcha's Response to John D. D..'s Review

Written on: 01/03/2007

Add 3-5 drops of lube/moly down the piston chamber every 500 pellets, also give the barrel a good scrub/lube, you&#039;ll see your original numbers again. Cheers, Andy.

“I read some favorable reviews on the B-4-2 and I'd...”

Written on: 11/03/2003 by Mark. (1 review written)

I read some favorable reviews on the B-4-2 and I'd thought I'd try it. What I understand, I got a later model that had a different trigger hand grip than the earlier models. First thing I noticed right away that I didnt like was the grip for the trigger hand. It doesnt seem made for a person with small fingers. You almost have to stretch your hand to get to the trigger. What I do is instead of taking a regular grip, I dont wrap my thumb around the gun. I leave it towards the outside so I can… Read Full Review

“After only 10 shots I was able to sight in the gun to...”

Written on: 01/02/2003 by Jon. (1 review written)

After only 10 shots I was able to sight in the gun to shoot(with open sights)about a 3" group at 10 yards. The gun handles and balances very well… Read Full Review

“If you are looking for a full size rifle with a fair...”

Written on: 29/01/2003 by honestguy. (1 review written)

If you are looking for a full size rifle with a fair degree of accuracy with limited power ranging in the 500 fps, with a mediocre finish then this gun is for you... Even if it aint an RWS or airarms it's well worth the price and is alot better than a entry level crosman… Read Full Review

Tmbrife's Response to 68877_honestguy.'s Review

Written on: 23/09/2003

I'm not sure if I have a newer model or what, but my Hercules B4-245 shoots around the 800 - 850 fps range!

Smeagulsxgolum's Response to 68877_honestguy.'s Review

Written on: 01/03/2004

Personaly t/B-4-2 .177 isn\'t a bad rifle. I\'ve had mine close to 5 years now and very pleased with it.
<br>I will be giving it a Tune up in t/near future, not that it\'s in accurate but for myself and (smeagul-name of my gun) it\'ll be well worth the overall performance. (Like a car running at a constant performance when t/oil\'s changed every three thousand miles.)
<br>I rate this gun at a 10, It\'s one of my favorite\'s and I plan on buying t/.22 in this model. There\'s several good websites with Tech/Reviews/Performance Tune up\'s that will help the average person, those who wants a better overall performance \"plinking/hunting\" rifle.
<br>Here\'s a few site\'s I recommend reviewing-
<br>www.funsupply.com
<br>www.geocities.com/echochap/airgun_hunter.html
<br>http://air_guns.tripod.com/
<br>
<br>All 3 will help you learn more about your Xisco Rifles, if you need replacement/tune up kits, go to t/last site. Has quite alot of Tech/reviews/tune-up info., specially on this model.
<br>I love my B-4-2.177 and you can badmouth it all you want but my experiences with it as a Hunting/Plinking Rifle has been an overall rating of \"10\". \"If your expecting an excellent, no frills rifle then I suggest you go else where and buy you a top dollar rifle.\"
<br>(I should of just wrote my own review,hmm,maybe later.)
<br>Enuf\' said, \"BE SAFE & HAPPY AIRGUNNING!\"

“The b-42 .22 caliber for the price is a great air...”

Written on: 05/12/2002 by Brent. (1 review written)

The b-42 .22 caliber for the price is a great air rifle. I payed $40 including shipping and handling, and for the money you couldn't get anything better. It's accurate, all wood and metal, and has sling swivels. Think about it for $40 dollars you could barely get a cheap plastic pump from walmart… Read Full Review

“It's like the old saying goes, you get what you pay...”

Written on: 04/12/2002 by 177. SNIPER. (1 review written)

It's like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. I think it would be a great starter gun but not a great choice for experienced shooters. It has wonderful accuacy for 40$ but the quality is not so good. Saftey on the gun is a little vonerable to slipping off without you knowing… Read Full Review

64546_Eddie.'s Response to 177. SNIPER.'s Review

Written on: 12/01/2003

The XS B-4-2 has a leather piston seal and needs lubing for top performance. I use a mixture of moly paste (60%) and Slick 50 engine treatment inside the chamber. 2:6 parts moly paste/grease and 4:6 parts Slick 50. This mixture will increase power, use 2 to 3 drops of the mixture every 200 shots.
About your loose scope rail, take off the front screw and nut to take off the rail and back clip. Clean the surface of the rail, clip and rifle with Isopropyhl Alcohol or a degreaser. Glue down the rail and the clip with Goop or Super Silicone glue, let it cure/dry for 24 hours before using.
Eddie

Francois's Response to 177. SNIPER.'s Review

Written on: 02/10/2005

Well what I found, was that this particuler rifle wants a very light weight pellet.
<br>I have 4 air rifles who in turn shoots best with heavy expensive pellets to perform. With the B4 245 this is not the case. I found that the ordinary Marcsman pointed pellet in the green box, gives me the best results for speed and accuracy. Like I said in my review, I frequently hunt large fowl with mine at 20 to 25 meters, and I make a kill every time.
<br>I have more fun with my B4 245 then with eny ather firearm I ever hade, including proper rifles.

