Beeman R9 .20 Caliber Reviews

Beeman R9 .20 Caliber
Beeman R9 .20 Caliber

“Money well spent”

Written on: 08/05/2013

I have had my R9 for a few years now. The gun is the perfect best buy for someone wanting to move up in air rifle quality. The gun is flawless right out of the box. I put a Bushnell Banner scope on mine and can put and unlimited number of shots inside a 1/2" circle at 30 yards. I have killed birds at 75 yards. After trying 20+ different brands and styles of pellets, there was no question that H&N Field Target Trophy (formally sold as "FTS") was the ideal pellet for accuracy. What a beautiful… Read Full Review

“I bought the original version of this gun in .177...”

Written on: 30/09/2010

I bought the original version of this gun in .177 caliber way back in 1994. In 2008, after over 23,000 pellets shot through the barrel, the cocking lever broke.

This gun was fantastic. The R9 is a beautiful gun. The stock is handsome. The barrel and exterior metal is richly blued. The trigger is finely crafted.

The gun can be cocked fairly easily and pellet insertion is simple and straightforward. The safety is automatically engaged while cocking and the superb, fully adjustable two… Read Full Review

“After trying out different vendors, I decided to try...”

Written on: 29/09/2009

After trying out different vendors, I decided to try this Beeman R9 based on the great reviews it has. I hate to kill the little animals but dear ticks is a major problem where I live and I see the big ticks on the body of the squirrels and rabbits on my yard. I have little problem achieving 3 holes with a 5-shot grouping at 75 feet; my backyard. When I have to, I'd align the crosshairs of my scope to the spinal cord and it'll never know what hit it; I hope… Read Full Review

“I bought the Beeman R9 a year ago and has been a great...”

Written on: 27/07/2009 by wat0up (1 review written)

I bought the Beeman R9 a year ago and has been a great gun ever since.I love the gun the 22. caliber is perfect for varment control in your yard.I like the sight on it I took the scope off and is the most accurate gun I have ever shot.My favorite part is the the power and precision of the 22. caliber.The gun is a must for squirrels and raccoons if you take care of it,the gun will be usefull for years and years.I paid $175 for it and it has been worth every penny… Read Full Review

“I've had a Beeman R9 for a few years now. It's...”

Written on: 10/04/2009 by Sniperkill (1 review written)

I've had a Beeman R9 for a few years now. It's powerful, and extremely accurate. Not to mention it's beautiful stock. Also very durable, as mine takes a beating, but it's still like brand new. I love it!!!… Read Full Review

“Very solid gun that has lasted for years and is still...”

Written on: 10/12/2008

Very solid gun that has lasted for years and is still as fun to shoot today as it was 8 years ago. The Beeman R9 is a great air rifle. Its accurate and just as powerful as the day it was made. Its easy to control with mimimal recoil. I love this weapon and would recommend it to everyone looking for a new air rifle… Read Full Review

“I would highly recommend this rifle. It's a nice...”

Written on: 24/10/2008 by Webs (1 review written)

I would highly recommend this rifle. It's a nice addition to my other rifles. This is a brilliant gun. It feels balanced and solid. A good looking piece. The gun is a joy to shoot. The trigger is wonderful, and a great gun right out of the box. The scope was set up by the factory and is mounted on the gun and ready to go. I was hitting frozen cherry tomatoes at 15 yards on my first few shots. Accurate, Accurate and Accurate!… Read Full Review

Webs's Response to Webs's Review

Written on: 24/10/2008

What about ammo? I think that there is not so much a selection.

Webs's Response to Webs's Review

Written on: 27/10/2008

Thanks for the comment. Yes, there is not a great selection out there. I use, Beeman Kodiak Double Gold .20 Cal, 13.27 Grains, Domed, 250/Tin. And, Beeman FTS Double Gold .20 Cal, 11.42 Grains, Domed, 250/Tin. They are very expensive if you shoot a lot. I tried the, Beeman Silver Arrow .20 Cal, 15.50 Grains, Pointed, 200/Tin, but they fit very tight, but still shot well and accurate. I use as a daily pellet the Crow Mags. I also was concerned with the small selection, but once I found the pellets that worked for me, I was very pleased. I hope this helps.
<br/>

“The first pellet gun I have ever been able to hit...”

Written on: 02/03/2008 by provokid (3 reviews written)

The first pellet gun I have ever been able to hit anything with! My very first shot out of the box and I got a bulls eye at 20 yards and put the next 3 shots within a half an inch of my first shot. I was sold on this gun right then and right there. I also purchased a variety pack of pellets from straight shooters with my gun and finally got the chance today to shoot all 14 different pellets into a target at 25 yards. Let me tell you there is a "great" difference in grouping between pellets… Read Full Review

“Without hesitation in stating : the best spring piston...”

