McCulloch MAC 7-38 Reviews

McCulloch MAC 7-38 - Ask a question now

McCulloch MAC 7-38

“Do they ever last more than a year”

Written on: 21/04/2014

I have bought two MacCulluch's, the last being a738 model.It ran really well and was used for about 25 hours in just over a year.Then it just stopped while in use.Now it as no compression when trying to start,just like my first one.It must be a common manufacturing fault as I have seen another on E-bay,as new for spares or repair. If your not a 2 stroke expert stay well clear,or am I just unlucky… Read Full Review

McCulloch MAC 7-38

“The McCulloch MAC 7-38 chainsaw arrived the day after...”

Written on: 17/05/2011

The McCulloch MAC 7-38 chainsaw arrived the day after ordering on line, great service.
Unfortunatley the same cannot be said for Husqvana ( the parent company )of McCulloch. They showed very little interset in repairing the chainsaw when it broke down after one hours use. The saw was returned to me in 'bits'
Stay well clear of McCulloch.

McCulloch MAC 7-38

“Bought the mac 7-38 just over 12months ago, Our 1st...”

Written on: 17/05/2010

Bought the mac 7-38 just over 12months ago, Our 1st problem came when it would not stop!!!! The only way we could stop it was to empty it of fuel and wait for it to "die". We managed to get it repaired and used it half a dozen times Now the celuliod has broken up Grr Total times used is no more than 20 times… Read Full Review

McCulloch MAC 7-38

“I purchased this chain saw online from AGM Online....”

Written on: 27/01/2010

I purchased this chain saw online from AGM Online. Phoned first and a helpful guy said they were in stock. Placed my order online at 1.30pm and the saw was delivered at 10.40am the next day. Got the machine out & put fuel in and it started second pull. It was light and easy to use. The only apparent fault was that the on/off switch was a bit stiff, not much good for my granny! For the price (£111.00) very good value. Would have ordered a fuel mix bottle as well if I realised I needed one… Read Full Review

Angela48's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2010

I found this review helpful because...I am thinking of purchasing this product and needed to know whether it was difficult to start. I have previously had a sthil chain saw which was impossible for me to start, but also have a mculloch brush cutter which is really easy to start and use so wondered if their chainsaws were as good, and it seems they are! thank you