“Overall, the Hercules B-4-2 in a .177 caliber or a .22...”

Written on: 28/08/2002 by Tony. (1 review written)

Overall, the Hercules B-4-2 in a .177 caliber or a .22 caliber air rifle is a good choice for a beginner or advanced shooter. The cost of the rifle is great, especially when you take into consideration all the extras. Basically all the same functions as the higher end models even though it is a China made rifle. Solid wood stock, sling mounts (which most rifles don't have), adjustable rear sight, and ease of use. I would recommend this rifle to anyone interested in a good all around pellet… Read Full Review

Sifu456's Response to 35154_Tony.'s Review

Written on: 18/01/2005

I've read other reports on the B-42 950-925fps sounds a bit high even if it was deieisling. Most report an average of 750fps and you can get an extra 100-75fps if it diesel. It is reported as fairly accurate, you just exagarated more then usual. Good review on a reasonablygood rifle on all accounts.

“I have owned a Hercules B-4-2 for over 2 years now and...”

Written on: 27/08/2002 by Eddie Ferrer. (1 review written)

I have owned a Hercules B-4-2 for over 2 years now and I can only give praise about this air gun. It is a spring piston air gun and is made of solid blued steel and comes with a hard wood stock, on the stock it has 2 swing swivels for placing a shoulder belt (a good advantage when hunting out in the field). Out of my collection of 6 air guns, it is my favorite air gun. It is fun to shoot and has a push button elevation back sight that is handy for, it really gives you an advantage for short… Read Full Review

Roosevelt.'s Response to 35100_Eddie Ferrer.'s Review

Written on: 18/01/2003

I agree it is very well made and it is powerful....especially the .22 overall good gun my guess is that sometime the velocity can get up to somewhere around 700 but the average I think...when you do restoring process and slick 50 the average should be around 650 or 640...it is a hard hitter....good for opening cans.lol.......and I think you can stop a Raccon in its tracks with a head shot.....write in between the eyes

Steves's Response to 35100_Eddie Ferrer.'s Review

Written on: 31/10/2004

Eddie, I have been trying to find your e-mail address. I have a trigger issue that I was wondering if you could help me with. I saw you rebuilding a B-4-2 article and tried it as my 1st tune. When I removed the cocking guide a small metal part and spring fell out. I don't know how they go back in. I have pix if you e-mail me at steveshots@yahoo.com I can send. my gun is dead until i can figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<br>Steve

☆☆☆☆☆

“Although often given lavish reviews on the web, and...”

Written on: 29/07/2002 by NS.. (1 review written)

Although often given lavish reviews on the web, and despite being very common and often very popular, the .177 caliber Hercules B-4-2 air rifle is very unimpressive. The wood and mechanical qaulities are abyssmal on this model, and the fancy looking scope rail has to be welded in order to work well. The saddest part is the velocity. The gun, in .177 caliber, is boasted by it's dealers as having a muzzle velocty of between 800 and 900fps. Seems like a good deal for $30, huh? Well, in reality… Read Full Review

35009_Eddie.'s Response to 30943_NS..'s Review

Written on: 27/08/2002

I have tried and expermented with the B-4-2. The person who did the review did not remove the cheap factory oil, which dieseled and cause the lost of power, he should have changed the lube to a better lube, like Slick 50 motor oil treatment, it has telfon and works great for air guns with leather piston seals.<P>
<br>
<br>I have a air gun forum and a air gun site. All the guys on my forum who have B-4-2s that have used this air gun with my restoring process using Slick 50 only give praise about this air gun (B-4-2) with the treatment. Take in mind this air gun has a leather piston seal and must be kept moist (needs treatment) for top proformance.<P>
<br>
<br>For all those interested on how to treat this great air gun (B-4-2) for top proformance go and check out my site at: http://air_guns.tripod.com/index.htm
<br><P>
<br>I also recommend that the person who did the review go to my site and look in the index and read "Restoring a spring piston air's power", study it and take the same air gun he tested, try it and do some more testing. I have a B-4-2 .177 cal. that is over 2 years old and has over 5,000 shots on it and is shooting a good 720 fps (measured by my chrony) with out dieseling. Also take in mind that some combustion in a sports air gun can be good (according to Cardew), leather piston seals absorb the lube and slowly release it, giving small amounts of combustion with each shot with pretty good consistency (fps)in this model.
<br><P>
<br> This is the best air gun you can buy in it's price range. I have tried all Chinese air guns and the Xisicos Co. makes the best Chinese air guns on the market, a real value for your money.
<br>Sincerely,
<br>Eddie Ferrer

85645_Astro.'s Response to 30943_NS..'s Review

Written on: 03/04/2003

look dude i like honesty and your review was just that,i cant stand buying things and then when i get them home i find manufacture problems which this rifle has obviously got a lot of so dont stop telling it how it is and it will help people in the long run ;)