Stihl SHE71 Reviews

Stihl SHE71 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Stihl SHE71

“Burned out motor!”

Written on: 03/12/2013

Having previously owned 3 Stihl chain saws and a brushcutter I was expecting a well engineered product with the SHE 71. Changing the blower from suck to blow is a real faff with the various tubes difficult to get lined up. I’ve had the thing for just over 4 years now but it has only had light use and today the armature came apart (basically a burned out motor!) This is what I would have expected from a bargain shop machine not from Stihl… Read Full Review

“More puff than suck”

Written on: 15/09/2012 by funnyfreddie (2 reviews written)

I brought the Stihl SHE 71 for a discounted price from my local dealer which was a good start. I got it home to test on my decking (5x4m) to remove the bamboo leaves across the deck. After assembly, straight forward , I used the ' blow' function. This is very good and I was more than happy with this function. Next, it was swap over to the 'suck' function. This was disappointing. Yes it picked up the leaves but not as good as I hoped. Perhaps my expections were too high? In conclusion, as a… Read Full Review

Stihl SHE71

“What a great piece of kit! The Stihl SHE71 electric...”

Written on: 18/05/2011

What a great piece of kit! The Stihl SHE71 electric garden blower/vac. I purchased this to replace my Flymo garden vac that had given my 7+ years of decent service. The Stihl is a quality tool and make no mistake. On opening the box you get the blower unit itself, which is basically a wopping great 1100W motor with a handle attached. At the rear, beneath a removable cover is the actual shredder/blower part. It is a heavy duty plastic fan, which is probably around 6-8" in diameter. More than… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 17/07/2011

I don't like this. Guest review - only one. Does he work for Stahl????

Can't anyone back up what he says???

Guest's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2012

My Stihl SHE71 is on its second summer and has needed a new plastic fan each year because the blades also act as cutters and the material wear away quickly. It will not suck up small Leylandii trimmings but will just about tackle small pieces of privet. I spend a lot of time dismantling the suction and blow pipes to clear small twigs which get wrapped around the fan assembly where they scream loudly and produce burning smells. The fan needs to be made of much harder and sharper material if it is to cut anything more challenging than leaves and grass trimmings. It is light to carry around and the bag is very robust.

Lance11's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2011

I would also like to see another review. This one has all the expressions and wording of a typical manufacture's product marketing plug.