Musical Fidelity A3 Reviews

Musical Fidelity A3 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Musical Fidelity A3

“MF A3 opinia”

Written on: 06/04/2012

Pierwsze rażenie jest bardzo pozytywne , Jasny , otwarty - wychodzi do słuchacza , rytmiczny . Ale fortepian gra jak słaby keyboard , a trąbka brzęczy zamiast ciąć powietrze , Instrumenty dalekie od rzeczywistości . Brzmi ładnie ale tanio . jedynie wokale trzymają fason… Read Full Review

Musical Fidelity A3

“The Musical Fidelity A3 CD is a good value for money...”

Written on: 05/12/2003 by Phillip Evans (1 review written)

The Musical Fidelity A3 CD is a good value for money cd player and though I enjoy the music I do wonder if I could achieve a less bright treble… Read Full Review

Clayton's Response to Phillip Evans's Review

Written on: 15/12/2003

I too have a MF A3 hooked up to a Quad 99 system but using the 99 power amp not the 909. Connection is via QED silver spiral. Speakers are ancient Castle Conways (3 way front ported design). My original CD player was an equally ancient Marantz but my new Quad setup really opened up the sound. However I also experienced that same treble brightness with the Marantz. With it owing me nothing I auditoned at my local Hi Fi dealer several replacement CD players, eventually settling on the A3. Brightness was tamed, sound was phenomenal and I have been a convert ever since. Perhaps the Quad speakers are the "culprit" and maybe the A3 benefits from speakers with less detailed reproduction at the top end.

Musical Fidelity A3

“Straight out of the box the first thing you notice is...”

Written on: 18/11/2002 by george. (1 review written)

Straight out of the box the first thing you notice is the weight the size and the build quality. Playing this machine turned out to be a dissapointment so a long burn in time recomended about a week should be more than enough. Rock and dance fans will love this player as I found it a bit bass heavy, play some jazz or classical and the player gets confussed I had to reach for the volume to turn it down a few times as the high notes can cause your teeth to grit. I found both the arcam and rocksan… Read Full Review

60543_Fogi.'s Response to 51810_george.'s Review

Written on: 27/12/2002

I have owned this cd player for some time. I wonder what amp, cables, speakers you are using. This cd player can sound fantastic. I play all music at all volumes- it never sounds confused. The faults you describe sounds like it is coming from somewhere else in the system.

Infedel's Response to 51810_george.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2013

Your spelling causes my teeth to grit and how about a little punctuation?

Maduk's Response to 51810_george.'s Review

Written on: 06/12/2003

George, I believe that the sharpness is mostly contributed by the speakers, if not, the QED cables or your room enviroment. Try to reposition your speakers, re-condition your room or perhaps change the cables, which will smoothen the sound. But I kind of agree that the new MF range does sound slightly edgy (including your amps). I have auditioned a couple of CD players alongside with the A3 and I find that the sound is clear with good soundstage. Although I did not buy the A3 at the end of the day, I find it is still a good buy. Cherish it!

64371_George.'s Response to 51810_george.'s Review

Written on: 11/01/2003

First thing first about my previous review I forgot to mention what amp speakers and cabling I used. My first listening test was done using mf a3 cd, mf a3 amp and kef uniq 5.5 using russ andrews reference mains cables qed silver spiral interconnect and eccosse 2.2. and I have also tested using my own reference system. I do not believe any of my audio system to be at fault which has been suggested and reviewers also have every right to dissagree with my review and I never said it was bad just dissapointed when compared to similar priced players it sounds like a £500 player however its built like £1200 one. Do a listening test yourselves and let me know what you think.

63553_Beefy.'s Response to 51810_george.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

I'd agree with fogi. Even the most expensive CD players can be made to sound rather poor if not partnered with sympathetic ancillaries.

Musical Fidelity A3

“If you can get this Musical Fidelity A3 CD player at a...”

Written on: 25/07/2002 by Simmie. (1 review written)

If you can get this Musical Fidelity A3 CD player at a discounted price, it is replaced now with a newer model (I have seen this for sale for around £650), audition it. The sound with a high quality amp, speakers and connections (try Kimber) is sensational. Superb levels of detail. Vocals sound awesome and the treble is the players ace card. This player prouduces an airy sound that begs you listen more and try CDs that you may never have considered. If you are looking for a CD player and… Read Full Review

Musical Fidelity A3

“I use this A3 amplifier from Musical Fidelity with the...”

Written on: 18/07/2002 by fogi. (1 review written)

I use this A3 amplifier from Musical Fidelity with the matching a3 CD player. Very pleasing results through my BW 604 loudspeakers. With high quality recordings this combo sounds fantastic. The midrange and treble is stunning, however the bass is generally pleasing but not exactly in the same league as the mid and highs. That is not to say that the bass is not well formed. It is but it is slightly weak.
I have owned this for some years and the sound has got better over time. To hear this combo… Read Full Review

Andrew N.'s Response to 30352_fogi.'s Review

Written on: 08/09/2002

The A3 AMP and A3 CD are indeed a good combo. The problem is the B&W 604's. They are at best suitable for garden variety systems. Try The B&W NT range. They are a far better match for that system.

Musical Fidelity A3

“The Musical Fidelity A3 is the most complete amplifier...”

Written on: 25/01/2002 by tomatoit. (1 review written)

The Musical Fidelity A3 is the most complete amplifier I have heard for under £1000. Well balanced and not 'upfront'. I run a Linn LP12 turntable through it via a Musical Fidelity Pre-amp and it has warm edge to it. Not entirely transparent, but the feeling in the music is there. CD through it is good, though it could be my player (ARCAM Alpha)but I am saving up for the Musical Fidelity A3 CD to compliment it, as I tested it when I bought the amp and it sounded awesome. Hope this is vaguely… Read Full Review