Written on: 20/02/2008

Without hesitation in stating : the best spring piston air rifle in the universe. have taken many large birds crow/bald eagle with this jewel. (just kidding on the bald eagle; i think it was a giant condor.)

my pick of all i have ever fired and those are many… Read Full Review

“I purchased this gun mostly for pest control. I looked...”

Written on: 13/10/2007 by jake928 (1 review written)

I purchased this gun mostly for pest control. I looked for months before deciding on the Beeman R9. I live in South Florida where there are LARGE Lizards that like to defecate all over my property. The R-9 is solving this problem with both power and superb accuracy right out of the box. I have not missed yet. I took a long range shot recently, and it was dead nuts! There are many different types of pellets to chose from in the .20 calibre as well. My main concern prior to purchase was the… Read Full Review

“I searched the market for over 6 months before...”

Written on: 17/04/2007 by sug (1 review written)

I searched the market for over 6 months before settling down for the Beeman R9.
I like everything in this rifle. I like its look, its feel, its quality craftmanship and I've tried hard come around the lack of accuracy I've experienced with this rifle.
I understand it is sensitive to hold and I do my best to always hold it with a feather-like touch.
I tried different pellets and the ones I like the most are the Beeman Crow Magnum.
I scoped the rifle with a SWIFT Premier 4-12x40mm (airgun… Read Full Review

Chile's Response to sug's Review

Written on: 18/04/2007

Hi. It sounds like your scope is moving. Even a midpower gun like this one HAS recoil that moves your scope, unless you have good quality mounts with a scope stop.
<br/>Rod.

286427_Texas87's Response to sug's Review

Written on: 22/04/2007

Dude, i had the same problem. At the end of the day my gun would be completely off and I would have to resight the entire thing. I ended up carving the spot that I began with from the beginning of my shooting until the end of the day and the scope mount moved 2 inches. I ended up getting a scope mount with a pin stopper and now after months of shooting I still have the carving that I had on my mount in the same spot! It hasn't moved since. So look into that and I&#039;ll bet its probably just your mount.

Sussexgunner's Response to sug's Review

Written on: 19/04/2007

I agree that the &#039;scope assembly is suspect number 1. If you have no repeat of the problem when using the open sights, the problem is confirmed. Get a good quality one piece mount (preferrably one with hex key bolts), it isn&#039;t wasted money if it turns out the &#039;scope is defective, since it will be best in the long run.
<br/>
<br/>Hopefully that will be the cure. If not, the &#039;scope is almost certainly defective, the reticle probably moving under the recoil. I assume you could get it changed under warranty if you bought it recently.
<br/>Good luck.

Lonegunman Sa Tx's Response to sug's Review

Written on: 18/04/2007

The number one accuracy problem with spring piston air rifles is in the rifle scope and the scope mounting rings. These items are notorious for losing their zero. This is especially indicated when the rifle shoots well and then suddenly drifts off of zero. The scope is most often too blame. I note that you have an air rifle rated scope and this is Most Important. Scope could be defective. Next look at the rings. It is often the case that the rings move or that the rear most ring will cant at an angle as the recoild moves it. The best mounts are the one piece mounts which are also adjustable for barrel "droop". Next look at the scope mount rail on the rifle itself to make sure it is secure. There is the slightest possibility that the barrel has movement in relation to the receiver. In this regard the original barrel mounted sights are superior as all sighting is done on the barrel itself. I would suggest removing the entire scope and rings and working towards accuracy with the iron sights in an attempt to discover the culprit. Furthermore, be aware that any oil which is introduced into the spring piston chamber is subject to combustion. This will produce shots which have radically higher velocities and thus very different points of impact. Also any oil which has been introduced onto the back end of the pellets can be likewise a combustion source. You have already mentioned the tightness of the stock to action screws. Sometimes trigger action can be a source of inaccuracy if the trigger is not consistent or if it is being over controlled. Certainly different pellet weights, and pellet brands are a factor as is the consistency from pellet to pellet of any one type of pellet used. Barrel crowning and condition are factors. And of course you have already mentioned "hold" and we all know that any "wind action" will make a difference. I suppose in short, EVERYTHING can be a source of inaccuracy. However, my first impression on the most likely problem is with the scope and scope mounting system.

“Debated about whether to purchase the 20 due to pellet...”

Written on: 05/08/2006 by shootinman (5 reviews written)

Debated about whether to purchase the 20 due to pellet selection but figured WTF and got one. Verdict after 4 tins of FTS pellets. Pretty darn nice rifle. Goldfinger model from Pyramid Air. Accurate, fun to shoot and I like mine!… Read Full Review

“Let me start by saying the R9 is a spectacular air...”

Written on: 04/07/2006 by leadfinger (1 review written)

Let me start by saying the R9 is a spectacular air rifle. I would recommend this rifle to anyone looking for a fairly powerful and extremely accurate finely made piece of German craftsmanship. For the price and the weight, it cannot be beat, PERIOD!

I first purchased the R9 Goldfinger from Cobra Outdoor Sports (aka CobraAirguns.com). The driving force behind my decision to use this reseller was completely based on price. I will not make this mistake again when buying an air rifle.

When… Read Full Review

“Overall the Beeman R9 .20 Caliber gun has been very...”

Written on: 18/12/2005 by droow (1 review written)

Overall the Beeman R9 .20 Caliber gun has been very accurate. Even while breaking it in, many of the shots have been dead-on. With a decent scope, this gun is unbeatable!… Read Full Review

“I purchased a Goldfinger combo from Steve at Pomona....”

Written on: 03/08/2005 by Ruger 1 (1 review written)

I purchased a Goldfinger combo from Steve at Pomona. My first three shots at 10 yards all within 1/2" of each other, I had the shakes. I next tried it at 30 yards, my next three shots were within 1/4" ctc. Pellets were Beeman Kodiaks. At 30 yards it is shooting exactly flat. I am very satisified with my Beeman R9… Read Full Review

“I purchased the Beeman R9 .20 after trying and being...”

Written on: 06/07/2005 by Ed B (5 reviews written)

I purchased the Beeman R9 .20 after trying and being dissatisfied with less expensive adult springers. I have had the R9 for about 6 weeks now and I am pleased in every way. The beech stock is handsome and well finished. The trigger is light and responsive, yet safe right out of the box.

I bought this gun to use with a scope so I didn't even bother shooting it with open sights. I mounted the BKL 260 mount and the Swift Premier 3x9x40 scope and had it sighted in quickly. The accuracy… Read Full Review

“Just received my R9 Goldfinger (.20)! What a great...”

Written on: 20/09/2004 by Growlithe (2 reviews written)

Just received my R9 Goldfinger (.20)! What a great gun! It was dead on accurate right out of the box and I have already harvested 3 squirrels with it, which were downed with no problem. Since this is my second Springer, I am used to the recoil. Great Gun!… Read Full Review

“I bought the Beeman Goldfinger R9 .20 (in .20 cal...”

Written on: 08/03/2004 by R11rider (3 reviews written)

I bought the Beeman Goldfinger R9 .20 (in .20 cal only) with the Bushnell 4-12x40 scope. I love it. It looks great and shoots great right out of the box. Got it from Steve at Pomona. At 25 feet one of my first 5 targets grouped 5 shots at less than 1/4 inch. My R9 likes Kodiak pellets better than the FT Specials. That may change at distance. The scope was very close out of the box at 25 feet...no barrel droop problems. I think Beeman does an exceptional job setting up the Goldfingers at… Read Full Review

Kaletonto's Response to R11rider's Review

Written on: 08/06/2004

I am looking for the same gun package, can you tell me who Steve is and how much you paid for the total package or is he a friend of yours and he gave you a special deal??? thks kale

Younggun's Response to R11rider's Review

Written on: 15/08/2004

Yeah thats the going price for one of these.

R11Rider's Response to R11rider's Review

Written on: 09/06/2004

Go to: pomona-airguns.com
<br>I think I paid $384
<br>Good luck, John

“Outstanding quality through out it's manufacture. ”

Written on: 07/02/2004 by Tetryl (4 reviews written)

Outstanding quality through out it's manufacture.
Very accurate, consistant in aim (point of impact) and power expectations.

Excellent balance, it's light weight makes for a comfortable hold for weaker shooters… Read Full Review

“Well the R-9 is the true best value in airguns today....”

Written on: 17/01/2004 by masterhunter (2 reviews written)

Well the R-9 is the true best value in airguns today. Low price, super high quality, super trigger. super velocity. I installed a JM kit so i added 80.00 to the price of 248.00 delevered. However i have a super rifle, 15+ flb rifle pinpoint accuracy handles like a flash. Hmmmm let's see that's the making of a legend. I am ready to shoot for "pinks" with whoever. I have A Hw97 in .22 and a Hw77 in .177 both super rifles but they don't weigh 7.5 lbs that's why my .20 R-9 is known as the… Read Full Review

Zueltork's Response to masterhunter's Review

Written on: 07/02/2004

I did the same thing with my new R9, I really love this gun! Pomona did a super job!
<br>Thank You!!!

Growlithe's Response to masterhunter's Review

Written on: 30/08/2004

Where should I buy a Beeman r-9?